I'm late I'm late for a very important date
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 04:45 AM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

32 years old / 1133 posts

You have no idea what I've lived with

Ever since Neal had moved to New York, he had felt more settled then he had been in a long time. The foster system had caused him to not be in one place for more then a few weeks at most, and, on occasion a couple of months. But, he still ended up the same way in the end. Alone and in a new place. It was a cycle that had never seemed to stop.

New York gave him the stability he had always needed. It might not have been the ideal home he was looking for in the past, but, at least he could stay put in one place for a while. His apartment wasn't anything big, or fancy. But, it was enough for him, and, after spending a majority of his teenage life in group homes. It was bigger then he'd had in the past.

Neal knew that he had moved here to try and lose himself after being forced to leave Emma, but, it was slowly growing on him. This whole city may be foreign to him, but, there was one familiar thing that hung in his apartment here.

And, that was a dream-catcher.

It was a personal thing that he kept, to remind him of the only person who had truly loved him. And, who he truly loved as well. He just couldn't be with that person for the time being. It didn't mean he didn't love her any less then he once had.

Right now, Neal had some stuff he wanted to do, and, some time to kill before his shift at the bar where he worked. The main one would be checking out some of the art stuff that there was in this city. Neal may have gone through alot, and, to alot of places. But, one thing that stuck was his passion and talent for art.

Keeping his hands in the pockets of his jacket, Neal walked from his apartment to the parking lot where he kept his bike. It may be a city with cabs and travel everywhere, but, he liked having the option of his own ride somedays as well.

Neal hopped on his bike, and, soon headed to the art gallery. He didn't know what he expected to see there, but, that was the fun part of it. And, it was always certain places that gave him inspiration for his own as well.

When he reached the gallery, Neal parked his bike by the kerb. He pulled his helmet off before stepping off the bike. Not noticing he was about to bump into someone coming the other direction until it was too late.

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 04:51 AM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

Rory Gilmore could count with one hand the number of times that she had set a foot on New York, and she wouldn’t even need to use all the fingers. The first time was when she went with her mom to a shopping trip, the second when without planning it she had decided to take a bus to the city in order to pay Jess a visit since he had left her home town without saying goodbye.
This time she would have to stay in New York for more than one day since she had scheduled at the least five interviews for the whole month; it would be a tiring job but this was the kind of assignment that a journalist couldn’t refuse. If she managed to get her job done and it ended up looking well, this was the kind of article that would make her curriculum vitae stand out in comparison with others. The youngest Gilmore was so excited and nervous that she decided to attempt to find the building where the interview would take place, a day before it; that way if she got lost it wouldn’t matter that much.

Apparently her idea had been quite good, even if she had a map the indications that she had been given to get to the offices were shit, and after a while the brunette admitted that she was completely and utterly lost. Rory sighed as her nerves started to increase, she hated to feel lost especially in a city where she didn’t have any acquitances who could give her a hand. She was so distracted as she walked that she stumbled into someone, her map falling to the ground.

“I am so sorry, I should pay more attention to where I am going” said Rory with an apologetic smile, if only she had been looking at the streets instead of her map.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 07:48 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal continued to just look around New York for a moment. He was still getting used to this whole big city thing. At least it was easy to hide himself in. A big city allowed him to stay hidden and run if it ever truly came to that. Not that he wanted to. This was his chance for a fresh start, with no connection to his past or anything anymore. Which is what he'd been hoping for.

Within the first couple of weeks, Neal had managed to get himself a job here in a bar. While he didn't have much experience, the owner of the bar had thought that his personality and looks would be enough to attract people to the bar, while he worked on improving the bar. This was ok with him honestly, since hardly anyone had given him a chance before. He had been excited and tried to do his practice route to the bar itself, which he had done successfully, and, managed to find.

Neal had only wanted to focus on his visit to the art museum, since he wasn't working again until tonight, and, he didn't want to just be sitting around in his apartment. When he'd first gotten here, Neal had taken the subway everywhere in order to figure out where everything in this town was. He didn't want to get lost in this city. While he still took the subway on most days, Neal had decided to take a break from that today, and, take his bike. Neal stepped off the bike and his glance was on the museum, and, he soon turned around as he felt someone bump into him.

“It's ok it was my fault. I should've looked before stepping off of the bike.” Neal said, knowing he was distracted, and, he probably shouldn't be when he was in the path of people.

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 03:06 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

The smile on the brunette’s lips could only be described as a combination of friendliness and awkwardness as she looked at the stranger “Well, then I guess that it’s no one’s fault”. Suddenly an idea appeared in her mind, while likely considering that she had bumped into him was not exactly the best way to meet someone, this stranger seemed to be nice, perhaps he could be able to give her finally some directions that weren’t completely useless? Normally she didn’t like to bother people that she didn’t know, but frankly she was tired of walking in what felt like circles. The only people that she knew from nyc would be of no help right now but maybe this man could finally put her in the good direction.

“Uh sorry, you won’t happen to know how to get to this address? Asked the brunette passing him the piece of paper that she had been examining for what felt like an eternity (really, she was sure of that she had memorized it by now) “I have to do some interviews for a project and I am not from the city which means that I am lost. I have tried to find the building for three hours so I think that either the directions that I was given were wrong or I am the most stupid person in the world” said Rory, a part of her hoped that the directions were wrong, otherwise she would look like an idiot.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 09:50 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal looked at the young woman and gave her a small smile in return. His smile was full of friendliness, even if it was hidden behind the look of pain that he'd felt for the longest time and the feeling of loss that he had. “Yeah I guess so.” Neal said, with a small chuckle. He knew that it was probably a mix of both of them that caused them to go down. Neal glanced up at the museum for a moment. He guessed it would probably take longer to get in there after all. Neal just wanted to make sure this woman was alright, since she looked a bit lost. Neal kept his hands in the pockets of his jacket, as he stood there by the pole of this path.

“Oh uh let me see.” Neal said, taking the piece of paper from the young woman. Neal let out a soft chuckle as she seemed to just speak a lot all at once. Neal looked up at her before looking around for a moment. “Well, you're on the wrong side of town. It's still a bit of a trek to this place from here.” Neal took a look at the other piece of paper that had the directions on it. “Well whoever gave you these directions they kind of missed a few landmarks that you have to walk past.”

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 02:03 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

The brunette let out a small sigh when the man informed her of that she was in the wrong side of the city; she really wished that she had some bought some coffee with her, at the least it would make the moment a little bit better (everything is better with coffee after all). Rory was aware of that orientation wasn’t her strong suit but she hadn’t known how bad she was at it until today, only her could end up in the wrong side of the city. At the least this stranger was

“Would you mind to give me some directions to get to the right address? I don’t think that the newspaper would accept getting lost as a reason to not do an interview” asked the brunette with a smile. While she could understand the appealing of living in a place like New York, and she wouldn’t mind to stay here for a short period of her life, she was sure of that in the future she was going to settle down in a smaller city.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 05:42 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal gave the woman a reassuring smile as he heard her reaction to his answer. Maybe he should've grabbed cocoa when he grabbed his breakfast. Cocoa made everything better, even if he didn't need it for the main reason he started drinking as much anymore.

He kept his hands in his pockets, with the slip of paper still in his hand for a moment. Neal could tell that this woman was embarrassed by this fact, and, so he didn't really say much, instead just looking at her. This stranger was sweet though.

“Actually I can do better then that. Can't have you late for this thing.” Neal said, looking over at his bike for a moment. Neal knew that directions were sometimes hard to follow, so maybe in this city it would be better for him to give her a ride. “Hop on.” Neal said, as he gestured to the bike, before he reached out and grabbed his helmet, offering it out to her.

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:41 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

Rory wished that she would have the time in order to do a proper pro/cons list about letting a stranger take her to a unknown place. A part of her screamed in her brain that accepting the offer was a terrible idea, that the safest route would be to remain on her own but on the other hand, she was completely lost in a neighborhood that didn’t look especially cheerful either, and she couldn’t really afford to be late to the interview date, mostly because she was positive of that her boss would be incredibly angry due to the fact that arranging it had been almost impossible to begin with. What would her mother have done in her shoes?

“But if you give me your helmet wont it be dangerous for you?” said Rory hesitating, her words taking her choice for her, at the least the fact that this stranger was willing to give her the helmet meant that likely he was a good guy, or so she hoped. After the interview she would have to invite him to coffee or lunch or something, it was the least that she could do.
Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 09:30 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal knew that it may seem kind of odd to accept a ride from a complete stranger, and, be taken to an unknown place. But, that was only because in his experience it was because it usually meant that he was being transported to another 'home'. But, he wasn't like that. Neal just wanted to help get this girl to the location she had to go to, since he knew how dangerous this town could be. Besides nothing was faster then a motorcycle now was it? Neal had gained experience in this through years of running away.

“Well, riding a motorcycle always comes with danger. But, it's fine. Don't worry about it.” 'Not like I have anything to live for anyway.' Neal gave the woman a small smile as he continued to hold the helmet. Neal didn't really know many people, but, he was happy to do a good deed and get people out of tough situations. He used to do it for girls in the system and at school all the time. Maybe Neal was still that hero he'd been back in the Enchanted Forest. Neal then lightly grabbed the woman's wrist, and, pulled her closer to the bike, and, handing her the helmet. “Come on, you don't really have time to argue now do you?”

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 02:54 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

Rory knew that he was right and she decided to take the risk, she really couldn’t afford to be late and as the man said she didn’t have the time to argue. She nodded before putting on the helmet quickly, climbing on the bike behind the man “By the way my name is Rory” said the brunette, her voice muffled slightly because of the helmet, she figured that since this stranger was doing her such a big favor the least that she could was to give him her name.

She clung to him the whole ride, nervous since this was the first time that she had gone anywhere with a bike. With Logan she had tried almost everything that this life has to offer, even the thrilling (and deeply regretted) adventure of stealing a yatch, but never riding a motorbike. “You know after I am done if I ever see you around New York I am totally inviting you to coffee, it’s the least I can do to thank you” she said as she drove, although she didn’t know if he would listen considering that he was driving. She knew that some people didn't pay attention to anything but the road in moments like this, and if he was one of them Rory could understand it.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 02:59 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal looked at the woman as she stood with him by his bike. He gave a soft smile as she took his helmet and put it on. Neal moved back towards the front of the bike, and, gave a soft smile in response. "I'm Neal" Neal said, giving a soft smile glad that introductions were done now. "Hold on" Neal started up the bike and began to drive through the city.

He gave a soft smirk as he felt her clinging to him. It was obvious she was nervous and he was ok with that. Neal was used to people clinging to him, and, honestly the first time he'd ridden a motorbike was when he was about 16. It was the best quick getaway from the system for a while, and, one of his only friends had given him a ride. Hearing the woman speak again Neal smiled softly at the offer from her. "I'll hold you to that. But, we can get something after you do this interview thing you have to do. I'll give you a better map of this place."

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 01:52 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

“Nice to meet you Neal” said the brunette with a smile, being completely honest. If she had not accidentally bumped into him she would for sure be late to the meeting which of course would not please her boss.

“Of course¡ I mean the interview should be short since the guy that I am interviewing made clear that he was only going to give me the time of his lunch break so I will take thirty minutes, maybe even less.” Rory had prepared a short interview, basic and to the point questions in order to be able to obtain all the information that she needed in a short time. Considering what she had heard this interview could get a little bit trickier since the man wasn’t known for his willingness to share information but she hoped to be experienced enough to obtain something worth writing about “If you give me a map you will definitively become my favorite person, at the least today” said Rory with a friendly smile. She would give anything for a map with actually accurate information, she found hard enough to orientate herself with good references let alone with bad ones.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 03:42 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

“Nice to meet you too.” Neal said, as he continued to ride along the streets of New York. He was glad that he had been able to help this nice girl who was just trying to find her way in this city.

“I know that feel. But there are ways to have people warm up to you in even a short amount of time.” Neal knew that, while it hadn't ever worked in the foster system. Making his foster parents warm up to him enough to actually keep him around. But, it had worked out later in life. Which was good at least. But, he was at an age where it didn't really matter anyway. It was nice to know that he had a power like that though. “Well I will be happy to provide that for you. I should be someone's favourite person.” Neal turned back for a moment and smiled at Rory. He knew that maps were one of the most handy things for anyone to have.

Soon Neal reached a building, and, pulled his motorbike up to the kerb. “Here you are.” Neal said, as he stepped off the bike and stood next to Rory at the back of the bike.

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 06:59 AM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

25 years old / 114 posts

“I know, although at times it can be very complicated; I guess that it both depends on luck and the person’s personality”. Rory had seen both sides of the coin; in Chilton she had found incredibly hard to fit in, especially when it came to mingle with people like Paris Geller, who now was one of her best friends even if the beginning of their relationship had been marked by open hostility. On the other hand in Yale she had found incredibly easy to fit in, despite of the occasional social misstep almost everybody that she had made an effort to befriend had warmed up to her quite quickly. Rory chuckled at his words, she used to be the town princess (which admittedly was not a lot considering Sleepy Hollow’s size) so during her childhood she had been used to the feeling of being the favorite; adulthood had been like a slap to the face in that regard, to see that she couldn’t be the princess forever and that she wasn’t that especial if compared with the rest.

“Thank you” she said with a bright smile looking for a piece of paper and a pen in her bag “If you want you can leave me your phone number? That way I can call you after the interview to invite you to a coffee, it’s the least that I can do”

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 01:14 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

“Yeah I guess that's true. Can depend on the person as well.” Neal knew that this was probably more one side then the other for most of his life. The foster parents had always been the bad side of that coin, none actually wanting him for real. But, his luck seemed to have changed when he met Emma, the one person who he had let himself love since he aged out of the system. But, even that hadn't seemed to be able to stick. Neal knew that being the foster kid, he was nowhere near someone's favourite person, the only time he had been was back in the Forest, before he had been abandoned, so he wasn't sure that counted since he didn't get to keep that feeling. To all those spoilt kids they will be getting a huge slap in the face later on, and, this much he knew.

“No problem.” Neal said, giving a soft smile at Rory, as he took the paper that she offered him. “Sure. I guess. But, I probably won't go all that far. Since I really don't have anywhere to be just yet.” Neal then wrote down his number before handing it back to Rory. “Now hurry up, you don't want to be late.”

Rory Gilmore

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine