Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Can't Work On An Empty Stomach!, Tag: Darlingfire
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:05 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

32 years old / 1184 posts

just some lyrics
Wendy Darling   •   these two are so flipping adorable
It was weird that people from two completely different worlds, one being born around it, and, the other being born away from all of that, but, had seemed to believe in it. Could be a family. He had stumbled into this world through a magical portal, and, eventually he had been drawn to their home, making them a family together. Neal knew and could understand why people out there didn't believe in magic. In fact a part of him wished he didn't believe in it. While it had destroyed his family, and, caused him to be abandoned, it had also led him to all the family he had now. He couldn't imagine his life without any of them. While he had felt like the add on child in the Darling house, after a while he felt like he was truly a part of their family. They were the reason he had gone to Neverland in the first place. And, while it had been a place he'd never go back to, he wouldn't take that back. He'd been able to protect Wendy and her brothers, and, if it wasn't for that trip. Then he wouldn't have been alive to meet Emma and have the family he did now. It was because of all of that stuff that he had managed to find his home again. Home was where his heart and his family was, and, these days that was here in this town.

Neal smiled softly when he spoke of the Enchanted Forest, it had been a place that gave him happy memories, before his 14th birthday. It was a place full of wonder, and, also all the characters that people in this world seemed to think were fictional or only stories in a book. Neal was probably the only one in this world that had seemed to know the truth behind these stories. Neal would be happy to show Wendy the Enchanted Forest someday, but, he wasn't sure he'd be ok with seeing it all again. Without the memories coming back, but, as long as Wendy was there, then it might not be as bad. But, right now Storybrooke was where he belonged, and, he was happy here. “Well I wouldn't be surprised.” Neal said, with a glance at Wendy. “It was a kind of wonderful place. But, my experience probably was different to other people's.” Neal didn't like talking about that place, but, if Wendy wanted to hear about it, he would be happy to tell her about it. But, maybe later on though. Luckily the subject had changed to the fact of him not being able to have arguments about nothing if she wasn't here, aside from maybe with Emma. Feeling the slap Neal chuckled softly “Hey.” Neal said both of them joking around.

It seemed that the roles had reversed in terms of teaching each other about their work. Neal used to feel out of place when he was first in London, since he had known nothing about it. Even if parts of it were similar to the Forest. But, at least now he could repay the favour, and, teach Wendy about this stuff instead. Neal had pretty much had to teach himself everything in the way of technology, and, this new world stuff after leaving Neverland, and, he'd been only the same physical age then he'd been when he left the last time. But, luckily Wendy didn't have to be in that position. He would be here to help her with learning about all of this stuff. “Normally it doesn't.” Neal said, with a small smile and a glance in her direction. “Yeah, they're clever machines. And, they can make things like that work. Well not necessarily together, but, they need both of them in the car to make it work.” Neal knew that they were in different sections of the car, but, they may not mix persay.

Neal knew that the mechanical talk was probably going over Wendy's head. Instead he just fiddled with some of the stuff in the engine, before glancing up at Wendy again. “Uh yeah actually that would be great.” Neal said, walking over and handing her a flashlight from the bench. “Now...” Neal paused and pushed the ladder closer to the car “I need you to hold the flashlight about there for me.” Neal adjusted Wendy's hand position so that the flashlight was in the correct spot.

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Wendy Darling
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 02:44 PM
Wendy Darling

is online

years old / N/A posts

Wendy knew what he meant to say by that. Without needing the words to elaborate, the girl knew that Bae meant to imply that his experience - his very own past - was a sad one within the Enchanted Forest. Knowing a bit more of what his life had been like, Wendy intelligently thought against speaking of it further. Bae had a lot of strife he needed to deal with and though Wendy would always be with him should he ask for her, she also knew this was the kind of thing a person had to do mainly on their own. So while the Enchanted Forest sounded...well, enchanting, the girl kept a level head and reminded herself that it was the same place Bae had wanted to leave when he was a child. Before Mr. Gold had abandoned him. Baelfire said all of this without saying anything at all. He had a funny way of doing that. Then again, Wendy had always been able to read the heart on his sleeve. "Mm, maybe. But if it weren't for that place, you wouldn't be who you are today. That's a good thing." Bae was so strong and smart. Wendy was proud to be his honorary family.

It was great to be able to joke around like this. Wendy couldn't stop thinking about how different her life would have been if Bae was not here with her. That fear had almost become true. Bae had died, by all accounts. The girl knew the day would come when they'd die for real, but now was not the appropriate time to think about that. Not when they were horsing around and in such high spirits. So instead, Wendy stuck her tongue out a little at him, deciding to embrace her childish physique at the moment.

Wendy liked learning new things. It was always a challenge, but challenges could be fun in their own way. Once she managed to figure out a problem, there was a great sense of victory. It was partly the reason she did not mind attending school. Learning new things from Bae was even better. He made it very fun to learn about the realm's new technology and these fascinating metal wagons. Cars. Whichever. Although there was an endearing antiqueness to horse-drawn carriages, Wendy could see the practicality behind motorised vehicles. The only down side was the smell of the gasoline, but she got adjusted to that after the first few times visiting him. "Mm, I see," she hummed as she looked towards the interior of the car. "A sum of its parts, or something like that. I just find it amazing that all those parts can work so well together." They all looked so different from one another.

Gasping a little as Bae then moved the ladder with her on it, Wendy giggled once she came to a stop. Upon being handed the flashlight, she nodded when he told her where to hold it. "Got it," she said and held her arm straight as an arrow and still as a stone. She may not be helping much, but she'd do her best regardless. "So, when did you start tinkering around with cars? Is it something you really enjoy?" she asked happily. She was just glad to have some time to get to know Bae a little more.

Neal Cassidy
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 03:11 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal didn't really want to talk about his past, even if it was to Wendy. It just brought him a lot more pain then he wanted to relive anymore. Luckily Wendy seemed to understand that and stopped the subject. He was ok with dealing with it on his own, like he'd done for all of his life anyway, not that he would reject Wendy's help, but, it would just be easier to figure out his feelings on his own. The Enchanted Forest may sound enchanting and magical to someone like Wendy and her brothers, but, to Neal it was the place he had wanted to leave when he was 14, because it was that exact magic that had destroyed his father, and, led him to being abandoned. While he hid things, Neal knew that someone like Wendy could sense what he was really feeling. “Yeah maybe. But, I think it was more the stuff I went through in this world. But, I guess that was the start of it.”

He enjoyed having a sibling to joke around with again. Neal had always been on his own without siblings. There had been like one or two foster siblings that he'd been close to, but, not on the same level as Wendy. Neal didn't want to think about how his life would've been if he had never met them. Yes, he'd been alone for most of it anyway, but, with them he had felt even a small amount of love. Neal hated thinking about the possibility of her and her brothers disappearing again. It had almost happened when he'd died, and, the Darlings had gone back to Neverland, but, they were all back now, and, that was all he'd ever wanted, and, he was going to make sure that this fact never changed. But, those thoughts weren't what he needed in his head. And, so he just brought himself out of his thoughts and just looked down at Wendy, before sticking his tongue out back at him.

One thing Neal had always liked out there was learning new things. His foster parents and siblings weren't going to teach him anything, and, school wasn't something he was in long enough. So, he pretty much had taught himself everything that he needed to know in this world. But, Neal would be more then happy to teach Wendy these new things so that she didn't have to be without knowledge if she needed it. And, he could add his own touch to all of it. The cars and modes of transport in this world these days, was a lot different to the horse and carriages that they had both been with for a big part of their lives. These vehicles were a lot more reliable though. “Good.” Neal said, giving Wendy a small smile. “Yeah, well technology can be an amazing thing at times.” Neal knew that he'd had the same reaction to all of this stuff at first as well.

Neal grabbed the ladder and pushed Wendy closer to the car, so that she didn't have to move. Knowing that she would want to help, Neal had handed her a flashlight, and, he watched as she shone it where he said to. “Alright good.” Neal said, giving Wendy a small smile in acknowledgement of her doing it right. “Oh well growing up the way I did. I had to teach myself a lot of this stuff. But, the first time I did it, I was on the run from the system for the first time. I found a place like this to hide out in, and, they said it was fine as long as I was willing to work. So, they suited me up in the overalls, this 14, 15 year old kid, and, they taught me the basics of everything. And, I went from there. But, yeah now a days I just enjoy it.”

Wendy Darling » notes

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Wendy Darling
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 04:04 PM
Wendy Darling

is online

years old / N/A posts

She understood, truly. If Bae didn't want to speak on the subject further, she wouldn't push the issue. Wendy was a curious creature by her nature, but she never liked to be pushy. Except, of course, when it was necessary. But in the here and now, Bae was completely within his right to decline the conversation further and Wendy was more than happy to provide the change in topic back to the car. There were some things that people just liked to keep to themselves; Wendy was no different. Even with her brothers, there were some things that she just felt uncomfortable talking about. Things that were better left off lost within her own thoughts. Bae was like that, too, Wendy knew. He liked his privacy and it was rare that he allowed such things to be probed and prodded. So when he quietly answered her, the girl got the message well enough: please, drop it. Wendy smiled gently at him before answering, "Well, the important thing is where you ended, right?" She took his hand, grease and all she didn't care. "I'm glad we're both here." Together.

Wendy had no doubts that technology could be very useful and interesting. Just by observing how much technology had progressed in this year compared to her own home, Wendy knew that peoples' creativity and basic need had changed over the years. Things like the refrigerator still amazed her. Not having to salt meats and pick fresh vegetables was a godsend as far as grocery shopping was concerned. She could plan meals ahead of schedule rather than just on what the markets had for the day. If not for the refrigerator, then electrical lighting was another favourite new invention. They seemed so much safer than those gas lamps she had been so accustomed to using. At least, she could read close to a light without having to worry about her book...well, lighting on fire. "Oh, it certainly is!" Wendy agreed with a smile. "I learn something new everyday! It was almost hard to believe this was still the same realm, it's changed so much. John and Michael seem to really like all the technology too, though." Boys will be boys, as her mother would say. They liked to tinker with all sorts of things.

Holding a flashlight was easy. If she could learn the technology as quickly as Bae seemed to have picked it up, maybe Wendy would even learn to tinker around with cars, too. She was an intelligent girl, but some things just wouldn't stick. She knew that. Now, modern technologies that helped her to do what she already loved to do - caring for her family like cooking and cleaning - were easier to learn. She could confidently use a stove and things like washer machines had scared her at first, but she'd learnt to like them all the same. After figuring out how not to ruin clothes with one, she had learnt to like it very much.

What she didn't like was the image of her brother having to run away from the authorities. Wendy already knew this topic was going to get touchy quickly. He wouldn't want to talk about why he'd been in trouble and she was sure the story telling would upset him, so she didn't ask. "I see," she said with a small nod. "They sound like they were nice people, at least. To take you in like that." The girl sent a silent thank you to whomever these people were that took mercy on her brother. At least he hadn't been on the street again. Shaking her head, Wendy realised she no longer wanted to think about it, either. "I can tell!" she giggled as he helpfully once again steered the conversation. "You're so fast and precise. It's really amazing, Bae," she complimented.

Neal Cassidy
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 03:53 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal knew that if anyone would understand when he didn't want to talk about stuff, and, wouldn't push the subject. If he really wanted to talk about it, that was what sessions with Archie were for. Or Emma. But, that was only because she had gone through the same stuff. Luckily the conversation was going back to the car and his work that he did here. Even if it was Wendy, he still had some things to keep to himself. They were better off staying in his own head, as both memories and thoughts. It took certain things to trigger him to talk about things, and, normally it was before his walls were truly built. Neal smiled softly and then nodded gently. “Yeah I guess so.” Neal said, looking at Wendy again as she took his hand. “Me too.”

Technology had been something that was confusing to him, a 14 year old kid who hadn't seen any of that stuff before. But, it had been useful, even if his foster system life hadn't let him being able to afford any of this stuff. It was mostly in the schools on the rare occasion that he was in there long enough. Certain things had amazed him for the longest time, until it became an everyday thing, and, then it finally just occurred that he had other things to worry about anyway. At least transport and electricity had become better, and, improved. Neal gave Wendy another small smile as she seemed to respond. “Yeah I'm with you there. It confused me for a long time too when I first got here. But, I guess I had other things to worry about rather then technology itself. But, I'm not surprised about that.” Neal said. There was a lot more advances for technology for boys to like and fiddle with.

Neal smiled as Wendy held the flashlight for him. That part was easy. Neal knew that Wendy would be able to pick all the technology stuff up in no time. Especially if she let him teach her. Most of the hardest parts to learn it was because they had been in this world for the longest time, but, Neal was in their shoes, so he could teach them the same way he slowly learnt it. Some of the technology was pretty simple, but, others did require someone teaching them in detail. Which Neal would be happy to do at any time.

Sadly the conversation went back to his past, however unintentional Wendy had meant that to be. Hopefully she would allow him to just be as vague as that, since that pretty much did explain it. Neal smiled softly as he thought about them for a moment. “Yeah they were. It felt nice there.” Neal said, before using his wrench to adjust something on the car for a moment. It was easier then thinking about the pain of being found there and taken back to the group home instead. He didn't want to talk about this for too much longer. Neal let a small smile escape his lips as he heard the compliment from Wendy. “Thanks. And, yeah it is amazing.” Neal then looked at Wendy for a moment. “Did you want to try?”

Wendy Darling » notes

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine