Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Letting go of the past, Newt <3 ( & fireworks! )
Porpentina Goldstein
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 09:57 AM

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Other Realms

Shadow is online

25 years old / 96 posts

A fool rushing in again..

Newt Scamander

" You're telling me. " A part of her didn't really believe it, but then it seemed to be pretty true. The only thing that kept her from really dwelling on it though had been that it wasn't her business, and especially not something that she would have ever done! While it wasn't entirely fair to judge either, Tina also had years of that old fashion upbringing once again rearing it's ugly head.

Her thoughts toward it though had come to an abrupt end the very moment Newt had taken her hand. While he may have lacked some self control, Tina was no less innocent in soaking it all up each and every time. If anything, she only added when her other hand had covered his so that both hands had one of his own. At first she was worried about offending him, but that gesture and the ever present smile of his had calmed those nerves.

His words though had been a jumbled mess again, leaving Tina to raise a brow at first when she really wasn't sure he was intentionally trying to insult her. Thankfully for his quicker words, it wasn't that, and she hadn't had to worry in the least when what he finally said had made plenty more sense and she nodded as hands had given his a gentle squeeze. " Not that it matters, look. The only opinion I really care to hear about is yours. " If other people had something to say, let them. Someone always had something to say come to think of it. Newt on the other hand, if there was anyone in Storybrooke, New York, anywhere in the world for that matter who she cared to impress or wanted to have been noticed by, it was him.

There he went insisting again, and while she had been telling him no it wasn't because she didn't think he was capable of helping, but maybe with having helped Queenie for so long she wasn't quite ready to lessen that load of her own a little. Still, his ongoing persistence to help had finally given Tina no other choice, if only because she didn't want to hurt him in making him think his help was no good. It was far from that, if anything, she just hadn't wanted to drop another burden on him when he already had so much to handle from his creatures to his book to his traveling. The latter at least only counting if they ever left Storybrooke.

And yet, despite her pushing to try and save him that additional weight to deal with, there was no denying she was happy to hear him still insist on staying all along. A smile touched her lips, fingertips of one hand gently brushing against his hand when he was speaking. At least up until he mentioned that he wasn't taking advantage. A soft chuckle left her lips at that. " I wouldn't ever think so, I quite enjoy putting up with you Newt. " So what if maybe she had liked that firmer tone he took towards helping her pay, if anything it felt like she may have really gotten him out of his shell. At least as far as she went. All in a short time, and she had already learned so much more of him than what they did in the first few days they spent together in New York. And it only made her care all the more towards him.

But she couldn't entirely agree with everything he said, even while she had appreciated his words. " We've helped one another, but I feel like I still owe you so much. You did a lot for me, more than I think I can ever actually express. " She wouldn't even get into how it was her own fault they were steps away from being put to death. Had she just kept the damn case and not brought it to Graves none of that would have happened. It seemed sillier the more she thought on it, how she could have done that to Newt all so that she could have had her spot as an Auror back and impressed her boss, who turned out to not even be the man she thought he was! So stupid, so incredibly stupid.

His last words though had been more comforting, a light nod offered after his words when Tina could agree. " Neither have I. I hope it's nice. " At the least, maybe she could give it that more 1920's feel that she missed. " Maybe it's only temporary, but when we leave I could always see about maybe moving somewhere myself. " Why it had to be shared with him, she really didn't know, other than that he may have needed to know when they exchanged letters again. Shame. Because there was no denying that she really just liked having him there with her so much more.

Ria
PMEmail
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 02:49 PM

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

Planning a life together without even realising.

Newt chuckled. Putting up with him seemed about right! At least she didn't mind anymore than he did. However, that didn't make him anymore keen about the handouts that she had given him; disagree as she may. Although, he was left with a certain sense of confusion as he tried to understand exactly what he had done to help her. Aside from cooking dinner and a few too many (not!) kisses, there was inadvertently breaking her toe, everything nundu related and that was just Storybrooke they were talking about!

Although he couldn't think of anything to have such a fuss over. Sure their unplanned adventure in New York had thrown up a few things but they were more than even for that. After all, there were quite a few times where things could have gone even worse than they had! Helping himself to another drink of water, he then replied with "You don't owe me anything." Smiling he added, "Unless you have a chocolate frog. I really miss those." Of course, Tina wasn't talking about something as simple as all that and did they even sell chocolate frogs in America? Maybe he was making light of something he shouldn't. Either way, she wasn't changing his mind.

It still seemed strange though, making plans the way they were here. Although it only seemed right. It felt right against every bit of his upbringing. "And co-owners does have a nice ring to it." So, yes, he was still pushing the whole thing in the direction he wanted it. Whatever she thought, whatever debt she thought she owed him, there was no harm in a balanced scale. Very rarely had he found one of those!

With the talk filtering back to their old lives, Newt replied. "I haven't thought that far ahead, honestly." In someways, it felt like things back in London were a lifetime ago. Despite what he had thought originally, he was adapting to his surroundings and as much as he enjoyed Tina's letters, having her with him in the flesh was so much more delightful. Was it terribly wrong that he was happy about everything even if they couldn't leave? Sure there were worries, like what he was supposed to do with certain creatures, the ones he hadn't intended on keeping long term, but the good outweighed the bad.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't see anything changing." Maybe he had just gotten used to elements of his life, the more mundane. That was if life didn't continue on without them back in their own time, that was one thing he couldn't know for sure. No one had ever been able to give him an answer one way or the other. That did, however, get him to frown at the thought. "I bet Mrs. Trent's fretting up a storm." Somehow or another he hadn't given a thought to the woman since he first got dropped in whatever fairy tale world this was. "She is - was - my landlady." He thought it best to explain. "Muggle but her husband was a wizard. He didn't make it through the war." Really Newt had to admit, he had been rather lucky to land a place so easily and thankfully with someone who knew all about magic. How selfish of him not to think of her. "I told her I'd be back by dinner..." and then that portal happened.

Newt shook his head gently, there wasn't thing one he could do about it either. Considering where and when they were currently, the woman in question was hardly alive anymore, it wasn't like he could send a letter. Instead it was a simple matter of the unknown that couldn't be helped. His eyes drifted back to Tina, again as he realised he was on about something that was of little importance, well with how things were. "I am glad you're here." He gave her hand a squeeze. Even if it was also for some of the wrong reasons and others that he didn't care to explore quite yet.

MITZI
PM
^
Porpentina Goldstein
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 11:04 AM

Other Realms

Shadow is online

25 years old / 96 posts

A fool rushing in again..

Newt Scamander

" Oh I do. All in due time maybe. " Much like how he couldn't budge with co owning a place to live, there were just some things Tina didn't budge on. Even if in the end it may have not been all that important. Whatever the case though, a look of confusion had filled her face when he mentioned chocolate frogs. " What are those? " In America they had No-Maj candy, then fizzy wizard candies, among other simple things that always had some magical gimmick to them. Chocolate frogs though, not so much. In fact, Tina didn't even think they sounded all too appetizing!

She couldn't help but laugh a little once more to his stubbornness. A part of her was quite surprised by just how willing he was to really have a part in owning something with her. Really most people may have ran the other way, given that she really hadn't ever openly questioned if they were together or not. No that was a lot of bravery, and even the Auror didn't have that yet. " It does sound nice, it can be a little bit like home. " Just.. with Newt there too. Which wasn't at all a bad thing.

A smile kept to her lips when he mentioned not thinking that far ahead. That may have just been something that Tina did a little too often. " I do, sometimes. " And she'd confess it at least. While some people could easily worry about the now, she had been more of a now and then the later person. In her mind at least, it was good to have an idea instead of just rushing in. Even if at times, that was exactly what would happen. So what if a big part of it hadn't been more about what happened to them when and if they ever left Storybrooke. Did he just go back to London? Go back to writing letters and the two had to start all over? That was the only thing that made sense, something of a good thing, and then back to square one.

" I wonder if everything is going on without us, or if somehow us being here will hold everything in place. I could lose my job as an Auror again. " Oh, that had been on her mind plenty. Only for a few months she had that reinstated spot and now she was wondering if it had all been lost already. Not that it was her fault, this was something entirely out of her hands. Not that she regretted how she had lost her spot the first time, but still. " At least the Ministry could be out looking for you. " He had a bit of a name for himself out there, unlike her who really just did what she had to day in and day out. She hadn't traveled the world, or wrote a book, or even really had a large bit of credit for having helped in capturing Grindelwald that one time.

It was sad to hear about Mrs. Trent though. " That poor woman! " Tina knew loss, and while she'd never lost a husband, a loss was a loss. It just stuck with you no matter how much you really let it go or accepted it. It was always there, in one way or another. " I hope there's someone she can talk with. " Maybe someone in a shop or a friend, someone. That was really the only thing that could help at times was a shoulder to cry on. She had Queenie all the time, so she was blessed to not be entirely alone, even when she felt like she was.

All along she had been telling him how glad she was that he was there. That it sounded really selfish, but that a part of her really hadn't regretted it either. It was better with him there, it helped her get past being homesick and missing him all at the same time. And yet, he really hadn't said it at all to her until then. That squeeze of her hand had been returned. " I am too, I'm happy you're here with me Newt. " And she meant it, even if she had said it a hundred times before.

As much as she wanted to stay there without even having to have an excuse to hold his hand, it dawned on her that it was likely getting pretty late, and while she really wasn't too sure of his work schedule at the time, she knew that her own had her doing an early morning shift and so on top of having to be up early, she also had to make sure that she was at the diner in time for a quick breakfast and a cup of coffee before getting her day started. " It's getting late, I should go back. " He didn't have to go, if he chose he could stay there for longer. It was all up to him.

Ria
PMEmail
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 07:02 PM

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

All this talk of chocolate frogs followed up by awkward questions.

"You've never heard of chocolate frogs?" Alright, yes, that was the pressing question for him at the moment. With everything else on the table of conversation, there were important things worth talking over and yet, he had selected the subject of wizarding sweets. "It's chocolate shaped like a frog and charmed to behave like one." Only a wizard could say that in a sentence and not sound insane. "Have to watch opening the box or they'll hop off. Each one comes with a famous witches and wizards card." Newt shook his head, what a dull childhood Tina must have had without chocolate frogs... "Now I really wish I had one." Yes, he was more than willing to share one if he had one. They really were among his favourite treats right next to a muggle owned sweet shop that did the most amazing filled chocolates.

Newt's thoughts remained for a while on the joys of wizarding candy that he did still enjoy. After all, a person could never be too old for a chocolate frog or that was his justification for his weekly purchase of one when he was living in London. Although, right now, they were a million miles from London, or so it felt considering the very simple fact that they couldn't leave. So the idea of having a home, a proper one, even if it was just for weeks or months was something of a comfort. Alright, even if he tended to stay in his case already, there was something different about getting to say that you owned something. While he owned his case, it was hardly the same thing as owning a house, or part of one. It was terrifying, improper and something he wholeheartedly wanted to do! Maybe Tina was a reason as well, even if that was improper but not a woman living with seven men improper.

The very idea that their world was going on without them, was something of a concern. As much as he liked to think that someone aside from his landlady would notice his disappearance, he wasn't sure. Theseus wrote the odd letter but considering Newt hadn't replied to the last one for obvious reasons, it wasn't as if his brother really knew where he was let alone where he wasn't. Maybe the Ministry was looking but at the same time someone could have replaced him by now too. His book just sitting there since he never did manage to make it to that book signing, even if he had thought it was a stupid idea. It was all horrifying thoughts. Honestly, he just had to pretend that things had frozen. There was a slim chance that if they ever managed to return they'd be dropped right back at the point where they left, like nothing had ever happened. That was some comfort anyway.

That didn't mean he didn't worry about elements of his former life, Mrs. Trent being one of them. "I do hope she's alright." Ironic that he was more worried about a woman he barely knew more than his own mother. Somehow, he just didn't see his mother worrying about him, like she was used to him disappearing for long periods of time. It wasn't even like the woman answered his letters, the few he had sent anyway. Newt mustered up some sort of smile for Tina, "Although, Queenie had a business going before we got here and you never noticed she was gone." That was about as close to giving some sort of reassurance as he could manage. Everything else was a simple case of the unknown.

Of course, despite all of that, being trapped, everything he was selfishly glad he was getting to spend all this time with her. Not even under arrest either, or locked in a cell awaiting trial for treason! It was honest to goodness time spent together, no legal red tape required. Even if he had questions, he had yet to get answers to.

"It is late," Newt agreed, maybe with the slightest frown at her observation. He didn't bother to check his pocketwatch, it was dark and everyone else who had come for the fireworks had gone. That seemed late enough for him. "Hold on, I'll walk back with you." After all, without her, he was just sitting there in the dark. Newt released her hand with some reluctance and got to his feet, collected the tray containing the remains of their thrown together picnic, and disappeared into the case to put it back into the kitchen, leaving her to collect the blanket.

Newt returned from the case rather quickly, he'd do the washing up later, and picked it up. Leaving no evidence that they were even there. He couldn't help but smile at her as he took her hand again. Maybe he was overdoing it with the hand holding much anymore but he liked it even if it brought up that question again. "It's a nice night." He remarked as they started to head back in a much more leisurely pace than he usually walked, while they did both have work in the morning, he wasn't in a hurry to get to their destination.

But that question was still there, dancing on the edge of his tongue, making him wonder. "Tina, may I ask you something?" As afraid of the answer as he was it just had to be asked. The nerves and butterflies in his stomach were easy enough to feel with every step, he didn't dare to stop and look at her, he couldn't even glance in her direction. Instead his eyes forced on the moonlit ground before them, "Are - are we dating?"

MITZI
PM
^
Porpentina Goldstein
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 09:51 AM

Other Realms

Shadow is online

25 years old / 96 posts

At least someone asked.

Newt Scamander

The USA didn't have such a thing as chocolate frogs, and while he had described them, they sounded interesting enough.. but not something that Tina may have really been all too willing to try. " I'm not sure if I really would want to chase my candy. " it'd better be worth it! Even if it was chocolate, so that meant it probably was. " That sounds nice, are there a lot of cards? " Motivation to sell them, but then as a kid she admittedly would have been collecting them no doubt. Yes candies were possibly a little less interesting in the states, though she had a few favorites just the same.

" Maybe we can find something like it here. " She doubted it would be the same, but maybe at least something that could suffice enough? Until then, he'd sadly have to wait until when and if they ever went back to where they belonged. As it were, Tina could see herself building up more and more reasons to leave Storybrooke, from having her job as an Auror, to going to see Romania, to so much more. And yet, she kind of liked Storybrooke. She had already made some friends, which was a bigger step in the right direction that she'd ever done in New York and she could see Newt every single day without any sort of misadventure or him getting on the next ship back to London. Queenie was even happy, taking care of herself and showing just how great she really was!

It was true though, It wasn't that she didn't care that Queenie was gone, it was that she literally didn't even have enough time to realize. Then, the next thing she knew, she was through a portal and finding her sister well adjusted. " I'm sure she'll be okay, sometimes losing someone makes you a little stronger, even if you don't want to be. " Plus she really hoped others had reached out to her, that was the best thing to do, even in small cases like the paperboy or maybe even a clerk at a store. Someone who could talk to you even briefly and lighten the day just a bit.

Tina knew full well, since so often her own emotions were bottled up. She really hadn't reached out to anyone and kept to herself or to Queenie who she hadn't had a choice since her sister could read her mind and often did. There was a lot she could have done differently growing up, and still, the sometimes awkward Thunderbird couldn't argue about the position she was in now. She and Newt were happy, and that had been nice.

With it getting late, Tina really didn't want to end the time they were spending together. A part of her had wondered by his frown if he hadn't felt the same when she nodded to his reply of walking back with her. Something that she couldn't at all complain about. Once he disappeared into his case, she had gone for her wand, using a few spells that let the blanket hover from the ground where it was shaken off and folded before she held it in one arm.

When he returned, which was pretty fast! She was a little surprised that he had taken her hand again. Not that she was against it, in fact she may have been more than willing to allow it when she actually had a nervous laugh that slipped through her lips as she walked alongside him. " It was nice, I like spending time with you. " The question though had come up, and while she had the very same one on her mind she hadn't dared voiced it.

While not directly saying it, or she may have, at times Tina was so nervous she didn't even recall. But she had made it plenty obvious that she and relationships didn't go hand in hand. None had worked out, if only because there had never been any to have worked with. In Ilvermorny she may have met people, though before anything could have grown from it, she couldn't and wouldn't have taken the signs and let things slip through her fingers. With Newt, it was all different. She'd never been so willing to be with someone, much less kiss someone for the first time and not have a regret towards what it could have meant should it have gone badly! But that question? Forget it. She was as clueless as could be.

" Um. " Words of wisdom right there. Her upper teeth dragged along her lower lip when she tried to think of what to say. By all means, she wanted to say they were! That they should be! That they very much could and she would have been completely happy with it! And instead, there was just silence when her mind jumbled words about and she tried to find the appropriate way of saying things without coming off like a complete fool. Which, she was. A complete fool.

And of all those words that she could have said, out popped the least helpful. " You did kiss me. " In fact, it was her who kissed him. But he did kiss back so there was that too! Wait. That was wrong. That really wasn't the best way to put anything. " I would like it if we were, but do you like it? " Can't like dating if he didn't like it. It was sort of a moment of truth, one that was going to end really well for Tina or end very badly. And after all he had said about Leta, there was that shadow of doubt she had hovering over what could be.

Ria
PMEmail
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 04:17 AM

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

A perfect night for romance.

The evening had been a challenging one, put lightly. The fireworks were forgettable where as the conversation was not. Newt wasn't sure how it felt like they had covered everything under the sun but it did. With the truth about Leta out in the open, he hadn't really decided how he felt about that, not when it was so easily buried again. As he had said, Leta Lestrange couldn't hold a candle to Tina Goldstein - not even the slightest lies, which he was awful at anyway. It had made time slip by without either one of them noticing although it did feel a little longer than it was as well, heavy topics of conversation tended to do that.

With the lighter talk of chocolate frogs, as much as Newt wanted one, he was happy enough to talk about them. Explaining them, and wondering to himself what on earth American witches and wizards did for fun if they didn't have the joy of swapping cards and chasing after a perfectly edible frog. "They're easier to catch than Niffler," he couldn't help but reply. The amount of time he had spent catching chocolate frogs did help the skill set he had now. He was forever chasing after something.

Newt nodded, "Several hundred but new ones get added sometimes." While he didn't have a complete collection by any means despite starting at the age of six, he had heard that there were a few witches and wizards out there who had completed the set. Being so far in the future and had they been in the wizarding world, he couldn't help but wonder how many new cards there were now. There were just somethings that he wasn't all that willing to grow out of and it helped that the chocolate was really good anyway. Although he doubted the muggles had any idea of such quality anymore but he still nodded in agreement with Tina, after all there was a chance they could surprise him!

Nonetheless, the evening was slowly winding to a close, one that he was in no hurry to end. Apparently getting taken to a celebration without his knowledge and the ambush of all things Leta, hadn't done anything to ruin it. While Tina had been the cause, she also managed the cure as well. So he liked spending time with her, she had said it often enough to him and she hadn't run screaming yet! There was something there. Newt wasn't blind to it, even if he had been before and his overall attempt to avoid it for past reasons that really weren't all that valid here. While Tina had arrested him, at least that was something that was kinda his fault. Mostly it was on Niffler's head but that furry creature never seemed all that worried about anything as long as his den was fully stocked.

There also wasn't a person that he knew of who'd turn down a moonlit walk. It wasn't full yet but plenty bright, it was neither too cold or too hot, honestly it was perfect! It even had the the patchwork glow of fireflies seeking their ideal mate. The question that rolled off his tongue though, didn't feel all that perfect. No, instead he felt like a fool for asking. Worse with all the prior conversation about his ex-girlfriend. Forgetting all of that, it certainly felt like dating in some sort of weird way. Even if he wasn't entirely sure how that had happened in the first place. Apparently there were just some things in the world that couldn't be explained by either muggle or magical means, they just were.

That didn't make him feel any less awkward. Her silence did worry him. Was she coming up with a polite way to tell him no? Was she so horrified by the idea, he had brought her to a loss for words? Honestly, Newt couldn't find the courage to look at her to get some sort of guess, instead his feet just kept moving and his eyes on anything as long as it wasn't her.

Her answer, once she had found the ability to voice it, had gotten a laugh out of him. Maybe not the reaction that he should have had but it just came out, nerves being the cause more than anything else, perhaps. Although, if he remembered correctly it was her who kissed him but this was one time he was willing to take the blame. The slightest of smiles danced on his lips as his mind replayed just the kisses of the evening alone - there had been quite a few of those! Even if she hadn't entirely answered his question.

At least, it wasn't another unpleasant surprise when Tina finally found, what some would call, the right words. A broader smile found it's way to his face, his steps slowed even further but not stopping. "I'd like that." While Newt was almost positive she had said those words last, borrowed or not, at least they had come out in the right order and made some sort of sense. The butterflies in his stomach were still very much there, a nervous laugh left him, honestly it seemed like a miracle he had managed to say anything at all! The smile hadn't faded though and grew a fraction more when he did finally dare to glance in her direction. They really were both as hopeless as each other but at least, for the moment, they were on the same glorious page.

MITZI
PM
^
Porpentina Goldstein
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 09:36 AM

Other Realms

Shadow is online

25 years old / 96 posts

A little desperate there.

Newt Scamander

Maybe it was a little wrong to drop the conversation about chocolate frogs, or cards, or even how ridiculous it really sounded to have to try and catch your candies. But, Tina's mind had been weighing on the question that he had ended his talking with and what hung in the balance as far as what she had brought up to him in return as well.

She was pretty sure that this was dating, so much so she stuck with the choice when she had said it and without even the slightest doubt had also expressed a desire towards it. So when she had put the same pressure on him for his input, she had waited, not so patiently either when eyes occasionally left the path in which she walked so that she could watch him instead.

There wasn't any need to admit that the night had been both horrible and yet perfect in a sense. No, she really wasn't in any right to have brought up his ex. It wasn't her business, even if the intentions were good that she just wanted to help him heal. Really she couldn't have expected that Leta had done what she had, and in return somehow managed to anger Tina when she hadn't even met Leta before. But then as old wounds were mended, she liked to think that she may have helped him, if even just a tiny bit.

When his steps slowed, she too had slowed her walking. Her stomach was in knots for what he may have said. He could have easily admitted then and there that maybe he could smooth things over with Leta, some sort of backfiring in how she tried to help him and only caused him to rethink his past. Or that he only wanted to consider Tina a friend. She bit her bottom lip, a habit that she had always had that had only intensified since she met Newt. To say she had been nervous was a little bit of an understatement. If anything, the often brave Auror was afraid to hear what he had to say!

That worry that it could go badly had resulted in another matter, and that had been that the hand that had been in his had tightened just a little in the hope that he wasn't going to say what he had and then leave. Not that she had done it in a painful sense, but just a little something that she may have not even caught fully on to doing too quickly.

And yet, to hear him say that he actually liked it, had brought a very visible relief to her. The look of dread quickly melted for one of happiness, she even exhaled and smiled when she looked at him. " Really?! " Something so simple to ordinary people had meant a lot to a witch that really hadn't had the chance to experience anything like this in the sort.

And then she felt silly, still looking at him even when cheeks had gone a little red. So Tina may have been just a little excited. So what. A nervous laugh slipped past her lips when she did finally look away despite hand still holding his. " I'm so happy to hear that! " Another understatement, but at least she got that halfway out there. A smile lingering on her lips still even when she shook her head a little to get some hair that had fallen into her face away. As it were, she couldn't drop the blanket she held and by no means did she want to release his hand for such a petty reason!

There really wasn't much to make the night better, from the fireworks to a makeshift picnic under the stars, to a walk, to even having it confirmed to her that she was dating someone she never imagined would have interest in her? While she still couldn't come to terms with being trapped in Storybrooke, some things, like the night's events had certainly made it almost acceptable that she was there without wishing to be.

Ria
PMEmail
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 06:41 PM

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

A perfect night for romance.

There were feelings, so many feelings. None of which seemed to be able to find a way into an expression of words. Thankfully, though, it seemed Tina was suffering from much of the same problem, even if she had managed to voice a little more than he. At their respective ages, maybe, just maybe they shouldn't feel the way they did (not that he could speak for Tina but he was rather sure she felt at least similar to him!) but there was something scary about voicing it. Of course, there had been feelings from the beginning. He wasn't going to deny that even if she did arrest him, oh and she had also slammed him into a wall, if he remembered correctly! Still something had been there.

Admitting it, now, in this place, after the drama of the evening just seemed... honestly he didn't have words for that either. Although the pain and surprise at the start of it, was little more than a distant memory. If he didn't know any better, he'd question if he hadn't fallen asleep while watching the fireworks and this was little more than a dream now. As tempted as Newt was to pinch himself (as that's what his mother always said about dreams and nightmares, the like), that would have required him to release her hand and that wasn't something he was willing to do either. If it turned out to be a dream, then for now he was going to enjoy it. Even if he was nearly positive it wasn't.

"Great. Brilliant." Newt found himself saying at last, although they sounded just as silly as anything he had said before! So he had lost the ability to say anything worthy, his feet still worked. He really was a hopeless mess. As much as part of him wanted to debate on whether or not this whole labeling a relationship thing had been easier when he was a teen, honestly, he didn't want to think about the likes of her either. Not when he was in a perfect moment. If only he could talk, say something. Anything. Within reason.

Thus far all that came to mind was the mating habits of nifflers, odd facts about murtlaps... bowtruckles, nundus, runespoors, mokes and thunderbirds. Not a bit of it was relevant to the moment. Instead, his brain felt like it was grinding gears like a muggle car. It wasn't that he wasn't happy, in fact, he was beside himself! Conversation, hell, words had failed him. Perhaps after such an evening they had simply run dry. Newt looked to Tina again, his... girlfriend. Another nervous laugh at the mere thought, which either made him look insane or quite the fool! Whichever she found to be the case, one thing was certain, in his eyes anyway, he was dating Tina Goldstein and that was the most amazing thing in the world.

FIN
MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine