New Poll

Gotta Catch 'Em All, Tag;; Vanellope
Eli Wallace
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:59 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

20 years old / 90 posts

The only thing better than playing a video game at home, was playing a video game in a place specifically designed for people to do just that. There was really nothing better than a good, old fashioned video arcade. It was a shame they were so out of style now, what with home consoles and the fact that most video games nerds were introverted and didn’t WANT to spend time with one another. He, however, was not one such person. Okay, maybe he used to be, but then he got stuck on a space ship with a small group of people for a year and had to work with them to survive.

Now he was kind of used to having people around him all the time. To talking to others and doing things with them. He had needed to back then, now he just… wanted to.

So it was great that Storybrooke had an arcade. He hadn’t gone a week without visiting the place at least once, spending all his hard-earned quarters there whenever he did. Too bad he wasn’t better at the games, or he might have had his name in the top spot of more of them. As it stood, he only had the top ranking in a couple of games, mostly the ones that had the gun attachments.

Something else he had probably gotten good at because of his time on the Destiny. He would have to remind himself to bring Chloe there sometime- she would have a lot of fun! And that was something they both needed more of after everything they had been through.

Just some fun.

Today, though, he didn’t have anyone with him, and had just come to play some games on his own. Once again, he found himself in front of one of the many various crane machines lining the back of the arcade, beckoning foolish mortals to waste their money trying to grab a plushie hardly worth the price they would pay for their ambitions. But it wasn’t the money that was important- it was the pride that came with being able to say you got the damn thing from a crane game.

So foolish Eli had been suckered into the same trap as so many others… again. Today, he was in front of a machine that gave out an assortment of colorful stuffed Pokemon figures. There was a small red lizard in there that he seemed to have his eyes on, and after slipping some coins into the machine, he was ready to give catching it a try.

He was fully focused on his prize- he wasn’t paying enough attention to the world around him.

Avril
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 07:53 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 119 posts

Having found that there was some kind of arcade inside of that town had not been one of her greatest pleasures. It felt mostly weird. She had walked around the arcade again and again, watching how people played, watching how they had so much fun while pushing the buttons, while slipping the coins into the machine... It made her felt odd. I mean, she had been one of those characters, one of the characters you could pick and play as, one of those which you could beat. She belonged inside of those machines, she belonged with all of those people, enclosed behind their walls... And she was sure that no one there knew they were alive. Or maybe they were aware of it, maybe they knew that the characters they were playing as were actually alive!. No, no, it was impossible.

I mean, characters did know they were inside of a video game, everyone knew that, but the ones who played the games, the people at the other side did not know anything about it. How would they know? Nope, it was impossible. Anyhow, it still felt weird, to see it from the other side, to see it from the players side. But at the same time it also made her feel way more connected with them. I mean- characters and players were connected, in a weird way, but they were, so being there, watching things how they watched them... Made her feel odd, but- good? She didn't even know how to explain it, it was just an strange feeling which was running down her spine every time she saw someone playing.

Vanellope was currently walking among players, her eyebrows raising while observing the games they were playing. She didn't know them, at all. Mostly because of her not being able to leave her own game. I mean, she was sure that if anyone from Ralph's game or even her own game were there, they would know all those games, but she didn't, because she had never left Sugar Rush. No, glitches couldn't leave their games, everyone knew that. And King Candy made her a glitch, he made her like that, he was the one who ruined her life, to begin with. But that didn't matter at that time, did it? Turbo wasn't there, he was dead... Hopefully.

Van continued wandering around, a soft smile on her pale face. Though she stopped her path and placed herself behind an unknown boy, her brows raising when seeing what game was he playing. Was he trying to catch a stuffed animal? And why were those animals so weird?.

"What are those things?" she suddenly asked, not caring if the boy was in his full concentration mode. She was just curious.

Eli Wallace

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Eli Wallace
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 10:37 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

20 years old / 90 posts

Eli was tense, staring at the machine as though it would somehow give way under the pressure of his stare. Any closer, and he might have been pressed against the glass itself, though that probably wouldn’t have helped him in his endeavor to get the toy in the bin. He had the crane positioned over the Charmander doll, and was ready to finally try and grab it. Just... A little more to the left. No! Too much! Back to the right! Ahh! It needed to be slightly higher up to grab the Charmander at the best position. The way that would keep it from falling out of the hook’s weak, flimsy grasp.

He just about had it when suddenly, a voice sounded from behind him, completely shattering his concentration. With a yelp, he straightened up immediately, his finger twitching over the button on the joystick that made the crane reach for the prizes below. He accidentally pressed the button in his surprised, and much to his horror could only watch as the crane, now jerked heavily away from the Charmander due to his scare, descended into the pit of toys.

“Oh no!” He gasped, looking over his shoulder at the young woman who had interrupted him. “Oh! It’s, uh, these are Pokemon! They’re.... Toys from these creatures in a video game! And I was... Uh... Trying to get one, but, it didn’t really work out well for me.” He laughed lightly, by no means blaming the blunder on the stranger. She hadn’t meant it, after all, and he wasn’t the kind of person to get angry over something as simple as a mistake.

It was only one wasted dollar, anyway.

Looking back at the machine, he was surprised to see the crane, while not having secured a Charmander, was actually holding onto another toy- a yellow bunny-like creature known as Pikachu. He watched as the crane released the toy down the tunnel, before reaching down and plucking it out of the bin.

“Hey! Look at that- you’re good at this. You scared me into winning one of these anyway,” he laughed, before offering it to her, “but it’s not the one I want so... You want it? Oh! I’m Eli, by the way!”

Vanellope Von Schweetz
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 08:55 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 119 posts

Okay, let's say that decentralize the poor boy who had been trying to catch one of those strange looking stuffed animals had not been precisely her intention, but it's not like she was gonna ask for forgiveness. If he had been in full concentration mode, he surely would have blocked any noise that was not his own heart beating, so she opted for murmuring a: "You've missed," words that even dragged a little mock with them. She knew that she should have apologized, because really she had not wanted to make him lose his chance to get whatever he wanted, but apologising was not in her code, and she would not include it now.

"Pokemon? I've heard of them. Isn't there a phone game that basically consists on trying to catch them? It sounds like nonsense. Why would you want to catch some weird looking bugs or whatever they are? Although I must admit that the toys are pretty cool - something good it had to have" she had heard good criticism about Pokemon, but in her opinion it had no action. She knew that the game included battles and other activities, and when battles were something that it could be of her interest, she still wasn't really convinced by the game. Although who knows, perhaps one day she dared to play it and ended up hooked, the world could be so ironic.

Although look at that, it looked like the world was on the boy's side, because he had managed to catch one of those animals. One yellow with black stripes... Vanellope crossed her arms, unable to believe it. What kind of animal was that anyway? At his words, the girl smiled, and perhaps a polite person would have responded with 'oh no, you've managed to capture this stuffed animal, so you should stay with it, after all you have paid for this' but Vanellope simply nodded and accepted it, and immediately hugged it. She loved stuffed animals, even if she had never played the game before. "Thank you. Maybe I should try to play, if I'm so good at it, perhaps I could get you the one you wanted?" of course it's not like she wanted to spend her money on something for him, but she had to be nice. "Eli... funny name. Vanellope Von Schweetz, at your service".

Eli Wallace

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Eli Wallace
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 01:20 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

20 years old / 90 posts

Eli let out a laugh. It seemed his new acquaintance was not super into the whole pokemon scene. Then again, he supposed that made sense: most people considered it nerdy even before coming to a cursed town where people were from entirely different WORLDS. Of course people weren't super interested in the most recent trends of the current Land Without Magic! But then, he wasn't really bothered that she didn't seem to like it- he would still enjoy it with or without her approval, and if he could perhaps convert to the ways of the Pokemon, then it would be a win for the both of them.

It was a challenge, really.

"Well, I guess it's nonsense, but that's what it's supposed to be," Eli hummed thoughtfully, considering things for a moment, "I mean, it's just a game, right? Games aren't really supposed to be anything other than nonsense. In that regard, it's doing exactly what it ought to be doing!" He grinned, pleased with himself, though didn't press the matter too much.

It was hardly worth fight about- it was only a game! "People just like to collect things, I guess? I don't know. There's something weirdly fun about adding to your collection and watching it grow. And I'll pick Pokemon in a phone game over stamps or coffee mugs any day!" He shrugged his shoulders in a good-natured way, letting the conversation roll on as he worked to get his prize. She was still hanging nearby, and hadn't scoffed and shot off once he started talking, so he thought he was doing a pretty good job at potentially making a new friend.

Even if they already had something they didn't quite agree on.

He watched her hug the stuffed animal and felt his heart soar for a moment. Yay! She seemed to like it! It had been so long since he'd really made any friends, it was always nice to see things moving in that direction. Of course, he still had to make sure he didn't mess things up. With his lack of experience and previously loner lifestyle, it was still entirely possible things could go horribly wrong. But, hey, at least she liked the Pikachu.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'd be happy to see you try! I think this one is rigged- it only lets you have one if you're worthy, or have spent a ton of money," he chuckled lightly, stepping aside to give her a shot at the crane machine. Still, he took out some money, paying it into the machine for her so she could have a go and it would still technically be on his dime. He had brought the money there specifically to spend in the arcade, so why not? "nice to meet you, uh, Vanellope! I guess we both have kind of funny names, though at least yours sounds nice." He smiled, motioning broadly for her to approach the machine.
Vanellope Von Schweetz
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:38 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 119 posts

Vanellope could not help but frown at his words. Were the games made to be foolish? That was definitely not the purpose of many of the games she had encountered. Okay, maybe hunting down nonexistent creatures with your cell phone was foolish and truly useless, but neither would she deign to call it a nonsense. It sounded pretty... bad. I don't know, as if he were underestimating them, as if he was making them less important, by calling them nonsense! it seemed cruel. "Well, I can't say I agree with that. Games are much more that what they seem, you just don't see it" what would the players know? They were not even aware that the characters belonging to all their favorite video games were alive. "Wait, are there really people who collect coffee mugs? Weirdos" what kind of boring, old-fashioned person would collect coffee mugs or stamps? Oh definitely not someone she'll deign to talk to or even be friends with. Vanellope particularly didn't collect anything, so she couldn't tell if it was fun or just a myth, but she definitely wanted to test it. Maybe she would being to collect candy wrappers... although in a way you could say that she already did, because her garage was full of them. She should do a thorough cleaning.

The young woman bowed both eyebrows before his words, apparently indicating that the machine only let you win if you spent a lot of money. Uh, well, she assumed that's how they worked. That wasn't a video game, just a way to get your money easily. She couldn't say she had experience with... none of that, but it didn't seem so hard either. Push a coin in, use the joystick to operate the lock picker or hook or whatever it was, and put it in the outlet box. Easy. But of course, there should be some hidden trick, if so many people couldn't get the stuffed animal they had wanted from the beginning... Her smile just widened when she saw that the boy was paying. Oh, a real gentleman, after all. "Thank you, yours isn't so bad either, it could be worse. Imagine being called Admiral Body Odour" she laughed after her own words, shaking her head and approached the machine. Come on, she could do this. She had won races that seemed impossible to win, she had defeated Turbo or King Candy or whatever his name was, she could get a stupid stuffed animal... Van stared at the machine for a few seconds, nibbling on her lower lip thoughtfully. And with a smirk, well, she tried her luck.

Moving the joystick, her eyes concentrated on one of the stuffed animals that caught her attention. Oh, the boy never told her which one had caught his attention from the beginning... It was slightly difficult to keep a firm grip on the joystick when she was holding the yellow animal under her armpit, but hey, she would have to hold on, she liked to have it with her. Her blue orbs were fixed on a red dragon (lizard?), one of the animals that looked technically real, and placing the hook on top of the stuffed animal... well, she was close to grabbing it. Vanellope took a deep breath, and with gentle movements (well, not so gentle, let's be honest), she did it. The hook snagged around the tail of the animal, and... it slid through the small tunnel. The young woman bent down to pull it out of the bin, and with a smug smile, offered the dragon to the boy. "No idea if this is the one you wanted, but it's definitely one of the most adorable-looking ones" Who wouldn't want to have a lizard, anyway?.

Eli Wallace <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine