New Poll

Helping Hands Will Do, Tag: Rory Gilmore
Tc Callahan
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 07:36 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

“Well it doesn’t look like anything’s broken,” TC informed his patient after examining the ankle. He straightened up in his seat and straightened the stethoscope around his neck. “But, I’m not an x-ray machine so you will have to go have a couple of those before the final diagnosis can be given. How’s that sound?”

TC Callahan’s left his seat and went to his patient’s side. He offered a hand so as to assist in getting to the wheelchair. “I hope you don’t mind a little ride in the chair. I won’t take the turns too quick,” he joked, while undoing the blood pressure cuff from around the arm and unclipping the pulse ox from the finger. Both items were tossed onto the little metal bedside table. “So, how exactly did you have this accident? Tripping on a rug? Did you say you were in the kitchen, cooking?”

He hoped those questions were not too personal. He was just trying to get the story straight so as to make the proper notes in the chat. He was known for many things and detailed chart notes was one of those things he was known for. It was important. A muddled description could lead to the wrong treatment. That was never a good thing.

“Most people love my driving though. I’m a great driver, so don’t worry,” he continued, standing there and waiting for his patient to stand up. “I know all the secrets to make the drive smooth as a baby’s behind.”

Rory Gilmore

PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 01:56 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

26 years old / 124 posts

Until an hour ago, Rory Gilmore had truly believed that today was going to be a perfect day. The brunette had woken up early, full of energy and with a smile on her lips as she sipped her morning coffee. Work had been wonderful, she had been inspired in her writing and her boss had even let her leave her the office a couple of hours sooner than what she was supposed to leave. On the way home she had decided to give Jess a surprise preparing something more special for dinner, to have a perfect ending for a perfect day and of course, her luck ran out little after setting a foot on the kitchen. Long story short, she had ended calling a friend so that she could drive her to the ER after ending up in the floor due to the fact that she had paid more attention to the recipe book than to where she was walking. The youngest Gilmore was convinced of that she could score with that one, the price for the dorkiest fall in the universe.

Rory sighed relieved once the doctor informed of that likely there was nothing broken, she still remembered how annoying had been to wear a cast back when she had been in a car accident as a teen “Sounds great” said the brunette smiling friendly at him, at the least the doctor was nice which made things better despite of the fact that she had never been really fond of hospitals.

Rory chuckled at the joke “Well then besides your doctor skills I guess that I will also trust your wheelchair driving ones” said the brunette. A blush appeared as she tried to explain the accident “I paid more attention to the recipe book than to the stuff surrounding me which is not a good thing to do considering how accident prone I am in the kitchen. I just wanted to do something nice for someone and for once not trigger the fire alarm or burn the dinner in the attempt” she said, speaking a bit too fast and rambling a little before realizing that likely she had given the doctor more information than the one that he needed “sorry for the rambling, to sum up the cause of the accident was just my apparent inability to walk on a plain surface without falling if I am not paying attention”

Rory stood up carefully, wincing a little as she tried to maneuver without putting a lot of weight in the injured ankle “I am sure of it, as a doctor I guess that you will have lot of experience moving around that” she said gesturing towards the wheelchair.

Tc Callahan

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tc Callahan
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 01:45 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

TC looked over his notes already written down. There were a few blank spots. “Are you allergic to anything?” he asked. Giving a patient antifalaxisis was about the last thing he’d want to give to a patient. She would need a prescription for a pain medicine along with an anti-inflammatory medicine to help the ankle heal up and he did not want to give her something that would make her situation worse. His brother Thad had been deathly allergic to ibuprophen and that had been the only medicine in TC’s pack at the time of the ambush. TC couldn’t have even dulled a little of Thad’s pain in his last minutes of life. I am so sorry, Thad. I’m so sorry, he thought. Fingers wrapping around the IV pole tighter and tighter, his knuckles paled. Fingers wrapped so far around, they dug into his palm. Releasing it, TC shook his hand out. “Also, do you know your height and weight? I know it’s not proper for me to ask a lady that question, but it’s important. Too much medicine is dangerous and too little won’t help you heal up right.”

“Great! You’ll just need three x-rays and you’ll be good to go. I’ll be writing you a referral to an orthopedics. You’ll need to have a follow up in about six weeks. If it’s not feeling better before then, you can always come back here. Likely, I’ll be on call,” he explained. “When you’re resting, keep it propped up and ice it. I’ll be writing you a prescription for crutches. Use them for at least two weeks, but keep that ankle wrapped a full six weeks.” That was a lot of information to take in. “Don’t worry, it’ll be written down.”

He smirked. She liked his charm. Not that he was interested in dating her. He just liked charming people. Making a patient laugh relaxed them and it made treating them much easier. “Ah, walking and reading, it’s an unfortunate medical crisis that is not widely reported. It’s there, though,” he replied, writing down the most pertinent bits of her accident. “I have even fallen victim to the catastrophe myself. Long ago I decided to impress someone with some cooking skills, which I don’t possess unless it’s making tacos. I was chopping potatoes in my bare palm. I, uh, stabbed my hand while checking on the marinara sauce. I turned off the stove and went to the ER. You’d think an ER doctor could walk and cut at the same time. Not so much, eh?” Holding up his hand, he showed her the scar running down the middle of his hand.

TC put the chart in the pocket on the back of the wheelchair. He grabbed his patient’s shoulder and guided her into the seat. Then he made his way down the hall. “Yeah, I do. I’ve been a doctor for quite awhile. Plus, I’ve got a motorcycle. I never crashed it,” he assured her. “I steered a few jeeps through the Afghanistan desert while dodging gunfire.”

Rory Gilmore
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 03:15 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

26 years old / 124 posts

“Nope no allergies” said Rory with a smile” and uhh I know my height, it’s 5 ft 7 but it has been ages since I measured my weight; I think that it must be around 119 pounds? I wish that I could be more useful with that, sorry”. Rory didn’t even know if she owned an scale, the last time that she had used one was to weight her luggage before taking a flight to California for a matter related to her work.

Rory let out a relieved sigh, while this doctor was being quite nice she still didn’t feel especially comfortable in hospitals. They reminded her to some bad times spent in them, like when her grandfather had ended up in emergencies because of his heart problems. “Thanks for everything doctor” said the youngest Gilmore with a grateful smile. Knowing her clumsiness she would need to be careful in order to not fall again thus making the problem worse; luckily her job involved mostly sitting in front of a computer while typing and she could always call a co-worker to drive her to the office until she recovered. Besides she had most of the deadlines in the near future covered which meant that she could take it a little bit easier in the beginning.

Rory grin widened as he told her his story, maybe it was stupid but knowing that she wasn’t the only one that had suffered an accident in the kitchen made her feel less clumsy about it. “It was the same for me, I was trying to impress my boyfriend; I should have known better than to even attempt anything. Oh well, he is better in the kitchen than me anyways” said the brunette with a chuckle “At the least you got far enough in order to start the sauce, I didn’t even have time to start the dish. Next time I will stick to order take-out and prepare myself to watch almost famous for the 10th time” added the brunette as she looked at the scar.

“That sounds impressive and dangerous; I remember that back when I was in the university I wanted to become an overseas correspondent, to be in the middle of everything, to be Christiane Amampour” eventually her priorities had changed and she had decided that a position like the one that she had in Storybrooke suited her more.

Tc Callahan

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tc Callahan
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 09:56 AM

N/A

Land Without Magic

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

Dr. Callahan gave a bit of a smile as he wrote the responses on the paper in his hand. He would enter the notes into the computer later in the day. “Ah, that’s good. You’re lucky. Most have at least one allergy. I can’t do antihistamines or strawberries to save my soul,” he replied. “And don’t worry. You gave me plenty of information. As long as you’re not wildly off on the weight, an estimate is fine. There’s a big range for dosing.”

Granted, being a doctor was often a thankless profession – it was long hours that involved losses and annoyed patients with family members (who could grow violent or loud) – and often he did not hear any thanks. The words were never expected, but always appreciated. He nodded at her appreciation comment. “I appreciate the thanks, but there isn’t a need. I’m just doing my job. Heal the sick and injured… not that you’re sick or anything and you definitely will not be staying overnight. That’s good news, eh? Unless booking a room and the night sounds like a good idea to you. You can do that, if you really want to. Hospital food is pretty good and the beds are comfortable,” TC assured her. The suggestion was a joke, of course. He hoped she noticed the bit of humor to his tone.

“Ah, the things we do for love, eh? It brings out our most charming and most foolish selves. Like your boyfriend, she was much better in the kitchen than me,” he explained. “Well you will be going home in a little while. Perhaps you can get further than me and make a full meal? Just be sure not to do something to bring yourself back here and you’ll be fine although an evening with take out and Almost Famous probably would be just as lovely, granted I’ve never seen the movie. Maybe it’s as rubbish as the Jem remake. Do not ever see that. That… is a bad movie. Only lovers of bad films should willingly watch it. Or you can just forget what I just said and do what you will. I’m not a relationship coach by a long shot.”

He shrugged. “Impressive, hardly. It’s hot and sweaty work. It’s cramped. There’s a dangerously low amount of supplies at all times. You have to improvise. But dangerous? It could be,” TC explained as he rolled her down the hallway. “Oh really? The reporters were usually some great allies. It’s a good job. It’s a hard job. But I bet you could take it. Don’t ever give up on dreams… or love. Both things are pretty good things to have in life.”

Rory Gilmore
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 02:44 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

26 years old / 124 posts

“The offer sounds tempting but I think that I prefer my own bed, besides my books are back at home and they would totally miss me if I spent the night so far away from them” she said returning the joke. She had to admit that this doctor was being quite great, he was even managing to keep herself distracted from the nervousness that she always felt whenever she was in a hospital. A lot of the times that she had been in the hospital it had been for moments that had made her feel really stressed like her grandfather’s heart problems, when she had been left alone with Sherry and of course Jess’ accident so any time she got anywhere close to an hospital she could feel nervousness stirring in her mind.

“Well I don’t think that I can be charming but definitively love brings out something special in everybody, in my case a totally unjustified optimism towards my cooking skills apparently” said Rory with a chuckle “I hope that at the least she was impressed by your attempt at cooking”. Rory knew that she would likely have time to give cooking another shot before Jess arrived but honestly the takeout idea seemed more appealing “The movie is very bad but he loves it and, well you know; if it makes him happy it makes me happy” because even if she protested whenever he mentioned the idea of watching it she didn’t mind it that much, besides she knew that for sure he watched things that he didn’t like for her. “I think that pizza sounds like a great idea, yep pizza and the film; I have the plan for the night”

The youngest Gilmore listened to his description which matched to some extent what she had imagined that the life as an overseas journalist would be “I know that I would be able to take it but my priorities have changed; the idea of working in that field is appealing but it wouldn’t be worth if compared with how much I would miss the people that I care about. I mean sure I won’t win the Pulitzer by working in Storybrooke’s newspaper but honestly? I would not trade my life right now for anything, I am happier than ever” she said with a soft smile

Tc Callahan

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tc Callahan
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:07 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

“Oh are you sure? You haven’t tried out our beds. They are quite comfortable. The food’s not too shabby either. We have the best mashed potatoes on the coast, or so I’ve heard,” TC retorted with a bit of a broader smile. “We’ve got a good selection of television channels, too, and showers that stay nice and warm for far longer anticipated. Storybrooke Memorial is practically a 5 star hotel.” Joking made things easier – for both the patient and the doctor. Patients seemed to feel better faster. Besides, jokes tended to make the whole experience a wee bit quicker and a little less painful. Jokes and joking was not something the professors taught med students. It was something doctors learned once they worked in hospitals and with actual patients – at least that’s how the moments worked for him.

“Everyone has a bit a charm in them. It’s an innate trait that comes out only at the right time. Now, some people just have it on more times than not. Love is a trigger of charm. It’s a very strong trigger. That charm makes us try the new and unusual. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t,” he remarked. He gave a shrug and wrinkled his nose in thought. “Not sure. She’s more of the cook. But she stayed around. She stayed a lot longer than I expected or deserved.” As she spoke of the movie, he smiled a little and sighed. She was in love – deep in love – and he wasn’t sure she was aware of how deep those feelings were. However, it wasn’t his place to point that out. “I don’t know anyone who dislikes pizza. I recommend the Rabbit Hole’s pizza. Granny’s is okay, but she does a better lasagna. I also recommend getting a movie you like and he doesn’t. Seems only fair.”

TC understood that notion all too well. Hs priorities, however, changed as often as the seasons. It wasn’t that he didn’t like to stick around and stick with his gut. It was that he always seemed to find new priorities. Besides, it seemed like he became an annoyance after awhile. Everyone seemed pleased he was following the winds into the great unknown. “You’re lucky to have people in your life who want you to stick away. Don’t take it for granted,” he said, “Now, hop on up there. I’ll help.” He nodded to the x-ray table as he extended a hand to assist her movements.

Rory Gilmore
PM
^
Rory Gilmore
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 01:58 PM

land of no magic

Land Without Magic

Chuckles is online

26 years old / 124 posts

A small smile appeared on her lips at the thought of mash potatoes, she had come to associate them with comfort food and with being sick since the only time when she really craved them was whenever she was sick “While it sounds like an amazing experience I think that I am going to stick with my house, but I will remember to ask for mash potatoes if I ever have to stay here” she joked back.

“Well then mine is still waiting for the appropriate moment to make an appearance” said the brunette with a chuckle, she had been called a lot of good things during her life: cute, intelligent, etc… but charming had never been one of them. “Although on the other hand you might be right, considering someone charming or not is a very subjective concept. What some might find charming, other people can find it annoying” like for example, all the girls in Chilton had considered Tristan Du Grey a charmer, yet until she got to see behind the image that he had built for himself, she had only thought that he was a pain. “If she stayed is because likely she saw in you something that made her want to stay” said Rory softly, because some people were worth some sacrifices, and in Rory’s opinion very little wasn’t worth being with a loved one. “I like all types of food minus vegetables, those I eat only from time to time and mainly because it seems that all the speeches about healthy food from Luke have stuck a little” not much, mind you, but enough to make her eat healthy food from time to time.

“Don’t worry I have learned to not take it for granted” she said thinking about when her mother didn’t have her memories “Thanks¡” she said as she moved with the help of the doctor.

Tc Callahan

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tc Callahan
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:11 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

TC grinned as he pushed her a bit little closer to the table. He bent and locked the wedge on the side of the wheels so that the chair would not roll out from under Rory. This (taking her patient to get an x-ray) was not technically his job. Generally the nurses were in charge of that. But he did not mind. He liked the patient interaction. “Ah, well I bet your home has a better channel line-up,” he replied. “This place has basic cable. Not a whole lot to watch.”

He shrugged. “Maybe or maybe not,” he remarked. “Sometimes charm comes out when you don’t realize it. You only see it when you look back and think about those times when you brought a smile to someone’s face or made them react as if you were the most vibrant being on the universe. Sometimes it’s just a look, a little smile or a roll of the eyes. It doesn’t have to be much.” He sighed. Jordan’s eye-roll and smile flashed into his mind. He missed that look. He missed how it made him feel.

“I don’t know why she stayed. Maybe my charming smile. Maybe my persistence. Or maybe guilt. Who would want to break up with a soldier just coming home from deployment? Or maybe she thought I could be fixed. I don’t know. I’m not Cupid,” he replied as the conversation shifted from relationships to food. “Try them with cheese. Cheese makes everything better. I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t make sure my patients knew the importance of eating five fruits and vegetables a day. Helps keep the bones strong, didn’t you know?”

He eased her onto the table and carefully positioned her ankle. “I’m sorry,” he apologized, knowing the positioning probably hurt a bit. “Now, stay still. You don’t have to smile for the camera, but you can if you want.” He moved around to the x-ray booth and shot the needed scans.”

Rory Gilmore
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine