New Poll

Help Wanted, tag Toothless/Katie
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 05:05 PM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 122 posts

Thomas was having quite a productive day, and that was a good thing since he had so much to do. Halloween had just ended, and he was in the process of marking all the Halloween themed items on discount so that he could make way for all the new stock for Christmas. After all, people probably didn't want to buy discounted Halloween things for Christmas presents. He also wanted to completely rearrange to store for the Christmas season and that was going to take lots of work. Oh was busy making new toys for Christmas, and Tinkerbell had all she could do just taking care of the selling and keeping things reasonably clean.

All in all, Thomas was beginning to realise over the last week that he was simply going to have to take on a new employee, with the town growing like it was with the portal situation, and more and more families having children which was making the toy sales go up, he was just becoming quite busy. As he went about moving some things around, the store was starting to turn even more cluttered than normal, since as it often went with reorganising, it sometimes got messier before it got cleaner. It suddenly dawned on Thomas that he had completely forgotten to put up the Help Wanted sign when he first walked into the store a couple of hours earlier. He rushed over to the counter, grabbed the sign and some tape, and went over to tape it up in the toy store window, a nice big sign that people would be able to read even if they were standing across the street.

Then Thomas went back to checking through some of the stock on the shelves near the front, he was trying to organise it all but he was rather failing miserably and at some point he ended up on the floor surrounded by a big pile of Halloween masks, stuffed rabbits and Frosty the Snowman toys...........

Toothless

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Toothless
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 10:53 AM

How To Train Your Dragon

Arendelle

Kitty is online

20 years old / 11 posts

Learning how to be a human was going very well for Toothless. He had mastered how to walk like a human, even run like one, though it had taken him a long time to be even halfway decent at it. It must have been fun for anyone who had been watching him learn how to do it, since he fell over more times than he could count. But he could walk now! That was all that mattered. He was even getting better at talking too! Cloudjumper had been teaching how to do it, and he had really needed it. In his dragon form he could perfectly understand what humans said to him, but since he had never spoken before, he had no idea how it worked. His speech pattern wasn't perfect, but it was far better than it had been when he first met Cloudjumper in Storybrooke.

Storybrooke was a very strange place, really. Nothing like Berk, in any way. The forest was nice, Toothless liked to run around and play there, but the town was like nothing he had seen before. The houses were different from the ones he had seen on Berk, the roads were weird, the strange metal things driving around on the roads were even weirder. Cloudjumper had explained how everything in town worked and how all of them could be of use to Toothless, but he was still finding it hard to get used to all those strange things.

He had been living with Cloudjumper for a while now, and Cloudjumper had slowly been teaching him how to both talk and read, since they seemed to blend together once Toothless had asked Cloudjumper what a book was. He sometimes got a bit too excited about all the new things, so when he learned what exactly a book was, he instantly wanted to learn how to read as well. It came in handy too, since that was what led him to The Little Hop Of Wonders.

He had just been walking down the street, reading all the signs he could find, trying to say them all out loud. and when he saw the help wanted sign in the window, he got curious. Then he saw what the shop was called and he got even more curious, wonders sounded like something he might like. So, he made his way across the street and into the shop with an excited smile on his face, wondering what it would be like inside. And he wasn't disappointed, there were toys all over the place and Toothless couldn't help but run over to a shelf where a stuffed toy sheep was sitting and pick it up, smiling widely as he looked it over. This was an amazing place!

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:57 AM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 122 posts

Thomas heard the jingle of the door but didn't look up right away, he was currently in one of the rows further back with a big pile of various stuffed toy bears on top of his lap. Panda bears, koala bears, grizzly bears, polar bears, etc, etc, etc. After a couple of minutes he finally got himself out from under the pile and popped up, his head darting left and right to see where the newcomer had landed after entering the toy store. Thomas always greeted customers warmly and energetically, for him every day was an adventure. New toys to create, toys to sell, customers to make happy and meet. Life was good and Thomas couldn't imagine being much happier with his life. His eyes rested on the young man who had entered and Thomas started to walk in that direction, as he got close he started speaking, his voice upbeat and quite enthusiastic.

"Well hello wonderful person I have yet to meet, and welcome to my lovely corner of Storybrooke. I sell all sorts of toys and anything you don't see but want I can either figure out a way to make or order. I see you like sheep, sheep are quite a lovely animal, I'm partial to rabbits myself, but well I have reasons to be biased on that front. Do you need help finding anything, or maybe everything if you're just browsing and there is so much to see." He smiled and paused for a breath, as he'd nearly talked himself blue, but he was in quite a good mood as always and loved meeting new people, it just invigorated him.

"My name's Thomas, Thomas O'Hare. I came with the first curse, so I got a spiffy name. I didn't really have a name before, most people just called me Velveteen back in the forest. Do you have a name?" He smiled happily and didn't seem to care that bits of his store were a bit cluttered in the process of cleaning, he was just happy to meet someone new and talk about toys.

Toothless

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Toothless
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 03:06 PM

How To Train Your Dragon

Arendelle

Kitty is online

20 years old / 11 posts

The shop seemed magnificent to Toothless, and he could easily imagine himself working there, even though he had no idea what exactly working there would entail. He also imagined that he could easily get lost for hours on end in the shop, finding many new toys he would find amazing and get lost in. He didn't know much about toys, since he had never really had any before. Dragons weren't really known for playing with toys, at least not such fragile toys, or in very peaceful ways. Any toy Hiccup had given Toothless had always ended up rather burned, because when he played he wasn't always so careful with his fire. At least, since he wasn't able to transform into his dragon form, he wouldn't be able to burn any of the things in this shop.

The reason Toothless had been drawn to the sheep toy he was now holding, was because it reminded him of dragon racing. He missed it so much, playing this game with both his human and dragon friends. He wondered if he would ever be able to play that again, or if he would ever see Hiccup, or any of the others, again. The thought that he might not made him very sad, but he didn't get to hold onto that sadness for long. Because, suddenly, the owner of the shop showed up and started talking to him. Oh my, that was a lot of words to use all at once. Toothless, who had just learned how to talk, got a very surprised look on his face, as he wondered what he should reply to first, or if he needed to reply to all of it.

"Hello." He stuttered out slowly, as he put the sheep back on the shelf. He had come in there to ask for a job, but he didn't know how to do that, exactly. He'd never had a job before, and he'd certainly never asked for one before. So, instead of trying to stutter out what he wanted to ask, he hurried over to the window to get the sign Thomas had put in the window, then he hurried back to Thomas. "You need help? I can help you?" He got out as he pointed between Thomas, the sign and himself, hoping that Thomas would understand him just a little bit. "I'm Toothless." He told him slowly, still stuttering quite a bit, and he felt quite bad about it, but he hoped that he would get better at talking soon.

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine