It's My (Heart) In A Box [PAST], Tag: Cora
Will Scarlet
 Posted: Jan 9 2017, 05:21 PM

OUATW / Robin Hood

Enchanted Forest

faine is online

23 years old / 127 posts

Fucking A....

Will couldn't even complain, not really. It'd been his own bloody hellish fault that he was currently trudging through the castle, mind elsewhere yet feet compelled to pull him closer and closer to the throne room. That's what happened when one willingly handed over his heart, a warning to the unwise. Will didn't mind so much that he was completely powerless to stop whatever whim of an order she threw his way. If he had objected to such a thing, he wouldn't have given her the easy means to do so. No, what he minded was that apparently, the fine print said that Cora could call upon him so early in the morning when Will would have much rather stayed at the tavern and awoken to a big pile of eggs to try and cure his incurable hangover instead of embarking on whatever meaningless goose chase she was sure to have in store for him right now. Actually, scratch that. Will would take the goose chase, should it be literal.

He could go for a nicely roasted goose....

Glaring and scowling his way past the normal castle guards whom he didn't give two shits about, Will rounded the corner of the hallway only to see one of the Tweedles (which one, he couldn't say. Nor did he give a rat's arse to tell the difference) bounce by rather frantically. Fantastic. Honestly, all the supposed servants in this palace were completely incompetent. For a moment, Will could imagine the amused satisfaction Cora surely got when ordering their heads on the chopping block. Hell, he knew he'd get a kick out of it if his own head were constantly threatened to join them.

Pushing the doors to the throne chamber open, Will's eyes quickly flashed to the side before they found Cora seated at her throne. They were alone. Huh. Will wasn't entirely sure if this was a good thing or bad thing yet. Good, because he didn't have to worry about staying his tongue in front of those Cora deemed "important" (not that Will ever watched his mouth anyway, but still); bad, because this normally meant she had some super uber selectively secret job he wanted him to do. Which was about as fun as sarcasm allowed him to sound like some desolate dry dessert. Hearing his boots clack on what he assumed were newly polished floors, the Knave allowed a small smirk before he stood in front of her and asked rather satirically, "You called?"

ooc note: i'm so sorry this took so long! i hope it's okay!

cora mills

--------------------
user posted image
signature by me
PM
^
cora mills
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 12:57 PM

N/A

Wonderland

Alyssa is online

N/A years old / 12 posts

Today was perfect if she did say so herself, despite the fact that she had become a Queen in this realm after her daughter decided how brilliant it was to send her there. But alas her only goal was to make things better for herself not for anyone else. But as such she had taken up residence in this castle and therefore could do as she pleased when she saw fit.

Of course now there were other things she had in mind. She had taken someone's heart, which she had gotten very good at. Something that Rumpelstiltskin had once taught her. But, hearts were more trouble than they worth. She had come into this world, in this life for a reason. But of course there were things she had in mind.

She had of course gone through quite a lot. She had kept the hearts she had taken in her vault. And she wasn't afraid to use them as it were. The Queen of course sat in her royal throne room. She had plans for today. And she was willing to do what she had to, in order to manipulate those beneath her. Those that knew less. Betrayals were something she knew oh so well. She'd made knave whom he was. Will Scarlet.

Of course, it was nice to call upon the knave. He'd had no choice of course as she'd had his heart. And could call upon him at any given point but she made do with the fact that it was early morning. Of course, she didn't need servants in order to help her navigate the castle or to pinpoint where her 'enemies' would descend. She could not tolerate incompetence.

Of course, there was satisfaction in ordering for people's heads to be on the chopping block. But it was in the moment, important. She had done what was needed. She had power now. Sitting on her throne, she had done what was best for herself. Even if she hadn't been the best mother. After all that was why Regina had sent her away and why she'd left Zelena. She was alone in the throne room. There was no one else in the room with her, but she made it that way. She preferred orders like the one she had in mind, but that didn't mean she did not have it in her to dispose of those who stood in her way. Including the knave before her. Hearing his footprints descend into the throne room, she smirked. "You're late. But that is, not the point. I have a job for you." She said, with a regal tone. She was always happy when she was ordering someone around.

Will Scarlet
PM
^
Will Scarlet
 Posted: Jan 14 2017, 10:53 AM

OUATW / Robin Hood

Enchanted Forest

faine is online

23 years old / 127 posts

If a hint of a scowl appeared on Will's face, he would not deny it. Actually, he would have liked very much to point it out. It was one thing to be summoned so early in the gods-damned morning after a hearty drink or two at the local tavern the night before; another entirely to be accused of being late to a meeting he literally had no control over. If she wanted him there quicker, he thought with some dry amusement, perhaps she have ordered him to run. Not wanting to give her that very idea, he kept his mouth shut. Until, he formulated a snarky little remark and couldn't help himself. He was, after all, the Knave. "If you wanted someone punctual, you should have called for dear ol' White Rabbit," he uttered, his scowl slowly spreading a part to form his trademark lazy smirk.

A job. Bloody wonderful. Will glanced about the throne room again, as if making sure they truly were alone. When his sights caught that of an empty elaborate chair, he tore his eyes away from it and directed them back to Cora. How uncanny. He'd rather look Cora dead in the eye than see The Red Queen's empty chair. And not Cora, The Red Queen, but another whose name burned his throat like acid, hence why he never referred to her by the name he once knew. Then again, she was neither the woman he once knew either, so he thought it only appropriate.

Disliking the silence for a change, Will tapped his foot lightly against the mare floor and released a sigh. He had no qualms about hiding his displeasure from Cora. It wasn't like she was blind to it. "Jolly," he drawled out, stuffing his hands into his trouser pockets. Did he ever mention that he hated his new wardrobe? "And which poor bastard am I hunting down this time?" he asked. Because normally, the title of Knave was akin to "bounty hunter" for her royal highness.

cora mills

--------------------
user posted image
signature by me
PM
^
cora mills
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 12:20 PM

N/A

Wonderland

Alyssa is online

N/A years old / 12 posts

She wasn't stupid. She knew that the Knave had a knack of displeasing her in the past. He'd never hidden how much he scowled her way. Of course more than once she thought of executing him, but while the thought entertained her, she knew he was good at what he did. It wasn't her fault he had begun to drink so heavily the night before. He knew he'd had a job to do in the morning so it was his own fault for going to the tavern.

Perhaps she should have ordered the man to run. That alone would have been rather amusing in and of itself. "Oh and why would I do that? When I so easily could have your head on a platter?" The thought of his head on a platter was a good one. Anastasia, the Red Queen as it were, was not in sight at the moment and thankful for that. After all, it would only bring up the worst in the Knave, not the best. Her eyes lingered on Will's for the moment, thinking of how else she could torture the man.

There were plenty of ways in which she could do it. She honestly cared less about the man's displeasure at what she was asking him to do. She immediately told him whom he was to be targeting and when she expected it to be done. "Now don't disappoint me, Knave, or you might find yourself missing your head. Understand? You fail me and you might as well sign your own death certificate." She added the last bit so as to emphasize what she wanted and expected from him.

Will Scarlet
PM
^
Will Scarlet
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 08:06 PM

OUATW / Robin Hood

Enchanted Forest

faine is online

23 years old / 127 posts

The only reason Will gathered as to why Cora hadn't already killed him was because she knew as well as he did. Will didn't care if he died. That was the saddest irony of it all. Will Scarlet did not care for his own life. Why else would he have given his heart over to her willingly? No, his life was meaningless to him - he no longer had anything to live for. That was the only thing that spared his life, ironically enough. Because he knew Cora would have no enjoyment in taking away a life that simply didn't give two shits one way or another. So why kill him then, when she could make a soldier out of him? That must have been her mentality. It was the only logical explanation as to why she put up with his asinine nonsensicalness and plain disregard for her authority.

So upon being asked why she shouldn't just serve his head on a pretty little platter, Will had no answer. He'd honestly been wondering that himself, actually. The Knave offered her a bland shrug, then looked at her and said, "Go ahead." She already knew he didn't care. Frankly, it would be so much easier to just die. Part of him understood that wanting to do so was why he'd given his heart to her. He'd expected her to crush it, not to use it. Dying would be a blessing, compared to living with the pain he was left with. In that regard, go ahead, Cora. Kill him. Serve him up. You'd bloody well make his day.

Regardless, he did listen with some curiosity as she told him about his newest target. Admittedly, he couldn't care less about the guy. Apparently, he was a guard who had gotten too greedy and had tried to steal from her. A thief. Huh. The irony of Wonderland doesn't cease to amaze, surely. A thief hunting down another thief. Should be a good goose chase. It wasn't Will's first decision to ever take a life, but he knew where he stood. He literally could not disobey a direct order whispered into his heart and to his audience. That was how the whole "ripping out hearts" magic worked. So he would kill this man and he would slowly convince himself that he'd only done it because he was ordered to. As if that made anything better. "I can't possibly fail you, Highness," he replied with a lack of melody. Literally. He couldn't.

He refrained from asking her for the papers and ink in order to sign said certificate.

cora mills

--------------------
user posted image
signature by me
PM
^
cora mills
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 02:12 PM

N/A

Wonderland

Alyssa is online

N/A years old / 12 posts

It mattered not whether or not this particular bloke lived or died. She honestly could care less. It had mattered little just what she would make him do, because in the end, he'd never have what he wanted, the little Red Queen he had been so infatuated with all those years ago. She'd not cared what anyone else had to say. The only person she actually gave a damn about these days was her daughter. No one else was important, no one else mattered. And she didn't care if anyone else lived or died.

It was true that Will had given over his heart willingly. And therefore began the descent into darkness. Doing things she ordered him to do.The only reason that Will was still alive was that he had proved useful. The minute he stopped being useful was the day he would no longer be breathing. Even still she had to put up with his asinine nonsense.

It almost got him killed more than once, but alas she put up with it, because good soldiers were hard to find. Even with his utter disregard for her authority. She had his heart. She could easily crush it as it were.

Of course, killing was something she took with a grain of salt. She could have easily dispatched of the guard herself, by why bother when she had someone whom could do it for her? But alas, the ripping of his heart was something she had done for a reason. To keep him from his true happiness. And keep Anastasia from him. It was a beautiful idea of course.

Killing didn't change her. It didn't soften the heart if anything all it did was harden it. The heart was after all the biggest weakness of a person. After all love was weakness. Which was precisely why she didn't allow her own heart to be inside her. She'd hidden it, safely so no one would ever be able to locate it. She couldn't let anything or anyone stop her from her ultimate goals. Nothing would change that. She'd destroy anyone who was in her way.

Nothing would ever make her happier than making others miserable. "No you can't. And I expect it done before the end of the day, am I clear?" She smirked as she said so. She liked the idea of controlling others like this. It worked out wonderfully.

Will Scarlet
PM
^
Will Scarlet
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 05:37 PM

OUATW / Robin Hood

Enchanted Forest

faine is online

23 years old / 127 posts

"Now there's a time limit?" Will chirped out, unabashedly. Was he complaining? Hell yes! In his bloody deranged head, he deserved to do a little complaining here! Sure, his heart was in her control and thereby not in his body which technically meant it caused him "no pain" (Will was still unconvinced of the validity of this promise, mind, so he uses that phrase very loosely), but his head still felt like little drunken dwarves were dancing on his skull with clogs. He had a migraine, had been woken up at a god-awful hour to make the trek back into the castle against his will (which, again, he knew was all his fault, but shhhh! It gave him something else to complain about and he rather enjoyed complaining to Cora) and now he was going on a man hunt with a time limit? How fair was that? Granted, Will already knew Cora didn't do "fair" (clearly. Just ask her vault of assorted hearts and rivers of heads) but as he mentioned before, he did so enjoy complaining to Her Majesty.

Maybe he was subconsciously goading her to just end his life already. Huh. Did walking dead people usually have such a chipperness about them?

Will frowned - more like pouted but he'd be damned if he admitted that - and then just sighed. Rolling his eyes, he scratched at the back of his head. "Fine, fine. Clear as crystal. All I gotta say is that I better get employee of the month," he quipped. Sure. Goad the woman and also drop jokes onto her pretty marble floor. Why not? If Will were going to die, might as well make it the most gruesome way possible, right? Seemed logical.

xxx

Except, of course, that Cora failed to do even that. Nope. Will Scarlet was still very much alive and was now trudging back into the castle with a small sheepskin pouch full of a now-dead man's heart. She hadn't really specified this time around, but Will was aware that Cora collected such things for her dark magic. Either that or she had one hell of a fetish. So he just sort of started the habit of bringing them without being told. Saved him the trouble of being bitched at. Five hours ago, that heart had been pumping. Now it was a small trophy in Will's pack. The sword at the Knave's side was sheathed and somewhat clean - as clean as he could on the field. Once he was excused for the day, he'd tend to it properly. Or just steal another one. Whichever came first.

"One ex-guard executed!" Will announced rather gallantly as he thrust open the throne room doors. Because, again again, annoying Cora was fun. Unless she shrugged off his antics. Then, it wasn't so fun. "Did'ja miss me?" Will asked playfully, throwing up his most winsome, crooked grin. The answer to that was "no" of course, but it was still worth asking.

ooc note: i figured a time skip would move this thread along. let me know if you want me to change anything!

cora mills

--------------------
user posted image
signature by me
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine