Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

This is my temporary home
Ingrid
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 12:40 PM

The Snow Queen/Frozen

Arendelle

Jessica is online

47 years old / 72 posts

the funny thing about time -
WE ROMANTICISE THE GOOD AND FORGET THE BAD
Ingrid was too busy to really notice what Neal was doing, until she recognised him as Rumplestiltskin’s son. Now she was looking at him with something like horror, mixed in with sheer confusion and shock. Someone from her land? Here? He looked so normal. They could be anyone, she realised. Anyone at all - anyone she met - could be from her land. How did she know she wasn’t surrounded? Paranoia leapt at her like a wild animal.

But it wasn’t paranoia if you were right, was it? And by God was she right. People were after her - no, not people. A sorcerer. A wizard. Someone powerful enough to cause harm to herself, or even to her beloved Elsa. Inside she was kicking herself. Why had she gone with the Sorcerer’s Apprentice without even thinking about Rumplestiltskin? Why hadn’t she done something about him then?

And more importantly why wasn’t she being jumped on right now and dragged back to their realm to face Rumplestiltskin personally? This seemed far too convoluted to just be about her. Even the blank look he was giving her seemed off. "Don’t," she said quickly to his puzzled expression, all the same. "Just don’t say it."

But he just seemed more confused than she did, and she saw her own confusion mirrored back at her. She didn’t feel like she had to back away, like she had to put distance between them - or even like she had to run away. There was nothing to….to run away from. And then with his words everything grew suddenly more confusing than it had been already. Ingrid frowned. "He left you?"

It was a surprise to the Snow Queen that he’d even had children. She’d just seen him as some singular wizard - without any sort of family, or friends, or even anything related to a personal life. She had a personal life, of course, but she wasn’t a villain - or a wizard, or anything inbetween. She was just Ingrid. But Rumplestiltskin? He was so very different to her…or so she felt happy to keep insisting. It felt better to keep other magical people at bay in case she became anything like them, in case their magic was catching. Magic had only been to her a source of discomfort and worry and fear.

But with him it was like wondering about what teachers did in their free time, or what any number of the faces she took for granted around her did as she went around the shops or did any of her usual chores. Even more so, really, because of his skin, because of the otherworldliness of him. Someone had to find that attractive she supposed, but really? In practise and not just in theory? Having a son seemed far too normal for someone like Rumplestiltskin. Maybe it was more normal of the wizard to dump his child.

Ingrid hesitated, though, as the boy told his story and sank down onto the floor. It seemed callous to go on about her own business and keep asking about herself - or to demand him to let her go. How she could say that about someone who had to be after her she didn’t know, but whatever this was it wasn’t a hostage situation at all. If anything it was the very opposite. He looked so defeated in that single gesture, like he was the one caught instead of her. Ingrid’s reaction was a bit slower than she intended but she came up to him, kneeling down at his side. Something in her still expected him to leap up at her, to just do something, but he...he didn’t. "Your deal?" she echoed. "What was your deal?"

So he didn’t know Neal was here. Maybe it really was insensitive but Ingrid couldn’t help but feel a rush of relief. Thank God. Thank God, because she couldn’t leave. Not right now. But Neal looked so sad, so broken. Her features rearranged themselves and she looked to him earnestly. Fear still coiled in her stomach but she'd seen enough foster children to know this couldn't possibly be acting.

ADD.: Neal Cassidy | WORDS: 688 | NOTES:

--------------------
user posted image
Wonderful graphics by Bach!
PMAIM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:06 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

32 years old / 1279 posts

Neal wasn't really paying all that much attention to Ingrid at this point, since his memories were going back to his father, and, it was painful and confusing enough inside his head. The poor kid had finally started to get over that part of his life, when suddenly this one moment had caused everything to come back to the surface. It was all a blur right now, and, he found himself sitting down for a moment, as he hugged his knees close to his chest.

Starting to back into a corner, Neal just folded his arms in front of his chest as he looked down at his feet, starting to close himself off again. Despite all of that, he still just chose to focus on her more then the memories that were coming back to him. Neal nodded gently at Ingrid's question. “Yeah he did.”

That was still something that Neal couldn't believe. The man had actually left his son behind for the power of a stupid dagger. Neal had just wanted to be with the only family he had, but, he was a coward and let him go just because he couldn't bare to be normal again. To be human. In some way it was a nice thing, because here he wasn't the son of the Dark One. He was just some unknown foster kid. But, maybe this was the first foster parent that actually seemed to learn about what his father looked like.

He was sure he was never mentioned about to anyone back in the Forest anymore. Since why would he talk about the son that he didn't want? And, it would ruin the image of the all powerful Dark One. A dangerous man who you didn't want to cross. So a kid may have seemed too human for that man, and, he had to get rid of him. But, then he wouldn't have made the deal. Or would he still have?

Neal finally gave up, and, just sank down to the ground. He knew that his walls were completely busted now, the feelings were coming to the surface all at once. He had completely blurred that Ingrid was still with him, because the memory that had haunted him that whole time on the island was coming to the surface. 'You coward you promised. You'll break our deal.' 'I have to.' 'PAPAAAAA!!! NOOOOOO.' Neal let out a soft sigh, and, blinked back the tears as he finally broke down. Hearing Ingrid talking again, Neal came out of those thoughts, and, just sniffled gently before looking up at her. Neal just nodded in response, before hearing her ask the next question. “We made a deal to start a new life together. Somewhere new. But, he backed out at the last minute, abandoned me, and, left me alone in a place I knew nothing about.”

While he knew that his story he had made up in this world, that was actually the whole truth without seeming like he was weird or belonged in a mental asylum. Neal just adjusted his hoodie around himself and kept hugging his legs, putting his head onto his knees trying to block all of this out.

tag: Ingrid

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Ingrid
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 02:51 PM

The Snow Queen/Frozen

Arendelle

Jessica is online

47 years old / 72 posts

Ingrid was just like a startled rabbit in the headlights for a moment, just watching him. But she couldn't freeze for long. She heard the patter of feet on the floorboards above them, shifts and movements from the children upstairs wondering what all the noise was about. Sure enough there was the creak of the stairs and she suddenly got up, quickly before all hell broke loose with the kids coming to find out more about the sobbing new arrival. She rushed to the door and pulled it closed with a bam. The sound was louder than she intended and she winced, but she was already hurrying back to Neal's side. At least now the other foster children wouldn't look in and point and stare. The fact was they were children, and that was both an excuse and an example. Maybe some of the younger children wouldn't mind, like Sophie, Ella and Leo - they'd be kind, Ingrid had no doubt - but Kevin would have a field day.

The thought did occur whether or not he deserved to be bullied and whether she should just let them, because of who his father was, because of what his father had done to her precious niece. The thought occurred. And it lingered, at the back of her mind.

But for the moment she sat back down next to him, watching him just sob. Good God. What had she unleashed? I forgot, didn't I? Forgot that he's just any other regular kid. A kid with an absolutely terrifying parent, but still a foster kid. She'd expected him to try to kidnap her or something and here he was just crying on her kitchen floor. Of course. He's a child. Those thoughts occurred, but they didn’t...register. Not as it should. It should’ve horrified her, but all she saw now was a way of getting information and, suddenly, her words sounded hollow. "Oh Neal, I'm - I'm sorry." After a moment of hesitation she went to shake his shoulder reassuringly, though it felt weak. "I didn't know..." He even had a son. "I didn't know he did that to you," she said, rephrasing diplomatically. Saying that Rumplestiltskin hadn't even bothered to remember his son - or so she felt, anyway; had there been anything in that fortress of his that really showed the fact he was grieving or even missing his son? Any of it? - would just make this situation two times worse. But he seemed far away, all of a sudden - like she couldn't reach him. He was remembering, and God - the ex-Princess knew about that.

But beyond the guilt of pushing him over the edge she had to try again, in a bid to find out more. She had to, and something harder came into her tone. Enough of this. Ingrid had gotten over her fear of him and now she had information to get out of him. "When was this? Before or after I - " She suddenly realised context was needed here. "I needed...something. It's complicated." And Rumplestiltskin’s son didn’t need to know. The fact he was crying didn't mean Ingrid lost all of her senses. "He didn't mention me? Ingrid? My sisters?"

And it was that reminder, it was in her sisters' name, that she was doing this. She'd made a choice just now, she knew that - to pursue her own interests instead of trying to comfort him. But she shook her head almost to herself. No. This was saving her sisters. This was getting Emma safely into her arms and getting Elsa back, and making a new life for them. Maybe Rumplestiltskin couldn't manage that but she could. And that meant trying to explain to Neal in a way that made sense and still got the answers she needed. Her sisters were the ones who mattered in this, not Neal. He was just - collateral damage. That was it: collateral damage. Who cared about him when this was her sisters at risk?

He wasn't just some foster kid, she reminded herself. His father made him more than that. "What does a new life mean? Did he mention me? It's important, Neal. Tell me!" Her tone became even sharper and she went to shake at his shoulder almost roughly.

ADD.: Neal Cassidy | WORDS: 724 | NOTES:

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 03:42 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Neal knew that back home everyone knew that he was the son of the Dark One, and, everyone had seemed to punish him for it. But, he hadn't thought it would be the case in this world. He was just a kid, and, wasn't his father. Neal had never wanted to do anything that his father had done, but, everyone had just been scared of him purely by association. The thoughts and memories of that had been what had caused him to break down. “How would you? I don't really tell anyone the truth about what happened.” Heck no-one even cared Neal knew that no-one would even know that his father had a son, since he had been sure to get rid of him, and, then probably just lived his life happily without that memory or burden over him.

He found his thoughts escaping him as he just sat there letting the emotions get past his walls for the first time since he had been abandoned. But, hearing the woman's questions, Neal suddenly had a different feeling come over him. Raising his eyebrows, Neal looked up and started to move away from her a little. “What are you talking about? How do you know my father?” Neal asked, now really unsure what was happening. “I haven't seen my father in a long time. So no. He never mentioned anything.”

Neal was now convinced that this woman was crazy. Or maybe it was part of his father's plan. Keep tabs on him even when he wasn't with him. But, then again he would have to care at all about him for that to be the case. So, maybe this woman was either from their land, or she was just insane. People had known who his father was, but, usually they were either in this world, or knew him as the fairytale character. He didn't know which one this woman was, heck he didn't actually care. This woman was sounding like a whack job, and, it was freaking him out.

Standing up, Neal moved away from her. “Look I don't know who you are. Or what you're on. But, you're either from somewhere not here. Or you're crazy.” Neal hoped it was the second one, because then at least it would've been easier to accept staying here, and, not believe that his past was catching up with him AGAIN. “My social worker says I have to stay here by law. But, I'm getting pretty good at running away, and, making myself disappear as it were.” Neal gave a soft sigh “I was hoping that this would actually be an ok one. You seemed different to the others. But, you're seeming like the rest of them. Are you a spy in this world for my father or something?” This whole scene was freaking him out, and, right now he just wanted to leave.

tag: Ingrid || Hope this is ok. I kind of lost where I was going with this, and, this happened.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Ingrid
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:01 PM

The Snow Queen/Frozen

Arendelle

Jessica is online

47 years old / 72 posts

He had to know something, surely. Anything. And Ingrid would be damned if he would slip out of her fingers without telling her anything about what was happening back in that realm. A steely resolve had come over her, the same one when she’d discovered what Anna had tried to do, what she had been hiding from Elsa and herself - that hat, the one everyone seemed to want. If this was what she had to do this was what she had to do. The foster mother before had almost vanished, revealing not a fiery screaming villain but one firm and cold and ready to wait…as long as it took.

Ingrid moved forward as Neal moved backward, trying to maintain the same distance they’d had before - or lack of. He looked suspicious and she realised, suddenly, that she didn’t actually care about his feelings. He didn’t have magic. She did - she and Elsa, and Emma, wherever she was. They were special and Neal certainly was not; he was only useful because of who his father was. These people were worth nothing in comparison to her girls and herself. But if context was what he needed she’d give it to him, and all the time her tone never wavered, her eyes sharp and resolute and staying her ground. "I knew him back in Misthaven." She used the name that in Arendelle the Enchanted Forest was called; it was simply the one that came naturally. That was what she and her sisters had called it. "He helped us with a problem I had. We made a deal and I honoured that deal." She wasn’t the villain here! She’d done what she’d said she’d do! How could she be? The sheer certainty in her voice, the utter conviction, could have made her a hero by force if that were even possible. Ingrid didn’t know much about Rumplestiltskin, didn’t know this was what he practically did for a living. But she had honoured the original deal and surely that was the one that mattered!

She recounted the events as they had happened. "But he took my sister away and set a price. But I was offered a new deal from someone else. A better deal." Leaving the one with Rumplestiltskin unfulfilled. Ingrid inwardly winced. She’d left one of her sisters - her new sister - with that monster. She just had to hope the Apprentice was right and she would be reunited with her sisters in the end. He had to be right. Had to, must be, need to. One after the other after the other, because there was no place in her world for greys. "I haven't seen my father in a long time. So no. He never mentioned anything." She exhaled. "Good."

She rose too, keeping her eyes on him. "I’m not from here, Neal. You’re right. And I am certainly not crazy or a spy." If anything she was the sanest she had ever been. It felt so right to be doing this - to be doing all of this. To Ingrid the world looked even more black and white, more magical and non-magical, than it had ever looked before. It was absolute - even as he spoke of escaping. She shook her head. "You’re not disappearing, Neal. I am more powerful than you know. Be smart and don’t try it." And she knew better than to actually show that power in the world without magic. She hadn’t forgotten the incident with the fortune teller. Her eyes flashed to the door and she went forward, going as if to take him by the wrist. None of her actions were hurried, not even erratic. It was of a woman who thought she was wholeheartedly on the side of right and was more than prepared to act on that. "Rumplestiltskin must want to see you," she insisted. "I could trade you. A child for a child. A son for a sister. I need her back, Neal. And you’re the key."

It all seemed to be fitting together. Maybe this was what the Apprentice meant! She could get to Misthaven, get Elsa back and they could both wait for Emma together. Didn’t that make sense? It wasn’t complicated, not really. It was like puzzle pieces, and finally she thought she was getting a look at the picture. And it was all through Neal - a teenage boy.

ADD.: Neal Cassidy | WORDS: 735 | NOTES: No it’s great! <3 No worries

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 05:39 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

“Well my father did always have a thing for 'making deals'. Even more so for changing them.” Neal had witnessed so many deals being given, or changed at the last minute. His father was a master manipulator, and, would twist anything to get what he wanted, and, the ones who were desperate. It had always annoyed Neal to no end, since those were just some people who had wanted some help, and, he couldn't always convince his father to not take anything from them.

Neal would normally be wary of anyone who was from the other world with connections to his father. But, suddenly she said the one thing that made him think that maybe this could work to his advantage. Adjusting his hoodie, he pushed his hair out of his eyes, and, gave a soft smile as he went to look back up at her.

“I doubt you really can cause any damage to me. Neither of us have a way back to this world, if you did then you would've already gone back there. And, besides if this world would render the all powerful Dark One powerless, then how powerful can you be?” Neal said, keeping his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. “You know if you're so sure that my father is listening, then I don't think threatening his son would be ideal. Because you've seen him when a deal is broken, but, the last time someone 'hurt' me, they were turned into a snail and squashed. And, you just told me you broke a deal with him. I mean threatening his son AND a broken deal. I don't think anything would help you with that.”

Hearing the footsteps from the floor above them, Neal glanced up before smirking and looking back down at Ingrid. “Besides, do you really want your other foster kids to see you threatening one who just got here? I mean here, I'm not the son of the Dark One, I'm just another foster kid.”

He adjusted his hoodie around himself, “But, even on top of all that. My father left me.” Neal wrapped his arms around himself as he stood there looking at her. “If he wanted me, I wouldn't be here now would I?”

tag: Ingrid

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine