Man on the run
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 04:34 AM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

32 years old / 1259 posts

You have no idea what I've lived with

Neal didn't know where he was going, or even where he had ended up, but, Neal knew that he had been doing what he needed to in order to survive after leaving the foster system for good. He was 18 now, and, that meant that he wasn't their problem anymore.

The homeless shelter had kind of gotten sick of him, and, he had been forced to move to a different one in California, where he had stayed for a while, until he had decided to just be on his own.

If they didn't want him either, then that was fine with him. He did better on his own anyway, and, would happily take care of himself, he had been doing so, since the moment he was 14. Despite being in the system, and, placed with families, they had never actually cared, they just kept him there so that they got the money from the government.

Neal was sad to see that there were people that were younger then him, and, families that, despite being homeless, and, having nothing wanted to be together. That image broke his heart, so he had been kind of happy to get away from it.

Neal had somehow found this old worn down shed, he knew that he would be considered as breaking and entering, but, he just needed places to store the small things he 'borrowed' from locations, until he came up with something else.

Of course he wasn't aware that someone was coming up from behind him.

Jenny Butler

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 08:49 AM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

Jenny walked over to check the shed that lately she barely used, not to say she didn't ever use it as she did use it from time to time but not too much. Lately, she used it less times than she did before that. As Jenny made her way over, she didn’t expect to find anyone there as no one, but her or her husband went there anyway, at times his employes. She stopped by the door as she noticed that it was broken into and sighed to that. Jenny looked around as she picked up a huge branch and was ready to use it whenever she needed to. She was ready for anything, or so she thought, as well as told herself as she touched the doorknob and opened it.

Jenny had no idea what she expected to see, but she knew that it wasn't that. Not what she actually saw. Jenny froze she considered getting her husband and calling the cops, in fact, she began dialing the cops as she opened the door. If it was her husband, she planned not to call, of course, but what she saw froze her as she put hand her hand on her pregnant stomach. Jenny had no idea. What to do. It wasn't like she saw that coming or anything like that. Jenny looked at the guy and his things, debating what to do. He seemed like he was lost with no place to go as Jenny felt bad for him. She looked around carefully, to make sure it wasn't a trap. It was Bodega Bay, California. Where everyone knew everyone, and the guy was a stranger. Jenny had no idea what to do or say, no matter how long had passed. She still held the branch at ready just in case, even if she doubted that she would need it. Jenny still planned on protecting herself and her unborn baby.

She glanced at his stuff or some of it and back at him not sure what to say to him. Jenny looked down for a second and back at him, as she sighed to that. She tried to speak at first, and nothing came up. The 28 years old Jenny, almost 29 years old, just watched the guy. "Who are you? What are you doing in here? Where is your home?" she asked him a few minutes later and sighed to that. Jenny looked around and back at him. "Is there someone else here with you? Or is it just you?" she asked him a few minutes later. Jenny wanted to know for sure. She wanted to make sure no one would jump on her and knock her out or anything like that, as she had no time or patience for this. Nor did she even want to, as that wasn't a good thing, for Jenny especially.

Jenny waited for his reply, as she wondered what would it be. When he spoke, she did listen of course, as she wanted to know what he would say. As Jenny wanted to know his answer after all. She did plan to help the guy if she could and if he wasn't fooling he or anything like that. Which Jenny hoped that it wasn't the case or she planned to hit him and his accomplices with the big branch, as well as she, planned to let the cops that at that moment were on the phone to hear it all. That was why she let the phone ring, even when she saw a guy there, just in case she was in danger or anything like that. It made things so much easier, or so Jenny thought, as other wise, it could end badly, which she knew rather well. She hoped not but it was always safe than sorry, that much she knew for a fact.

Jenny was ready for anything, or so she thought as well as believed. Or at least she hoped so, anyway. "Wait a minute, how did you get in here, anyway? It was locked, me and my husband made sure of it. Did you break in or something? How did you do that or why? Why can't you go home or something?" Jenny asked over sudden as she realized something. While on her cell phone at first a 'Hello?, Hello' could be heard silently or something like that but not anymore.

Jenny wondered what the guy would say, as she refused to call off the cops until she knew for sure that she should, If at all. She looked around and back at him as she waited for a reaction and a reply, as she wondered what would it be.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bach for the lovely sig
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 03:59 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Neal just continued to rearrange the items that lay around here, unaware that someone was following him. He wasn't meaning to break into somewhere, he just wanted to be able to have shelter of his own for a little bit longer.

Hearing that voice, Neal jumped and looked up as he began to turn around. “I'm sorry. My name's Neal. I needed a place to hide for a while. Don't really have a home.” Neal said, letting out a soft sigh. Neal kept his hands in his pockets, before looking around for a moment, and, then looking back at her. “It's just me. It's been just me for a long time now.” That much was true, but, it was for a bit longer then anyone else needed to know about. She didn't have to worry about anyone else coming to take her down or something.

Neal expected her to call the cops, and, he wouldn't really blame her. Although he would probably end up locked up for other reasons if they figured out who he was. He did have a bit of a rap sheet that may end up being the cause of his arrest, with this just on top of it. Neal would happily leave if she wanted him to though, he didn't know where exactly he would go, but, he didn't want to cause trouble or be a burden to anyone.

At the next question, Neal ran his hand through his hair. “Yeah, I, uh, I picked the lock. I needed somewhere to hide out for a while. I don't have a home, and, the shelter didn't have room for me anymore.” Neal just looked at her for another couple of minutes, before he put his hands back in his pockets.

He just sat down on a stool that was in here for a moment, as he waited to see what the woman would say or do. Neal was planning to head back to Arizona soon, it may have been the place with the bad memories of the system, but, it was still the only real place he properly knew in this land. But, first he had to figure out what would happen if he stayed here with this woman.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 02:43 AM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

Jenny expected a normal day as any but to her surprise it ended up turning differently then she expected. Normal for her is the way it was each and every day. Jenny didn't expect nor think that anyone would sneak into her family's old shed. Her husband was going to hire someone to fix it but he hasn't just yet. As she was about to suggest that to her husband last week but with being pregnant and such, she ended up forgetting about it. However, she had no idea that someone would sneak into it and use it as a hide out so. There was no doubt there. Since no one did that before so Jenny doubted that someone would do that now. It wasn't a safe place to be at until it was fixed, that was for sure. Not as far as Jenny, her husband and his employee's were concerned at least.

When she saw him and spoke to him, she watched his reaction and sighed to that. Jenny watched the guy closely and sighed to that. "It's fine. As long as you are telling the truth and I am sorry to hear that. Nice to meet you Neal just too bad we don't meet in better situations in that case! I am Jenny. To hide so? From what? Are you in trouble? You have no home? What happened?" She asked rather concerned. Jenny watched him closely and sighed to that. She had no idea what to expext but she began feeling sorry for him as she spoke into the phone saying false alarm and that cops were unneeded and hanged up. "I see and I am sorry for that," Jenny said a bit later. The information she got from him had upset her. It sounded to Jenny that the guy had a horrible life as she hoped to help him make it better.

The fact that the guy suffered so much made her feel so bad for him that she was rather helping him than get him arrested. She didn't think he needed anymore trouble that he had this moment. Granted, Jenny knew that she could have fooled for some reason she doubted that it was the case. Call it a gut feeling or a hunch. Jenny thought that he suffered enough. She actually considered helping him. As she was a good person and hated when people suffered no matter what.

Jenny asked the next and shook her head as she listened to him and shook her head to that. "Yeah, I figured that much. As it was locked the last me and my husband chdcked, as well as his employees checked! I see. Well, tell you what! How about you stay here and will bring you food or you can stay in the inn/Bed and breakfast. What do you think? And I am sorry gor all the bad you went through," she said to him and sighed to that. Jenny watched him closely and sighed to that.

"You can stay for a week and then we shall see what we do about it? What do you say? Are you good at fixing things other than breaking them? Because if you do, then you just got yourself a job! You might not be paid much but you will have a home, roof over your head as well as food and drink. What do you say? Does that work for you? And yes you will be paid but not millions but 20 dollars for each day. Sounds good to you? And after that we shall see, do we have a deal?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 07:16 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

just some lyrics
Jenny Butler   •   notes go here
Keeping his hands in his pockets, Neal looked at the woman “Of course it's the truth. I don't see why you think someone would lie about that. Nice to meet you too, and, yeah that is too bad. That's kind of a long story, not really one I want to get into right now.” Neal said, giving a soft sigh as he just looked at her. He glanced away momentarily, examining all the objects he put in here, as the woman continued to talk to the cops. “Don't be. I'm fine.” Neal knew that this was a slight lie, but, a part of him was fine on his own.

Neal had finally gotten away from the system, and, while his life had been hard, he was finally free. When he was a kid, he had occasionally used his being alone to his advantage, but, he had been a kid then, and, he didn't see any point in it anymore. And, there wasn't any part of his sad story that was actually untrue, which made things worse. Neal wasn't looking for pity, or, fishing for help. He was too good a person for that.

Neal then went to explain about how he had gotten in here. “Yeah, sorry about that. I will fix the lock if you want. Oh, um I wasn't trying to fish for a place to stay or anything. But, I told you already don't be sorry.” Neal kept his hands in his pockets as he stood there and looked around.

“Well I'm not terrible at fixing things. As long as I'm earning money, and, not just having it given to me as charity. Because I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. But, if that's the case, then I guess yes, we have a... deal.”
danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 12:50 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

Jenny watched him closely and sighed. She spoke and then after that, she listened to him again. "Well good that you are not lying, as some people do lie. I don't think that, just it happened before as some people are fools and liars, they would lie even about that. Which is why I said it's fine, as long as you are not lying!I am glad you don't lie, even if I am sad you actually went through that as it is terrible. Very bad but I hope that things would get better for you soon and I believe that things would get better for you. And it's fine no worries! If you ever decide to tell me you can and if not then not, up to you," Jenny said to him. She looked around as she talked to the cops so that they won't send anyone as the guy wasn't doing anything bad, he just needed a place to stay. Jenny felt bad for him. "Well, good you are fine but I still feel that way," Jenny said to him. She hoped to help him as much as possible, as he seemed to need help, whether he would ever admit to that or not.

She did wonder what did he go through but she decided not to press on the subject. Jenny hoped that one day he would feel like he can talk to her about it. If he was still around that is. She felt bad for what he went through, no matter what it was, as what he told her so far wasn't much, but she knew there was more to it. However, Jenny didn't feel pity for the guy or such but she did feel bad for him, which with her wasn't the same as pity, unlike with others. She hoped his life would turn better soon, if not yet. For Jenny it didn't seem like the guy's life became any better but she hoped that soon his life would be better. Deep down she prayed for him whether she needed to or not, as that was just the way she was.

Jenny listened to his explanation as she looked down and back at him. "It's fine. Just next time just talk to me or my husband about a job and a place to stay, etc. We wouldn't mind! We are hiring or he does. I mostly work in San Jose, and now we are in Bodega Bay, California. Bit anyway, don't feel bad asking for help at times, not everyone are cruel, you know?! It would be great if you could fix it. I understand bit it is the least I could do, we could do! There is no trouble at all! I know, just I can't help it, this is just the way I am what can you do?!" she said to him after she heard what he said,

Jenny spoke again and then listened to him once more. "Well, that is good. Then you just got yourself a job and a place to stay!You got it. 30 dollars per hour, and 4-5 hours a day, works for you? I understand and no, not charity but a job is what I am offering you. With that you get a place to stay and food, as well as money! Yes, it is the case. Good, Deal. You can start now, if you want,"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 02:14 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

just some lyrics
“Trust me I know. Yeah, it was, but, I'm over it, and, I'm past it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, I lost hope a long time ago. Not really one for sharing my life story around.” Neal kept his hands in the pocket of his jacket as he stood there looking at this woman, who was still on the phone to the cops. He hadn't wanted to hurt anyone, he just wanted somewhere to stay. “Well, thanks I guess.” Neal wasn't one to ever admit he needed help, but, what else could he do right now?

Neal had been through a lot of crap in his life, and, even on the few times he had wanted help, no-one had wanted to give it. So he had just given up asking for it. He didn't want to stay here if she was going to pity him, Neal would just pack up the few things he had, and, head off. But, there was something about this woman that was making him want to stay. Like something that had been missing from his life for all these years. A part of him had secretly held onto hope that things can only get better, but, that had faded just as quickly.

Neal just kept his hands in his jacket pockets, as he looked down on the ground. “Well I'm a lot more complicated then that, not being able to ask for help is the least of my problems. Well I will fix it I promise. I mean I may have planned it anyway. I guess that's true, but, then again it's the type of person I am too. Breaking into your house aside.”

Letting out a soft sigh, Neal gave a smile in the woman's direction. “Yeah that works for me. And, it'll be nice earning honest money. Good, I guess it was charity, I would be out of here. I like the sound of that. Sure, starting now sounds good to me.”

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 04:20 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

"You noticed that too huh? People lie so much, that it is hard to tell who is honest and who isn't, You are pretty tough, no lie! How do you do that? Oh, you are tough! Well we all have something in our past that we want to avoid and run from right? And that happens to be yours. However, if you ever decide to talk to me about it, just do it and don't worry about it. It is fine either way," Jenny said to him, It was the minute she hanged up the phone and cops weren't heading over. She sighed to that as she watched him closely. Jenny thought he was a good guy no matter how long had passed and that was why she agreed that he stayed. Also she planned to give him a better place to stay than the shed. Jenny listened to what he said next. "You are welcome, gladly," she said to him. Jenny looked around and back at him. "You don't need to thank me or anything like that so, as I am happy to help. And in the long run it helps us both, ya know? That is a good thing! Don't you think?" she said to him simply.

She hoped that way to change his luck. Jenny had no idea whether it would work that way or not but she hoped, as well as she believed that it will. She couldn't understand why he had a bad luck so far, as he didn't seem like a bad person or anything like that. Jenny herself would have treated him different and even helped him, as she tried to do that moment. She didn't picky him though, and never will. Jenny felt bad but not pity but she wanted to help him because he seemed like a good guy and not because she pitied him. She hoped that he understood that but if not then she planned to prove it to him. Jenny looked at what he had with him and then at his face. She figured that a job, a place to stay, food and drink, as well as money would help him. Would do some good to him. Jenny figured that maybe that will help him believe in life and people again, if he lost it before. She was being serious and she hoped that he understood that, but she definitely thought and believed that he did.

Jenny sighed as she watched him closely. She spoke again and then listened to him once more. "I am sure but we all have things we hide from people. Asking for help it is in a lot of cases one of the things we hide but then again there are things that are hard to talk about! I am sure it is more complicated than that. However, now you have a chance to fix it, to uncomplicate it! To change your life around. You could use that! And that is good I am glad to hear it. And yeah, don't worry I got what you mean! I trust you. That means you are a good person, and that is something you should be proud off! The side of you that cares, wants to help and hates hurting people. That part is a good part of you so don't lose it, ever. Alright? You promise not to lose the real you, the good you?"Jenny said to him.

She watched him as she spoke again and smilec back at him. "Awesome. Then it is a deal! I bet and you will. You got a skill, a kind of skill that gets you a job and payment like now! We were searching for someone for that job for a while but now no need to as we got the job filled. By you! Well, you are in luck as it's not and you can officially say you have a job and a life. Thar is good and same here! I am glad you like the sound of it so. Alright then, that is perfect, you might not be rich with the payment but it is a good money none the less,"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 02:03 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

just some lyrics
“Yeah, but, I think mine's a bit more complicated then most other people's. Thanks for the offer, but, I don't really think I'll ever be up for talking about it.” Neal just leant his head back, and, gave a soft sigh as he saw those memories come into his head once again. He did hope that one day he would be able to find the one thing he'd been searching for since he was dropped through that portal. Neal had felt home once, and, so he knew what it was meant to feel like. Nothing that he had had since the Darlings gave him that feeling. Neal just gave a soft smile in response to her next word. “I guess you're right. But yeah that is good.”

Neal was glad that he seemed to be getting a bit of good luck on his side. Being dropped through that portal had been the beginning of it, and, his luck had only gotten worse from there. A part of him wondered whether he was just destined to never find that feeling again.

At least this woman seemed to be nice towards him, unlike the other people he had met since being back in this world. Neal just hoped that he wasn't getting pitied by this woman, because that would definitely be a deal breaker for him. A part of him could tell the difference between genuine kindness and pity, and, this was definitely the former. Like with Wendy when he had first broken into their house. She had just had a heart of gold, offering the poor orphan a place to stay. Offered him a home. While this wasn't exactly a home, at least he was being offered something that was bringing him back on the other side of the law. Neal had started to lose faith in people, but, maybe there were still some out there, that actually weren't selfish or only out for themselves.

“My life is a bit complicated. Not asking for help was probably the least of my problems back then. You're right it is more complicated then that. It may take a bit more then this to fix it, but, it may be nice to have it be somewhat normal for a while. Trusting me, that'll be a new one. Yeah hurting people is something I can't stand, and, honestly I'm surprised it's still in there. But, yeah I promise.” Admittedly that was the one thing the foster system hadn't taken away from him was his good heart and his loyalty towards people.

Neal just continued to talk to this woman, and, gave a soft smile in the woman Maria's direction. “I never assumed that these particular skills would come in handy. Guess in a way it's fate. We both got something that we needed. It's ok, being rich has never been something I cared about. Just earning my own way in life through an honest living.”

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 03:03 PM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

Jenny listened to him and sighed. She felt bad for him but no pity but if he didn't realize it then she had no idea how to explain it but she believed that he did realize it so. She listened to him and shook her head, as she hated the fact that there were people who suffered. "Aww, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you had it tough I would say! I hope things would be better for you and I believe that they have or would soon at least. Just don't give up hope, alright! Anytime and I understand but if you ever change your mind, which is possible then the offer still stands. It helps talking about it, as it makes you feel at least a bit better but with that in mind, you don't have to unless you want to," Jenny said to him. She was honest as before but then again it was just the way she was. Jenny was proud of the way she was raised as she was raised well. She watched him and sighed, she hoped that her helping him now would also help change his life around for the better as he deserved it. If she could do something to make his bad past disappear like it had never happened, then she gladly would do so but she couldn't, and she knew it all too well. "I a right. And it is exactly right?" Jenny said to him after he spoke again, right after she did. "You are not alone so, don't worry about it," she said to him a few minutes later. Jenny looked around and back at him as she sighed and watched him once more. She wondered what would he do or say next.

She wondered why the guy had so much bad luck, and hoped that even if slightly, that she managed to help him change his life around. Jenny believed that she did, as she hoped that she wasn't wrong, even if she had no idea for sure. She had a feeling that she might have changed his life around and if so that was good or so she thought at least. Jenny was glad that she could help change his life around, as he deserved more of good luck than bad luck. Given that the guy had suffered enough as it was. Or so Jenny thought and believed. In fact, he didn't deserve the bad luck he had or so she thought at least. This moment Jenny thought that too. She put her hand on her stomach and sighed. Jenny hoped that her unborn baby would have a good luck too. She believed so, but hoped for the best just the same. Just as Jenny hoped that the guy in front of her would havs a good luck. So that he won't suffer anymore. Jenny wished that for all good people with bad luck. No matter what. If she could help all good people with a bad luck theb she would definitely do that, there was no doubt there but unfortunately, she couldn't. That was life and Jenny knew that rather well. Even if she hated that a great deal. Life was complicated that way and Jenny knew that rather well. Even if she didn't like that at all. Life was just that way. You didn't alwaus like it but you had to accept it. Which Jenny also knew rather well and accepted it, since she had no choice in the matter since she knew that it won't change at all. No matter what. At the moment Jenny tried not to think of that as before, even if it was a rather hard thing to do. It just upset her less if possible, when she didn't think of that at all. Jenny looked down to her stomach and then back at the guy in front of her.

She watched him as she wondered what was he thinking about. Jenny felt horrible for what the guy went through, no matter how long had passed. However, no matter what she still didn't pity him. Jenny was truly kind and that was why she was kind to him. It was all real and she hoped that he knew it but she believed that he did as he looked rather smart to her. Jenny had no intention to pity him at all. She never did that before and wasn't about to start.
That was for sure. Jenny wished that more people showed him true kindness as he seemed like a good guy. He was a good guy or so she thought at least. Jenny hoped that she wasn't wrong about him. Somehow she doubted that she was wrong about him. It didn't seem to Jenny like she was wrong about him. In fact, quite the opposite actually. It seemed to Jenny like she was completely right about him. Which was a good thing or so she thought st least. The guy seemed like a good guy who suffered a lot in life. At least he seemed that way to Jenny, anyway. Her heart, her head and her gut feeling told her that she could definitely trust the guy. That the guy was good and Jenny trusted it. Which was exactly why she trusted the guy at all. Jenny was glad that she did. At least for the time being she was. Jenny doubted that it would ever change at all. She liked the guy already, as a friend of course but still. Jenny hoped that her helping him will help him realize that he wasn't alone and that there were still good people in the world but she believed it was the case. However she hoped for the best just the same.

Jenny watched him as she listened to him speak again, right after she herself spoke once more. "A bit? Sounds like a lot. However, I do hope that I helped fix it for you! Don't worry so, I am not offering you a place to live and a job because I feel sorry for you but because I care and want to. As well as because I think you would do well, and as I said it would be win/ win situation which is good! Um, I am sure it was but unfortunately since not all people can be trusted so that makes it hard asking for help. However, as you see there are still people you can trust out there which is a good thing and it won't change! I assure you of that. It sounds complicated. As in very complicated but I hope that none things would change for the better for you! Also I do believe it is the case. I just hope that I am not wrong! Most likely it will take more than this to fix it, no doubt there but you got to admit it is a good start in the right direction, isn't it? Yeah, exactly right. After the hell you went through, you deserve a better life and that is what you will get here! Well, you make mistakes but don't we all? You seem like a good guy with a head of your shoulders. Which is a good thing! You seem like you can be trusted, which is a good thing. That is good enough for me and my husband! It is a good reason to trust you. Trust me it is. Well, that is good to hear! See? Another reason to trust you. Me and my husband can't stand that either and can't believe it is out there still either! As that is wrong and insane. That is good to know,"she said to him. Jenny was glad that they met as he was a good guy to me and worth meeting or so she thought as well as believed. She doubted that it would ever change, as it didn't feel like it would change. Not to Jenny at least. She couldn't understand why he had such a bad life before that. As it wasn't right nor fair. Jenny hoped that he knew now that not everyone was the same as it was true after all.

She smiled to him as they talked."Well, things are not always as you expect. Which I am sure you can tell! Sometimes we get skills that help us change our lives for better without us realizing it, until we are told. As you noticed! You should be proud of that. Yeah, it is and probably more than in away! It sure i s fate. It definitely looks like fate! Doesn't it? Yep, we did. It is fate and luck! A good luck which all good people need and deserve. Which includes you! Well, that is good. I am glad to hear that! You will have money to survive with which is good. You won't be rich but also not poor either! Which in the long run it is way better than the life you had until now. Well you got it! See? You got what you always wanted finally. Enjoy it as you deserve it,"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 08:57 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Luckily Neal believed this woman when she said there was no pity coming from her. He could sense that this was true, because he had seen what pity looked like. “Thanks I think I needed to hear that. Hope is kind of a flexible term for me these days. I appreciate that, but, I probably won't. I think there's things in my life, that are better left secret.” Neal said, keeping his hands in the pocket of his jacket. He had pretty much raised himself for his whole life, and, he knew that if he talked about it, then he would just make himself sad, and, that life was getting behind him. He couldn't move on if he talked about his past. Luckily this woman offering him help was a good first step. His first true sense of independence, well not really. But, the first step of moving on with his life. Even if the past will always be a part of him. That's exactly what it was. The past. Neal ignored responding to the first comment, but, the comment about not being alone made him smile. “Thanks. I appreciate that.” Neal was sure he may always feel alone in some way, but, having other people around him probably helped with losing that feeling. Standing there Neal wasn't sure what to say now, and, he just waited for her to break the silence.

Neal had never known what he had done to deserve the life he had been given. He had been the only one to believe in his father when no-one else had. But that trust was what had led to everything else that had happened to him. This woman was the first one to take a chance on him since that woman Sarah. He had been given a place to stay by her, she hadn't known anything about who he really was. Just a kid who had been looking for a home. He still hadn't found that, but, Sarah had helped him get a lot closer. But, in his true form, he had found himself drawn back to the homeless shelter, when a friend of his had needed some help. And, he'd managed to get himself convinced that she would be better off without him.

As they both stood there, Neal found his hands going to the chain that he kept in his pocket. He had been given it by a friend that he had made on the island. They had said it was a foreign stone that was supposed to help lead you to what you seek the most. He didn't really believe in that stuff, and, based on what he'd witnessed nothing had proven that it actually works. But, he wasn't going to ditch the stone, because it was still a reminder of the last place he'd had any kind of friends.

Those thoughts were some of the only good ones he had while on Neverland. Life sucked, and, that was all there was to it. Neal accepted his fate a long time ago, but, then again he remembered something his father once told him, the only thing he remembered that didn't cause him pain. 'Everything that happens, happens by design and there's nothing you can do about it. Forces greater then us conspire to make it happen.' Neal had memorized that a long time ago, but, it wasn't like a life motto or anything. His life had happened the way it had for a reason, but, he was also unsure why his life was supposed to go this way. He had given up questioning things a while ago, he just went with his life being the way it was, and, he was supposed to just look out for himself like he'd always done. He was probably supposed to be alone or something like that. No-one trusted foster kids, and, so he decided to just go with it, and, not rely on making people trust him. Besides people were usually always out for themselves so in the end it didn't matter anyway. It was an every man for himself life, and, he had just done that too.

Breaking the silence, Neal shook his head out of his thoughts and just looked up at this woman Jenny. He gave a soft smile as he heard her speak again. “It's ok I believe you. I've seen the ones who lie about that stuff, but, you actually seem genuine about it all. Just wanting to be helpful, not for pity. But, I do appreciate the chance. Well depending on who you ask I'm the one who can't be trusted. People in my, uh situation growing up, didn't always have the best rep. Mistakes are a part of life, but, I've always owned to my mistakes. I guess none of this could hurt, I didn't exactly have any idea of what I was going to do with my life, but, this could be a good way to figure things out. But, I guess it's all a matter of going with it as it's handed to you. Well it's out there more then you know.” Neal liked this woman Jenny, she seemed to be one of the only genuine nice people around. Or at least that he'd met so far. His past was bad, but, it was also hidden for a reason. He did what he needed to do, and, being worried or connected to people was never really something that he put on his to do list. But, maybe it was time to start letting himself start to trust them again.

“Yeah that much is obvious. Maybe, but, this is probably the first amount of good luck I've had in a while. Fate was never really something I believed in. and, sometimes you just need to make your own luck. Sometimes it's easier. Well maybe not everything I wanted, but, I definitely appreciate the start.”

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Jenny Butler
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:32 AM

N/A

Land Without Magic

maria is online

N/A years old / 72 posts

Jenny watched him as she hoped that his new life would help change things for him for the better. She wasn't the kind of person who felt pity for anyone but she felt bad for them, which with her wasn't the same thing at all. This moment especially. Pitying someone wasn't nice nor right but feeling bad for them was fine, and not harsh r cruel or such. At least that was what Jenny thought and believed. For her it was definitely the case. Jenny saw nothing to pity him about, but she still hoped to help him being good person that she was and all.

[not done yet]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine