New Poll

Wolves and Bunnies, tag Ruby/Kitty, Past
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 01:45 PM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 135 posts

Velveteen hadn't seen his fairy friend for quite some time, he was a bit worried about her, though since he was just a rabbit there wasn't too much he could do. She had been so sad the last time he had seen her, not really her usual self. He had decided to go around to all the various places that he knew she sometimes visited when she was just walking around the forest. When little Velveteen ran out of ideas, he just started heading further and further from the areas of the forest he normally hung around. He was beginning to feel he wasn't going to find her, and after awhile he started to realise that he had been so focused on finding his friend, he hadn't realise just how far he had gone. Suddenly nothing looked familiar, the trees were thicker here, maybe even a bit taller. Things smelled different too, yes Velveteen was no longer sure just where exactly he was and his little rabbit heart started to race just a little faster.

Being this far from where he usually roamed he wasn't sure where to go, he didn't know where the best hiding spots were, or any hollowed out logs or holes he could burrow in for the night. Worse still, he had no idea what humans were around this area, or other predators, which meant he didn't know where to avoid or where was safe. He was starting to feel quite a bit frantic. The sky was getting darker, and that wasn't helping matters at all. He had to find a safe place to sleep for the night, so as he wandered around the forest, trying to stay hidden and out of the way he kept looking for a log, or a hole, or a cave, anything where he would be safe and protected.

Suddenly he heard something, he didn't know what it was but it started him and he took off fast through a small thicket, but once he reached the other side suddenly something snapped and he was trapped with a tight rope around his back legs. Velveteen did not like this at all, his heart was beating fast, he was laying on his side trying to get his feet free but nothing was working. It was dark, Velveteen was alone, trapped and he didn't know what to do. He called out through the forest, hoping maybe another animal, a rabbit or anyone, would hear him and come help. Maybe even a fairy, but he imagined he wasn't quite that lucky.

"Help, anyone, help please, help me............."

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ruby Lucas
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 10:31 AM

Little Red Riding Hood

Enchanted Forest

Kitty is online

30 years old / 208 posts

It wasn't that Red didn't want to help Snow and Charming get Snow's kingdom back and get King George off of their backs, or that she didn't feel some pride in it. But there were parts of it she really didn't like having to do. She was okay with having to defend herself and her friends, but she really didn't enjoy killing no matter what. Even if they were The Evil Queen's men or King George's, she still felt guilty about it. She was even starting to feel a bit trapped in the camp, she needed to be outside and doing more than just keeping watch for their enemies. Especially since it was Wolf's Time.

That was why she was out running, trying her best to just push everything out of her mind. Thankfully Snow understood that Red needed to get away for a while, She had let her go without question and Red couldn't comprehend how she had ever been lucky enough to ever deserve a friend like Snow. Someone who always accepted her just the way she was, Red could never be more grateful. But right now she needed to get away for a while, just to run through the woods and forget everything.

While she was running through the woods, she heard the distinct sound of a heartbeat, the heartbeat of someone who was clearly very afraid. She began following the sound, thinking that maybe she could save someone for once. She hoped she would be able to help, that would make her feel so much better. When she heard the scared creature call out for help, she picked up her pace, running as fast as she could so she could get to him quicker. Soon she found the little rabbit caught in the snare, it was clear that he was the one who was scared, but she was pretty sure he would be even more scared with an abnormally large wolf coming to his rescue. "Don't be scared, little one. I know I'm a huge wolf, but I'll help you if you'll let me." She told him gently, hoping he wouldn't be too afraid of her to let her help, but with how everyone usually reacted when they saw her, she wouldn't be too surprised if he was.

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 11:23 AM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 135 posts

Thomas sniffed the large wolf before it came into view, so he was already even more terrified. That was that, there he was, about to be a snack for a predator and he'd hardly lived a life at all since the pretty green fairy had made him a real rabbit. He couldn't do much about it, since he was just a small rabbit stuck in a snare. As the wolf came into sight Thomas backed away as best he could, fear in his eyes, but then he noticed something else. The wolf had an odd scent about it, not like the other wolves Thomas had smelled from afar. This was different, almost like a wolf scent mixed with a human scent, strange indeed. His little nose twitched back and forth, his whiskers vibrating a bit as he sniffed the air. Tentatively he lowered his head slightly and moved his body in a way that would give the wolf better access to where the snare had a hold of his back legs.

"I s'pose it would be better to trust you than the alternative of staying in this snare and wait for the hunter to return who set it.............." Thomas remembered hearing stories about wolves, stories told by the family that had owned him. They'd always warned their son to stay away from the deep woods at night, because of the wolves. This wolf just felt different though, perhaps it was the slight human scent on her that made Velveteen feel more trusting, or perhaps at this point it just seemed better than waiting around for certain death by that of the hunter who set all the traps.

"I'm normally better at avoiding traps, but I am not quite as familiar with this part of the forest. I've never ventured here before, are you from these parts?" Thomas knew the world was rather large, from the stories that Tinkerbell had told him, and as he was a small rabbit, that made the world feel even larger. He imagined there were all sorts of parts of this realm he'd never been and probably never would go. Though he did love exploring, even when it put him in danger, but he wasn't like other rabbits, he hadn't been born one, he had been made with magic, perhaps that was what made him so much more daring than the others of his kind.

Ruby Lucas

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ruby Lucas
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 11:59 AM

Little Red Riding Hood

Enchanted Forest

Kitty is online

30 years old / 208 posts

Of course, Red knew that she was accepted and loved for what she was by the human friends she had. But she had never really interacted much with any animals before, she didn't know how they would react to seeing such a huge wolf come anywhere near them. Really, she would never hurt any of the defenseless creatures she came across, she'd had enough of that for one lifetime. But of course, the animals didn't know that she wouldn't hurt them and they always seemed to run away before she could get close to them. But this little rabbit couldn't get away from her, even though it sounded like it really wanted to. Hopefully, this would be a chance for Red to show that she wasn't as scary as she might look.

"You can trust me, I promise. I don't want to hurt you." She said, trying her best to reassure him before she slowly moved closer to him and gently got the snare off of his back legs. She thought that as soon as she got him out of it, he would run away because he was so scared, but she really hoped he would stay. That he really did trust her not to hurt him. To make him feel more safe with her, she laid down on the ground, so she wasn't as big compared to him. "My name is Red, do you have a name?" She asked him curiously, hoping he would stay to answer her question.

Red hadn't really been looking where she was running to, she was a bit too caught up in her mind and then following the sound of the scared rabbit's heartbeat. So, when he asked her if she was from around there and she looked around to see, she didn't recognize anything around them. "No, I'm not from this part of the forest, I'm from a village far away from here, but I haven't been back there in a long time." She told him with a little sigh, before she rested her head on her front paws. "Are you lost? Maybe I can help you get home?"

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 07:46 PM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 135 posts

Once Velveteen was free from the snare, he moved a step closer to the wolf, raised up on his back legs and sort of sniffed at the air a bit. His little whiskers twitched back and forth as he did, then he tipped his head slightly. He was quite sure there was something very different about this wolf, something that made him feel like he could relax. Besides, if the wolf had wanted to eat him, it could have just done so while he was caught, why free him first. Nope, Velveteen decided that everything was safe, and so he relaxed and sat by the wolf, looking up at it in awe and curiosity. It was quite clear by now that Velveteen had decided to trust the wolf.

"Hello Red, my name's Velveteen, it's because I used to be a toy rabbit made out of velvet, but a really pretty green faery came along one day and made me a real rabbit." His whiskers twitched happily, if whiskers could be described in such a way but it was quite clear by all his movements and his tone that he had gone from trusting Red to being more at ease and more his usual rabbit self, with no more fear in his voice at all.

He watched as Red looked around and he watched eagerly, he had never been up so close to a wolf really. He'd met other smaller creatures of the forest, other rabbits and squirrels and even an otter once when he was hanging out by a pond. He'd met tons of birds and mice, but he'd only heard wolves howling at night, never met one before. When she asked if he was lost he sort of turned his head down, it made him remember that he didn't really have a home, not like he did when he was a toy and had a boy who loved him. Sure he had a corner of the forest with some of the other animals that he lived, but it didn't feel like a home.

"I don't really have a home any more. The village where I lived when I was a toy was destroyed by the evil Queen, the family who owned me had to flee and I was left behind and forgotten, until Tinkerbell found me. Since she turned me into a real rabbit, I've just been exploring but I haven't really found a place to call home, not like before. I hadn't seen Tinkerbell in a rather long time though and I was worried so I decided to venture out of the small corner of the forest I was used to and see if I could find her, but I am beginning to realise what a very large place this is, and maybe I will never find her, or a home..........."

Ruby Lucas

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ruby Lucas
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 02:39 PM

Little Red Riding Hood

Enchanted Forest

Kitty is online

30 years old / 208 posts

Red sat there and watched in wonder after she had released the rabbit, she had expected it to run away from her in fear as soon as it got out of the snare, but he didn't. And he didn't just stay where he was, he actually came closer to her, as if she wasn't scary at all. Red wasn't the size of any normal wolf, she was huge and she thought that made her even scarier. But it seemed that this little rabbit trusted her now, and that made Red's heart swell with happiness. Ever since she found out what she was and what she'd done, she had thought that making friends while she was in her wolf form would be impossible, but the little rabbit seemed determined to prove her wrong.

"Hello Velveteen. It's very nice to meet you." She told him with a happy glint in her eyes, though if she had been in her human form she would have been smiling from ear to ear. She listened happily when he told her about how he got his name, she had never really been close to anything magical happening, so it fascinated her. Of course, her turning into a wolf could be called magical as well, but she didn't always look at it that way, not after what she'd done. "What was it like going from being a toy rabbit to being a real one? Have you been a real rabbit long?" Red had always been a curious creature, so she really wanted to know more about this little rabbit.

Red really didn't mean to make Velveteen sad with her question about his home, she had just hoped that she could help him get to a part of the forest that would be a little more safe for him. But as he told her about what had happened to his home and that he couldn't find his friend anymore, she couldn't help but feel sad too. Also because what he said reminded her that she didn't really have a home anymore either. "I don't have a home either, not a permanent one, at least. I had to run away from my village when I found out I'm a werewolf, I just couldn't stay there after what I'd done. So, now I'm helping Snowwhite and Prince Charming get their kingdoms back from the Evil Queen and King George, so I travel around with them." It wasn't really a life she had ever wished to have, but she wanted to help her friends, help keep them safe, so she did it happily.

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:28 AM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 135 posts

Velveteen's whiskers flicked a bit back and forth, he stood up on his back legs and stretched so that he was a bit more eye level with Red, he was utterly fascinated by her scent. He sat back a bit and pondered her question for a moment, he certainly remembered very vividly the feeling of being a lonely toy stuck in rubble, to being a fluffy flesh and blood real rabbit able to breathe and stretch and jump around. The thing was, time felt strange all those years as a toy. Truth be told he wasn't entirely sure when he'd become consciously aware, then again little Velveteen also had no idea how love magic worked or faery magic, or any magic for that matter. Time passed, he was sure of it. The sun rose and sank, the moon changed shapes as the days wore on, the seasons went through cycles. Still actually pausing to contemplate a number to express how long he'd been alive, he just wasn't entirely sure.

"Hmm, that is a good question, I am entirely unsure just how much time has passed, I believe there's been....." He looked at his paws and tried to count.... "At least three winters now since I became a real rabbit, or perhaps it was five winters. Does that help? I am not fond of winter, the snow is pretty when it falls, but I am a rather small little creature and the snow just piles up and up and up and I do not like being so small when the snow is so very tall."

Velveteen was a very expressive little rabbit, so every time Red mentioned certain things or names, it was clear on Velveteen's face and whiskers and eyes what those things made him feel. Hearing how she also had no real permanent home made him give a look of understanding and sadness, though mentioning Snow and Charming made him perk up with vivid curiosity as those were names he'd heard before in passing, enemies of the Evil Queen. When she was mentioned he flicked his whiskers nervously and was clearly frightened at her name, the evil human who had burnt down his whole world and driven out his owners.

"I do not like the Evil Queen, if you are an ally of Snow and Charming you must be very good, I have heard they are her enemies and any enemy of the Evil Queen who drove away my owners, is very much a friend of mine. Though I do feel sorry for the Queen, my friend Tinkerbell said that she is just very lonely and sad, but I do not think that is a very good reason to be so cruel to people." He said the last bit with confidence, it was clear he truly believed Red was good, despite the fact she looked like a very large hungry wolf. He inched closer again, tipping once again on his hind legs as far back as he could and sniffed, then looked at Red a bit shyly, unsure if his next question would offend her or not.

"May I please ask you why you smell so different from any animal I've ever smelled, I mean good smell, not bad, just you smell a bit human. Is that how wolves normally smell? I've never really been so close to one before....."
He really hoped his question didn't offend, he wanted Red to like him.

Ruby Lucas

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ruby Lucas
 Posted: May 4 2018, 04:23 PM

Little Red Riding Hood

Enchanted Forest

Kitty is online

30 years old / 208 posts

As fascinated as Velveteen was with Red, she was just as fascinated with him, if not more. This was the first time she was this close to another animal while she was in her wolf form, every other animal had always run away from her before she could tell them that she wouldn’t hurt them. But Velveteen had stayed, he was sitting there watching her, talking to her. He seemed to trust her, and Red was so grateful to him for that, it was exactly what she needed right now. But of course, Velveteen wasn’t a normal rabbit, he had been a toy before he became a real rabbit, that made him special. At least he was special in her eyes, because he wasn’t scared of her. She was just happy she had heard him calling out for help, that it hadn’t been another wolf who might not have been so kind to the little rabbit.

"That’s a long time, five winters… I used to like the snow once, I thought it was beautiful and fun to run around and play in, but it changed for me not too long ago." Seeing the bodies of people she had known all her life, ripped apart in the most terrible ways, with blood all over the snow had really changed Red’s view on snow. And the fact that she later realized that she was the one who had ripped the people apart didn’t help either. Her view would never be the same again, at least she didn’t think so. "But if we still know each other when winter comes, I’ll carry you if the snow gets too high, I’m very tall, if you didn’t notice before." She was trying to lighten the mood a little bit for herself, since she really didn’t want to think about all the bad things she had done, and she didn’t want Velveteen to know about it yet, either. He’d probably be scared of her if he knew and she didn’t want that.

"I think Snow feels sorry for the Queen too, she wants to make peace with her, but I think she knows it’s impossible. The Queen’s thirst for revenge is too great to just give up and make peace. Which is sad, because this war is not good for the realm, there’s too much destruction." She told the rabbit sadly, she had been thinking about this war a lot lately, wondering how it could end peacefully, even if she knew it was impossible. Too much had happened between Regina and Snow for it to just end peacefully. Her mind wandered a little bit as she thought more about the war she had gotten involved in to protect her friends, but it didn’t get too far before the rabbit asked her a question she hadn’t expected.

"Well, as I said before, I’m a werewolf. Which means that during the day I’m human, but for five nights each month, just around the full moon, which is also called wolf’s time, I’m able to turn into a wolf. I mean, I can’t really stop myself unless I wear a red cloak my grandmother gave me. So, that’s why I smell a bit human." If she had been in her human form she would have smiled at him, because his question didn’t offend her, she was just happy to finally have someone to talk about this with that hopefully wouldn’t run away screaming. He already knew she was a wolf, so that couldn’t scare him away.

Thomas O'Hare

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: May 14 2018, 11:34 AM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

30 years old / 135 posts

Velveteen quite liked the idea of having Red as a friend, her offer for the winter months sounded most kind and he was sure would make getting around and staying warm much easier. It wasn't as if he hadn't made other animal friends, he had a few rabbit friends, even a skunk, but most animals he'd so far befriended had all been rather on the small side like himself, or even smaller. The idea Red would be his friend who was quite large in her wolf form, and he imagined would be even taller in the human form she said she had most of the month, that made him quite excited. He hadn't had many human friends since the family that owned him when he had been a toy, mostly because most humans had no idea what little Velveteen was saying. Outside of the faeries of course, and perhaps the mermaids.

"Oh that would be so wonderful! It would make me feel much safer, you're so very kind!" With that Velveteen reached as high as possible on his back legs and softly nuzzled Red. The stuff about Regina was just sad, and Red was right, war couldn't be good for the Realm or the kingdom. Not that Velveteen knew much about war and politics, but after what happened with his family, it seemed to be quite obvious how the effects spread out to all the people in the kingdom, and probably beyond. Still, if Red was friends with the right side of things, then he felt confident she must be good, and therefore he decided she would be his friend.

Werewolf, the term sounded familiar like he had heard it somewhere before but now her explanation made sense. Though the bit about the red cloak still felt a bit over his tiny little bunny head, but he was sure it would make more sense if he saw the cloak. At least now he understood why she didn't smell like other wolves he'd smelled before. Not that he'd ever gotten close to the other wolves, but he had an awfully good sense of smell as a rabbit and had gone through areas that it smelled like wolves had been.

"That sounds like it must be awfully frustrating at times, if you can't control the change, but it is good you have a red cloak to help you. I have only ever been a toy-rabbit and a real-rabbit, though I've often wondered what it would be like to be human, humans are always so tall, except the children. I think that you have very kind eyes, would it be all right if we become friends. That would make me very happy!" He twitched his whiskers in a happy way, his eyes making it clear he was comfortable and relaxed around Red.

Ruby Lucas

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine