Posted: Jun 5 2018, 08:45 AM

OC

Fantasyland

Angel on fire is online

25 years old / 11 posts

Kay Nielsen
play by the rules
but be ferocious
While Odette was busy doing... whatever swans do, Kay was trying to find a way to help her. For now, he knew who cursed her but this city, Storybrooke, is not even in the same realm so for now he couldn't make that bastard pay for what he did to Kay's queen and best friend. But it wasn't all that negative as it may seem. Kay learned that this city was full of magic, and there were a lot of people who could possibly help him. Still, it was hard because, before everything else, he needed to protect Odette so he couldn't just approach every person and ask for a help to break the curse. No, he had to be sure he can trust those people and that they are willing to help.

With portals appearing all the time bringing new people to the city and the latest curse that took some of them, it was hard to find anyone. Apparently, Regina Mills and Emma Swan (do you see the irony here?) were heroes and saviors of this city but they went missing with the curse Horned King cast so he had to find someone else.

He heard of one guy, Newt Scamander that was some kind of a wizard and also if rumors are true, he worked with magical creatures. And he would dare to say that Odette now probably fit perfectly in that category.

He found a man at Granny's and while he knew it would be the best to plan carefully how to approach him, Kay found himself just walking to face the man without any tactic. "Hi, you are Newt, right? Can I bother you for a second?"

Newt Scamander / Let me know if you need any changes <3
PM
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 07:03 PM

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 54 posts

I'm not a fish out of water. I'm a duck looking for a very specific pond.

Newt was getting more comfortable. Saying that he was happy to be there was downright silly but finding Tina again and knowing that Queenie was there too made things a little easier. He still didn't care for the modern things. The diner wasn't comfortable either but Tina had encouraged him to get out more. Not that he really wanted to. Not a bit. But he was trying and that was better than nothing, at least in his book. Whatever that was worth to the more or less futuristic muggle. Most seemed more interested in their television than anything. Silly muggles.

So he had taken Tina's advise to heart and got himself a table by the window as far away from everyone as he could - which was easier said than done in a busy diner! - and ordered a muffin and a cup of tea. With his attire the same 1920's look, complete with his very fashionable coat (which was a bit warm but he didn't care to take it off) and his case tucked close to his leg, he couldn't have looked more out of place if he tried.

He picked at the muffin, studying a newspaper that had been left behind. The lack of moving pictures was such a disappointment. The stories within were mundane, the usual for a place where pretty much everyone was there by force. Of course there was this dark magic to boot. Whatever was going on here, it was not worth liking even if that was pretty much to be said about everything. Like the tea lacking flavour. He couldn't help but hope that murder wasn't required to get a decent cup of tea but at the rate things were going...

His mind had been elsewhere, skimming through most of the articles, page to page. Only upon hearing his name did he pay attention. Looking up from his paper, he found himself looking at a young man. Or so he guessed that was the case. How he knew his name was unknown but with Queenie having settled in (and she knew so much) maybe it was her who had brought him up. Although it was just possible his clothes made him stand out just as easily.

Any other time, he might have preferred not to be bothered but there was something about the tone, the question, the politeness that got Newt to put down the paper he had found. Folding it, he motioned to the chair cross from him. "Be my guest." After all, it didn't pay to be rude and this young man was in some trouble unless Newt was mistaken. Of course that wouldn't be the first time.

Times up. He couldn't help but think as the man sat down, a thought that brought the slightest smile to his face before the return to seriousness. "What can I help you with?" Going with his feeling, he couldn't help but ask. A person in need was a person in need. Simple as that - even if creatures were preferred.

MITZI
PM
^
Kay Nielsen
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 04:10 PM

OC

Fantasyland

Angel on fire is online

25 years old / 11 posts

Kay Nielsen
play by the rules
but be ferocious
Kay had that fear that the man would simply tell him to go to hell when he asked for his attention. It would be his own fault, approaching people like that could make such a reaction but he was in desperate times. Kay wasn't well familiar with magic. He knew it exists, he even saw some magic in the past, but he was a knight. He was good with the sword and he left the magic to professionals. So now, because of that, he had no idea where to even start. He didn't know what kind of curse was that, not to mention how to broke it. He didn't know if it was in any books wizards in this world have ever seen, but he needed to start somewhere so this man seemed like the best option. Even if he can't help break the curse, he may know someone who could.

Anyway, the man was actually polite and Kay nodded his head gratefully. "Thank you for your time, sir" it may sound weird but Kay was a knight just a couple of weeks ago, he was not well familiar with slang people here use. Man, Newt, asked how he could help and Kay wondered how desperate he may look. Was it that obvious? But his question helped skip that awkward small talk before they get to the point so part of Kay was grateful.

"My Queen... She is cursed. Her curse is to be a swan during the day and only when the sun disappears, she becomes human again. And that repeats every day." He went on to explain trying not to sound like a total idiot. "I heard you are a wizard and that you know a lot about magical creatures... So I couldn't but wonder if you could help me break that curse." He finished and looked at Newt again.

PM
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 06:31 AM

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 54 posts

I'm not a fish out of water. I'm a duck looking for a very specific pond.

It wasn't customary for people to come to him for help. No, if anyone wanted a hero, he would have sent them in the direction of his brother. It was safe to say then that he was in an awkward spot - more than normal too! Still, even if it wasn't his natural state, the man did need help and he was very polite about it. That right there, was enough for a win in Newt's book but then again, he tended to at least attempt to be easy going. When it came to somethings anyway.

Newt listened to the young man's problem with an expression that grew more confused with every word spoken. Now this was one of the strangest things he had ever heard of in his life and that was saying something. Was the magic here that different? As much as he stubbornly continued to hide the fact that he was a wizard (habit of a lifetime) it seemed that most people didn't behave that way and then there was the simple fact that much of the magic was different. After all, whoever heard of someone being cursed to be a swan during the day? That was impossible where he came from. Sure there were a few spells for transformation and the Animagi but this was a whole different thing.

At first he had nothing to say, trying to take in the straightforward information he had been given. None of it even made a bit of sense but that seemed to be something that fit in well with this world of madness. The only thing he couldn't seem to understand was how he could help. Although he was pretty sure that he needed to have a talk with Queenie when it came to her telling other people about him and his background. Last thing he needed was someone getting curious about what he kept in his case.

"I've never heard of the magic you describe." Newt began, trying to select his words carefully. "I don't even know where to start." Honesty always seemed to be the best thing for it any other time. "However, I would be willing to try." Saying it aloud didn't instill himself with anymore confidence so somehow he doubted it would for the young man either. It didn't change the fact that he was willing to give it his best. Considering the woman was already cursed to be a swan, how much more could he really screw up? Dealing with the magic he knew was easier but there were times, like now, that he would just have to make the best of it in helping... Oh, wait. "I didn't get your name, Mister... eh?"

With no idea what he was getting into, and nothing to lose or gain from it, Newt only had one other question. "Now, what else can you tell me about this curse?"

MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine