You got any pumpkin pie?, First meeting HH
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 06:19 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

32 years old / 1381 posts

user posted image

Chris had finished up another late shift at the fire station. He was getting tired of being one of the only firefighters that had to stay back, but, none of the others seemed to care enough about the job.

For a place full of heroes, they don't really seem to be any.

There had been a string of random fires coming from an area not too far out of Seattle. And, they needed to see if there was a connection to some fires from the past ones in Hyperion Heights, since there was a similar situation in this town a few years ago, and, there was probably a pattern of some kind. Chris just wasn't sure what it was just yet. Chris had been staring at these papers, but, he soon found his eyes starting to drift off.

He had grabbed the papers that he had, and, he decided to head towards the diner for a coffee, or even a late night food run before heading home and going to bed for the next few hours. Keeping his hands in the pockets of his jacket, Chris soon reached a small diner not too far from the station coming up on his right.

Chris let out a soft sigh as he made his way inside the diner and went to a booth not too far from the front, and, rested his elbows on his counter as he glanced at the files hanging in his bag.

Emma Swan

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Emma Swan
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:06 PM
Emma Swan

is online

years old / N/A posts

Odette worked quietly on this hour of lull. It came every day around this time. It lasted about twenty minutes. But it was enough time to get the extras done. She cleaned the tables. She refilled the salt and pepper containers as well as the ketchup and mustard. She made sure the sugar and sugar packet boxes were filled.

Sure, this was technically her dinner break, but Odette needed the money. It seemed her boss always tacked 5 or 10 dollars extra onto her paycheck whenever she worked overtime. She did it every chance she could. She needed to. She had too. Soon she would have a second mouth to feed and clothe. Every extra penny would go to that little girl. Odette paused from wiping down the tables and looked down at her growing belly. She was seven or eight months along, maybe a little less. “How can I do this?” she whispered.

“It's not what I asked for…. Sometimes life just slips in through a back door… And carves out a person and makes you believe it's all true… And now I've got you,” she sang, gripping the table with one hand. With the other she cradled her belly. Eyes closed, she let out a sob. Odette didn’t feel like she could do this. She didn’t think she could take care of a baby. She could barely take care of herself.

The bell over the door chimed. “Just a moment,” she said. Wiping her cheeks and grabbing a menu, Odette waddled over to the booth. “Welcome to Fable Diner. I’m Odette and I’ll be your waitress today. Can I get you coffee, tea, or lemonade while you read our menu? Can I interest you in our pie of the day? It’s cherry.”

Neal Cassidy
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 05:39 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Continuing to sit in the booth, Chris moved his backpack closer to himself, and, just found his hand going to run over the files. Chris knew that what he was told had been right, there did seem to be some kind of connection between the fires here and the place not that far from this town, but, he wanted to be able to research in order to be completely sure. Which meant he would need to do probably another couple of late shifts. But, he probably wouldn't get his brain to focus enough to finish it tonight.

Chris moved his hand away from the bag, and, he just leant back, and, just ran the bottom of his jacket as he usually did this when he was nervous. Or when he wasn't quite sure what else to do. Chris wanted to just finish researching these fires, so that he could figure out the connection and hopefully help put some people's mind at ease by giving them some information about it.

Hearing someone walk up to his table, Chris went to look up, and, just gave a large smile. “Nice to meet you Odette.” Chris said, finding himself just staring at her, and, quickly stopping himself from just staring, just covering it up, by glancing around the Diner for a moment and then looking back at her. “Uh, I would love a coffee. And, pie does sound good. You don't have pumpkin pie do you?”

Emma Swan

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Emma Swan
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 06:46 PM
Emma Swan

is online

years old / N/A posts

Odette tore her gaze away from the man sitting in the booth. Staring was rude. It was hard not to, though. His dark hair was curliest hair she’d ever seen; it looked really soft. His arms and chest were chiseled with muscular strength. His were kind, but there seemed to be a hidden sadness behind the gaze. Yeah, Odette wanted to stare. It was as if a Grecian sculpture had come to life. You’re being as silly as a schoolchild, she scolded. He’d not see anything in you. Besides, he probably has someone in his life. He’s a ten. He surely has someone You don’t even know his name!

“So, um, your name? I don’t think I caught your name. I need it for the order pad,” she rambled. Well, that was really smooth – not. She was stumbling on her words. It was not professional at all. Speaking clearly was one of the requirements of the diner. If word got out she had sounded a bit foolish, well she might lose her job and she really could not risk that.

She met his gaze when he spoke to her. Man, he said her name with such beautifulness. It sounded like music to her ears. Her sadness from earlier was starting to ebb away while she was in his presence. “Yeah, it’s nice to meet you, too. Do you want anything in your coffee? Cream or sugar?” she asked, wondering why he stared at her. “We do. A fresh one should be coming out of the oven in about five minutes. Do you want whipped cream or ice cream?”

Neal Cassidy
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 08:12 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Chris looked away from the waitress. He had been raised better then that. But, she had the prettiest blonde hair he had ever seen, and, her eyes were a deep shade of hazel. Besides it was obvious that she was taken. I mean, she was pregnant, which meant that the baby obviously had a father in the picture. He wouldn't have a chance with someone like her anyway. His job was dangerous, and, even if he had a chance, he didn't want to put her through worrying about him when he went to go and fight a fire, and, the risk that he wouldn't come back.

"Um Chris. Chris Bacon." Chris said, lowering his head down as he let out a soft chuckle. Chris knew that sometimes people stumbled on their words when they talked to him, but, that was more because they had been panicking because loved ones were in the fire. He didn't hate it though.

Chris had to admit, her name was beautiful. It was like the Swan princess, and, he liked that too. It meant that they could be special if something came from this. Chris gave a large smile as he just kept looking at her. "Uh just some milk and sugar." Chris said, as he played with his hands for a moment. "Ooh ice-cream with pie would be delicious. Just like how it was at home."

Emma Swan

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Emma Swan
 Posted: May 30 2018, 05:09 AM
Emma Swan

is online

years old / N/A posts

She waited for his answers. She drummed her pen on the pad of paper a little, something for her hands to do. The pen didn’t make a whole lot of noise. It just kind of flopped up and down a bit and made the occasional tap, tap, tap. Behind her, Odette felt the manager glaring in her general direction. She stopped and holding the pen steady continued the wait (but now with added urge to move around). Odette knew shifting or pen tapping could be construed as rude, but pregnancy made her want to move; the baby seemed to urge Odette to move. The kid is going to be a runner, she thought, stealing a glance at her ballooning baby belly before looking at the dark-haired customer.

Odette snorted a little. That was the silliest name she’d ever heard. Did he realize it was a pen? He had too. It seemed too obvious. “I’m sorry. You’ve got a great name,” she apologized, scribbling his first name on the top of the paper. The diner didn’t require first and last names.

“Coming right up. I’ll put it on the side. I’ll be back in a jiffy,” she said, writing down the information. She stumbled to the back and the other waitress’s asked about him (he was cute after all). Odette chose not to answer as she cut a slice of pie, scooped ice cream, and poured coffee. Loading the food in its proper containers and placing it on a tray, she carried it back to the table. “Here you go. Do you need my number? Oh, I did not mean that. I mean do you need anything else?” Her cheeks turned bright red and she couldn’t look Chris in the eye as she placed his pie and coffee in front of him.

Neal Cassidy
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: May 30 2018, 10:00 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Chris waited for the response to his name, since he knew the drill, it was the same reaction everyone had. And, he nodded gently as he heard the same response. Chris just shook his head gently. "It's ok. I've heard it all before." Chris said, giving a quick smile in the woman's direction.

"Alright great. I'll be here." Chris raised his eyebrows before he watched the woman walk back to the kitchen. Chris smiled as he just looked at her for a moment. He did like her alot, but, obviously if she was pregnant then she was taken. And, Chris wasn't going to stand in the way of that. Hearing her come back, Chris looked back towards the front and just tapped his fingers on the table. "Thank you." Chris then let out a chuckle at the slip-up, while that was tempting, he did have some set of standards. "I think I'm good for now. I would ask that you join me for pie, but, you seem to be working."

Chris after watching her leave again, wrote something on paper for her which he slipped to her. "Read that after your shift." Chris said, giving a large smile before beginning to eat his pie. "Unless you will take me up on my offer and sit with me."

Emma Swan

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Emma Swan
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 05:06 AM
Emma Swan

is online

years old / N/A posts

Odette looked down and stared at her protruding belly and tried to think about the baby growing inside of her instead of the embarrassment. It was not working. Her cheeks blushed a vibrant scarlet. “I am sorry. I really am, Chris,” she said. “It wasn’t professional of me at all. It won’t happen again.”

Her job was to make customers feel at home. Giggling at a name didn’t do that. If her manager was here and he caught her, Odette would have been reprimanded at very least. At the most she could get fired. While this wasn’t her dream job, she needed it. This day was not going well, though. First she giggled at his name. Then, she stayed in the back longer than she should have cutting his pie just a little bigger than the usual slice and doling out a heaping scoop of ice cream. Then she slipped up and offered him her phone number. She tried to act like none of it phased her, but her cheeks still blazed in red embarrassment. “Thank-you for the offer, but I’m on the clock.”

She nodded as she took the paper. As she slipped it into her pocket, she noticed the fine outline of numbers. “All right. If you need anything, just flag me down,” Odette said. “Enjoy your pie and coffee.” Odette waddled off to take the order of a couple who’d just come in.

Neal Cassidy
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine