December Announcement!
Twin
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 10:09 AM

Dork

Admin

Twin is online

30 years old / 3060 posts

December 2017

The activity check for November has now been completed! While no main show canons were removed, a few non-show canons were, so go ahead and check out the taken canon list to see if there's anyone you'd like to pick up!

This month's activity check is very lax! All you need to do is post in the board that you're still around! Please also make sure your character's account has some kind of activity on it, even if it's just signing in once in a while! I would like to know you're still here by the end of the month. XD If you have any issues, please put up an away as usual! But we all know how busy this time of year can be, and I'm not going to ding you for having fun with your families, working, or anything else!

That being the case, the IC is open for all to use this month, no AC requirements needed!

I'd like to take a moment to blanket-welcome all our lovely new members! There have been so many lately that I simply can't list them all, but it's an honor to have you all with us and I hope each and every one of you enjoy your time here!

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE!

So to help with all the darkness that befell the town the last couple of months, various small Christmas events have been popping up all over town, to brighten the spirits of everyone in town in the wake of the Horned King's antics. While the threat of the Horned King rages on, that doesn't mean the town must give up on everything fun and bright! From dances to gatherings, to activities and events, everyone seems to be getting into the Christmas cheer!

If you would like to make a christmas event, just do so in the group plotting thread! I will make sure the event is put up in the new Christmas-themed mini event area for everyone to enjoy! Just Twin me in the group plotting thread in question or post in the board request thread if you would like a special place to RP for the holidays!

Speaking holiday group plots, we actually have two! The first is a site-run Secret Santa that will be running through the month! Sign ups for the event start now and end on Dec 8th so make sure you sign up if you're interested in playing! The event thread for this is here and will be open all month as well! ICly, the gift-giving party takes place on the 22nd!. There is currently also sign-ups for a Christmas party run by Chuckles! While there are no dates set for it yet, it's open for everyone to come to the Dragonfly Inn to enjoy!

But there are also some non-Christmas themed events being plotted out, too! If you'd like to participate or watch a Flash Mob, head over to em 'n' em's group plotter!

If you have a villain in need of some place to vent, why not head over to Athena's VA (Villains Anonymous) meetings? Might be a good place to get out all those bad feelings! This is run by the lovely KAT !, with a special thanks to Lithiasaur and Megan for its creation!

Remember, if you would like a group plot advertised here, just make sure you make a thread in the Group Plot board! It'll be up with the next month's announcement when you do!

The Horned King has landed! A massive castle has appeared in the middle of the forest by Storybrooke! It is a dark, broken down keep that looks long forgotten, but don't be fooled- there is very much something very evil lurking within! A new forum has been created for the castle, which you can find right here. The boards are open for characters to go and explore as you see fit, just keep in mind it may be booby trapped or you may run into the undead! Speaking of- with the emergence of the castle, the legions of the Horned King no longer stalk the town, and have fallen back to the keep to protect it. The Horned King is readying to take over this realm, and brave heroes (or perhaps even villains who dislike someone getting in on their action) need to stop him!

You may have noticed there are now caps on some of the more popular jobs in town. This is too prevent flooding and ensure things remind realistic. Granny's Diner doesn't need forty waitresses, and there are other places that DO need them you could have your character go to instead! Other jobs also capped for the moment include: Cops at the police station and nurses at the hospital! Don't worry, I'm sure you can come up with other jobs that will be just as rewarding!

Due to the recent influx of super hero characters, Sector 2814 is currently barred from any new character creation! This includes ALL super heroes, not just those from DC or Marvel! When the tides ebb, the realm will be re-opened for new characters to fall into Storybrooke! ICly, characters may still stumble into the realm itself if so desired! Sorry for the inconvenience!

In generic, always here news: please make sure you head over to the claims board and get any claims you haven't submitted taken care of! This includes job claims, face claims, and the member directory! Also- if you don't have an icon on your account, please get one up! It helps keep the site looking nice and fancy. If you need help, please PM me and I'll get that up for you! We also have some optional claims: Pet, Housing and IC birthday!

If you're dying to have a certain character on board, make sure your Wanted Ads are up to date! I go through and add characters people are looking for to my resource site/tumblr ads, so it's good to keep up on them if there's someone you're super interested in seeing! With the activity check now over, it seems like a good time to update!

Lastly- season six of Once has finished! The show comes out on DVD this month, I believe, so expect spoilers to be in the cbox from this point on! That said, season 7 is upon us! Since it's basically AU and not remotely connected to the board, I don't really FEEL like spoilers should matter much, but I will still ask that people be respectful if someone tells them not to talk about it. <3

A NOTE ON PHOTOBUCKET -- So, Photobucket is charging extortionate amounts to direct link with them now, meaning it would be in your best interest to MOVE YOUR PHOTOS to a new host! And I would suggest doing so ASAP if you haven't already, as photobucket is now DELETING everything that is direct linked! My suggestions are Nickpic or PostImage.io. They're both very good sites for hosting images!

-Twin

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine