Dog Vision, Tag;; Charlie
Spike
 Posted: May 9 2017, 03:55 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mysterious Islands

Twin is online

100+ years old / 31 posts

"Bloody Hell."

Spike groaned and sat himself up, rubbing the back of his head ruefully. Boy, was he glad he was a vampire, or that really might have hurt him. He eased open an eye, taking a peak around. He found he wasn't in the park anymore. Actually, it kind of looked like he wasn't anywhere he recognized. It was a forest, sure, but the trees looked more sloped and gloomy, like a stylized horror setting of some kind, and there was a thick fog billowing around the bases of the trunks. Something that hadn't really happened much in Storybrooke or Sunnydale.

Oh, and not to forget that the whole place seemed to be... without color? Or were his eyes just kind of messing with him? He looked at his own hands, only to find that, yeah, they were definitely grayer than he remembered them being, and that was from a guy who was dead and didn't have a lot of color to him on the best of days.

What the hell was going on? Had his eyes gotten something knocked loose because of the fall? The fall!

Now he remembered- he had fallen through another one of those damn portals. He had heard that magic rumble, but he hadn't managed to figure out where the portal was going to open up in time. He frowned, getting himself to his feet. He took a moment to clear the gray dust off his duster before having another look around.

He was pretty sure he hadn't been the only one to fall into that portal- surely someone else had come along for the ride, too. Now he needed to find them and then figure out how to get back to Storybrooke. He knew already that portals only seemed to open up between other realms and the small town, so as long as they found one they wouldn't end up hopelessly lost, right?

Just needed to jump in and they were back to where they started. Oh, why couldn't they have fallen through a portal into Sunnydale again?

"Anyone there?" he called, "if you need help, just give us a shout."

Charlie Bradbury
PM
^
Charlie Bradbury
 Posted: May 16 2017, 01:06 PM

Supernatural

Mysterious Islands

Bach is online

31 years old / 59 posts

A walk through the park sounded like a good idea at the time. It was well into Spring and the weather was a perfect temperature of not too cold and not too hot. No more snow covering the ground, not too wet from all the spring rains, yep, today was a good day for a walk. Charlie had high hopes for the day, not a lot of plans since Willow was busy at work, and school was out so nothing to do there, so she was just going to take the day as it presented itself to her. Perhaps in hindsight, maybe she should have tried harder to make plans, perhaps she should have opted for a walk in the forest or maybe down on the beach. Too bad hindsight was twenty/twenty for a reason.

Charlie's peaceful walk through the park had landed her smack dab inside a suddenly appearing portal. She'd heard that the portals worked both ways at times, landing other people in other realms looking for a way back to Storybrooke, but she'd yet to actually fall into one. She had travelled by them of course, but those two times it had been voluntary, and the only time travelling between realms had been involuntary had been due to a curse. This was strange indeed, she wasn't sure she much liked being tossed in. She had a death grip on her messenger bag, hoping to all that was white and fluffy that she wouldn't land on her laptop and break anything. Honestly she was more concerned with the electronics in her bag than she was herself.

As she crashed down to the ground with a thud on her backside, her bag clutched tightly in her arms, she just looked up at the sky, or what of the sky she could see through the trees and the prickle bushes she had somehow landed in the midst of. She was dazed at first, it took a few moments to realise something was off, everything looked, odd. A bit like she'd landed inside an old black and white film, was that even possible. She'd heard about a realm that had no colour, through stories from others in Storybrooke, but she wasn't sure she'd properly imagined it.

Suddenly she heard someone else calling out, a male voice. She struggled to stand up, but the prickles were snagging on her clothes and digging into her skin.

"Yea, uh, over here, I've landed in some prickle bushes, bit tangled up actually, could use a hand if you don't mind."

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Spike
 Posted: May 26 2017, 06:17 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mysterious Islands

Twin is online

Prickle bushes? What a name. Spike sighed and wandered over to the source of the voice, stopping in front of the young woman who seemed quite tangled. It was probably poor form to smile at someone who needed help, but that had never stopped the vampire before. He smirked as he looked at the woman, his arms crossing in front of his chest quite easily.

This wasn’t the time to be a jerk.

“Well,” he chuckled, “looks like the landing was better fer me than it was fer you!” He teased, his british accent light from his amusement. “Hows about I lend you that hand then, eh?”

He didn’t wait, moving forward to help her out of the bushes. While he might have been happy to mock people and laugh at their discomfort, his soul wouldn’t allow him to just leave it at that. Those days were gone. Now he had this unnatural compulsion to HELP people, despite being a vampire. And not just help, but do everything in his power, even when it meant endangering himself. Not that this case was going to get quite that far. At worst he was going to get some stickers clinging to his leather duster.

Working diligently, but carefully, he gently moved the branches back, getting them out of the way so she had a way to stand up. He didn’t want to be too eager and scratch her up with his sloppy work, so he took his time.

Also something he wasn’t really used to doing.

Once she was free enough to stand, he moved himself back and offered her a hand up, smiling faintly as he did so. It wasn’t the same kind of sarcastic grin that had been plastered on his face earlier. This one was kind, or at least as kind as the sharp angles of his face would present.

“You alright?” He asked lightly.

Charlie Bradbury
PM
^
Charlie Bradbury
 Posted: May 31 2017, 02:48 PM

Supernatural

Mysterious Islands

Bach is online

31 years old / 59 posts

She looked up as the man got over to her and she blew some hair out of her face, not that it made much of a difference. She was beginning to wish she had worn her hair up today, instead the fall through the portal and being stuck in the bushes had her hair all over the place like a crazy lady. Cute, he was trying to be funny, which didn't really bother her all that much, her own sense of humour could be a bit on the sarcastic and edgy side at times, but at this point she'd be much more ok laughing about it all once she wasn't getting scratched up in the bushes, and once she finally got a chance to really look around. From the bushes things looked odd, but it was shadowy there, and she wasn't sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her.

"Yes, let's laugh about this once I'm out of them and standing shall we....." As Spike moved to help her, she couldn't help but feel like there was something oddly familiar about the man. She knew she definitely did not know who he was, but there was something about the accent with the hair colour and the long black coat that just, felt like it should remind her of something, or someone, she really wasn't sure and was so turned upside down from the portal, couldn't be fussed to try and figure it out at the moment.

Once she was finally free of the bushes, or well very nearly free and taking the last step out of the bushes, her hand caught on one of the prickles and went in deep, she made some sort of ouch sound and her hand flew up to her face to look at her finger. She wasn't a big fan of the sight of blood, especially her own blood, but it was only a few drops. She poked at her finger, made an exasperated huff like sound, and then put her finger in her mouth. Then looked at the ringer again, not much blood, it was clotting fast, she shrugged and wiped her finger on her jeans.

"I've been worse, been better too so I guess that's not saying much, is it just me, or do we look funny. For that matter..........." She looked around, all around, even up at the sky..... "Does everything look funny or did I hit my head really hard and my eyesight is screwed up, where did all the colours go, oh god, I hope I'm not colour blind now, I love colours, being colour blind would suck.........." She sighed and then turned her attention back to the man that had fallen into the portal with her. "I'm Charlie by the way............ I guess if we are going to go get sucked into portals together, we might as well be on a first name basis...."

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Spike
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 10:14 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mysterious Islands

Twin is online

Spike smiled, watching the woman. She was a plucky one, if her attitude towards him was anything to go off of. Then again, he knew it probably wasn’t fun for her to be all tangled up in the bushes like that, so maybe that was adding to the amount of sass she was sending his way. Regardless, he was glad when she seemed to be free of the tangled mess of branches, though he could smell that she hadn’t escaped without a couple of small scratches, at least. Nothing to write home about, surely, but that really didn’t matter to the nose of a vampire.

Boy, he wished he had eaten before coming to this portal world! But how was he supposed to know that he would end up in this place without any means of warning? He sighed to himself, ignoring the scent of her blood, something he was very used to doing at this point, and focusing on helping her instead.

Being with the scoobies meant learning a certain amount of control. Having a soul, well, really put a stopper on any desire to feed off humans.

“Yeah... Looks like everything here is a bit... Off, doesn’t it?” He agreed, looking around., “gonna make knowing when the sun’s out a right bitch.” Maybe he wouldn’t burst into flames if everything was just... Gray. That would be a good thing, right? Then again, he had never been a particularly lucky vampire.

Better not to get his hopes up.

“Don’t worry, love, you’re not the only one seeing this. Looks like this whole place is color deficient. These bloody realms. Every one of them has to have some kind of shtick, doesn’t it?” He scoffed and rolled his head about his shoulders, trying to keep himself from getting too annoyed.

“I’m Spike,” he replied, “good to meet ya, Charlie... Now... Any clue on how we ought to be getting ourselves back, or should we start looking fer a nice gray house to settle into here?” After all, going through a portal had gotten him stuck in Storybrooke, right? Didn’t that mean they were now stuck in this dump of a realm, too?

Charlie Bradbury
PM
^
Charlie Bradbury
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 05:42 PM

Supernatural

Mysterious Islands

Bach is online

31 years old / 59 posts

Charlie looked up at the sky, maybe it would get a lighter grey or white during the day, but she had no idea of course, at this point she was more focused on the fact that either way this was a realm that neither of them were from, and in all honesty she'd rather be back in Storybrooke if it wasn't the realm she was originally from any way. She adjusted the strap on the small bag she had slung over her shoulders, it was sort of like a smaller version of her messenger bag she kept her laptop in. Only this one was smaller and only big enough for a few things and her iPad and phone. If they were lucky, and the whole crazy portals gone haywire situation, maybe they'd be able to find a portal and get back there. Though she also imagined the odds of one opening up in the exact spot it had dumped them was probably not that high, not that she was all that good with maths and probabilities.

"Well, let's hold off on the house hunting for now. Since I doubt a portal is just going to open up right here where we stand, cuz of course that would just be far too convenient, maybe we look around a bit. Get an idea where we are and what or who's around. Even if we aren't stuck here, we could be here hours or days before we find another portal, and I don't know about you, but I'm going to get hungry before then." In fact she was already a bit hungry, or maybe it was just psychological and because she was now thinking about food it tricked her stomach into thinking it was hungry, though it had been a few hours since she ate last.

The more she looked around as they started to walk, the more she felt like there was something oddly familiar about their surroundings. She'd been in Storybrooke for a few years now, met quite a few people, and somehow the more she thought about the world not having colour, the more it felt like she'd talked to someone from this realm, or someone who knew someone who knew someone from this realm. She couldn't remember who though, it was just like a glimmer, a sort of flicker of a memory fragment in her head that she couldn't shake but she couldn't fully recall either.

"Something familiar about this, like I don't know, maybe hearing someone talk about this realm once before, but gah, I wish I'd been paying better attention at the time, just never imagined I'd end up going to any more realms besides possibly home to the realm I'm from. Honestly after my trip to Oz, then the Enchanted Forest, then here, I'd really had enough realm travel for one lifetime, guess realm travel wasn't done with me though......."

Spike

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine