Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Two Worlds, [OPEN]
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 06:37 PM

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

they say seek and you shall find but I'm doing more chasing than anything

"Worse?" Newt asked. Really he hadn't been around enough young people in Storybrooke to know whether or not that was true. Somehow, considering the mess he had gotten himself into, he doubted Simba's claim. Although it was just possible that the man meant worse in terms of the change in the time. Muggles, after all, tended to get into different kinds of trouble than magical. Even if it wasn't all that different sometimes. "Can't say I do either." Honestly, he had been rather lucky his mother hadn't tried to wring his neck for select bits of trouble he had gotten himself into. But she had split his lip, that wasn't far off, even if she did apologize the second after and heal it for him. The fact she had done it at all spoke volumes.

He shook his head, "I've been in smaller towns but I've spent most of my time in London." As an adult anyway and before he started hopping across the globe. Storybrooke was still different than all that in so many ways. The fact that he wasn't in the 1920's anymore was also a big adjustment too! However, he wasn't sure if that was something he should discuss, not that Simba was blind to the fact that his clothes and everything was hardly on par with the times.

The fact that someone was actually interested in his travels, well other than Tina, was a treat. A smile was quick to form across his face and he nodded. "I did! Just a second now. Be back in a jiffy!" This he said as he set down the case again and disappeared into it like that was the most normal thing ever. After a few minutes, he came back out of the case with a photo album, after closing and collecting the case, he returned to Simba. The album creaked open, a small dust cloud coming from it. "Sorry, Africa. Bit dusty as you'd know." For once he was talking to someone who had been there. Although he really did need to take the time to clean the album out.

Flipping through a few pages of moving black and white photographs of the standard African animals as well as a few magical ones and trees, he stopped pointing at one image in particular. "There." Situated above two other photographs of giraffes who were currently eating from an Acacia tree, was a picture of a female lion yawning and sunbathing on a rock. Despite the lack of colour of the image, it was easy to see that her pelt was not the standard. "I was able to get rather close. It was all very exciting." Although most people didn't say that considering the size of the lioness' teeth but he wasn't most people.

If only he had more photographs of things than he did. However, after the loss of that third camera in the middle east, they were getting far to expensive to replace. Sketches were all he had of some places and creatures. Much more affordable anyway, even if he did enjoy photographs. Although for some reason it had yet to dawn on him that Simba more than likely hadn't seen moving pictures before but that was a realization for later.

In regards to Pride Rock, Newt nodded. "I must have missed it. Didn't spend much time in towns." Unless it was the odd visit to a market or to talk to the locals about certain magical creatures. For the most part he had kept himself to himself and that had been perfectly fine.

MITZI
PM
^
Simba Leone
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 02:06 PM

The Lion King

Critter Country

Mel is online

33 years old / 47 posts

Simba knew it was probably the way the teenagers’ parents raised them. Just wished they had better manners. That is what some of them were lacking really. Even at school he had to send some of them to the office just because of bad behavior. No wonder his father wanted to make sure he had the right discipline and he did the same to Kiara. He knew it was not out of hate, but out of love and manners went a long way. ”You’d be surprise what comes out of their mouths,” he said with a shake of his head.

London. That was a bit far from here. Across the pond they say. That would explain the accent he gathered. He just did not want to assume anything though that would be rude. Though he too was across the pond if you really think about it. Being from Africa and came through a portal. Yeah that was getting to technical and he was not about to open that can of worms right now. ”I see, what is London like? I have heard stories about Big Ben,” he asked. He also heard of the change of the guard and that sort of thing.

Tilting his head as Newt even disappeared in the case of his. How was that possible? Okay he knew that magic existed here so that could explain it. As Simba waited he went to lean on a nearby tree and wondered if Nala would believe him, if he told her he made a friend that could sit in a case and disappear. After a while he saw Newt coming back and went to stand up straight once more to see the dust on Newt, ”Yeah Africa is a bit dusty and wild with its dust storms,” he said. He had a few run ins with that. Especially travelling back to the pride lands and it was a wasteland.

Glancing at the photos that Newt had brought back with him. Seeing the giraffes and smiled he had missed the African plains. Then he saw the next picture and that was incredible to hear that Newt had gotten that close to the lioness, ”That is a great photo, and captured her nicely,” he said and studied it better to see in fact it was a white lion.

”Maybe next time you’re there you’ll have to stop by,” he offered. Although he was here and not there it was still nice to look at. And Newt was not an outsider so he trusted him that he would not cause any damage to the pridelands.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by the amazing Bach!<3
PM
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 12:41 PM

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

"I see." Newt could at least understand that, if but a little. He had noticed manners on some adults had slipped away so it was easy to see how that would also be the case for their offspring. At the very least, he knew that even at his current age his mother would have no objections about washing his mouth out with soap. Although at the rate things were going at present, it was also just as possible that she'd kill him considering he was staying with a woman he wasn't married to. Separate everything didn't count in his mother's eyes and he was well aware of that.

The talk of what had become his home was still nice, heads and tails different than where he was now. "Busy mostly. Lots of people, noise, and traffic. Rains quite a bit." And for whatever reason, he missed that. He even missed that not-quite-a-rain but too-much-to-be-a-mist sort of weather. Although that also could have been the simple fact that being able to go back meant that they weren't trapped anymore. So, he was a bit homesick when he thought about it, even traveling as much as he had.

"Think only the tourists really care about Big Ben though." Newt remarked in a pleasant sort of way. "It chimes all the time, you get used to it." But after traveling the world in much quieter places once he had gotten back to London, he was really starting to hate that particular clock. "Worth seeing nonetheless, even if it is just once." Alright so he didn't want to taint Simba's view of Big Ben or any of those other things muggles thought were worth seeing. Of course, some wizarding families felt the same. Personally, he got far more of a rush off things that were less mundane and often less safe.

Newt nodded, "Yes, I got trapped by a dust storm once when I was tracking erumpents in Nigeria." That had been a problematic storm, one that the locals commented as odd. Something they hadn't seen before in those parts. Thankfully he had survived but magic helped and eventually gave him the often lovesick erumpent currently living in his case. That had been such a nice trip despite everything. Although compared to the Sudan everything was better. Really he didn't even care to think about it.

At least there were happier memories saved within the photographs before them. "Yes, it was ever so kind of her to let me get so close." That was part of the charm of the picture. It wasn't taken at a distance like so many others. "Must have known I wasn't a threat." Or it was ever so possible, he just had a way with large cats.

He couldn't help but smile at the invitation, "I'd like that. I have a creature to return to her native land, whenever leaving here is an option." Was it ever going to be an option? "It would sweeten the trip." It wasn't that he was heartbroken to return creatures back where they belonged but it didn't make him miss them any less. Some had been through hell and back and there was always that damage she had done in New York when she had escaped. Memories he'd never forget.

The photo album still in his hand, he flipped through it. Happy to distract himself with the past rather than having to say goodbye to a creature he had grown rather fond of. "Oh, and here's a nice one of a cheetah." He pointed. "And one of a warthog... Oh, wait that's the young tebo." He turned the page, "Just as I thought, there's the mother." After that the photos stopped with several blank pages to spare. "She charged and broke my camera." Newt explained. That had been some afternoon.

MITZI
PM
^
Simba Leone
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 10:26 AM

The Lion King

Critter Country

Mel is online

33 years old / 47 posts

Simba nodded towards Newt and was glad for days like these when he did not have to be constantly telling the students to mind their manners. Their parents could do that just wished they could do it more often. Guessing school was the only way they could get the discipline which he found that to be quite sad if he were to be honest.

Lots of people? More than Storybrooke he was guessing it being a small town and all. Busy was common around the country, but the noise and traffic he was not sure he could handle that. Rain was nice, but to visit somewhere when it was raining made it hard to enjoy. He could maybe figure out how to make the most of it, if he ever went to visit London. He’d surely make it a family vacation.

”I will surely put it on my to do list as a family.” he replied with a smile. Though he could understand where you would get used to something like that if you lived there. That was like he was used to the heat of Africa and people complain about it often. Just depends on your ideal of heat. Travelling was on the list anyway and why not London? One of these days.

That did not sound good that Newt himself got trapped in one. Making a face just the thought of it, just glad that he had made it through. ”I am glad you survived not many do,” he replied, ”Did you happen to track down the erumpents?” he asked. Hoping that his trip was not all for nothing after that horrible dust storm he was caught in.

”Most cats even big cats can sense danger, so must be the reason,” Simba said in agreement with Newt about the lioness not seeing him as a threat. Lioness attacked more than lions really. Since they did most of the hunting. Knowing at priderock it was different and they did everything as a family, just some did it that way.

Wishing that were an option down the line. Right now it was a waiting game. Nodding towards Newt with his own smile, ”One of these days I am sure it would be…depends on the barrier around the town,” he told Newt. At least with the travelling back he would not mind being the tour guide. He would be a lion but at least he would not attack Newt since they were getting to know each other and he did not think he would betray him at least he would hope he wouldn’t betray him. Simba already had to deal with Scar. ”You’d have your personal tour guide if you ever do get the chance,” he said.

Looking back to the photos and saw the cheetah and smiled then saw the warthog as he tilted his head. He knew Pumbaa and that was not a warthog until Newt corrected himself. That sounded better. ”They can be easily confused I have a friend who is a warthog,” he said and shook his head hearing that the mother had charged and broke the camera, ”At least you got out of there safe, I mean a charging mother is no laughing matter,” he said. Cameras can be replaced.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by the amazing Bach!<3
PM
^
Newt Scamander
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 01:14 PM

Other Realms

Locque is online

29 years old / 101 posts

Ironically despite the danger of a dust storm, Newt had been in far worse situations. Some creatures really had been less pleasant to work around than others and nearly having his neck on the chopping block was pretty much the top of the danger scale. The dust storm for him had been a matter of inconvenience although for the erumpents it had proved fatal. "Yes." He replied, quietly. "Only one survived the storm." The hours it had taken with both magical and good old fashioned digging to get her free of the enclave she had gotten herself trapped in were beyond count. Sometimes he still couldn't believe she even managed to survive after that. "She's fit as a fiddle now." And thankfully in the case and not out terrorizing Storybrooke in search of romance.

He nodded in understanding. "Everything depends on whether we can ever leave." Something that he didn't entirely like the idea of but there was nothing for it. He, just like everyone else, was trapped there against his will. Maybe they'd be freed some day. As much as he enjoyed seeing Tina every day (and not in the course of being arrested!) getting back to his own time and place, well, that was something he did want. At least for the sake of his creatures that did need to go back where they belonged. The pictures of his African adventure, or rather part of it, were a nice distraction though. A trip down memory lane as it were. Some of the amazing things that he had seen and wouldn't trade for anything.

Newt couldn't help but be a little confused, or was that surprised? Either way, a question danced on the end of his tongue for a moment or two before he finally decided to ask the one thing that was bothering him. "How do you know so much about magical creatures?" Alright, maybe not the best question in the world to just blurt out there but it had to be asked. Never had Newt met a muggle that was so in the know. Honestly the young man wasn't even freaked out by the moving pictures so obviously something was going on. Maybe he had some sort of ties to the magical community, being a king and all. Or there was always that case that someone along the way had married into it. After all, that wasn't unheard of.

MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine