32 years old / 1224 posts

This isn't over
I'll see both of you again
'Neal, I'm sorry.'
'Don't be, you gotta get our boy the hell outta here.'
'And you have to go back there.'
'Yeah I do'
'Hey. This isn't over. I'll see both of you again.'

Neal may be back in this land, but, this wasn't his home anymore. It had stopped being his home a long time ago. He may have been born here, but, he had grown up out there, without his parents and with this life behind him.

And, now he was stuck here in this town again. Without Emma and Henry, who were his family, and, he didn't even have his father here with him. Because he had watched him die.

Neal knew that Snow and Charming had wanted him to go back to their kingdom with them, but, he had decided not to. Everyone who he tried to have a life with had ended up hurt or alone in the end, and, he didn't really want to put anyone else through that.

Sitting in this tavern, Neal adjusted the shawl that was around him. These clothes as an adult felt weird to him, but, he assumed he would get used to it. Well, until he found a way back to Emma and Henry in that world.

Neal didn't really want anyone to find him in here, but, he didn't exactly know many places around this Forest anymore. So he didn't know who frequented where. Neal knew that he wasn't in Snow's kingdom, he was in the village that he had been living in as a kid. Because it was all he knew.

Hearing someone else enter the Tavern, Neal didn't really look up, he just stayed with his arms leaning against the counter, keeping his hands around the glass in front of him.

"Another barkeep." Neal said, as he gestured to the man behind the counter, not really looking up as the person who entered the tavern before made their way next to him.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Regina Mills
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 02:34 AM
Regina Mills

is online

years old / N/A posts

It's not our price. It's mine I have to say goodbye to Henry Casting the curse to create Storybrooke had been easy, but reversing that very same magic to wipe the town out of existence had been heart-wrenching. Since adopting her son, Regina had built a better life for herself in the land without magic. Many (including herself) still pegged her down as a villain; but her attempts to keep Storybrooke and its inhabitants safe had made her seem more tolerable in the eyes of several townsfolk. Despite her desire to be good and to gain the people's acceptance, her latest selfless act had cost her more than just her reputation. All magic comes at a price; and for the curse to be reversed Regina had to give up her most precious treasure to date. Her son. If it hadn't been for her past mistakes, both Emma and Henry could have gone home with them.Once everyone was back in the Enchanted Forest, Regina felt more segregated than ever. Snow White wanted to reclaim her father's Kingdom, and she believed that the only way to give people hope was for them to return united. The Queen was less than thrilled, but after everything that she had put them through she realised that joining forces with the Charmings was her only choice. Her heart constantly ached for Henry; and although she tried to quench the pain by ripping it out of her chest, Snow convinced her that things would only get better with the organ beating fiercely inside her. Which was just as well, because a mere few days later Regina met the man who was destined to be her true love. Despite the chemistry between her and Robin Hood, she refused to acknowledge her feelings towards him. Her heart was still raw from losing her son, and Regina was not ready to open up her emotions to a stranger… to a thief, no less. However, no matter how hard she tried she still found herself pivoting in his direction - and that's how Regina, a Queen, found herself entering a tavern. Casting a glance around the ale room she was disappointed that Robin was not there, and she was about to turn around when she heard Neal's voice coming from the bar. With no where to go and with no one at the camp site particularly keen on her company, Regina approached the counter. She sat down next to the younger man and cleared her throat to gain his attention ♛ Notes: tag Neal Cassidy credits .redhandtemp { position: relative;font-family:'Roboto Condensed',sans-serif; width:375px; margin: 0 auto 30px; padding:20px; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7160153/pic/furley_bg.png); border:5px solid #FFF; box-shadow:0 0 0 1px #E7E7E7; } .redhandtemp img { max-width:375px; display:block; margin:0 auto 30px; border:5px solid #FFF; box-shadow:0 0 0 1px #E7E7E7; } .redhandtemp h1, .redhandtemp h2, .redhandtemp h3 { font-weight:normal; margin:0; padding:0; line-height:1em; text-shadow:1px 1px #FFF; } .redhandtemp h1, .redhandtemp h3 { font-size:13px; font-family:'Monda', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:0.2em; margin:0 0 -5px; color:#474747; } .redhandtemp h2 { color:#842521; border-bottom:1px solid; margin:0 0; height: 21px; line-height: 25px; } .redhandtemp h2 span { background-image: url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7160153/pic/furley_bg.png); padding:0 15px; text-transform:lowercase; position:relative; top:8px; font-size:22px; font-family:'Great Vibes',cursive; } .redhandtemp h3 { letter-spacing:0.05em; margin-top:16px; }.redhandtemp p { color: #333; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; padding:0 10px; }.redhandtemp p:last-of-type { margin-bottom:30px; } .redhandtemp p:first-of-type { margin-top:42px; } .redhandtemp b,.redhandtemp q { color:#9F2F2B; font-weight:normal; text-shadow: 1px 1px #FFF} .zeddit { position: absolute; bottom: -30px; left: 0; right: 0; }
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:54 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

Making the decision to leave Emma all those years ago had been hard enough for him to make once. Having to face the fact that he had to leave not only Emma, but, his son this time around had been something he didn't want to make, but, this time he hadn't had any choice or say in whether he got to stay with them or not. Neal may be back in this land, but, this wasn't his home like it had once been. This Forest had stopped feeling like his home a long time ago, and, now he didn't even have his father with him. The smallest amount of home he had managed to have in this land, and, it felt like he had abandoned him all over again.

Once they had ended up back in this land, Snow and David had pretty much already had a plan. But, all Neal had asked was for them to stop by his father's castle, but, they hadn't even allowed him to do that. It was his way of trying to figure out how to make his heart feel better. The castle may have been Snow and Charming's home, but, that other castle had been his father's, and, they didn't think that he wanted to have that connection or feeling that his father was with him, before he could find a way to get back to Emma and Henry. And, even if he couldn't, at least he could learn more about his father's life here once he left. But, they hadn't seemed to understand that, continuing to hold onto hope was hard for someone like him, who had lost everything he ever cared about in the span of 10 minutes, and, he had nothing else here to actually give him some kind of hope or happiness.

Neal also wasn't ready to admit that he had left in order to protect the last speck of family he had left. Everytime he had wanted to make a family or settle down with someone, they ended up getting hurt or in trouble, he wasn't going to let that happen again. This tavern was the same one that he had been in when he had last seen his mother, when he and his father went to bring her home. He gestured to the bar tender to bring him another one of ale. Neal heard someone sitting down beside him, and, didn't pay much attention until he heard them clear their throat. Turning towards them, Neal spotted it was Regina “Hey Regina.” Neal said, giving a quick smile.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Regina Mills
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 04:19 AM

Snow White

Enchanted Forest

Marti is online

38 years old / 32 posts

It's not our price. It's mine

I have to say goodbye to Henry

When she had first seen Neal and made the decision to join him by the bar, the Queen did not quite know what to say to him if he chose to acknowledge her presence. Then he looked at her with his soft eyes and a smile, and Regina blurted out the first words that came to mind. “I am sorry,” she intoned genuinely, “If I could take everything back I would.” Her arms were folded over the counter top, and looking away she shifted them to hide her face in her hands. Every step she had taken as an evil monarch had led to this very moment. She was the cause of so many people's pain. Only before she did not care for anyone but herself; and now that very same thought haunted her day and night.

Since his arrival to Storybrooke, Neal had been nice to her. He had known all along who she was and the terrible things she had done, but unlike many before him he had given her a true chance to redeem herself. Regina had never met Neal before that moment, and maybe that had helped placate any anger that he might have felt towards her actions. All he seemed to care about was the love she had given to his son, Henry. However, she feared that was about to change. Her sins had cost them both Henry, who by now had surely forgotten all about either of them. The thought made her heart ache, and lowering her arms she stared at the wooden surface in front of her.

Regina wished to make amends - despite the fact that Neal had never once pointed his finger at her, the Queen's guilt was eating away at her. The only way she knew how to do it, was to convince the Charmings to make the detour to Rumplestiltskin's Castle for Neal's sake. He needed closure and she was determined to at least give him that much. Glancing at the drink in his hand she commented softly, “I think I am going to need one of those.” She then called the bartender over and asked for the strongest spirit they had in stock. The older man nodded his head, and within seconds placed a glass of amber liquid in front of Regina.

Notes:

tag Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 01:37 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

I'll see both of you again

Neal zoned everyone else out as he sat by the counter at the tavern. All he wanted was his family back, but, that wasn't possible thanks to his grandfather, and, in some ways Regina too. Neal glanced at her, with the sadness and loss in his eyes. “So am I.” Neal said, feeling his palms turn into fists as they rested on the counter. “Well you can't. No-one can.” Neal rested his hand around the glass before downing it. It was how he had dealt with this stuff before, back in New York, he had been able to drink it away. Drink away all the pain he had felt, and, the realisation that his father had finally found him again. Of course back then he hadn't cared, but, now he missed the man.

Neal had never had anything against Regina since the moment he got to Storybrooke. But, that was only because he hadn't been affected by any of the stuff that she had done. But, now sadly it did affect him, in one of the worst ways possible. He did like that she had given his son a family, something that he had never had. But, thanks to that curse, he not only had to say goodbye to Emma a second time, but, his son this time soon. Now, Emma still hated him, thinking that he had left her in prison, and, Henry couldn't remember him, or anything that he did for him at all. These thoughts caused him to drink the rest of the ale in the glass.

He was the one who had never held anything against Regina, but, he was the one who needed to pay as big of a price, besides her of course. All he truly wanted was closure, by visiting his father's castle, and, being able to move on with his life, but, Snow and Charming couldn't even allow him that. Neal ran his hand over the mug, as he just glanced down at the counter and his hands. Neal nodded gently before he looked down at the bar-tender. “Another one for me too bar keep.” Neal said, as he put a mug in front of Regina, and, he finished the one he currently had.

Regina Mills

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Regina Mills
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 04:33 AM

Snow White

Enchanted Forest

Marti is online

38 years old / 32 posts

It's not our price. It's mine

I have to say goodbye to Henry

No sooner had the Queen blabbered her words, the softness in Neal's eyes turned into sadness. The pain and sorrow now reflected in his gaze made her shrink in size, and Regina felt even guiltier than before. “You are right. None of it can be undone – but if there's a way to take us back I will find it,” she promised. Now, sitting with her hands covering her face, Regina inhaled sharply. Even though she could not see his actions, the brunette could hear her friend guzzle down the drink. Alcohol was a counter-productive solution, but she was guilty of spiralling down that very same road many times – and therefore, chose not to comment.

Instead, she reached for her drink and cradled it between her hands. “I have been to his castle many times. It's impressive,” she commented. As the bartender approached the pair with Neal's mug, Regina paused long enough for him to place the ale in front of her friend and move further down the counter. “It's a complete history of his life. The good and the bad,” she warned him. Her expression then softened and she turned to look at Neal with a smile, “One of the bedchambers was built especially for you.” Regina sipped her alcohol, thinking of the many times she had spied on Rumple while he mourned his son in that very same room.

Notes:

tag Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 04:22 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

The truth was Neal hadn't felt the sadness of everything hit him all at once since he left Neverland. He had built his walls up for a reason, but, now the alcohol was making them break down. That much he knew. Hearing Regina's words, he admittedly had hope, but, knew that hope usually led to it never happening. Neal just ran his mug through his hands while he sat by the tavern. “Yeah. But, look at how long it took my father. They probably won't be around by then.” Neal said. He knew that he had made a promise to his son, and, Emma that he would see them again, and, he would keep it. He just needed some idea of where to start. He didn't like feeling the pain, the last time everything had hit him all at once, he had just used alcohol, so he was doing that now. It was a good way to forget everything else. And, it wasn't like he had anything to live for at this point anymore.

Neal took another sip of her drink as he heard Regina mention his father's castle. “Well at least one of us had. The only time I ever got a chance to see it, was the last time I had to get to Emma and Henry in Neverland. Even then it was brief.” Neal said, giving a soft sigh, remembering what he had seen of the castle. He gave a gentle nod as the bar-tender placed the new glass in front of him. “Well, yeah there was a good mix of that in his life. But, that castle wasn't actually where it began.” Neal just leant on his elbows as he glanced towards his friend. “It would be nice to see. To build that connection, or at least get the closure with my father. Too bad Snow and Charming won't let me make a detour there.”

Taking another sip of his ale, Neal decided to change the subject for a moment. “You know I was in this tavern the last time I saw my mother.” Neal said as he leant sideways against the counter. “She was sitting right over there. Drinking with Hook and his men.” Neal pointed before turning back to Regina. “I was 5 years old at the time.” Neal hadn't seen that clearly in his head in a while, but, being back in this village was bringing all of the childhood stuff back.

“I came back to this village. In an attempt to remember what my life had been like. It's really all I've got left here. Is memories, memories of this village. My father in his pre-Dark One days. He wasn't always a bad guy. But, everyone was too scared of my father to see it.” Neal took another sip before looking at Regina. “So to sum all this up, the two people I love most in the world are long gone, with either bad memories of me or none at all. My father sacrificed himself, and, I'm not even allowed to see where he lived here. And, I have to come to this booze stench filled tavern, to learn anything about my mother.”

Neal then held his hands around the mug, and, looked at Regina. “I'm bad luck Regina, everyone who ever wants to get close to me, or I choose to care about either ends up in trouble or leaving because of a better option. It's proven I'm not worth it. So do yourself a favour and stay away from me. Save us both some time.” Neal then finished off his drink, before standing up and making his way over towards some men playing dice on one of the tables at the back.

Regina Mills » Sorry my muse kind of got away from me here.
love, libby

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine