Ariel
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 05:06 PM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

YOU REALLY KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT MERMAID MYTHOLOGY DO YOU?
Ever since that queen Regina had cursed her, Ariel had been afraid to go back to Atlantica. Since she knew her father would be ready with the I told you so's and the parent speech he always does. And, her sisters would be no help either.

The only people who might've understood were Sebastian and Flounder, but, even with them word would still get back to her father at the castle. So, the safest bet was never to go back at all. No matter how much she missed them.

After moping around for a while, Ariel decided she wasn't going to let having no voice stop her from trying to find Eric anyway. She could express her love in other ways then voice couldn't she? There had to be something else out there.

Even if it didn't work she would have at least tried to do it. But, if anything she may meet some new people, who may have known Eric through his travels. And, she could find out where exactly he sails to. And, she could find him anyway. Or get a message to him, which she wasn't sure would even work, or get to him. Because she knew the seas well enough.

Ariel didn't know how long she had been travelling through the seas. But, soon she ended up through another sea portal, and, she surfaced. An excited smile was on her face, but, it slowly faded as she couldn't see ships anywhere around.

Maybe this wasn't where he'd gone. But, she swum closer to the shore anyway, and, she rested her arms against the sand of the shore. Just resting her chin against her hands as she let her thoughts and memories of Eric wander.

### words || notes here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 12:45 PM

King Arthur/Connecticut Yankee

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 50 posts

Tag Ariel
Past, Camelot
CREDIT

Life had not been easy since his wife had died and left him with a daughter to raise all on his own, in a realm that wasn't even technically his home. He'd nearly lost track of how long he'd been here, twenty years or more now, or at least going on twenty years since he'd found himself in a strange land, having fallen through a portal. It had finally felt like home after he fell in love and they had a baby girl, until magic tore his wife from their lives. He felt like he wasn't ever going to get over her, the love of his life, but it didn't matter, he had a daughter who depended on him, needed him and he was a trusted knight of the round table, with duties, life had to go on, even if every day he felt like he was drowning in grief that never ebbed.

Hank had been out all morning on a patrol for Arthur all morning and into the afternoon, he was glad for the distraction really, but as the day wore on, he was craving some time by himself. He knew he had Violet waiting for him back in Camelot, but he was only a couple of hours ride away, and she was with the neighbours being looked after. He decided to break from the group on the way back and headed down to the seaside.

His wife had loved the sea, even though she'd never actually gone out on it, or even swam in it for that matter. He'd met her on the beach years ago when he was feeling lost and vulnerable, unsure how he was going to make a life in Camelot, unsure how he was going to survive, feeling scared and alone, and there she was, a light in his darkest moments in Camelot. He'd like to say it had been love at first sight, and to be honest he wasn't entirely sure, but he did know that thanks to her he had wanted to become a man worthy of her, a knight, someone that could protect her like she deserved. In the end it hadn't mattered, he could do a lot of things, but how did anyone fight against magic.

When he got there, he didn't pay much attention at first to the edge of the shore, he was looking off at the horizon as he walked along deep in thought, then he suddenly saw movement out of the corner of his eyes and stopped, his hand went to the hilt of his sword, but once he realised it was a girl, er, well half girl, half, fish? Either way he relaxed and took his hand away from the hilt and moved a bit closer, he couldn't tell what she was doing beyond just laying there, he tilted his head slightly and cleared his throat.

"Uh, are you all right, do you need help with something?"

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ariel
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 04:47 AM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

YOU REALLY KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT MERMAID MYTHOLOGY DO YOU?
Ariel didn't know how much time had passed, but, she knew that her thoughts were wandering and filling with memories of everyone that was close to her. The images weren't just of Eric and Snow, but, they ended up being of her family with her father, and, her six older sisters. She missed them, but, now she just couldn't go home. The only person who would understand would be her mother.

When the thoughts ended up going to her mother, Ariel's gaze went down to the locket that she wore around her neck. It was the last thing that she had gotten from her mother before she died. It had been given to her and each of her sisters, so that it would connect them even when they were seperated from each other. Like now for example. But, at least with these necklaces, they would be able to find each other later on in their lives.

As she let her thoughts wander, Ariel couldn't help, but, let her mind go back to that dark place Neverland. Maybe she would've been better off staying in that place Neverland, and, then no-one would have had to go through what they had because of her. Eric wouldn't have needed to feel a sense of betrayal, by her not showing up. And, Snow wouldn't have come close to being caught by Regina, but, luckily she had gotten away. But, at the same time, she knew that this stuff had probably all happened because it was the way it was meant to.

Coming out of her thoughts, Ariel leant against her arms on the sand, as she looked around. This place was bigger then she pictured it would be. She didn't know where this place was, but, it was definitely to Atlantica, and, all the other places she had been. Ariel knew that she was probably not going to be able to talk to anyone at this point, or rather she knew she wouldn't be able to. But, she just needed a place to stop and think.

Her gaze went up as she heard someone speak to her. She tilted her head in his direction, and, wanted to say something, but, she knew it wasn't going to be possible. So instead she grabbed a stick, and, decided to try and scratch something in the sand for answers to his questions. Ariel just shrugged in a response right now, before writing the words

'I'm Ariel. Where am I?”

### words || notes here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 03:22 PM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 50 posts

Tag Ariel
Past, Camelot
CREDIT

Hank couldn't help but feel like every time he was getting used to this realm, this world, the idea of magic being real and all sorts of oddities, and now he was face to face with not just a mermaid, but a mermaid who apparently had no voice. Well, at least she could write, so he had some idea what she was saying. Though it brought back a very old memory of his childhood, when he was in his own realm, and there had been a deaf child in his school that used sign language to communicate. Hank had picked up a bit, though he doubted sign language was the same in other realms.

"Well, Lady Ariel, you are near Camelot, I'm not sure if that helps, are you lost?" He'd never seen a mermaid before, he'd heard about them of course, in his realm in stories, and here in this realm stories as well, though stories that were real tales and not fairy tales in children's books. He wasn't sure what help he could be, maybe she had meant to be somewhere else, or was looking for someone. One thing he did know was that she was proving to be a nice distraction from his darker thoughts of missing his dead wife. He knew that if his wife were alive, she would want him to help the young girl if he could, and that was the knight's code was it not, to help others, to be valiant and all that.

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ariel
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 08:10 PM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

All of the times Ariel had come up here it had been in order to attempt to prove to her father they aren't as bad as he thought they were. Up until that recent moment with Regina, Ariel had actually been right. But, now she just couldn't go back home and hear her father and sisters say 'I told you so'. Ariel knew that she now had to find Eric, and, tell him how she felt without any way to verbally say it, and, with no clue where his ship had ended up or sailed off to.

At the man's response, Ariel tilted her head, and, then let out a silent sigh and rubbed out the message in the sand before writing her next answer. 'I don't know. I'm looking for someone specific.' Ariel wasn't sure if this man was going to understand why she wasn't talking, it wasn't that mermaids couldn't speak human language, but, she physically or verbally couldn't say a word. A lot of people didn't have any knowledge about mermaids, just as mermaids had little knowledge about humans. Which is why she needed to go portal hopping if she was ever going to find her beloved Eric. Hopefully the humans would be willing to try and help her.

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 06:54 AM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 50 posts

Tag Ariel
Past, Camelot
CREDIT

Someone specific, well that didn't really narrow it down all that much. Of course, at least he had been in Camelot for awhile now, long enough to meet someone, fall in love, have a child and watch his wife die because of magic, something he was powerless to stop; but he knew more people. Plus since becoming a knight of the round table, he had travelled quite a bit to some neighbouring kingdoms, which might also come in handy with helping her find someone. Though he'd need much more to go on than just 'someone specific', a name perhaps, what kingdom they were from, even a physical description could help, or at least what gender she was looking for.

"Well, Lady Ariel, I would dearly love to be of more assistance to you, but I'm going to need more to go on. A name perhaps, a description, where they were last seen maybe, what kingdom they are from?" He paused, and realised he hadn't properly introduced himself yet. "Excuse me, where are my manners, I am Sir Morgan, at your service Lady Ariel." This should be interesting, he'd never imagined he'd ever be in a situation to assist a mermaid before, let alone one that seemed to have no ability to speak, something he was quite curious about, though he wasn't sure if it would be polite to ask since they'd barely just met. He didn't want to be rude after all.

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ariel
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 02:05 AM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

Ariel knew that she probably wasn't giving much detail, but, really how much could she give when she didn't have a voice and had to write everything down. It took a lot longer then one would think. But, hopefully this man was able to follow with what she was saying, even if she wasn't saying it very fast. She also hoped that this man was one of the locals, and, would have a knowledge of who exactly was in this land, or had visited it. Ariel really wanted to find her Eric, and, say how she feels. But, Regina had made it hard, and, now she had nothing but the whole ocean to search. And, no voice to say anything. Ariel knew that this man was probably going to need more information if she was going to get any herself.

At the man's words, Ariel nodded gently before picking up her stick again and once again pulling herself up onto the sand a bit more. Nice to meet you Sir Morgan. She then smiled again before writing a second message in the sand. His name is Eric. He's a sea captain from the Maritime Kingdom back in the Enchanted Forest. I was hoping he had sailed his way here or past here Ariel wrote, knowing that this was probably another long shot. But she had to try. It was all she truly had in any land.

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: May 4 2017, 10:55 AM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 50 posts

Tag Ariel
Past, Camelot
CREDIT

Hank paid attention to not just the details she was writing in the sand, but to her facial expressions, any hand movements. Even if they didn't have sign language they could use, he did know that with people who couldn't speak or hear, they would often use hand motions and gestures to try and convey what they were saying, pointing at things and such. He didn't want to miss any potential detail she might be giving off, whether it was in writing or her actions. He had been in this kingdom long enough to recognise most important names of nobles houses, royals and knights within Camelot, but very few from outside Camelot and the further from Camelot, the less names he recognised. He paused for a moment, clearly with the type of face that showed he was thinking, and he even made one of those hmm noises people often do as they ponder something.

"Well, we have been having a large fair going on this week, the king here invited people from kingdoms all over in hopes to bolster trade with other kingdoms and maybe make some new allies. We've been having new faces in every day it seems, it ends in four days so many are still in Camelot or camped outside. Is it possible he could be attending? Though, the castle isn't situated close to the water, I don't suppose you don't happen to have a pair of legs handy." He was sort of kidding, he figured if he was going to help her, he'd probably have to go into the city alone and wander around asking for an Eric from a maritime kingdom, since mermaids had flippers and not legs. The man might not even be there, or if he had he could have already moved on. Not everyone that came for the festivities stayed for the entire week.

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ariel
 Posted: May 16 2017, 04:31 AM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

Listening to the man's words, Ariel gave a large smile, and, looked up with a nod of her head. Ariel then picked up her stick, and, focused on the sand again. 'If you could that would be great. I have no idea where he sailed to, but, I know that he has dark hair with big brown eyes. And, he goes by the name Eric, and, he's a prince of the Maritime Kingdom. Anything could be possible, I just wish I had more to go on.'

At his next question about the legs, Ariel looked around before looking down. She knew that it wouldn't be high tide anytime soon, but, she could give it a try anyway right. Moving herself onto the sand, she flopped her tail onto the sand, and, watched eagerly, hoping to see it change. Ariel looked up at the man and shrugged before looking back down at the sand with her stick. 'I guess not' Ariel said, giving the man a smile as she looked up at him.

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: May 20 2017, 05:05 PM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 50 posts

Tag Ariel
Past, Camelot
CREDIT

He nodded and he honestly wasn't really expecting her to have legs, so it didn't really come as a surprise to him. Most that had come there by sea were further up the coast in an inlet that made for a shorter walk to Camelot. He supposed he could make his way to the castle, look around there, then meet her at the inlet where the ships were docked. That is if she wanted to look around the ships for herself to see if she recognised any of them, or anyone on board. He didn't imagine there would be many on board this time of day, since most who were still in Camelot were in the castle for the main festivities.

"Most of the ships still here are anchored at an inlet about, well I'd say an hour on horseback, but I imagine you swim quicker than a horse can run along the coast. There wouldn't be many on board them right now, but if you want to look there, I'll head to the castle and meet you back there if I find him, or well anyone fitting his description in the castle. It's up to you really, but without legs, I'm sorry to say it's the only solution I can think of to offer right now." He didn't want to not help her, though the idea of going all the way back to the castle, and then over to the inlet seemed a bit tiresome, but he was a knight after all, and she needed assistance, so he certainly wasn't going to say now.

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Ariel
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 05:45 PM

The Little Mermaid

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

21 years old / 196 posts

Ariel wanted to go with the man so badly, but, sadly she wasn't able to. Due to the fact that she didn't have any physical way to. Mermaids weren't able to go on land, unless it was high tide, thanks to that Ursula. All she could do was look around the ships, and, even then with all the noise of the village, it didn't seem like they would be there. Besides it's not like she could do much in terms of talking to any of them.

Giving the man another soft smile, Ariel picked up her stick as she leant forward. 'I would love that. Yeah, I'm sure I could swim faster, but, I can only get so far before I run out of places to look. And don't worry not a lot of people would help any kind of mermaid, and, I got into this mess by helping someone. So I appreciate whatever help I could get, no matter how little.' Ariel knew that she didn't regret helping Snow White, even if it had led to the wrath of the Evil Queen. She just didn't know where she was meant to go now, but, if she ever saw the woman again, then she would have a lot to say about her.

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs made by Bach
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine