I thought I'd never see you again
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 12:11 AM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

32 years old / 1185 posts

I won't let magic destroy this family

When Neal had gone to Neverland to save Henry and Emma, he had never expected to see Wendy there as well. Knowing that she had been kept hostage because of him, because she wanted to save him.

All he had needed to do was go back to Pan's camp, and, he could've gotten her out of that cage. Kept her by his side, until they both got off the island. They could've been together. But, at the same time the reason he'd gone in the first place, was to keep them safe and a family.

But no that wasn't what he needed to focus on, it was because of that kid Pan. Because he had found her first, and, had found it necessary to use her in his plans. They didn't really do anything to him, but, they had ended up in the situation anyway.

Standing aboard this Jolly Roger, it was bringing back all the childhood memories. And they weren't all good ones. He saw flashes of the good moments with him and Hook, having him feel like a father to him. And, then finding the picture of his mother and learning the truth about all of it.

Pulling some keys out of his pockets, Neal ran his finger and thumb over the bracelet that he kept on them. It was something that he kept from his Neverland days, reminding him of the past.

Neal put it away, and, then looked around smiling as he saw Wendy sitting in the corner of the ship. He knew he had been a lousy brother since he hadn't found her or gotten her out of there until now, but, he had the chance to make up for it now.

Making his way over to where the food was, Neal grabbed something and put it on a napkin before walking over towards Wendy. Neal adjusted the blanket that was around her shoulders, before he sat down next to her, and, held the food out for her to take. "You should eat. It's a long trip."

Wendy Darling

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Wendy Darling
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 07:22 PM

Peter Pan

Neverland

Lime is online

15 years old / 20 posts

605 words
Wendy D.

As real as this felt, Wendy kept expecting to wake up. The Jolly Roger would disappear, only a memory from the sweetest dream she’d had in a long time. Her hands would grip the bars of her cage, beating at them until they hurt. If this was a dream, only her hopes manifesting and making her imagination run wild, she’d scream until she lost her voice. It was the strangest feeling ever for her to know that her captor was trapped, and the lost boys were on this same ship.

She was glad to be off the island, and with Baelfire once more. She had gave up on seeing him a long time ago, sure that he was dead or gone. As the Jolly Roger sailed, she was slowly starting to put the past behind her. Now was the future, and even though she was glad to be back with her brother–she was unsure of it. Would she have to go back to London?

No longer was she a pawn in Pan’s game, or a caged bird with broken wings. Wendy drew in a deep breath, savoring how much sweeter the air was. Baelfire had made a sacrifice for them, but in the end it was her decision to go and rescue him. She had vowed to not let magic destroy her family, and Bae was a part of that no matter what. In the end, she was a prisoner and her brothers worked for the boy king. Their parents died a long time ago, of old age or broken hearts.

Not caring if the blanket around her shoulders was slipping, the little bird let her eyes wander. Back in London, she had often told her brothers stories about pirates. The sword fights, their ruthless nature. She joked with them about running away to join a band of pirates, declaring that her name would be Red-handed Jill. Something like that, at least. I would have liked to go on adventures. She silently mourned that lost opportunity, a broken dream that lay in a pile of others.

There was a bottle of fairy dust she had, hidden in her dress. Wendy couldn’t quite remember how she had gotten it, or when. Just that it was a little precious to her, a reminder of happier times. Tinkerbell was on this ship as well, and she planned to give it to the fairy. After all, Tink needed it much more than she did.

Wendy huddled in her corner of the ship, content to stay there for now. Here she was out of the way, and she wasn’t required to talk to anyone. Guilt plagued her mind, as she blamed herself for them almost losing Henry. True, she had little choice to lie to the boy. But she still played a part, or else something would have happened to John and Michael.

Startled, she realized that there was someone touching her blanket and fixing it. Tensing up immediately, she looked up to see Baelfire. He went by “Neal” now, but he would always be Baelfire to her. Bae, someone she had waited a long time to see–no longer the young boy that she gave bread to, but all grown up. She looked at the food offered to her, only now thinking about how hungry she was. Wendy took the napkin, biting into the food. Chewing and swallowing, she managed a small smile. “"Thank you, Bae." Although he was sitting next to her, she found herself scooting closer and leaning against him. "I…I keep feeling like I’m going to wake up and this will all be gone. Is that bad?"

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 05:52 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

When he had been in New York, he had thought that this whole thing had been a dream. While he had been happy to have Emma back in his life, and, well, unsure about how he felt about his father finding him, he hadn't been expecting it to be true the next day, when he woke up in his apartment and, they were all still there with him. It had been just like when he'd first left Neverland, Neal had been expecting it to be a dream and he would still be in his cave. But, he still felt free, even if he was living on the streets, and, sleeping in an old church. And, he was sure he was never going to have to go back.

The truth was, Neal wasn't even sure how he got off of the island anymore. Since obviously Pan had wanted him to leave the island at some point, in order to meet Emma, and, have his son. But, what was the point of keeping Wendy and her brothers trapped on the island. Maybe it was because Pan knew that they were important to him. And they had never gotten along. Which was an understatement. They hated each other.

But, he was free from that kid's games and was no longer a pawn in them. And, now his family didn't have to be either, and, that included the Darlings. Neal had made a promise to not let magic destroy their family like it had destroyed his. But, sadly it had been too late for that. All because Wendy had cared about him too much to let him grow up without a family. Which had been his intention. Since he'd already lost his anyway. But, the fact that it had destroyed parents who had actually loved their family more then anything.

Neal secured his jacket around himself as he continued to stand there with everyone else on this boat. Back when he was a kid, he had never in his life thought that he would be aboard a pirate ship. As far as he had known growing up, pirates were dangerous, and, they had killed his mother and torn the family apart. These days he knew that only half of that was true. While Hook and the pirates hadn't killed his mother, they had been the reason for his family tearing apart.

Neal continued to stand there as he looked at Wendy for a moment. While he may be Neal again to most now, with Wendy he would always feel like Bae. She and her brothers were the last real people to take a chance on Bae, before he disappeared for good once he escaped from Neverland. Walking over towards her, Neal sighed softly and just adjusted the blanket around her hoping to keep her a bit warmer, before giving her a small smile as she looked up at him. He continued to offer her the food that was in his hand, knowing that Wendy probably needed it. “No problem. It's what big brothers are for right?” Keeping himself sitting next to her, Neal gave a quick smile as she moved herself closer to him. Hearing Wendy's question, Neal shook his head as he placed his arm around Wendy in an attempt to comfort her. “No, no it's not. I felt the same way when I first got off this island. But, it's not like my situation as an alternative was much better though. At least when you wake up for the first small amount of times, you'll have people who care about you with you.”

Wendy Darling

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Wendy Darling
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 07:43 PM

Peter Pan

Neverland

Lime is online

15 years old / 20 posts

765 words
Wendy D.

What was going to happen now? It was an innocent question, for she wondered if Pan was truly gone. If the nightmare was really over. The answer soon came after she thought of it, of course she would leave with her brothers. They were tired of magic and didn’t belong in this world, with fairy tale characters. The three belonged in London, live in a nice house and a have a peaceful life. How long would it be before someone tore it away? Disturbed their happiness? Nightmares haunted her when she slept, so she knew she could never truly forget what had happened. Never really be normal. It saddened her more than she could put into words.

However, now she was free to do whatever she wanted, wondering what schools were like in the present. She would need to have a proper education if she wanted to be an author, no more silly dresses and needle work. The possibilities made her tingle with excitement, an eagerness to get started. The thought of home, the sweetest word she could think of. Mother and father would be happy to know that their children were together again. Changed, but together.

Deep down, she knew that a part of her would disobey Bae again and let the Shadow in. In another life she would have been a true warrior, bringing Pan to his knees and demanding that he return her third brother. He would have thought twice about keeping them trapped, using them as pawns. But that was a perfect world and she told herself to stop dreaming a long time ago. Dreams made reality hurt when the sun hit her eyelids, forcing her eyes to open. Sometimes, dreams were all she had. Her hatred for Pan, too.

She would run away to rescue Baelfire, too. Hadn’t he known that he was a part of their family too, and him sacrificing himself tore it apart? He had been important to all of them, George and Mary loved him like he was their own. Wendy wouldn’t have been able to forget him and let him go, replaying the moment of his hand slipping from her grasp as the Shadow took him away. It was the first dark night of many, even with stars in the sky. For family, for someone she loved, it was almost worth it to be a pawn. A piece on the board to be used.

What would happen, she wondered, if Pan’s prison was thrown into the sea? Why keep him? His voice taunted her memories, set her nerves on edge. There she had been reduced to a meek little girl, obedient out of fear. Wendy loathed that part of her life, having to accept that she was the furthest thing from a heroine in one of her stories. But they usually had swords, the means to defend themselves. Not her, she had been completely at the mercy of the Lost Boys. A useful little toy that had so willingly landed back on Neverland’s beach. Despite the warmth of her blanket, she shivered.

His words were comforting, warm. Something an older brother should be. How old were John and Michael now? Surely much older than her, John would technically be the eldest now instead of her. She was a lady in a child’s body, small bones for someone who was…how old? A century and fifteen years? Her mind was older, no longer filled with fantasies about magic. Would she wake up no matter Bael’s reassurances, feeling that accursed cage’s bars against her? With his arm around her, she felt like that would disappear. “Bae…I was there for a long time. Pan is in his own prison but I don’t feel like he’s going to stay there.” Pan never fails had been engraved into her mind and bones, words that made him the absolute ruler. He was someone who would have hurt her brothers and she knew he was absolutely capable of it. Everyone was so sure they had won and triumphed over the king of Neverland, but was this really the end? Perhaps she was merely paranoid, tired. Wendy took the food he offered her, it wasn’t an extravagant meal but it tasted heavenly to her. No matter her feelings about the island and her captivity, she hadn’t been starved. She was merely hungry for food that didn’t come from the boy demon with a wicked smile and wicked heart. “You’re one of the best brothers I could ask for, Bae, but….I can’t help but worry. Whether I have people who care for me or not.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:37 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal was unsure whether he trusted that Pan was truly defeated. Yes his son was safe for now, but, a part of him knew Pan and how this island worked. He was never truly defeated as easily as they had made it seem. But, he wasn't going to let those thoughts bother him right now. All he was going to focus on, was that he had gotten his family out of there, which included Wendy. At Wendy's words, Neal let out a soft sigh as he heard those words that Wendy said. “Don't tell the others, but, I kind of think that too. I'm worried about whether he is actually that easy to defeat. I know this island, and, it's not as easy as that, no matter what they think.” Neal knew that this probably wasn't what he should be telling Wendy, but, why try and lie in order to make her feel better. He knew how it felt to be lied to just to protect feelings, instead of being told the truth. Besides the king of Neverland, a title that he never liked calling him. But, Neal changed the subject as he handed Wendy the food that he had brought her. He kept his arm around Wendy as he sat there with her, just giving the comfort that a brother should give. Neal looked down at her, before moving her closer to him. “I try to be. The worry, and, everything else will disappear eventually I promise you. And, no matter where abouts we are, I will always care about you and John and Michael.”

Looking at her, Neal gave a soft smile as he just sat there for a moment in silence, while he kept comforting Wendy in the best way he could. Neal didn't know what to do, but, he knew that the last time he had gotten off of the island, he had been completely alone. The difference was, Wendy would never be alone, and, have to wake up from the nightmares of that place with no-one to comfort her like with what had happened with him. Neal had spent a majority of the first few months in that world just waking up with seeing and remembering that place, while he was in that old church. Those were memories that were never going to disappear no matter what he did, or what he had now.

Neal looked around the edge of the boat, and, noticed the island getting further away. He turned Wendy around gently, before pointing. “Look Wendy, Neverland is back there. Getting further and further in the distance. Even if we're right, and, we haven't quite defeated Pan yet, at least it'll be back in our world when he does strike next. And, he won't have the power of the island to help him with whatever comes next. But, we will face it together.” Neal knew that this may not be as reassuring as he wanted it to be, but, it was what big brothers did. Told the truth as they comforted their siblings.

Wendy Darling

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Wendy Darling
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 09:13 PM

Peter Pan

Neverland

Lime is online

15 years old / 20 posts

638 words
Wendy D.

Any other time, if she had still been in that cage–Bae’s words would have frightened her. On the contrary, now that she was free, she was grateful to him. His words justified her fears, made them valid. With that kind of reassurance, her fears were more than wild imagination. Besides, she’d know if he was lying to make her feel better. If he had lied, she wouldn’t have been exactly upset with him, just disappointed. Her brother probably knew that she was no longer a fragile doll, but a free bird who was given her wings back. Pan was a king, he might not have been loved but he had loyal followers and a certain kind of power. Was he truly so foolish as to fall for a trap like Pandora’s box? Wendy wanted to be optimistic with every fiber of her being, the sun was shining and the air was sweet. “Thank you, Bae.” Her voice was soft, she kept her thanks short–but he would know what she meant anyway. His arm was an anchor that kept her from drifting off, though she was far from any danger of falling off the ship. It was a different kind of drifting off that she imagined, getting lost in fear and regret. The world was different now, it had grown and changed so much while she remained a young girl. Soon she would be in the arms of John and Michael, but for now she remained safe with Baelfire, more grateful when she was moved closer. She could almost forget everything she had seen and done. “I’m the same way, Bae. Even if we’re separated again, I’ll always love you and care about you. I know that John and Michael feel the same way as well.” The love she had for her brothers had helped her survive, and as she snuggled into Bae’s side she hoped with all her heart that he knew it too.

On Neverland she had no one to comfort her when she woke up crying from nightmares, dark dreams that broke her heart. After all, no one had been kind or brave enough to approach her cage. Bae’s silent comfort was a vast improvement from that, the balm on her old wounds. And yet, she couldn’t help but wonder if he had someone to comfort him too. Wendy didn’t know the extent of what had happened to him on the island, but surely he didn’t leave without nightmares. Had anyone held him tightly, taken him in? Even though she now knew his father lived, he couldn’t have been around. She returned his soft smile with one of her own, hoping to comfort him in her own way as well. Her heart ached to think that he might have been alone again, for not everyone was as kind as the Darlings.

Startled out of her thoughts, Wendy let herself be moved so she could see where he was pointing. A lump formed in her throat for a moment before she swallowed it, setting her gaze on her old prison. It was indeed getting smaller, and soon it would disappear. She nodded along to his words, half listening and half focused on wishing that it would disappear faster. The moment it did, she would truly feel like she was free. The moment it did, she would be able to breathe easily again. “Soon it will be a speck,” she whispered. Looking up at Bae, she couldn’t help the worry that flashed across her face. “If he returns, you’ll be careful won’t you? I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something happened to you.” Even if Pan returned, her and her brothers would be gone. But she made no mention of that. “But you’re the heroes, you’re bound to win. In all my stories, the heroes win.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 07:43 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Neal wasn't so much into lying, especially when it came to his family. The Darlings had never lied to him, and, in return he did the same with them. Of course, he had told them his father was dead, but, at the time that hadn't been a lie, he was dead to him. Neal saw in Wendy what he had seen in himself for years. Someone lost, who didn't have any idea of anything anymore. But, he was more then willing to help Wendy get past that look, and, hopefully help her lose it, in the best way he could. Neal wasn't naïve though, he wasn't positive that Pan was completely gone just yet. “Anytime.” Neal said, giving a soft smile. He was more then happy to continue to comfort her, his arm was the support that she probably needed on the boat right now. A support anchor. Not just a physical anchor. The world had changed since they had been together as a family, and, she needed help for the world out there, and, he would do whatever he had to in order to do just that for her. And, her brothers. Neal moved her closer to his side, in an attempt to reassure her that he was there for her, and, not going to be too far away. “If you guys ever need anything. I'm only a phone call away. I can be on a plane in no time. You guys will always have me with you.” Neal smiled down as he just enjoyed sitting with Wendy, and, he gently rested his head on hers for a moment.

When he had first gotten off of this island, he had spent the first few months waking up in an old church alone. There had been no-one to hear him when he'd woken from the nightmares. And, even after they had disappeared, he still hadn't had anyone by his side. Neal had been all alone, even when he was constantly bounced through foster homes and surrounded by people. None of them had actually cared about him. His father may have been alive, but, had been dead to him by that point. The last people who had truly cared about him were a long time ago, and, one of them was sitting right next to him.

Neal decided to focus on Wendy, pushing those thoughts out of his head for a moment. He needed to comfort, not only her, but, himself in a way too. His gaze and gesture went towards the island behind them. Neal had seen the island disappear once before, and, soon he would get to do that all over again. He had always been good at supporting people, and, comforting them, even if he'd never been shown the same. At Wendy's question, Neal looked down at her. “Of course I'll be careful.” Neal said, giving a soft smile. Neal knew that luckily the Darlings wouldn't have to worry about Pan, once they got back there, they would be back where they belonged. “Look I don't want you worrying about that ok. We'll face that when it happens.” Neal said, before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine