New Poll

If you can't use your sword properly...
Lady Morgan
 Posted: May 6 2017, 01:02 AM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

Amanda had been working in this tavern for a while now, and, it was usually the same kind of crowd. All drunk patrons that weren't really much for conversation, but, that was ok for Amanda in the long run. She wasn't really here to talk to everyone she meets, she was just here to do a job. And, save enough money to afford to get the rest of her family away from her jackass step-father.

Right now Amanda was dealing some soldiers who were trying to see who could surf on the counter-top longer. Neither of them had lasted long, because she pushed them both off of it. “When you are the ones cleaning it you can ride it all you want.” Amanda heard the groans from them, and, made an annoyed/mocking face. “Yeah, yeah you complain. You leave.” Amanda wiped off the counter, and, smiled softly as they sat down in a huff. “That's what I thought.”

She was just clearing up another table in the tavern when she saw a group of knights making their way in. “Oh great. Another group that look like they'll be trouble.” Amanda rolled her eyes before grabbing a tray and walking up to the group.

Amanda found herself having to duck as one of the men swung a sword that he didn't seem to know how to use. “Watch where you're swinging that thing. You can take someone's head off with that thing if you're not careful.” Amanda then ducked again, before looking at the rest of them. “What can I get you guys?”

tag: Hank Morgan | notes: First meeting

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: May 7 2017, 02:10 PM

King Arthur/Connecticut Yankee

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

tags Lady Morgan / Notes: Past, Camelot, First Meeting

When Hank first woke up and found himself in this strange place, he thought for sure someone had just pranked him left him in some hippy commune where everyone was obsessed with dressing up like people from the middle ages. Even the accents were odd and different, her certainly wasn't in the United States any more. He was hung over and it took days of confusing conversations with people, blank expressions when he kept asking for a phone, and a rather kind elderly gentleman to explain things before it really started to sink in. He was in what others called another realm, realms, magic, for months Hank just felt like he was caught in some horrible nightmare with no idea what the fuck he was supposed to do or how he was ever going to get home.

Eventually the kind elderly man who was some village alderman helped him find work and to learn about the world. Even helped him get some clothes so he fit in better than the modern clothes he'd arrived in. Eventually his luck took a turn though, and he was in the right place at the right time to save the king's son and future heir to the throne of Camelot. Once he was in with the knights of Camelot, they started to train him and try and help him adapt even more to the new world he was in. Some would make fun of him for some of his strange phrases and ways of speaking, but the longer Hank was there, the more he was slowly adapting to Camelot without realising it.

Of course, it wasn't an over night transition, there was still a lot that Hank just wasn't used to, sword fighting was one of those things. In his realm, he'd been quite scrappy, able to punch and fight his way out of most problems he faced, but he'd never been one for weapons, even modern weapons. The other knights were doing their best to help Hank, but in all honesty some of them found it more amusing to watch Hank be a bit of a dunce with his sword. So when they arrived at the tavern after a hard day of training, Hank was eager to try and show off some of the things he'd learned, though his execution was clearly poor and he had to apologise not once, but twice to the barmaid.

She was rather pretty, and he felt a bit foolish for nearly slicing her with his sword, he blushed slightly when she asked them what they wanted and a couple of the knights laughed at him, "Er, ah well forsooth good lady I would be grateful if you would provide us with some beer, or is it mead, ale?"

His speech was odd, one minute he was speaking like he would in his realm, then he was over compensating by talking like he was in some poorly done Monty Python film. Then he tried to lean on his sword, with the pointy end facing down into the wood, and fumbled, nearly falling over, but was unable to keep the sword upright so it fell to the ground with a loud thud.......

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: May 11 2017, 03:38 AM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

Amanda knew that this job had taken a bit of getting used to, but, she was quickly getting the hang of it. She was surprised that she had been able to find somewhere to work so easily, especially since she had only been 17 at the time. It was a lot easier to have been given a job, then to have to go crawling back to her home, with the step-father who she hated.

It had been a few years since that moment thankfully, and, she was happy here now. Amanda just hoped that the letters she sent to her mother and brother were actually getting to them. With her step-father still having control she somehow doubted it, but, at least she was trying to talk to them. One day soon, she hoped she would figure out how to get in and get them out of there without being caught by her step-father.

Reaching the table with these knights, Amanda looked at all of them. She ducked out of the way of the man's sword again to avoid getting her head sliced. Despite that, at least the man wasn't bad on the eyes while she was nearly getting attacked with it. She gave a small smile to the man as he seemed to be the one to speak for them. “Of course sir. A round coming up.”

Amanda made her way back to the counter, and, focused on the man in the group while she worked on getting their drinks. The man was oddly cute, and, he looked like he was new to this lifestyle. Amanda was sure that he hadn't been here before. But, not just the Tavern. He looked out of place in Camelot, especially the way he had spoken when ordering those drinks.

She also noticed that the man still didn't know what he was doing with the sword. She rolled her eyes, before putting the ales back on the tray, and, walking them back over. “Here ya go. Round for all of you guys.” Amanda said, before having to once again duck out of the way of the sword. She let out a soft sigh before taking it from the man's hand, “You can have this back, when people are out of the line of fire good sir. Or once you figure out how to handle it correctly.” Amanda then took the tray and the sword, and, carrying back behind the bar with her.
tag: Hank Morgan | words: ### | notes: yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: May 16 2017, 04:49 PM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

He felt foolish, granted he'd always felt a bit foolish around pretty girls, even in his own realm, but here, well he felt like he was trying to be someone he wasn't and all he could do was imagine how stupid he looked in her eyes and somehow that mattered more to him than he'd have liked. He hadn't really cared what the other knights thought, sure they joked and made fun of him at times, but they also respected him for having saved Arthur's life and were willing to show him the ropes. He gave up his sword without a fight, but blushed slightly from the joking of the knights over it.

"Sorry about that ma'am, I uh, I'm still a bit new to all of this. Only been here a few years." He gave up trying to mimic how people spoke, not that it was all that different from the way people spoke in his realm, small differences, especially with some of the accents, but it wasn't like it was French and he was used to English. That was a plus at least, he'd really hated to have had to learn a totally new language just to communicate. Some of the other knights snickered at him as he clearly looked a bit awe struck by the pretty barmaid. He told them to shut it and then wandered over to the bar.

"I uh, so have you, worked here long?" Damn, he hoped his question didn't sound as pathetic as he felt like it did.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 02:04 AM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

Amanda kept her gaze on the man for a moment as he seemed to be trying so hard, but, just wasn't getting it. Looking around, she could tell that she was going to need to protect the people in this place from whatever damage this man might do, so she made no hesitation as she took the sword with her.

“That's ok. It still doesn't mean you won't hurt someone if you just keep flinging it around like that.” Amanda said, as she just stood there looking at him. She could tell from the man's accent that he wasn't from here, technically she wasn't either, but, at least she was still from Camelot in some sense, but, this man's accent. It was different. But, it also wasn't her place to judge any of it. Amanda leant the sword against the bar, as she put the tray down.

“A few years.” Amanda didn't want to make the poor guy feel bad, so she just pretended that it didn't sound bad or like some corny line.

tag: Hank Morgan | words: ### | notes: yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 08:55 AM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

He nodded, a few years, that wasn't that long, well at least it was less time than he'd been in the realm, though when he'd first arrived he'd been in another part of the kingdom entirely, more on the outskirts. It had been rough at first, not having anything but the clothes on his back and no idea where he was or how he got there. A strange world, a different world than where he was from. No technology at all to speak of, most of the villages didn't even have proper indoor plumbing. It had been like going back in time to the dark ages or something.

"I haven't been here that much longer, I'm not actually even from this realm, though don't ask me how I ended up here. Someone told me it must have been something called a portal, but magic is still a new concept to me, well less new now, but man when I first got here..... Only reason I ended up here, with the other knights, honestly just a stroke of luck, being in the right place at the right time. Saved the prince and only heir to Camelot's throne, got favour with the family. Now here I am, not that I'm bragging, if it comes off that way I'm sorry. I guess the last half a dozen years of my life have just been a bit crazy, not sure why I'm sharing all this with you....." He smiled sheepishly.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:10 PM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

just some lyrics
Hank Morgan   •   notes here but don't stretch it!
As Amanda said it out loud, she tried to hide her surprise to admitting that. It had really been a while since she had came here. It also made her feel bad, because she didn't know whether her mother and brother were still in that house with that man. The one who had made their lives miserable, before finally kicking her out because she wanted to stand up to him for once in her life. Amanda had been left with only the clothes on her back, and, a few things she should shove into a bag. And, somehow she had ended up here. She wanted to go back for them, but, maybe too long had passed since then. And, that's what she hated the most.

“Well, the most interesting stories are the ones that seem un-usual. You would not believe the amount of repeated stories I heard of everyone either hating knights or just something they did in a battle. I mean yeah, you aren't the first ones to do those things. And, some actually have done it more exciting then that. Your story about how you got here, is definitely more exciting then those other stories. You're sharing it with me, because people seem to always spill to tavern workers. It's something that everyone does. Open up to the people who make their drinks for them. But, if there's anything I can do to help you figure out this place please let me know.”

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 03:19 PM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

Hank supposed it was something, that his story was more interesting than many of the other stories that Amanda had heard before. Not that he felt he needed to be more interesting, he really wasn't trying to impress her or anything, even if she was absolutely the most stunningly beautiful woman he'd ever met. He could hear some of his fellow-knights behind him laughing, a few words he picked out of what they were saying under their breaths seemed to be teasing Hank because he was talking to the pretty bartender. When he realised some of the things they were saying he blushed a bit, and tried to cough it off like it was nothing, like he wasn't completely and totally embarrassed at that moment. He tried to take a drink of the ale, to go back to acting all nonchalant, but he ended up swallowing wrong and suddenly had a huge coughing fit, his face red, the knights behind him laughing even harder at his embarrassment. Damn it.

Some of the ale was dribbling down his chin, he was trying to catch his breath from coughing and he was having a hard time at it. Between coughs and breaths he tried to apologise.

"Gah, sorry I've made a mess.... swallowed the damn stuff wrong, went down the wrong pipe.......... I must look like an idiot........"

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 07:49 PM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

Admittedly there was a kind of relief that his story was actually fascinating in the sense that it was different, and, ultimately more interesting then most of the other people who came into this tavern, who all had the same story, it was like they copied and pasted it or something. He was cuter then a majority of the people who came into this tavern, but, then again she wasn't really looking to get into that stage of anything with anyone. Amanda looked around for a moment, and, wiped down the counter of the tavern for a moment as the man seemed to have gone silent. She didn't want to make a comment about the whole other men in the background thing. Amanda did want to keep talking to this man though, and, she gave a soft smile as she noticed him taking a drink in an attempt to ignore everything that the men were saying. Amanda raised her eyebrows as she noticed the man was suddenly choking.

Making her way towards behind him, Amanda began to pat him on the back for a moment as she tried to help him. And, she gave a soft, reassuring smile as she heard him trying to apologise to her in between spluttering.

“No, it's ok I don't mind. I work in a tavern, I see this kind of mess all the time. Heck I see worse mess all the time. It's alright it's kind of cute. Most guys in this bar try all the stupid kind of lines to impress someone in this bar. It's refreshing seeing someone actually being themselves.”

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 05:48 PM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

Cute, she had called him cute, suddenly he was even more flustered than he already had been, complete with flushed cheeks and a worse stutter. Back in his world he'd usually been more confident around women, well maybe not that much more confident, but in his world he'd been in his own element, he knew the customs and what was expected. In Camelot he was like a fish out of water trying to breathe, or maybe someone drowning and just trying to tread water to stay afloat. Life was so different, the way people dressed, talked, the way they interacted, the way they fought their wars. It was crazy really, like he had fallen into the middle ages or something, and through it all he was now in a tavern talking to a beautiful woman and he was tongue tied and awkward. Could things possibly be any worse.

"That's very kind of you, sometimes just when I think I've finally gotten used to things here, something happens or I say the wrong thing or misunderstand someone and I'm reminded all over again how this isn't really my world and I'm not even sure if I'll ever see my world again. I definitely miss the plumbing, see in my world water just comes right into the homes, waste is automatically flushed away at the press of a button, you can simply turn on a faucet in your kitchen and clean water comes right into it, no having to walk with buckets to a well outside. Travel is faster, I mean we still have horses there, but we don't really use them to get around, my world has these sort of metal mechanical carriages on four wheels that move without needing horses. Just so many things, things I may never see again....."

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 04:43 AM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

Amanda didn't lie, it wasn't in her nature. She did find this guy kinda cute, or rather the way he acted. She was used to people being direct with their flirting, and, it was refreshing to see someone actually seem like they were nervous. Back home in the village, before this part of Camelot, it was a lot different. They had all had their different ways of doing things, and, she had needed to get used to the difference here, when she had only been 17, and, her step-father had kicked her out. Amanda had sent letters to her brother, but, she was sure that their step-father had made sure he didn't get the letters.

“I know that feel. This whole town can be overwhelming when you've grown up in a different way. I'm reminded that this isn't where I'm originally from either. Of course where I'm from isn't completely different to this place, just a lot less to it. Well I'm sure that you'll figure it all out. And it seems like you have people to help you out. It seems like a completely different world. Well, who knows maybe you will. Or maybe you'll find something even better. And, maybe one day you could tell me about it.”

Hank Morgan » notes

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
Hank Morgan
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 06:29 AM

Camelot

Bach is online

41 years old / 69 posts

There were definitely words coming out of her mouth, she was also smiling, and he was beginning to feel a bit lost in that smile. He felt like he could just stand there and watch her smile and listen to her voice for ages and never tire. He was definitely listening though yep, totally absorbing every word she was saying. She understood his situation, yep, he had found people to help him out, yep. How was it that everything sounded better when she said them, he was being foolish, he really needed to just stop being so foolish, but something in his brain was just not cooperating. Suddenly he was wondering if his grin looked normal, was he grinning too big, was he showing too much teeth, did he look like some creepy uncle that everyone avoided at family reunions. Why did he even care so much, she wasn't like the first woman he'd met in this realm, wasn't even the first female barkeep person he'd met. Then she was saying that he could tell her about something one day, wait, that meant seeing her again. Did that mean she wanted to see him again, was that what he was taking away from those particular words. He smiled again, trying so hard not to do any more stuttering or tripping over his words, but it was so hard.

"I uh, er yes, I mean, so does that mean, if uh, I had more stories to tell you, I could see you again. I mean to tell you about them of course, one day, in the future. Maybe in the not too distant future, I could uh, stories, right tell you stories. I know a lot of stories, maybe even stories you've never heard, from my realm. I mean, if you don't want to ya know, see me again...... I mean I wouldn't want to push my stupid stories on you or anything......... er uh............." Nope instead of tripping over his words less, he was most definitely just tripping them over more, this was a complete disaster.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Lady Morgan
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 10:03 AM

N/A

Camelot

Em 'n' em's is online

33 years old / 38 posts

just some lyrics
Hank Morgan   •   Notes go here
Amanda just continued to talk to this man, happy that some kind of fascinating face turned up in this tavern. This place could get so boring, and, that made it harder for her to like her life here. But, she couldn't go home, she couldn't go back to the place where her step-father was. The guy was kind of cute, but, that wasn't really anything that fascinated her. Since she wasn't at this tavern to flirt with guys, well, aside from maybe in order to get this job in the first place, but, that was kind of different circumstances. She was desperate, and, it was either that, or go crawling back to that man who she despised. As she continued to look at the man, Amanda started to get creeped out by the size of his smile. She just chose to ignore it, and, just kept talking to the man in front of her. She let out a silent sigh of relief, as she noticed the man's smile easing up.

Letting out a soft chuckle, Amanda placed a finger over the man's mouth to get him to just stop rambling for 5 minutes. “I would love to hear some more stories. But, don't you have to get back to your friends over there. I mean I have to get these ales over to them either way. You might as well come too.”

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Both sigs by Bach
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine