New Poll

we are all born mad, some remain so, tag: Mulan <3
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 11:36 AM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 91 posts

Wonderland in those days seemed to have lost all magic. And when talking about 'those days', she referred to the days where there was absolutely nothing to do, just look around, and try to annoy someone, or perhaps go to spy on the Red Queen... But what for? Where would be the fun in that? Nowhere. She could not find anything exciting in that, and find something that might make her blood boil was just what she was looking for. She was really bored, and there was nothing around that could please her. I mean, she always did the same, day after day, always bothering the same people, and although trouble was in her code... The same people were those who bored her.

Mouse sighed, being at least lying in that branch of all seemed to calm her, it made everything more... Bearable. Wonderland was home... But that did not mean that sometimes she had not dreamed of escaping, flying away from there and go to explore new worlds. Be able to see new things with her own eyes! Be able to meet new people, and - I don't know, do something else. Something more that what she was doing now, which was not much. Harass, hide from the Queen as the coward who she really was... Can't you see? She did nothing more. Her life was not as exciting as someone could expect.

Sometimes she'd like to know why she was born there. I mean, everyone there seemed to have a mission, a purpose... but what about her? did she have some kind of quest there? Did she have something to do? Was there something she was unaware of? No, impossible. Mouse knew all the citizens of Wonderland, she knew every path, every cache... All of it. Though it's not like she put all that wisdom into practice, you know? I mean, most of her evenings were spent them stealing from any citizens, trying to keep the deadly illness called boredom away.

Oh, no! But wait, she was already infected! There was no cure for it, she would die between horrible suffering, and no one would never be able to save her, because she was already doomed - too dramatic? Oh, who could live without a little bit of drama around?. Mousey laughed to herself, her macabre laughter resonating, hitting the trees surrounding her and returning to her. Even when she tried not to, even when she laughed 'innocently', her laughter sounded malevolent. She had never understood why, although she'd always thought it was a rather nice laugh, it had strength and power, it wasn't like those weak ones you could hear. Although of course, nor is it that Mousey had heard lots of laughs in her life.

Although destiny finally smiled down at her! After waiting, it finally decided to smile. She felt the presence of someone, someone who was walking through the forests, and that someone had not being invited, but whoever it was, arrived late. Oh, fantastic, now was when the fun would begin!. Mousey got off the branch, and started to run towards the presence, stopping when she saw someone who did not belong to her world. A tall woman, with long, black hair who appeared to be a true warrior. A small chuckle left her throat, and she began to climb said woman, until she arrived at her shoulder and quietly sat on it. "Are you lost?" she asked, by tipping her head to one side. "Is there someone looking for you? If no one is looking for you, then you can't be lost, because no one would be trying to find you".

notes
Fa Mulan tell me if I need to change something <3

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, astonishing... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Fa Mulan
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 10:36 PM

Ballad of Mulan

Enchanted Forest

Ellie is online

29 years old / 42 posts

It would not, Mulan kept repeating to herself as if repetition would do anything to sooth fraying temper and frustrated nerves, be a quest if there were not tribulations. If there were not major tribulations then people would be wandering into the underworld to retrieve their lost loved ones all the time and then where would they be? Aside from hip deep in people who had slipped the mortal coil, that was. People might as well not bother dying in the first place. And yes, she recognised the flaw in that logic seeing as she was attempting to retrieve a loved one from death, but in her defence being taken by a wraith was about as unnatural a death you could get and according to what Aurora had heard it had been done before, which meant there was a precedent and un-deading people was permitted under certain circumstances.

She just had to try and make them apply to Phillip.

Which was what she'd been doing before being so rudely interrupted by events of a disturbingly magical nature and left in unfamiliar woods - going after an artefact that might have a clue to a scroll that could give them further information on how to return the victim of a wraith back to life or at least where such information might be located. A slim lead, to be sure, but they were all about the slim leads these days and Aurora was currently following up one in a library where Mulan made people nervous just by her presence. She had nothing but the greatest respect for books, even if she herself tended to favour physical activity over reading, but the fact was that she was stood there in sword and armour and she tended to make the scholars nervous. So they'd split up, as far as she knew Aurora was safely pursuing heavy tomes and she was...

... here.

Wherever that may be.

She hadn't lost consciousness on landing but that hadn't greatly helped matters, given that the portal that had dumped her here had vanished before she could reach it and she had no idea how to bring it back. She had no idea how she'd set off the booby trap in the first place and had taken a moment to roundly curse all sorcerers in language definitely not learned at her mother's knee (her grandmother, on the other hand, could be very surprising) before looking around and picking a direction at random as there were no particularly distinguishing features or helpful signposts.

Just, as it turned out, annoying locals. Why could she not land somewhere where people made sense and offered simple help and directions? Preferably without scampering up her leg and sitting on her shoulder? Ancestors but that little rodent was lucky she was used to being climbed by both cricket and dragon and hadn't immediately freaked out and tried to kill it. Even so she did make an attempt to remove the little interloper from her shoulder and place it in her outstretched hand.

A mouse. Honestly.

"No, I'm not lost," a lie if ever there was one but one did not readily admit such shortcomings to unknown people in unknown territory, "and I'm the one looking for someone."

Gwendolyn Bashmath
PM
^
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 12:35 PM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 91 posts

"You're not lost? Oh, but that's impossible, for all of us are lost in our own minds" oh, everyone was lost when it came to something in particular, anything, they just needed to see it. Many of them preferred the idea of pretending that they really weren't worried about anything in the whole world, even if they were, even if they were and knew it and didn't want to admit it. It was called having too much pride. And hey, she was certainly a stubborn one who probably wouldn't admit something she didn't want to admit, but of course she admitted to being lost to... to something.

"Ooh, are you looking for someone? I can help you, if you want, I'm pretty good at finding people. I don't remember, but I'm sure I'm good at finding people. I mean, it's not like I've ever tried to find anyone, except the queen, both queens, and I've found them, but... I'm getting off the subject" she had found and tried to kill the two queens, but as expected it didn't end up especially as she had wanted... let's say they were both still alive, and they had put a price on her head. Seriously, people these days didn't know how to take a joke that threatened their lives.

"I also assume you have no idea how to get out of here, am I right? You'll need a little help, then. Wonderland plays with your head, it makes you see things that aren't really there, it makes you question reality, pushes you into madness... which is quite ironic judging by our sanity, that of the residents!" a laugh left her throat, while she made herself comfortable on the woman's hand, as she had decided that having her sitting on her shoulder was not comfortable enough. She didn't mind, she liked to sit on her hand too.

notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fa Mulan
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:13 PM

Ballad of Mulan

Enchanted Forest

Ellie is online

29 years old / 42 posts

"Not me." Said Mulan in much the same tone her grandmother had once used when she said she never got lost - she always knew where she was, she just wasn't sure where everyone and everything else was. Admittedly Mulan was less sure of where everything and everyone else was than she'd been almost any time before in her life, but that was immaterial. She'd work it out. Without the help of a talking mouse. Not that she was prejudiced against mice, one of her biggest supporters had been a dragon the length of her forearm so it wasn't as if she was entirely against taking advice from small talking animals, but the mouse wasn't even making much sense. Mushu needed reigning in sometimes ancestors knew but this mouse was something else.

The mouse did have persistence in common with Mushu though.

"Thank you, but I'm doing alright on my own." She said after spending a few long seconds trying to unknot what the mouse had said. Possibly it made sense to someone who had been there at the time but no more than a few words together made sense to Mulan. The mouse was good at finding people she didn't remember? Didn't remember if she was good at finding people? Had found one queen, two queens... honestly, Mulan wouldn't trust the mouse to find her way home, never mind steer Mulan home and not into a bog of eternal stench for her own amusement.

With the mouse in hand - well, on hand, she was definitely not in control of the situation - Mulan started walking, left down the path because it seemed as good a direction as any when she had no idea where she was or where she was going. It was why she missed the mouse telling her that she was in Wonderland, too busy trying to deal with a path that didn't want to stay still or firm underfoot. "That's my sword hand, if you're coming please sit on the opposite shoulder." She said after a small puddle turned out to be deep enough to cover her foot up to her ankle and the resulting drop made her jerk and wave her hands for balance. She doubted she could make the mouse leave at this point, clearly she was interesting to the creature for some reason, but if she was going to be in a strange place with strange ground she wanted her dominant hand free.

Gwendolyn Bashmath
PM
^
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 08:44 AM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 91 posts

"That's what they all say. It's not even a worked-out excuse, you should be ashamed of yourself" Mouse had never met a new visitor who had never been lost in Wonderland in all the years of her life. Even the residents themselves ended up getting lost sometimes, even though they found it too embarrassing to accept and admit it. Tourists, or unlucky people who had the misfortune to take a bad trip, ended up taking paths that should never be taken without any kind of guide. But if this woman claimed that she was not lost, then Dormouse would no longer insist, even if it was more than obvious that her words were nothing more than lies.

"For now. You know, a few weeks ago a tourist told me exactly the same thing... 'I'm fine on my own, I don't need help' he frowned, and left. I never saw him after that. Well, at least I never saw him alive again. He had drowned, in some kind of quicksand. His stay was short, probably a day and a half. Do you want to follow in his footsteps?" okay, maybe she was trying to scare her, but she wasn't sure if it would work because it was obvious that the woman looked pretty sure of herself, not seeming willing to admit that she didn't know where she was going or how to get out of there.

Before her next words (commands) the mouse rolled her eyes and went over the stranger's arm, so that she could rest on her shoulders as she tried to get out of the puddle into which she had just fallen, and when the woman had stabilized and stopped moving her hands in the air like a bird unable to fly, she went over her other arm so that she could sit on the hand in which she had permission to rest. "You're lucky that puddle didn't swallow you whole.... yeah, you obviously know where you're going" Mousey snickered at that, shaking her head. "What's your name, anyway?".

notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine