New Poll

The neverending days of a dreary afterlife, tag Victoria/Katie
Evanna
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 07:36 AM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 94 posts

Tag Victoria Scarlet / Notes: Underworld, presumably before the first curse when Victoria first died

Evanna remembered a time when she had counted the days passing after she died and first arrived in the Underworld, but as the days turned into years and then centuries, Evanna got to the point that it seemed rather pointless to count the days. She'd stopped considering her unfinished business a very long time ago, not long after she chose to dedicate herself to caring for any lost children that found themselves there, cut down at the start of their lives, unfinished business, no family around them to help. It seemed death truly was blind, it did not care who it took, how old they were, how good they were, it took and it took and that was just the way life was.

Today was just another drop in a very large bucket of days, her routine she had down to the point she never even had to consciously think about the tasks ahead of her. Look after the children, make sure they had something to eat, give the older children tasks for the day, eventually go on her walk that was essentially an exploring expedition of sorts. She would walk around some of the areas that children were quite often drawn to after they woke up in the Underworld, see if there were any new arrivals. She would also sometimes go into new areas of the Underworld, though there were less and less of those as she'd been there so long. The Underworld was vast, but not without some limits, and she never ventured too close to where Hades kept himself and his dungeons for the souls he punished and tortured. Sometimes when she did venture too close, she could hear occasional screams of agony coming from below.

She made her way down a path through what for all intents and purposes appeared to be very much like a forest, sometimes it even felt almost familiar, like it was some mimicked version of the Enchanted Forest, though she imagined trees looked the same wherever one wandered. She knew she was close to some caves, and every so often she would find children hiding in there for shelter, she wasn't sure what or who she would find today, but it was her routine and since she died so very long ago, routine was all she had left to cling to.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Victoria Scarlet
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 08:13 AM

Original (Robin Hood/Wonderland)

Enchanted Forest

Katie is online

21 years old / 45 posts

"I've got unfinished business with thieves, but I am thicker than them."
Routine had been all Victoria knew when she lived in the Enchanted Forest. Day in and day out of working at the parish, with Friar Tuck, Victoria would be considered to have obsessive-compulsive disorder these days. But here in the Underworld, chaos uprooted the simplicity and routine of her former life. Making her way around the Underworld's lair and trying to remember where everything was, Victoria suddenly stumbles over a basket that someone had dropped and goes to pick it up. “Ma'am, you dropped this,” she calls out to the redhead retreating. Knowing it probably wouldn't get the woman's attention but hopeful that it would because Victoria wasn't about to let the woman forget about her basket.

Once her slender hands had closed around the handles of the basket, Victoria makes her way over to join the redhead woman and gave her a soft smile. “You don't look familiar. Are you new like I am?” Victoria asks, suddenly curious.

158 Words // Outfit // Evanna

--------------------
user posted image
Graphics © Bach
PMEmail
^
Evanna
 Posted: May 2 2017, 01:38 PM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 94 posts

Tag Victoria Scarlet / Notes: Underworld, presumably before the first curse when Victoria first died

Fortunately for Victoria, Evanna had been quite in tune to her surroundings since she was out and about keeping an out for any lost children, or really anyone lost in general that might need assistance. So when the woman spoke up and called after Evanna, it only took a few seconds to register that someone was speaking to her and she stopped walking and turned back towards the voice. She had many places around the Underworld that kids were often drawn to after finding themselves there, so Evanna often would leave small baskets around for anyone in need. So she hadn't really left it there by accident, more on purpose, but as she walked back to the young woman, she smiled warmly in greeting. She was used to dealing with children so she naturally always came across in a very non-threatening manner to people she hadn't met before.

"Oh, hello there, actually I left that there on purpose, this is an area I often find lost children that end up here, where there's water nearby and shelter in some caves just below, so I like to leave the baskets around in case some are too frightened to come out, so they have food. I'm not terribly new here no, but it is a very large place, I have been here, my, it must be well over a few hundred years at this point, and I do not believe I've even explored the whole place, especially the lower areas where Hades keeps his prisoners and his throne room. I'm Evanna, have you been here long?"

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Victoria Scarlet
 Posted: May 13 2017, 11:21 AM

Enchanted Forest

Katie is online

21 years old / 45 posts

“Oh.” The response was simple. Short. Victoria was still getting used to life down here in the Underworld, and getting used to others being just like her. Her hand still grasps the cloth so Victoria reaches to place it back down on the ground. Before she heard the other woman's question. “I'm Victoria, and no, not very long.” Not even long enough to adapt to life down here, or to form any bonds of friendship. “I still get confused even though I haven't been here that long, and never know which way to get somewhere,” Victoria explains to the other woman, wringing her hands nervously; a brief smile to match.

She didn't want the other woman to pity her nervousness but Victoria did hope that she could make a few friends while she was down here in the Underworld, or try to belittle her for acting nervous like this.

This didn't happen that often to Victoria.

154 Words // Outfit // Evanna

--------------------
user posted image
Graphics © Bach
PMEmail
^
Evanna
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:59 PM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 94 posts

Evanna nodded and smiled warmly, though she generally leaned towards helping children mostly, it wasn't unusual for her to help others as well, especially people new or lost. Victoria seemed like a sweet soul, not that Evanna has always had the best judgement of people, since Malcolm had so completely had her fooled all those years ago. Something that to this day was something she wasn't at all proud of, but on the other hand it had given her a son, a son she had ultimately failed to protect and lost. So many regrets, it was no wonder she'd ended up in the part of the Underworld where people with unfinished business went.

"Oh, don't feel bad, this place can be hard to get used to, and I honestly think Hades has a tendency to occasionally add areas and change things as time passes, maybe even based on his moods I'm not entirely sure. I have an area I've sort of carved out for myself and a few others and the children I keep watch over, about an hour's walk from here. You're welcome to come with me and even stay around there if you'd like, I could always use the help with the children, many pass on to the better place, but some can't figure out their unfinished business, and I try to do my best to keep them safe, especially from that nasty piece of work blind witch who talks of eating them." She did her best to keep the area she kept the children far from the blind witch, who hadn't been in the Underworld all that long, but was already causing her problems.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Victoria Scarlet
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 03:48 PM

Enchanted Forest

Katie is online

21 years old / 45 posts

How could Victoria not feel bad? Adjusting to some place like the Underworld took a lot out of her. “He does?” Victoria had a lot to look forward to then if she was going to be here for a while. And then the other woman brings up protecting the young children from the blind witch who also lived in the Underworld, about as long as Victoria had been there. “Yes, I'll go with you. If you don't mind me asking, Evanna, are you from the same place I am?” Victoria knew she was going to make a few friends here with the ones who were nice to her and be a “mother” to the children who had unfinished business here in the Underworld while helping those who didn't move on to a better life than the one they would have here.

In all her life in the Enchanted Forest, never had Victoria experienced this kind of chill. “Is it always chilly in here?”

156 Words // Outfit // Evanna

--------------------
user posted image
Graphics © Bach
PMEmail
^
Evanna
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 04:34 PM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 94 posts

Evanna nodded and motioned for Victoria to follow her, she still had one more spot she wanted to check out on the way back for where sometimes children would go and hide when they first arrived in the Underworld, After that she would pick up a basket of some fresh vegetables from an older woman who kept a garden, and then on to where Evanna had set up her and the kids with a decent size cabin with plenty of rooms and beds. It was protected by a wall around it to keep the younger kids in the yard, but it didn't always work. They were dead after all, so it wasn't like they needed to stay safe, but Evanna wanted to give them a sense of normalcy, like everything was just as it was before they died. Plus in a place where the water meant your soul being lost forever, she wanted to make sure the younger kids didn't go off and play in one of the ponds, lakes or rivers that could spell an outcome more dire than just death.

"Oh, I may be I suppose, I have been here for a rather long time, I had no idea just how many realms there were beyond mine until I started meeting people down here, it seems there are quite a very many. I'm from one most call the Enchanted Forest, but as I said, I have been here for, well I believe nearly a few hundred years, but honestly after awhile I kind of just stopped counting and just focused on helping any children I found. Sadly unfinished business doesn't seem to only be with adults, but younger children as well, though I have never come across anyone younger than perhaps around four or five. I think there has to be some sense of, something, I'm not sure, but something that babies and toddlers just don't have yet, or maybe they do but the gods seem fit to spare them." Evanna shrugged as they walked along the path through the area that appeared to be a forest, only there weren't any sounds of birds or animals around, just quiet.

thanks!

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine