New Poll

A spa day in the midsts of magical chaos, tag Chloe/Sed
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 09:11 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

36 years old / 110 posts

As Amanda got ready for the day, she cracked open a couple of windows to air out their suite at the Dragonfly, she figured it wouldn't be long until it was too cold outside to open windows. For now the air had that nice crisp feeling to it, the sun made things warm despite the nip in the air. It was the perfect time of year in Amanda's mind, not too hot, not too cold. The leaves all turned to such vibrant colours, it was beautiful, when crazy or scary things weren't happening in Storybrooke. At least through all of that she had Nick, that had been a light in the darkness for her, to have a real life with the man she loved. The town was tense with the appearance of some castle, Amanda hadn't poked around, but despite everything going on her and Chloe had decided that perhaps they should grab whatever sense of normalcy they could and continue ahead with one of their monthly spa and girl's days out.

Nick was already off to the school for the day, or at least she presumed that's where he was. She had cleared her schedule with Lorelai so everything was set for a day of relaxation, shopping and fun with her friend. She gathered some things together, tossed them in her bag and then locked the room door on her way out. Of course then she realised she forgot something, so she ducked back into her room and dug around in the night-stand. She finally found it, a small dagger, something that ever since zombies had started appearing and with all the demon Rumple things that had happened before that, Nick had felt safer if she carried it around. Not that Amanda imagined she'd be very good with using it, though probably stabbing zombies would be easier than if someone living attacked her. Finally, she left the room again, locking the door behind her and headed across to Chloe's room. She imagined that's where she'd find Chloe, since she wasn't waiting outside Amanda's door.

She was so glad Chloe was here, the more the months passed since the younger woman had arrived in Storybrooke she had just grown closer to her new friend. Not that it was surprising, she had always admired Chloe in their brief time together on Destiny. She as also glad that it was one less person Nick had to worry about, wondering what had happened to his colleagues and friends after he was taken off Destiny by the portal. Not that Nick worried about many from Destiny, or that he'd admit to, she imagined he worried more that they'd discover something amazing in his absence, but that was just one of the many reasons she loved Nick.

Once outside Chloe's room, Amanda knocked lightly a few times.

"Chloe, it's me........"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Chloe
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 09:53 AM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Chloe is online

N/A years old / 93 posts

Chloe had been having a nice dream about what she didn’t quite want to admit to herself, but as knocking at the door came to her, she muttered something, sleepily, scrubbing her face on the pillows of the incredibly comfortable bed. ”Hi….me…” She yawned out as she reached for her cell phone to check the time, instantly awake, and scrambling out of her bed, promptly falling to the floor in her hate. ”FUCK!” She swore out hatefully. She briefly acknowledged that she had known, even in that somewhat delicious dream, that she was sleeping too long. Chloe’s internal clock was pretty accurate most of the time – most of the time. Rubbing her behind a moment, she went to the door, sheepishly opening it to face Amanda. ”Uhh, hey Amanda…come on in, gimme a minute or five to throw some clothes on. I forgot to set the alarm on my phone last night. I’m so sorry!” Chloe felt her cheeks start to burn as she went to the small alcove that she used for her dresser/wardrobe, and pulled a pair of jeans off a hanger, tossing them onto the bed.

”I wasn’t even out that late, I was back before 11, and in bed by 11:30, after I took a shower. I can’t believe I forgot a thing like setting my alarm, it’s like a religious thing for me. I make sure I set it before my head hits the pillow.” Chloe tossed a long-sleeved top onto the bed, happy that she had clothes now. A steady job working for the resident sexy blind lawyer had given her the means to start building a nice little wardrobe, but it was still pretty basic. A few classical pieces, a button-down shirt, a nice sweater, slacks – things that she would normally need for a job. Mind you, her boss was blind but she did like to make sure she looked presentable for the clientele most days. She shrugged out of the over-sized tee shirt she used as a night shirt and went about getting dressed. She was starting to fill out again, no longer able to see each individual rib in her chest, her hip bones not so painfully pronounced. ”I chipped my polish at work the other day and it drove me nuts, so I just went ahead and removed the polish myself. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get fussed at for that one, since I didn’t have the nice remover they do at the salon.”

Chloe finally pulled her shirt on, and grabbed her purse from beside the bed, a copy of Steven Hawking’s A Brief History of Time falling to the floor as she did. She stooped down and put the book back up on the nightstand, giving it a light tap as she did. She had been thankful that the book had shown up at the library, and had been checked it out for the third time just a few days ago. ”Alright, I’m ready. So sorry about that again, I can’t believe I forgot to set that stupid alarm! Especially for girl’s day.” Chloe grabbed her cell off the charger and gave Amanda a huge grin, a lock of hair falling into her face as she did.

Amanda Perry

--------------------
user posted image
Graphics by the Lovely Bach! Request yours Here!
PMEmail
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 11:39 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

36 years old / 110 posts

It was rare for Chloe to not already be awake, especially if she had plans, but things happened and the fact that Chloe wasn't ready to go didn't really phase Amanda at all. After living a hard life of being fully paralysed for most of it, and then in a computer and then dead, Amanda was just happy to be alive, so she was never in any real hurry. Of course, she always made sure to check into her shifts downstairs in time for running the front desk at the Dragonfly where she stayed, but other than that Amanda liked to just take life as it came, because she knew just how short and fleeting that could be. She waited just a few seconds before carefully opening the door to Chloe's room and entering with a warm smile.

"It's fine, it happens to the best of us, and besides it's Spa day after all, should be relaxing, so there's really no rush. I have one of those annoying alarm clocks where if you press the button again to make sure you set it for the correct time while it's on, it won't go off when it should, you have to turn it off and back on, really rather annoying, I should really buy a new one, but Nick likes the one we have so........"

Amanda had never really worn nail polish before, she had that one home care nurse years ago that thought it would be good for Amanda to feel some semblance of normal if they did her hair, fixed her nails, but Amanda had never really felt like they helped her feel any better, though in all fairness back when she was confined to a wheelchair, the only things that really helped her escape was science and maths, to be able to contribute to society in a meaningful way despite her handicaps. She paced a bit as Chloe got ready, not nervous pacing, just it was a nice day outside and she didn't seem capable of standing still at the moment, something that happened a lot since she had full use of her legs and arms.

"I doubt they'll mind too much at the salon, well unless we get that one girl, but most people around this town are pleasantly laid back." She smiled and adjusted her purse strap as they prepared to leave the room at last. "I'm definitely going to need coffee, I haven't had any yet..........." She said as she stifled a small yawn, she wasn't tired really, she had slept just fine, but she also had gotten up earlier than normal since she usually slept for at least another hour after Nick left for work, unless she had the morning shift at the front desk.

Chloe

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Chloe
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 09:07 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Chloe is online

N/A years old / 93 posts

Pushing the lock of hair back behind her ear, Chloe slipped her cell phone into the back pocket of her jeans and nodded. “Coffee is a must this morning. Coffee and maybe a Danish too.” Chloe chuckled a bit as she went to follow Amanda out the door, letting it latch closed behind him. She wanted to stop a moment to see if Eli was in, just kind of say “hey we’re off now”, maybe even see if he wanted to get a cheese burger and fries this evening, but instead opted to continue following behind Amanda. She could figure Eli out later, or rather, she could figure out how to make some more ground with her best friend later, because right now a girl’s day was exactly what she needed, and she was incredibly thankful that Matt had let her have the day off to continue on with tradition.

”You given any thought about the holidays yet? I know they’re a couple months off, but I thought maybe getting all of us together for Thanksgiving and Christmas might be really nice. Nothing to extravagant, just maybe a dinner or something small. With us being trapped here in Storybrooke, we’re all the family we’ve got, and even if I never get to see my mom or any of the others again, I think I could be okay with it, knowing I have the three of you here with me.” Okay rational brain catch up, and stop heading into the feels this early in the morning Chloe, neither of us have had enough coffee yet, she reminded herself. Things were easier now, between them, after that first awkward meeting a few months back. Chloe had never forgotten how much she had stuck her feet in her mouth, over and over and over again with Amanda. And since then Chloe had tried not to be such a klutz, or moron around the other woman, but she usually felt she made a jackass of herself at least once a day – sometimes twice in a day. Not that Chloe was counting, but sometimes it was hard to get a read on Amanda.

Before, Chloe would chalk her nerves up to just meeting another person and leave it at that, now? Well, now Chloe knew it was because she wanted very much to make sure that her pseudo-father figure was happy. Amanda made him happy, but there was no way Amanda could take the place of a mother figure in her mind. Not when she was closer to her own age, no, Chloe wanted Amanda as a friend, but outside of being useful because she could figure out FLT jumps in her head, or because Matt had seen her as one of the only women he could have been faithful to… Chloe realized how little she had in her life outside of her job – a while ago actually. Her boyfriend had been unfaithful to her with her best friend, she had no job to return to once back on Earth, (working with Matt was the best yet, and she actually enjoyed his company a lot), and going to have Amanda, Rush and Eli in her life for as long as they were here. And Amanda had had things so far worse than she did, and here the other woman was thriving… happily. There should have been something to that, Chloe realized, something about it that should have given her a little boost, or the will to stop feeling sorry for herself, but it was still there. Chloe shook her head.

”Even if it’s as small as getting together for dinner at the diner or something, just all of us together. I’d very much like that I think.”

Amanda Perry

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:28 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

36 years old / 110 posts

At the word 'Danish' Amanda hadn't realised she was even hungry before that, but now her mind was filled with all sorts of various delicious pastries that could be combined with her coffee. Though she was probably just going to get a Danish as well to make the decision-making easier, she couldn't hep but imagine what else they'd have she might be in the mood for. Muffins, croissants, doughnuts, the list was endless. Food seemed like such an ordinary thing, but after having been confined in a wheelchair most of her life requiring assistance to eat the simplest of foods, she loved the freedom now to choose what she ate, no matter what the food was since choking was no longer a worry for her.

"Yea we should definitely get something to go with the coffee, I hadn't even realised I was hungry until you mentioned Danish." Amanda smiled warmly as they made their way out of the Inn, and smiled even bigger at the suggestion of maybe doing something special for the holidays. Though she missed her brother and friends back home and wished desperately she could get word to them she was alive, the idea of at least spending the holidays with her friends who were in Storybrooke seemed like positively the best idea ever made. She nodded and smiled.

"That sounds wonderful, I know Nick might get a bit bah humbug about holidays, but I'm sure he'd still love the idea of all of us spending it together. Besides, even if he doesn't seem up to the idea, the two of us can convince him easily enough. Where should we get together? The four of us all stay in rooms here, maybe Lorelai would let us use one of the common rooms downstairs she uses for functions sometimes. Though we've got plenty of time to work it all out, still hard to believe this will be my second holidays here, sometimes it feels like time is standing still, and other times like it's just flying by faster than I can keep up."
She gave Chloe a warm smile as they made their way out of the Inn and down the street towards their favourite place to get coffee and pastries.

Chloe

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Chloe
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 08:12 AM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Chloe is online

N/A years old / 93 posts

As they walked towards the coffee shop, Chloe thought about the idea of trying to convince Dr. Rush to do anything outside of what he wanted to do. The man was acerbic at the best of times and when his mind was set against something, well… it might do better to let Amanda try and do the convincing about having a holiday together. The last time she had tried to convince the doctor of something she had been fussed that that he wasn’t a child who needed to be bribed… even if he acted like it most of the time, in her opinion. All this talk of the holiday made her realize that her mother was going to be alone, again, this Christmastide, and the idea that she was here back on Earth, and fine for the most part – with no way of telling her mother, made her feel miserable a moment. As the door for the coffee shop came into view, she reached forward to open the door for the both of them, holding it open for Amanda to head inside first.

”Well, I’m not certain about anything when it comes to Dr. Rush, but I like the idea about asking Lorelai if there’s a room where we could put up a Christmas tree, maybe have a few of those dinners together, spend some evenings together doing the whole Christmas thing. I’m sure Eli would enjoy the chance, he seems to be a big on the holiday type person to me.” And that brought a smile to Chloe’s lips as she moved towards the pastry counter, looking over all the different items they had displayed today. She already knew what sort of coffee she wanted, the same thing she got here every time, a hazelnut mocha – it tasted so much like Nutella that Chloe was convinced they added a spoon of the stuff to the cup before the coffee went into it. Turning a bit, she looked back to Amanda, grinning. ”And you as well. I imagine that you would like the idea of a traditional Christmas too, getting to experience all that goes along with it fully.” Chloe had stuck her foot in her mouth quite a few times before when it came to Amanda, and she was trying as much as possible to be more mindful of all the things that the other woman hadn’t had the chance to experience growing up as she had – try and show her some more of the things she might have missed, try not to belittle the experience, or call too much attention to the fact. Chloe still didn’t know if Amanda was one of those who would be alright answering questions, or even, wanting to be reminded of the disability that had kept her immobile for years, and while Chloe knew the short story, she had always wondered the longer story of it. Too polite to ask though, Chloe kept her wondering to herself.

”That is, if you like the idea of a traditional Christmas of course. I could be completely be off base, you can tell me if I am.” Chloe let an easy smile slide onto her face, hoping that she hadn’t just had another stick her foot in her mouth moment once again.

Amanda Perry

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 05:16 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

36 years old / 110 posts

Amanda smiled and nodded a thanks as Chloe held the door open for her. It didn't seem that busy, at least not as busy as it normally was when she went to get her coffee earlier in the day. She didn't often go, but sometimes she wanted something a bit more than the regular coffee that they sold at the Inn so she would head to the coffee place before her shift started. Usually also picking up something for Lorelai as the other lady seemed like a bottomless pit where coffee was concerned. She glanced at the menu as she listened to Chloe talk about Christmas, nodding a few times in agreement.

"I think it would be good for Nick for us to do something nice for Christmas even if he would never admit that out loud." She smiled and paused as Chloe placed her order with the barista. Once Chloe ordered, Amanda stepped up and ordered a medium chai latte and a cranberry-white chocolate Danish. Then she stepped over to the other side of the counter with Chloe where their orders would be placed when they were done and went back to focusing on their conversation about Christmas.

"My parents and brother always tried to make the holidays special for me after the accident, but it always felt a bit like an elephant in the room, especially with their guilt that they walked away from the accident mostly fine and I on the other hand, well....." She smiled warmly, it hadn't been an easy life but Amanda had never been one to let her past condition hinder her, reflected by her determination in school and her career. It was truthfully more awkward for other people back when she was confined to a chair, never knowing what to say or how to act around her and that did get tiresome. "I think that's been the hardest since I arrived in Storybrooke. They think I'm dead, at least I assume someone from the air force told them I was, and I guess that was true eventually, but now I'm not only alive again but no longer paralysed and I have no way to tell them. Though I guess that's how we all feel in a sense, wondering what our loved ones back home think of our absence, even those of us who didn't die."

Before she could say anything else the barista called them over to pick up their order.

Chloe

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Chloe
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 01:46 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Chloe is online

N/A years old / 93 posts

”Same, both him and Eli need to have a break from school and grading papers and the stress of the winter term. It’d be nice to have a sit down dinner, maybe go and pick out a Christmas tree all together and then sit down and decorate it like a family.” Chloe knew the suggestion was dual sided – it would do good for her and Amanda as well, but seeing as how the guys were sometimes pretty intensely focused on their work and what they did outside of it – for Eli at least – sometimes they had to take the lead in that. As the paper mug of coffee was set up on the counter, Chloe took it in hand, relishing the warmth of it in her hand. She was going to like the taste even better here in just a moment. Waiting until Amanda had her order, she finally cracked the lid off the top of the cup and took a deep swallow of the Nutella tasting goodness that was the brew, setting the lid back in place a moment later.

”I’ve… found that if I start to think about it, it spirals out of control, thinking about my mom, here on the same planet finally, but having no way of letting her know I’m alive. Of the others back on the ship.. that if I think about it too long, I just start crying, and I don’t want to cry any more, not over that. Not…” Chloe paused, knowing her situation was so much more different from Amanda’s, but still learning where the line was in being able to relate and not offend, because it was true. Amanda’s life had been a shit show for most of it, her hardships where much worse than any one person should have ever had to endure, so there was a fine line that Chloe still tried to learn, even after all these months of being there in Storybrooke together. ”We should focus on the holiday, I think. Try and make something special for all of us, a new tradition, something to remind the four of us that we have one another, that we still have that, and maybe, start feeling like that might be enough, even if we don’t all truly feel like it at times.” Chloe had never missed her mom as much as she did in that moment, knowing that she was going to be spending Christmas time without her again, but, she really did believe it, that the four of them could come up with something special between them – a way to celebrate, and also a way to pay tribute to some of the customs they may have had with their own families and kind of blend them together into something that was their own.

”And today’s spa day.. talk like this is more… rom-coms, pints of ice cream, and painting toe nails sort of night talk.” Chloe tried to lace some humor into her statement, if only to make sure that Amanda knew she wasn’t trying to back out of having that deeper conversation with her, because Chloe did want to have this conversation, she wanted to know Amanda better every time they spent time together, but a deep conversation like that deserved a special time and place to address. And a place where if there were going to be tears, that they could be cried freely. ”Which we should one-hundred percent do here very soon, I don’t think we’ve had a heart to heart night in a while, that I can remember.”

Amanda Perry

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine