Home!... Sorta, Tag;; Thomas
The Baker
 Posted: May 9 2017, 04:02 PM

Into the Woods

Enchanted Forest

Twin is online

30 years old / 69 posts

The Baker knew where he was!

He had been in Thomas' store when a portal had taken him away from the place. He had fallen through and landed in a giant mound of snow, unharmed by freezing his little buns off. He wasn't exactly dressed like it was the middle of summer, considering he lived in Maine, but he hadn't been expecting a dip in three feet of snow, either. He shivered as he climbed his way out of the mound and was able to get to his feet, the man wrapping his arms around himself in an effort to keep warm.

There was snow everywhere, and a large castle off in the distance. So far off that it was difficult to make out exactly what kind of castle it was, or what shape it was in. But that didn't mean The Baker couldn't figure out where he was. Actually, it was because he knew the shape of that distance structure that he knew he was back in the Enchanted Forest! Well, sort of. He was in Arendelle!

It was just too bad his son was still in Storybrooke, or he might have considered trying to find his way home. As it stood, however, he desperately wanted to get back to that town before his son started to miss him. He had left him with the sitter to visit his good friend at the toy shop.

"Thomas?!" He called, hoping he would be able to find him in the snow. Maybe he hadn't come along after all? It was possible he might have been able to grip onto something- to save himself from falling into the portal.

"Thomas, are you here?!" He called again, moving slowly through the snow. Clearly it wasn't the warmest time of the year for the snow-covered realm. He wished he had thicker pants on.

His knees were knocking together.

Thomas O'Hare
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: May 16 2017, 02:59 PM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

29 years old / 103 posts

Spring, it had definitely been very much Spring in Storybrooke, with very little reminders that it had been winter. Sure there were places there was still bits of snow, in the forest especially, but the last thing Thomas remembered was Spring, and so he had dressed for a warm spring day. Fortunately he had not dressed for a hot summer day, that would have been much worse when he suddenly found himself falling through the floor of his shop with his friend the Baker and into a large fluffy pile of very cold snow.

Granted, in all fairness, there could have been worse things to land on. Rocks for instance, rocks definitely would have been oh so much worse. Broken glass, solid ice, nails, yep a long list of things that would be far worse to land on than fluffy snow. Yet it was cold, and Thomas was a bit dazed from having fallen, so he wasn't really in the mood to consider all the ways he was fortunate to have landed and gotten buried in snow. When Thomas opened his eyes, all he could see was white, and he started to panic and frail around a bit, making all sorts of noises.

He heard a familiar voice, that calmed him some and he finally managed to right himself and hop up from the snow, brushing himself off he looked around. Snowy, lots of snow, castles in the distance, felt familiar but well in all fairness normally when Thomas was in the Enchanted Forest he was seeing everything from the point of view of a rather small rabbit and he hadn't really travelled very far around, outside of where Belle had been in Rumple's castle, and the Charming's, but never so far away as the snowy bits of the realm.

"Where are we, and my, I'm still me, well I'm always me of course, but I'm human me, not rabbit me, something with the portal must have, oh any way, do you know where we are? I've never gone through a portal like that before, always travelled with the curse, not sure I like that kind of travel between realms, bit topsy turvy, my it's cold........ maybe we should start walking towards the castle, must be warmth there...."

The Baker

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
The Baker
 Posted: May 26 2017, 06:05 PM

Into the Woods

Enchanted Forest

Twin is online

30 years old / 69 posts

The Baker smiled when he saw Thomas pop up in the snow. It was good to see that he wasn’t harmed, and that he hadn’t changed forms. He wandered closer to him, trudging through the snow. Silently, he wondered if lighter people had it easier. Being a somewhat heavier set man, it was obvious that he would sink further into the snow, right? That made it harder to walk.

Or maybe he was just being bitter because he was much more used to paths and cement streets than snow he had to crawl through.

“I do know where we are,” replied The Baker with a nod of his head, “this is Arendelle. I used to visit the village from time to time when there were festivals. They trade mostly in ice, but bread is never unwelcome.” He chuckled lightly. He had never really seen the young queen Elsa or her sister, though. A lot had happened before the curse and they had been dealing with plenty of drama within their own kingdom. He’d been more focused on the Ogre Wars back home.

“I can’t believe we’re really back home! This kingdom neighbors the Enchanted Forest! I could go back to my old bakery within a couple of days if I wanted to! If only there were something worth going back to,” he sighed heavily, wondering if the place was even still there or if it had been destroyed by the Ogres.

“That was my first time through a portal, too,” he sighed, “I heard about it happening but I never thought it would happen to me! I must get back to my son! But… you’re right. We should head to the castle. I’m sure we would freeze to death if we lingered out here too long.” It was unreasonably cold.

So he started to move again, waiting for Thomas to join him before slowly making his way towards the castle. “I know her highness is in Storybrooke,” he mused as they walked, “so I wonder if the town will welcome strangers, or if they’re in some kind of state of emergency without her…” it wouldn’t be good for them if that were the case, that’s for sure.

Thomas O'Hare
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: May 31 2017, 02:32 PM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

29 years old / 103 posts

Arendelle, that name was familiar, ah yes of course it wasn't that long ago the ice queen from there had shown up in Storybrooke. Thomas had heard stories about that kingdom when he lived in the Enchanted Forest, but he never ventured anywhere close to it. Too cold, too snowy, and now Thomas was seeing that his decision as a rabbit to avoid the place was, though at least in rabbit form he'd have had better warmth against the cold and snow. This was absolutely freezing, and since it had been spring in Storybrooke, he definitely had not been dressed for this sort of weather any more. He shivered, nodded and tried to keep his teeth from chattering inside his head.

"Ah, yes, I've heard of this kingdom, back when Elsa showed up in Storybrooke, didn't meet her personally, but it was hard to miss the giant ice wall around Storybrooke. Well, whether they are welcoming or not, better than standing here and freezing our booties off." He sighed, rubbed his hands together, blew in them, took a deep breath and started trudging forward through the snow. As they finally got a ways, up a bit of a hill, Thomas paused for a break, rubbing his hands and blowing in them once again and looked back to see how the Baker was doing. Thomas was tall and lean after all, so walking in the snow might be cold, but not nearly as hard on his long wiry legs.

"I think I see a road not far, if we can get there, walking will be a bit easier to the castle, it's probably the main road for the carriages, as far as I can tell from here. What I would give for some of your warm chocolate chip muffins about now, washed down with some nice rich hot cocoa....." That sounded delicious, and it reminded Thomas that he hadn't eaten and was quite hungry, hopefully there were some nice people in that kingdom, he only had the currency on him for the Land Without Magic, nothing for Enchanted Forest currency, not that he'd ever had any since he was normally a small hoppity rabbit when he was here.

The Baker

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
The Baker
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 11:10 AM

Into the Woods

Enchanted Forest

Twin is online

30 years old / 69 posts

“You’re right, of course!” He knew they needed to get out of the snow. Neither of them were likely built for it. Sure, he had the extra blubber, but that didn’t mean he was very good in the cold! He shivered and wrapped his arms around himself, wishing he had managed to grab a coat before falling into the portal. Then again, he supposed that wasn’t really a very viable thing to hope for, since... You don’t really plan to fall and you’re certainly not thinking about anything other than blind panic on the way down!

He also remembered the trouble Elsa had caused, but he knew it was just because she had been frightened and along, and she wasn’t sure what to do with herself. From what she had heard of the woman, she was very kind and a great queen. It must have been a great distress to find up in Storybrooke.

Elsa was a kind woman. There was no reason to fear her, or her ice powers. But there was plenty of reason to fear the snow around them, as well as the ominous clouds above.

He followed his friend through the snow, slowly making his way towards the town. It wasn’t a fun trip, but at least he was used to long excursions. He’d gone on quiet the journey to have the curse from his house lifted so he could have children again. But the forest had been much warmer than this place.

“That would be wonderful,” he replied with a heavy sigh, “I think my toes are frozen pushing through this snow!” He was only mostly kidding- they were very cold, too, much like the rest of him. And he didn’t have the warmest shoes, his worn from long hours of work and an inability to drag himself to the store to buy a new pair. His wife would have yelled at him for it, surely.

Were she alive.

“When we get back, that’ll be the first thing we have, then,” he chuckled lightly, “I’ll have a nice fire going, too... In one of the ovens.” He followed Thomas until they got to the road, then paused for a moment to let out a heavy sigh, catching his breath. “Maybe I’m not as used to these long walks as I remember,” he said, though mostly to himself since he hadn’t voiced those thoughts out loud. “How are you doing?”

Thomas O'Hare
PM
^
Thomas O'Hare
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 10:56 AM

Velveteen Rabbit

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

29 years old / 103 posts

Thomas was trying not to think about the cold. He couldn't imagine why anyone would want to live in a cold kingdom like this. He wasn't really sure if the fact he was a rabbit also meant that even while in human form he had a bit more immunity to cold than humans, somehow he felt like that might not be the case since he didn't have fur as a human. It just didn't seem the same as a sense of smell or hearing. Though it could also just be that Thomas just didn't like the cold, it didn't matter what he could or couldn't stand, it was just he didn't like it. He crossed his arms as they walked to try and keep more body heat close to his body. At least his human body was tall, made walking through the snow easier, but he was still glad once they were on the proper road.

He stamped his feet a bit once they were out of the deeper snow to get some of the access snow off his shoes.

"Phew, glad to be out of the deep stuff. I'm getting on all right, don't really care for the cold, but walking doesn't bother me. I mean it helps I was a rabbit before I had this human body, but even still I walk quite a bit. Always walking about my store or walking around Storybrooke testing out my new toys, sometimes just walking because walking is fun." Thomas might not be one for exercise beyond walking, he didn't run or do any push ups or sit ups or any of those types of things, but he loved to walk, and jump sometimes if it was required, and skipping, he was a big fan of skipping. As they walked along, eventually Thomas could hear some horses and a carriage coming up the road behind them, also heading for the castle in the distance.

"Oh, hey maybe we should slow down and wait for that carriage to catch up to us, might be willing to give us a ride since we appear to be going in the same direction!" He really hoped they would be kind, he was tired of walking in the cold, and he couldn't imagine his friend the Baker was having any more fun than Thomas was.

The Baker

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine