John Watson
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 09:18 PM

bbc sherlock

Land Without Magic

ANDREA is online

40s years old / 38 posts

I will never let you
down
John had been trying to settle into the new and sweet little village of Storybrooke, yet he couldn't shake off the fact that it was still a prison. Yes, it was a nice one, but still a cage without the one person in the world who had saved him. He frowned as he was reminded of the loss, but he tried to keep hope alive that he would find his friend here in the town. So far, however, his search for him proved to be fruitless. His disappointment had brought him to the relatively quiet pub, a place that had seemed good enough to drink away his troubles. God, he had been so wrong. Now sitting at the bar counter, he couldn't help but feel worse. He just wanted to go home to Baker Street. He would give anything to see that annoying git of a man again.

The small man sighed as he lifted his hands to rub them over his face before his cobalt eyes fixed themselves on the pint in front of him. John had already consumed two good size pints without food, so he was starting to feel a slight buzz within his body. No, he wasn't drunk yet, but he was well on his way. It probably wasn't the best thing to do. After all, he needed his senses clear in this new world that he found himself stuck inside of currently. So he was already feeling a little regret at his decision as he lifted his new drink to his lips. “Idiot.” He muttered to himself before he took another drink, a strong hatred for himself settling into him.

PM
^
Dracula
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 10:34 PM

Dracula

Land Without Color

Ellie is online

600+ years old / 46 posts

Vlad paused, drink half way to his mouth, and studied the man who'd just spoken. Shorter than him, stockier, hair that looked to Vlad as if it was slightly gingery, clothing that was almost a uniform in its utilitarian nature and colour scheme - but perhaps that was a biased opinion. Vlad had spent enough centuries around them to recognise a military man when he saw one. Not a mercenary, he'd have said, and not currently in a military role, but still. There was something about the way he sat, the way he moved, that spoke to Vlad.

There was also a lot in the misery on the man's face that spoke to him.

Would anything about Vlad speak to the other man? He'd been told - he knew - that he always came across as someone who was used to serious command, the sort that governed cities and moved armies, that most could tell when he moved that he'd be a formidable foe in a fight. He didn't look miserable - rarely was, and why should he be with his wives at his side and a world before him? - and unlike the man beside him there was no suggestion of uniform or practicality in his dress. Grey jeans, bright blue t-shirt with a faded orange fish on it, green greatcoat and boots with cats on them.

"Amen to that." He said after a moment, taking a swig of his own drink - some sort of flavoured cider that tasted mostly of sweet-sour chemicals to him. He'd ordered it on a whim and because of the relatively high alcohol content, seeing as it took a fair amount to get him drunk. Well, less if he drank from a drunk person, but that always left him feeling like he'd picked up lice from someone so he didn't do that very often. "Anything in particular bring that on?"

John Watson
PM
^
John Watson
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 11:54 PM

bbc sherlock

Land Without Magic

ANDREA is online

40s years old / 38 posts

I will never let you
down
John hadn't expected for anyone to answer him, so he was a little startled at first. His big deep blue eyes looked up at Vlad, taking in the features of the warrior count that was seated next to him. The man looked young, though he couldn't place his age, though he assumed that he was younger then himself. He had no idea that the man was centuries older then him. He was also clearly quite good-looking, which struck John as strange that such a handsome guy would be alone. Vlad seemed the kind of guy people would go head-over-heels for, unlike himself, though he had enough girlfriends. Heck, people often thought Sherlock was his boyfriend.

There he was again, going through his head. He frowned a little as he dragged his gaze away, taking another drink, though he was already feeling rather tipsy. “Feeling homesick. I miss London.” He admitted looking at his small hands, which he lifted to rub over his face before they moved to brush through his short graying locks. He released a faint frustrated whine as his hands came to rest on the bar counter once more. “I miss Sherlock. I miss that crazy git.” He muttered softly as his gaze turned back to Vlad, a kind of sad smile on his lips. “And I think.. drinking was a bad idea. I was never good at holding my liquor.” John pushed his glass aside, deciding to quit before he got really bad off. He then offered his hand to him as he introduced himself. “John Watson.”

Dracula

PM
^
Dracula
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 09:48 PM

Dracula

Land Without Color

Ellie is online

"Ah." He said after a moment, slowly circling his glass on the bartop. Several worlds seemed to have similar places, his own world had had a London but there was no real way of knowing if they were talking about the same one or not. "The streetlights looked pretty in the fog." He offered anyway on the off chance that the London John came form had streetlights that looked pretty in the fog or he'd seen photographs and knew what Vlad was talking about. He hadn't spent a huge amount of time in the London of the land without colour - perpetually damp, a few nice castles, bit of a run in with the peelers... - but he hadn't disliked it.

He tapped the glass against his teeth, frowning at nothing in particular. Sherlock, Sherlock... he was pretty sure Shylock was from Shakespeare, the Merchant of Venice wasn't it? Justina would probably know but Sherlock... "That would be Sherlock Holmes of the pipe and deerstalker?" He asked, turning to look at John with open curiosity on his face. He didn't recall where he'd heard the name - when he'd been in London? more generally around here? - but he thought he knew the silhouette.

"Sounds like you needed it though." He replied with the shrug of someone who'd done many a thing they knew they'd regret later but had done anyway because it had been or felt right at the time. In fact sometimes the regret didn't kick in at all despite his feeling like it should which was... well, he was too much of a heartless beast to be upset about it but he knew it had worried a whole lot of people when he'd been alive, and rightly so.

The name rang a bell as well and brought with it the impression of tweed suits and eye glasses for some reason, so maybe he'd first encountered these names when something was on the TV or one of his wives had been waving an illustrated book around as the man before him definitely wasn't in a tweed suit. Might be wearing contacts or need reading glasses, Vlad had no idea on that score, but it didn't really matter to him either as he took the offered hand with one of his cold ones. "Vlad Dracua, pleasure."

Perhaps he was watching John's face a little too intently, but sue him - he still got a kick out of how people who recognised the name reacted to it.

John Watson
PM
^
John Watson
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 01:26 AM

bbc sherlock

Land Without Magic

ANDREA is online

40s years old / 38 posts

I will never let you
down
John nodded his head as a nostalgic expression came over his soft features. It was like the small doctor was imagining the foggy nights in London when the street lights were shining through the gloom. He offered the vampire a gentle smile as he returned from his pleasant memories. “Yeah, they are pretty.” He agreed, his eyes sparkling a little in spite of the alcohol flowing through his system. There was still a lot of delight shining through those sapphire depths. John arched a brow at the man's question about his friend. It kind of caught him off-guard. “Deerstalker? Oh! The hat! Yes, that's him. Well.. he kind of hates that hat.” He emitted a giggle-like chuckle, running a hand through his short graying tresses before his hands came to rest once more on the counter top.

“Death frisbee.. he called it.” Another series of giggles escaped him, which made it clear how drunk John had found himself. This being pretty wasted. “Yeah... suppose I did.” John knew that he would regret it in the morning, but he did really need to unload and alcohol was helping him with his stress. It had also brought another interesting and charming person in his life that he was having an amusing conversation with, amusing for John for sure. When the man introduced himself, John couldn't help but stare at him with wide eyes. “No... you're not. You're Dracula? The Dracula... Count Dracula? Wow.” He shook his cold hand firmly with a surprised smile on his face like he had learned something truly incredible. “It's nice to meet you. Just please don't murder me.” Once more that adorable sound left his lips as he nestled his chin into his hand. His hooded gaze peered up at the infamous vampire, the ghost of a smile on his mouth. “What's it like being.. a vampire?” Dracula

PM
^
Dracula
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 04:51 PM

Dracula

Land Without Color

Ellie is online

"Fair enough." Vlad said after a moment's pause, although he still wondered why the detective was so associated with the hat if he hated it. Marketing, perhaps? People taking the idea of something and running with it? There were a lot of myths out there that had been attached to his kind over the years that bore little resemblance to the truth (at least in the case of the land without colour vampires, he couldn't speak for the others), although reports of what he'd got up to when he'd been ruling a country or actively trying to get himself on the throne weren't as exaggerated as they might have been, to the great misfortune of everyone in the general vicinity at the time.

Of course there was also the fact that the hat looked faintly ridiculous and if he'd brought one home one of his wives at least would likely have hurt themselves laughing.

"Why death frisbee?" He suddenly asked with a frown, images of the great detective sewing sharpened pennies into the brim and hurling it at people filling his mind. He could kind of see it working with a flatter cap maybe, one that you could actually throw like a frisbee, but a deerstalker hat was surely not aerodynamic enough for that. Unless someone was standing right next to you when you threw it all the force would have gone out of it by the time it reached someone so sharpened pennies or no it wasn't going to do much apart from get someone's attention.

And there it was - the reaction. The surprise, the disbelief, the dawning realisation that he was serious. Utterly so. If his wives had been present one of them would have rolled their eyes and either jabbed him in the ribs or punched his shoulder as he shook the warm, human hand. "I'm not sure where the title of count came from, but yes, I'm that Dracula." He said with a smile. At least, thus far he was the only Vlad Dracula in town - for all he knew there was another version of him from another world out there, each world certainly seemed to have their own vampires and odds and ends of history in common so it was entirely possible. Still, until they turned up he was claiming soul possession of the legend.

"Why should I murder you?" He asked, all innocence, and in a way he meant it. He'd earned his reputation as a bloodthirsty tyrant right enough, even taken pride in being known as the impaler, but it did not follow that he was going to kill everyone who crossed his path for the love of carnage. Most people had been as safe in his company as they had been in any other ruler's, which admittedly wasn't saying a whole lot at times, but still. John Watson was not a foreign agent, potential blackmailer, the manservant of one of his enemies or working against the country Vlad was trying to build, so Vlad had no reason to hurt him and no reason not to tell him as such. "I've never killed without reason and I never intend to." Which did not, of course, mean that murder was entirely off the table it things went south.

He thought for a moment, then shrugged and took another sip of his drink. "What's it like being human?" He had some vague memories of his senses not being as sharp, of his instincts being slightly different, but for the most part the experience of the human existence was alien to him. "I barely remember, I've been a vampire far longer."

John Watson
PM
^
John Watson
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 11:39 PM

bbc sherlock

Land Without Magic

ANDREA is online

40s years old / 38 posts

I will never let you
down
John couldn't help but to be amused by the infamous vampire's serious expression, though it was likely the alcohol that making the small doctor feel more entertained. Plus, death frisbee had been rather funny the more he thought about it. “It was a joke... I think. The look of it, it has two flaps, one on the front and the other in the back. Sherlock thought it was rather strange looking. I thought it was kind of cute on him.” John made a sound like a little giggle as he let his arms rest on the counter, one arm held upwards to hold his chin within his hand's palm. When the man introduced himself, John certainly looked quite surprised by the fact that he was speaking to Dracula himself. It was something not too long ago that the former army doctor wouldn't have believed possible, but with how things were currently in his life, his idea of things had been shortly altered.

The Englishman shrugged his broad shoulders as he considered his answers to his inquiry why he would think that he would try to kill him. “No offensive, but you have a lot of stories around you. A lot of them aren't kind... besides vampires have a bad reputation, even in my world and vampires are fictional there as far as I'm aware.” He frowned a little as his deep blue eyes peered down at his empty glass, wondering if he should have another drink. However, after a few minutes, he decided against it. Instead, he turned his focus back on Vlad that he smirked at somewhat playfully. “That's good to know. I don't intend to give you a reason, but I'll warn you, I'm not easy to take down if you think I'm against you... I was a soldier. I'll kill if I have too.” It appeared as if the good doctor wasn't meaning his words as a threat, in fact, the mischief in his sparkling eyes made it clear that he was challenging him in a truly friendly way. Even though, he still wanted him to know that he was capable of taking care of himself.

Another giggle-like chuckle escaped him as he leaned forward like he were going to share something with him. “Honestly? It can be incredibly exciting... other times.. you wonder what's the point? It's not so bad, I guess. Lonely, though. God, being human can be so lonely. Though I guess being immortal can be lonesome too. You have others with you?” John found himself being very curious about the man. After all, he had never met a vampire before.

Dracula

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine