Windows, Tag :: Luna
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 04:19 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

N/A years old / 112 posts

Luna Lovegood

With the catch and release program of Storybrooke working rather well, with no lingering impacts on Holtzmann's health and happiness, the Nuclear Engineer found herself from of the police station and back on the streets. It had been a stern enough warning about being more careful, and less honest, about her need to 'borrow' things without permission, but she was not too fussed about the whole thing. Really, the only reason she was not going back to get that radio after all was... because she'd gotten distracted by spotting the forest and wanting to go explore that instead.

Sometimes, this particular genius had a lot of trouble with focus.

She had been in the forest for a little while when she realized she was tired. Her head was hurting and she really needed to take a rest. Maybe find some food and water. Had she forgotten to take care of herself again? It was so much easier to do that when she had Erin, Abby and even Patty looking out for her. They brought her the things she needed to stay alive when she forgot to get them for herself. That system worked just fine for her, but now she was finding it was a little more complicated to exist without that safety net.

She found a cabin, though, and, not having learned any lesson from being recently arrested, made her way toward it.

Knocking on the door loudly, leaning back on her heels as she waited for someone to answer, she called out in a sing song tone. "Anyone home? Either way, I'm going to take your silence as an invitation in, okay?"

Permission granted by a silent response, Holtzmann leaned leisurely on the door, shoulder against it, and wrapped her lithe hand around the handle. She tested it, but found it locked. No problem. Still leaning, she reached into her hair to find a bobby pin. Old lock? Old fashioned breaking in. She could do it without looking, listening with her ear pressed to the door instead and her eyes closed. It was more fun that way. She felt the lock give and turned the knob, falling into the entryway as the door swung open and she found herself no longer leaning on anything. It was not a surprise, since she'd done it on purpose, but she stumbled in anyway with a smile on her face.

It was dark, so she went to the fire place and did the logical thing, instead of turning on a light switch. She started a fire. The smoke plumed out of the old fireplace, up into the sky. Humming to herself, Holtzmann started off to explore the cabin, and see what else she could do. It did not take her long to gather a bunch of electronic devices, plonk herself down on the floor in front of the fire, and get to tinkering.

The front door was still wide open.
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 03:50 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

YOU'RE JUST AS
SANE AS I AM
Luna knew that this town wasn't always as action or drama packed as back home, but, she still liked it here. She had finished up her shift at the paper, and, knew the next story she would have to write by the date before the paper goes to print. Luckily she didn't have to worry about that too much yet. So, she decided to just take a walk, and, practice some more of her magic. She had been told that as long as she didn't set anything on fire then it was fine that she did just that as long as she was away from people as well. Which she was planning to do, until she found herself finding something fascinating again.

Her attention span wasn't the strongest and she got distracted way too easily.

Luna stayed and just waved her wand making pretty colours in the sky, mainly because it kept the kids that she ran into in this town happy, and, it made them laugh. Luna had placed her wand on her belt, before beginning to actually head to the forest. She remembered that she had planned to practice her magic a bit more in case it was ever needed. Her distraction was easier to lose if she had Harry, Ginny, Neville or her father, but, without them, she got distracted more then ever. They had helped keep her alert, but, without them she wasn't able to have them here right now. None of that mattered.

Reaching the forest, Luna looked around, and, looked open mouthed for a moment.

This place always reminded her of the Forbidden Forest back at Hogwarts. “Anyone in here.” Luna called out to make sure it was empty.

Luna pulled out her wand, and, then tried to remember some of the spells that Harry had taught them during the Dumbledore's Army training sessions. She smiled before looking at her wand for a moment. “Expecto Patronum” Luna said, before her patronus appeared out of her wand.

She smiled somewhat satisified that she had gotten the spell right. Luna was about to make the spell disappear before she noticed it running away. “Dammit” Luna said, before she began to run after it. How was it that hares can run so fast? And, it wasn't even real. Luna could, at least still see it since it was a bright light shape. But, it still wasn't something that should stay running around. When she reached this old cabin, Luna finally noticed that it had stopped. She let out a soft sigh, before she waved her wand, and, made the hare disappear back into her wand.

It didn't look like this was a place that was meant to have people inside of it, since the exterior of it looked abandoned. Luna made her way up the stairs, before pushing the door open. With a quick glance around, noticing it was dark, Luna decided to check it out anyway. “Lumos” Luna said, with a soft whisper, bringing a light to the tip of her wand. Luna continued to walk the hallway, until she noticed that the fire was on.

Not taking any chances on who this might be, since she didn't know the people in this town, Luna pointed her wand at the direction of the shadow by the fire, and, with her voice still in a whisper she said, “Rictusempra.” as she pointed it at the person who was there.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 12:57 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

Holtzmann was enjoying herself, making a strange little device out of the equipment she'd gathered. She was a nuclear engineer who enjoyed a strong 'mad scientist' side to her work, so the things she created in idle tinkering were often not the safest. At the moment, she was wiring together a concussive bomb of sorts, not explosive in the classical sense but rather through a powerful shockwave designed to knock things off their feet, or away. A defensive bomb, maybe, though it was all theory and insanely complicated wiring.

She heard someone speak behind her, and turned just in time to see the spell leave the wand. She moved to get up from her cross legged seat on the floor, but instead was hit by the magic and flopped over. She felt like she was being tickled, or something even funnier than that, and was compelled to laugh and squirm in a fitting response.

Never one to conform to the expected, though, she instead forced her laughter into a fit of screams, as if she were being tortured. This was meant to be a kind spell, she was sure of it, and noticed that the caster was not all that old. Messing with people was an art, a science in itself, and even when it was difficult, Holtzmann was compelled to do her best. The laughter punctuated her screams, of course, but it sounded like a horrible torture was taking place.

It stopped abruptly, though, when she heard a 'click'. She'd accidentally kicked her bomb in her fit, and though she was still wracked with laughter, her brain kicked into a different mode. No longer playful, she scrambled across the floor, mostly on her hands and feet rather than upright, and took a running tackle at Luna.

She slammed into her, forcing her to the ground and covering her as best she could as the bomb went off, sending a powerful concussive blast through the room. Every window in the building exploded outward, anything made of glass likewise exploding and showering down around the room. The duo were sent sliding across the room with surprising force, and Holtzmann curled herself around Luna so that when they slammed into the far wall, it was her back that hit it, with Luna against her.

At least the laughter had stopped, though she was now missing that really nice feeling. Her ears were ringing from the blast, and she was dazed.
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 06:09 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

just some lyrics
Jillian Holtzmann   •   notes here but don't stretch it!
Luna just watched and saw the spell do what it was meant to do. She had no idea that this woman was building something dangerous, but, she had just done the first spell she could think of to stop whoever this was.

She found herself being distracted by stuff in this cabin, and, she almost forgot that she had cast the spell on someone, or that there was even someone else in this room. Luna did hear a mix of screaming and laughter, and, that's when her attention went back to the other person in this room. She had seen people having different reactions to certain spells that they taught at the school, and, she hadn't seen this one.

Luna jumped back in surprise as she heard a click, and, looking around she noticed something on the floor, that now seemed to be counting down. But, before she could cast a spell to stop it, she felt this other person running towards her and tackling her to the ground.

Feeling the impact from the tackle, Luna looked around, and, luckily her wand wasn't broken when her body hit the ground. Suddenly she felt her body being slid against the ground, as the, whatever it was, went off. This other woman was behind her though, so at least she didn't have to feel the clang against it when they bumped into it.

Luna looked around and sighed softly as she felt the aftermath of that explosion.

"Are you ok?" Luna asked, as she tried to glance back at the other woman who was in here.

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 06:40 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

Holtzmann was aching, and knew she would be bruised and smarting pretty bad in the morning, but adrenaline and vague embarrassment that her mind filtered into a need to be goofy kept her from feeling too much right away. She let Luna go, moving to sit up and lean back against the wall she had just been thrown into, heaving a sigh. She let out a laugh, though the spell from before had worn off, before looking down at herself and making sure everything was still attached.

"Oh, I've been through worse. You alright, kiddo?" Holtzmann looked at Luna, half concerned she almost blew up an apparent kid, but more delighted that her concussion bomb had actually worked. Sure enough, it was wasted blowing up the inside of a building that had done nothing wrong, but the theory was there and if she found more parts she could easily build another one. Refine it, make the blast better, the radius more directed.

Her mind was running over all the math, remembering the force of that blast and wanting to get back to work right away. It was one of her coping methods, and since she was lost in a new world with nothing even vaguely familiar to cling to, her experiments and tinkering were the only things she could really take comfort in.

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to set it off. Big boom, huh? Did you see the ring? That pulse was just meant to knock people back, but it had more oomph behind it than I thought! You don't own this place, do you? Because uh. I can't replace those windows."

There was never a reason for her to not be honest, as far as she knew. Even if she was honest in a kind of off kilter way, generally serving her own purposes, she still tried to live by a certain standard. She was a kind, caring person that was not out to hurt anyone with her mischief, unless they deserved it by being the bad guys. In her line of work, though, they were usually ghosts. Not real people.

Not anymore, anyway.
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 05:54 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

Feeling the impact from the fall Luna felt the ache in her body. She also felt the other woman's grip still around her, but, luckily she had let her go just as quickly as she had realised that, and, she smiled before sitting up. She looked down and dusted herself off slightly before examining the older woman who she had cast a spell on before. The woman seemed to have the same personality and hair colour as her. But, that could just be a bit of a coincidence.

“Yeah I'm fine. I have been through a lot worse too.” Luna said, as she looked at the other woman. She had to wonder what exactly that thing was, that she had caught this woman fiddling with. It had seemed pretty high tech, and, that was probably something she would never understand. It had had a pretty loud noise associated with it. So, it must've been something semi dangerous.

She hadn't really seen that kind of stuff before. Luna had heard loud noises before, but, it had always been associated with magic spells or some kind of creatures there. But, this was nothing like that, that much was obvious. She was in a semi new world, and, none of her friends were here. So she was still a bit out of her comfort zone.

“It's ok. That may have been my fault. Through habit if I see movement in the dark, and, I fire my wand. Yeah I did see that. But, I guess you'll have to practice all of that stuff again then. Oh no it's not my place, but, I can fix the windows. Hang on.”

Luna stood up and pulled out her wand before looking at the mess that was all over the floor. This place was bad, but, it was nothing that she couldn't fix, Her glance went back towards the other woman for a moment before pulling out her wand and turning back towards the window. “Reparo” Luna said, as she waved her wand. And, watched the room and glass fix itself.

Jillian Holtzmann

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:25 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

Holtzmann watched the young lady as she got up, glad to see she was all in one piece and not sporting any obvious signs of damage from the ill advised test of her explosive device. She struggled to her feet slowly, looking a little pained but quickly hiding it under a big grin. Planting her hands on her hips and tilting her head to the side, she listened and then watched in wonder as Luna moved to fix the windows. What was she, some sort of traveling repair person? Who came into the woods equipped with replacement windows?

Oh.

She watched as the magic moved pieces of glass back into place, restoring the sheets of glass to their previous state. They weren't even cleaned, or changed from how they had been. They were just fixed from the damage she had caused them. Which was great, because she did not need someone yelling at her about breaking into their house AND blowing up their windows.

"That's incredible! Your little magic stick does everything, huh? So you just say a word and it does the work for you? No matter how long I work on stuff, I don't think I'll ever be able to create something like that. Though," she paused in her elated rambling, looking thoughtful, "it would be an interesting challenge... I bet I could at least make multi-use tools for impractical applications, which, in certain conditions, could at least seem as cool as spontaneous magic..."

She loved the impractical, so it would be a fun project. At least for the ever turning mind of the genius nuclear engineer.

"Where'd you learn to do a thing like that? I don't think magic wands were offered as a major at my school."
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 06:46 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

I THINK THEY THINK I'M A
BIT ODD. YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE
CALL ME LOONEY LOVEGOOD ACTUALLY
Luna stood up, and, just dusted herself off for a moment. She knew that it must've been odd in her head to just have her say nothing but that. Luna then walked herself over to the windows of this place. While she didn't carry tools or anything that most would think people would use, she did have the easiest tool that she needed.

Magic

After casting the spell she held it in place, letting the magic do its work to fix the windows of this place. Now it was like nothing ever happened, the windows and the whole place looked just the same as it did before. It meant neither of them would get yelled out for breaking and entering and then breaking again.

“Yeah, well within reason. Yeah it's takes a specific person to make these things.” Luna said, tilting her head looking at her. “Well I'm sure anything's possible, but, there's more to these then one would think. A lot of things are cool.”

Luna just put her wand back onto her belt clip, as she stood there for a moment.

“I learnt it at my school. My school was pretty much magic. It was to teach witches and wizards how to monitor and use their magic.”

luna
lovegood
WORDS
###
NOTES
NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 05:10 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

"Well damn. I really missed the boat on schooling opportunities, eh? I knew I should have done that travel abroad semester! The outstanding court case because of the damage to the computer lab really screwed me there. But you got off lucky! Wizard school is kind of just something we dream about, where I'm from."

She paused, looking thoughtful.

"Of course, what I do for a living is also something most people don't even believe in, so maybe there is more magic there than I was ever aware of. That would change the entire face of my experiments, though, and that would be a thrilling new study. I mean, paranormal powers are one thing, but understanding the ionic charges, the mass differentials, and basic particle physics really breaks down most of what ghosts can do into easily defined brackets. We even have a scale that measures ectoprojectonal manifestations, and their potency."

Holtzmann grinned, putting her hands on her hips and regarding the younger woman curiously. She saw a lot of herself in the other girl, when she was a child.

"So. How good are you with this magic stuff? Like. When you're in school and learning, is it hard for you to keep up? Or do you think you're better than everyone else? Even if you don't think so, do you still manage to ace all your tests?"

Abrupt, prying questions, maybe, but Holtzmann was just as interested in the student as she was the magic itself. There was just something compelling about the way the girl looked and held herself, something spacey and distant, but potentially genius. Or just a weirdo. Either way, something Holtzmann could relate to.
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: May 13 2017, 04:32 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

“Yeah maybe you did. Well even if you have travelled abroad the school is kind of um... selective let's say. But, it was kind of fun to go there though. And, just learn about the stuff that's a part of me.”

Luna gave a soft smile in the woman's direction.

“Just because people don't believe in it, doesn't mean it's not true or real. I don't really understand what that means, but, if it's anything like the creatures I faced, I'm sure they're fun to think about and go after.”

Luna looked around and examined this place. Whoever owned it obviously didn't spend a lot of time here. Which was probably a good thing.

“Well I did pretty well with the classes, which is surprising because I kind of got distracted by everything and, could never stay on track for too long.”

Luna knew that she was probably showing that now, while she was standing in here. She didn't really care what people thought of her, and, this had been an attitude for her whole life. And, it was still how she felt now. Maybe she was distracted by everything for a reason.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: May 13 2017, 06:07 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

Holtzmann watched Luna and smiled, nodding her head slowly as the young woman explained things. It made sense, in the same way that anything here made sense. In that it did not make any sense at all, but Holtzmann was willing to accept it either way.

She was not like other scientists, who balked at things like magic and the unexplained. That was obvious in her specializing in a field that most people would consider insane, but she knew better. She knew better because, for a long time, she simply believed in it, and then she finally saw it. Ghosts were real, so what else was? It was a whole new world of endless possibilities.

And this place? This place was like a powder keg of wonder, just waiting for sparks.

"Hey, I was always that kind of student, too. I mean, there was always something more interesting to look at, and I got the information so fast, the teacher just seemed to be wasting their time explaining it over and over for all the other kids. I used to build little things, in my desk, when the teach' had her back turned. Twice I snuck out through the window."

The first time had been luck and timing. The second time had been to escape a lab fire she had accidentally started.

"Could you show me something else? I mean, some other magic? I'd give anything to be able to do something like that! Would definitely make the long hours in the lab a lot more fun. Not that I mind, actually. Building stuff with magic would be novel, but I do really like making things personally. Still, there would be so many other uses for a wand and a few good spells, right?"
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 12:52 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

You're just as sane as I am.

Luna gave a small smile as she explained to this woman how Hogwarts itself worked. Even if, to most outsiders things would seem like they didn't make sense. But, then again, one of the best parts of life was things not making sense.

She wasn't really sure what people understood about magic, but, it was all she'd ever truly known so she had pretty much just been around it her whole life. But, she wouldn't exactly throw it in people's faces. But, how can you really be sure something does or doesn't exist, until you had seen it for yourself? Probably half the people in this town didn't believe in a lot of things when they'd first turned up.

This town was full of possibilities for anything to happen.

“I would go to classes, but, a lot of the time I just played with shapes that I made from my wand, in order to keep myself entertained in the classroom. And if that wasn't showing I was learning, then I don't know what was anyway.”

Luna knew that it wasn't her fault, she just had one of the shortest attention spans you will ever find in your life. And, that wasn't going to change.

“Oh um sure. Yeah well it can come in handy. Some people like the physical stuff, and, some just prefer the shortcuts. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, but, then again I have the option for magic being the first resort. I guess that's true.” Luna said, giving a soft smile.

“Anyway. Watch those parts for a moment.” Luna held out her wand, and, cleared her throat. “Wingardium Leviosa.” Luna then waved her wand and she made the parts float in the air, as she picked them all up, and, put them on a pile on top of a table.

Jillian Holtzmann

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jillian Holtzmann
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 04:12 PM

N/A

Mysterious Islands

N/A is online

Luna Lovegood

Holtzmann grinned brightly, nodding her head.

She could imagine her life at Hogwarts, now that she knew a little more about it. She wanted to know everything, but probably already took too much time and attention from this kid to push further. She would go on a research spree, though, and find others from that place, or who knew about it. It sounded oddly familiar, but she could not place way. In any case, she liked to believe she would have been a great witch if she'd been given half a chance.

And getting a letter to go away and live at a school for most of the year would have saved her a ton of time in abusive foster homes, so that would have been pretty good.

Not that she lingered too long on those thoughts.

Instead, she wondered what spells she would have been able to cast, and if her genius for technology now would have translated into some sort of prowess in that magical world. It was certainly going to be a lot of thinking and dreaming, now that she had the ideas in her head. And she was not mad about that: it was delightful.

She watched with rapt attention when Luna used her magic and made the pieces of metal float. Letting out an excited giggle, she clapped her hands together like she was a child and felt a rush of unrestrained excitement.

"That is awesome! You are an amazing little girl, you know that? Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, either: I know what that's like. People think weird kids are just that, but I think it's a sign of something so much better. You're going to be incredible, you know? You already are." Maybe she was relating a bit too much of her own, fairly dismal youth to this moment, but she could not help the hopeful, bright future she saw. Even if it wasn't her own.
PM
^
Luna Lovegood
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 05:23 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Em 'n' em's is online

23 years old / 43 posts

You're just as sane as I am.

It felt nice to talk about Hogwarts, it was the place where she was from, and, not from the kinds of lands that a majority of these people are from. She didn't know if this woman was enjoying hearing it though, she had already nearly blown this place up when she had cast a spell before thinking or asking questions about anything. But, Luna would be happy to tell her more about it if she ever did end up interested in this place enough.

When the letter had come, Luna had been over the moon. It gave her a chance to get away from the recent trouble that her father's job had gotten both of them into, and, the house where she had last seen her mother.

But, those were not things she let herself think about before.

Luna couldn't remember or be able to answer which spells she had been best at while in school there, but, she had been pretty good at charms, especially when it came to the Dumbledore's Army training. Which she was surprised by, because that was one of the only places where she was able to focus all the time, without getting distracted. Maybe it was because Harry was one of the only people who hadn't seen her as a loon like everyone else did.

Her attention went back to the room as she made the pieces float up and down in the air. Luna let out a soft chuckle as she heard the woman's reaction, before gently lowering down the pieces, and, then putting the wand back in her belt.

“I don't normally get told that a lot. I don't let it get to me, well most of the time I don't. But, I do like the sound of that. Thanks I do appreciate you saying that.” Luna then looked at the woman, before getting caught up in the moment and giving her a hug. Showing that she appreciated what this woman was saying.

Jillian Holtzmann

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine