New Poll

Mushrooms Collector?, Tag: Jefferson
Lola Sunspell
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 08:16 AM

OC

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

+100 years old / 62 posts

The forest was as a kind of shrine to Lola. So full of life, it was like having a small world in your hands. The trees radiated energy, as well as the flowers and plants. Of course, most people didn't felt it, as they did not feel the movements, even breaths of many alive beings... She supposed that she also wouldn't feel it, if it wasn't because she was a garden fairy. It had her advantages, most of the time. Although clearly, her heart broke slightly to see how someone pulled a beautiful flower from the ground, without thinking twice, and gave it for example to their couple. What was the point of giving them a dead flower? Why did not they buy a pot and planted beautiful flowers? That way they wouldn't go tearing any. A sigh left her throat, her eyes inspecting everything to her around. She could not say how many times she had walked that same forest, alone, only to be able to clarify her ideas. It helped her, that was true. Not to mention that everybody needed that special place that you could escape to.

The fairy continued walking calmly, until her ears captured something, a noise. She didn't know if it was out of curiosity, or because although she was surrounded by a calm she didn't want to get rid of she still wanted adrenaline, she followed the noise, with caution. After all, you don't know what you could find in Storybrooke. With the topic of zombies and others, that city was in chaos. Now at least it seemed that everything had calmed down, which was appreciated. Though you see, who knows, perhaps that noise had been produced a zombie that had remained stagnant. She didn't have guns, but she could seize one of the dry sticks that decorated the ground, and she knew perfectly that she would be more than capable of protecting herself. Or at least she hoped so. She wasn't someone who liked to fight, she hated violence, but in some cases it was necessary.

Although her muscles stopped being so tense when she saw that it was only a man, crouched, beside a tree, collecting... Mushrooms? She frowned slightly, because she did not understand why would he need those mushrooms for. Was he going to cook them? Sell them? Hang on a moment, why did she care about whatever he was gonna do with them? It was nothing of her incumbency. Slowly, she approached the man, with a smile drawn on her pale face. "Are we having fun, my friend?" She asked, her eyebrows rising.

NOTES: I am terribly sorry for lateness! <3

Jefferson

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Sigs made by the amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Jefferson
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 04:23 PM

OUAT/Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Geo is online

32 years old / 101 posts

Ahh mushrooms his old friend.

Although, as an ex-mushroom seller, he had no particular reason for collecting the fungus anymore. It certainly wouldn’t be to sell them, and anyway, by just looking at his home would tell you he didn’t need money. He supposed he was very fortunate in that respect, even if at first he hated it. At least now with Grace, the mansion felt more of a home now with someone to actually sort of fill the space a little (although of course it was more than just that). Before, the building had been nothing more than a cage to him, a workshop for his hat making.

But at long last, he hoped he had left all that madness behind him. Although he had grown to be quite fond of all the plants here in the forest, and beings as he lived opposite, it was very easy for him to make a quick trip into the woods here and there whenever he took fancy. Almost as if it were a guilty pleasure. He admittedly didn’t know everything about the plants and herbs here - he wanted to learn more about them though. Thankfully the species here weren’t nearly as wacky as some of Wonderland’s nature had been at least. This little hobby of his was still very much enjoyable mind, and he knew Grace enjoyed the woods too so it was something they could often do together, plus a good game of hide and seek never hurt anyone either!

So he had found himself to be shuffling about the forest, quite contentedly searching for mushrooms to collect and place in his satchel to take home. Not even entirely sure what he was going to make with them yet, he guessed that would probably depend on how many he would be able to find. He’d definitely like to cook something special for Grace when she comes home from school though.

Jefferson was in his own little mushroom world when a voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts, startling him a little as he spun around to see who was there. His open satchel being kicked down a little slope in the process, causing a small collection of mushrooms to scatter out onto the earth. “Friend?” he repeated in confusion, frowning as he stared at the woman, he wasn’t entirely sure about that. He didn’t think he knew her after all, so how could she be a friend? He shrugged, nevertheless she seemed ‘friendly’ enough by her smile and her question. Ah her question!

“Uhm… yes?” he finally replied a little distractedly as he searched for his satchel. But of course he was having fun, he wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t after all. It was a tad annoying that he'd dropped everything though, he gave the blonde a small smile before standing up fully to walk a little down the slope. Immediately crouching back down to begin gathering back up his fallen fungi. “They are very good for you you know, would you like any?” he held up a single mushroom and dusted a little soil off it, “The name’s Jefferson by the way” he grinned widely up at her before turning back round again, not entirely sure yet whether he minded the woman being here or not.

Lola Sunspell

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lola Sunspell
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 06:36 AM

OC

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

"Friends! Indeed. You don't have to know someone personally or closely to consider them your friends. Although you may not know them... For example, I do not know you at all, but even so I think you seem nice. Or perhaps you're not and I'm simply too optimistic" she smiled slightly, shrugging her shoulders. She knew that normally people who you considered friends were those which you enjoyed being and talking with, those who you knew you liked... And although Lola didn't knew the man, still she thought that she could refer to him as a friend. Couldn't she? But from the point of view of some she couldn't, because supposedly if you've never seen someone they can't be your friend. Nonsense. But hey, Lola was sympathetic, since if she saw the opportunity to make new friends, she would take advantage of it! Is that perhaps wasn't that what everyone should do? Take advantage of opportunities to create new friendships?.

Lola could not help but smile, because as she had hoped the man was nice, friendly! Or at least what was she seeing in that moment. "I've never tried mushrooms, you know? I don't know, they never caught my attention. But if they are so good to me, perhaps I'll give them an opportunity to amaze me" she accepted the mushroom that the stranger had kept in the air for a few seconds, offering it to her. No, Lola had never been interested in mushrooms, but she assumed that if they could do some good to her body she could always give them a chance to taste the flavor they were hiding. That without hesitation would be interesting. "My name's Lola, Lola Sunspell. A pleasure to meet you Jefferson" she replied, while she nodded slightly to the man. "Why do you enjoy so much picking up mushrooms? Do they inspire you in any way?" she was just curious, no one could blame her, right?.

Jefferson

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Sigs made by the amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Jefferson
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 12:21 PM

OUAT/Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Geo is online

32 years old / 101 posts

“I do try to be” Well, he was glad that he appeared ‘nice’ anyway, if only to one overly optimistic person. It still felt good, even if unlike this woman he couldn’t class her in the friend category, or at least not just yet. These days it took more than the just knowing of someone to befriend them, and trust wasn’t something he liked to give away easily. He’d learned that lesson the hard way…on multiple occasions. But honestly, this woman didn’t appear to be much a problem from what he could tell, although appearances could very well be deceiving. And the only potential problem he could see him experiencing, was her not leaving. Like it was all very nice for her to want to talk to him, and he wasn’t about to tell her to go away, but there was a reason why he was alone out here.

And being alone was apparently something in which he wasn’t going to have right now, nor any peace and quiet for that matter.

He was glad of this stranger accepting the mushroom he offered her though, as it wasn’t exactly a great gift and fungi probably were never anyone’s ‘go to plant of choice’ but they had to be somebody’s favourite right? And so he quite happily took that title, he much preferred ‘mushroom lover’ to his usual moniker of ‘the mad hatter’ anyways. Or perhaps not. Still, he hoped this woman would enjoy it, not that it made any difference to him whether she did or didn’t other than the fact that it was a wasted mushroom. It was surprising though to know that someone had never had mushrooms before, that was perhaps one of the stranger things he had experienced in Storybrooke. And that was saying something considering how messed up this town was.

But hey, he had plenty more, and if he was that desperate he supposed he could always buy some from the store. He paused to nod as the woman introduced herself as Lola, a pretty name that sort of rolled of the tongue so he literally couldn’t help but repeat “Lola” back to her, almost as he were testing it out. Before proceeding to continue stuffing the scattered mushrooms back into his satchel as the woman then began asking yet more questions. “Um…I suppose they might inspire me to think?” he wasn’t exactly sure how to answer that question to a stranger. As there were plenty of reasons to find this strange hobby of his so enjoyable, “-And it’s quiet out here” he added with a smirk, as quietness did help with the thinking side of things after all.

His enjoyment of collecting mushrooms was probably down to the fact that it reminded him of happier times before his curse. Not that he wasn’t happy now of course. And not all of said ‘happy times’ were perfect, far from it to be honest, as when you’re a single father with barely enough money to provide for food to be put on the table, it was hard to be optimistic. But the main thing was that he had Grace, and that was always going to be the most important thing in his life. And so….mushrooms! It didn’t really make sense, but he guessed other than general fascination with all kinds of plants (he had travelled through many realms after all), it would always come down to his daughter. Jefferson plopped the last mushroom in his satchel before finally swivelling back round to actually see what this woman looked like, without getting too distracted with other plant life, pulling himself up to sit on a nearby tree stump, “So what inspires you?”

Lola Sunspell <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lola Sunspell
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 03:56 AM

OC

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

is it true that pain is beauty?

She did not know exactly why, but she could feel as if the man was not completely comfortable with her presence. And she couldn't blame him, after all she was a strange person who had decided to speak to him without any reason. She couldn't simply have greeted him, as sufficiently educated people would have done, and could then have followed with her uncertain way, since the forest was enormous, and she wouldn't have bothered him anymore. But instead she had decided to greet him and staying at his side, asking questions that perhaps shouldn't be asked to a stranger.

But you asked questions to know more about a stranger, and when you knew more of a stranger, it became more an acquaintance and less a stranger, right?. She knew that socializing was not the strong point of many, and she also knew that there were others who simply did not find excitement or happiness in sharing words with others, but Lola loved to talk, and she loved making new friends! she was aware that sometimes her attempts to make friends could slightly put the other person in an uncomfortable situation, and...

Sometimes she simply went away and left them alone, because making a person uncomfortable was not something that she sought at all, but at least that man who seemed to be still deciding if it bothered him her company or not, had answered her question, and had over that asked another one! Isn't it wonderful?. "Inspire you to think... silence also plays a vital role there. Oh, it's beautiful! mushrooms help you to think, and mushrooms reside in the forest, where silence reigns! You must relax enough when you come here" she had broken the silence, but that was not the important thing.

Lola watched as continued collecting his mushrooms, before finally sitting down. She assumed that he had finished for now. The mushroom he had offered her had been kept in her pants pocket, because if she was going to eat it, it would be back at home, since now she did not have much appetite. "Nature, mostly. It is so pure and innocent, a true friend. Sometimes better than people".

tag: Jefferson

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Jefferson
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 03:39 PM

OUAT/Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Geo is online

32 years old / 101 posts

Yes, he supposed he did find it quite relaxing to come here. When it was just him and the mushrooms in the quiet of the forest, it truly felt as if he could breathe again. As if he could somewhat be himself here, even more so than he did at home. Not that he felt like he couldn’t be himself, but in some ways he had to be. He couldn’t exactly be some crazy mad hatter anymore, especially not around Grace. Nor could he be the past thief and portal jumping Jefferson that he had been even more many years ago. In Storybrooke the only person he wanted to be, was a father. And the best one he could possibly be, he couldn’t afford to make any more mistakes than he had already done. And so he supposed he was probably too strict…on himself? Which he knew wasn’t actually fair, but he simply couldn’t let it be fair until he had forgiven himself. Forgiveness was hard, and something he wasn’t prepared to do yet or perhaps even forever. Especially when he believed he didn’t deserve it.

So he supposed by ‘thinking’ he really meant he could almost relive some of his many strange lives here. Which probably wasn’t exactly a healthy thing to be doing. It was confusing, and painful and yet, with the addition of mushroom picking. Oddly calming. The mushrooms in a way were his sort of crutch, they brought him back to what was important. Grace.

However messed up or ‘insane’ he might be feeling, he’d always have the forest. And if he had that, and his daughter, he was truly happy.

At least, not when his precious silence was being disturbed by this blonde woman Lola. She really couldn’t take the hint could she? But however irritating he might find her presence, he couldn’t help but be amused by her, so he nodded in reply with a small smile. Giving up with any more subtle attempts at telling her to leave him alone, since he wasn’t about to rudely force her to leave. And anyway, to his own surprise he found he wasn’t minding her company as much as he had expected. It wasn’t as if she was doing him any harm by standing here, nor did he really have anything to hide other than his own mind. So he just sat on his tree stump, stretching his legs out in front of him as he settled his satchel to one side as he awaited her reply to his question.

She was right. He most definitely agreed with her by her statement, since nature (unless you’re in Wonderland) did often prove to be the better friend. Mainly because they didn’t do much and therefore couldn’t let you down or betray you. But hey, it was a nice thought all the same. “I suppose it sometimes is, you don’t see flowers bickering…or well, actually-“ he shook his head, as that was just wrong. Although he supposed he had been meaning most flowers, but still a soft chuckle escaped him at his own joke. Not that anything reminding him of that place should be found funny, but like he had said. He was all the versions of himself out here, in the strangest of ways. “But yeah, better than people.” He agreed finally and scratched the back of his head with one hand, not entirely sure what else to say to this stranger. What did she even want? Besides the obvious desire for conversation of course.

Lola Sunspell

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lola Sunspell
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 07:17 AM

OC

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

Lola watched her nails distractedly, simply thinking what would she do later on, since it was evident that this conversation wasn't going to last long. Mostly because she didn't want to bother the man more than necessary, and if he wanted to continue collecting mushrooms in the most quiet tranquility, then Lola would leave him completely alone. She could find more things to do alone, anyway. She had started her walk in the forest just to find the inner peace that she always used to find when she was surrounded by nature.

Then maybe she could go back to Game of Thorns, surely Lina would continue working there, they could spend the afternoon together! as they had done many other evenings, but each one of them being completely different from previous. Or she could perhaps go visit Indy... uhm, what about the time? Perhaps she was still in class, teaching children any nonsense - I mean important lesson. They could also spend the afternoon together once Indy ended her shift... she should think about it. Waiting, did Lina and Indy know each other? they could have a girl's night!.

"You're not a social butterfly, are you?" she asked, smiling slightly at the man, before shaking her head. "Don't worry, I don't want you to feel obliged to answer my questions. I like to start conversations with strangers, because I have the possibility of converting one of those strangers to possible friends, you know? but don't worry, you don't have to strive to speak with me. I can continue with my way! Although I have nowhere to go. The forest is usually the one who guides me" she chuckled nervously, rambling being a part of her personality.

tag: Jefferson

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Jefferson
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 09:17 AM

OUAT/Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Geo is online

32 years old / 101 posts

Ha! Oh boy she hit the nail on the head with that one, and his mouth widened into a smile. He was most definitely not a ‘social butterfly’ or, or any kind of butterfly for that matter. Perhaps he was more of a moth? Hm. Or maybe not. But that description wouldn’t exactly be entirely wrong if you considered Grace to be his light in a sense. In a sense that he couldn’t bear to be without her. And well, he might not be the most sociable person in Storybrooke. It was all with good reason. It was easier, safer that way.

All he needed was his daughter, so he had no desire to interact with anyone else here. Not really, since, while company is nice. It was nicer to hide…as yup, that’s probably the correct word for it. Since, really he’d always been a loner. Sadly.

He’d had friends in his life before, there was no way he could say he was completely alone or had been. But every single one of them had left or disappeared from his life one way or another. And so being finally reunited with one of them, a person he himself had abandoned, he wanted nothing else but to look after her. To him, everything else was nothing, unimportant. So his life revolved around her. So when she wasn’t here, this was apparently what he did. Fungi were his second best friend in a way because of that.

He furrowed his brow at her words, smile softly at her before his gaze drifted back down the stare at the surrounding plants in contentment, “It’s okay, and well, you seem…nice – you might have succeeded with that intention after all!” he chuckled, not entirely sure if she was now a friend or not, but at least, she had taken the time to amuse him for a while. And she hadn’t exactly struck him as a bad person, so what could be the harm? It wasn’t as if friends were easy to come by for him, supposedly because he didn’t exactly try… but still there you go.

“But anyway, I hope the forest guides you well Lola” he dipped his head to her, although she didn’t seem like she’d run into any trouble in these woods. And well, if she did, he presumed that she could probably talk her way out of it easily, considering that she’d managed to create a conversation with him after all. He moved to stand up on his feet, swinging his satchel over his shoulders before dusting the dirt from his trousers with his hands. Not that he expected anyone to see him out here, nor cared much about his appearance when he was mushroom picking.

Lola Sunspell

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lola Sunspell
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 03:57 PM

OC

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

"Really? Then, are we friends? Oh, I'm so happy that I could explode into a millions stars!" she couldn't believe it it, had she really managed to convert this introverted stranger in one of her friends?... There was nothing to make her happier. Well, flowers made her very happy, although Lola supposed that her friends (new or old, didn't matter) made her even happier than nature. Or maybe not... she would have to consult her priorities soon. But she was deviating from the topic. She hd thought that Jefferson would be feeling incredibly overwhelmed or uncomfortable by her presence and questions and voice, by which she had decided to take the initiative to go, but apparently... she had managed to get a new friend.

A smile appeared on her face, as she looked to her around distractedly. "You know, something tells me that I'm going to see you again quite soon... call it instinct. It has been a real pleasure meeting you, Jefferson. And I wish you luck with your mushrooms. I mean, I hope you find mushrooms of different size and of course I hope you pick the non-poisonous ones and I hope that they are good and - I should just go already, sorry" she shook her head, as if she could not believe herself.

"Thank you" she murmured at his following words, and with a chuckle, she turned around and followed with her way, happy to have gotten a new friend in that afternoon.

notes
Jefferson our first wrapped up thread! *throws confetti*

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine