New Poll

PICKING UP THE PIECES(PAST), Tag: Evanna
Penelope Scarlet
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 09:37 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Lime is online

17 years old / 35 posts

Once, Penelope had dreamed of travelling the Enchanted Forest, finding her own destiny along the way. That was however, of course, long before her life was cut short. Now she was trapped like a bird in a cage, doomed. Penelope had wanted to live to a decent age after many adventures, maybe even find love despite the lack of faith she had in it. Some days she felt lost, like she'd fade away--which was impossible, and she even knew that. The same surroundings for what would seem like an eternity until Will came and she could move on would drive her mad if she was even capable of feeling crazy anymore. She wanted a purpose, something to pass the time. Not this emptiness, and even feeling empty made her upset. As she wandered around, she found herself wondering if the dried up lake she was found in still remained here, a dark reminder of how she was brought to the Underworld. No matter how much time passed, she felt shivers run through her body all over again. She was sure that even in the next life she'd hate the cold, avoiding frozen lakes where the ice could crack all over again.

Penelope shook her head, getting off of that track of mind. She tried to think about her mother instead, the beautiful woman she reunited with here. A tiny smile lit up her features, and her fears eased up. They both had long hair now, though hers wasn't nearly as long as Victoria's. She felt just like a child again, and a brief thought about them pretending to be queens of this shadowy kingdom crossed her mind, but she wasn't so sure if the true ruler of the Underworld would appreciate that. The still living Penelope wouldn't have cared, she would have laughed and done it anyway. The thought amused her, but only for a moment. Penelope twirled a strand of hair around her finger, getting lost in thought. It was a little funny, she didn't used to think so much in the world of the living, but here? She thought all the time, regrets swirling in her head and guilt making her heart feel heavy. Tears filled her eyes and she blinked them away, as it wouldn't do any good to cry now. Crying wouldn't reverse her death, it wouldn't bring her back to Will or make time go faster.

Still, she ended up sinking to the ground. Penelope looked around, wondering if her mother was nearby and if she would come if she called out to her. Crying wouldn't change anything, but it would help to get everything out. The young girl reached up to wipe at her eyes, shaking with silent sobs and feeling like shivering, a feeling that was becoming much too familiar to her. Out of the corner of her eye she could see someone else, but she had to take a moment to compose herself. In the world of the living, tough and unyielding Penelope would have snapped at whoever it was to go away. This Penelope, however, took a deep breath and turned her head. It was a lady, who seemed nice enough. "H..hello? "

Evanna
PM
^
Evanna
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 10:20 PM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 90 posts

After awhile Evanna had stopped really keeping track of how much time was passing in the Underworld, days turned to weeks turned to years turned to centuries. At first she'd felt guilty for dying before she could find her son, she was sure she'd been close, if she hadn't been betrayed by the man she was paying for information, perhaps she'd have found her boy and then she could have taken him back to her family's village and raised him there, far away from Malcolm.

Eventually she found purpose though, it wasn't just adults in the Underworld, but children died as well. Not all of them moved on to the better place, and even less had family there with them, or if they did sometimes it took them a bit to find each other. The underworld was a big place, and it was easy to get lost.

It got to the point that Evanna didn't even think about her unfinished business any more, she just focused on protecting the children, looking out for them, making sure they were cared for and had a place to sleep. Having purpose gave her a reason to get up every day and to go out and face everything the Underworld and Hades could throw her way.

Evanna had a good routine down, get up and make sure the kids that had stayed with her were all fed and ready to go for the day. Then she would leave some of the older children in charge, the older teens, and she would go out and walk around, in case she found more children or in general anyone that might need her help.

She didn't mean to disturb the young girl she came across, and Evanna didn't want to startle her either, but as she'd come around a corner, she hadn't been expecting to come across someone in that spot. She stopped and cleared her throat, when the girl turned around she smiled at the girl.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met, are you new here? My name's Evanna, I've been here for quite some time, I don't mean you any harm....."

Penelope Scarlet

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Penelope Scarlet
 Posted: May 8 2017, 09:23 AM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Lime is online

17 years old / 35 posts

Penelope wasn't entirely sure how long she had been in the Underworld already, it was hard to keep track of time when there was no sun to set and no way to tell when a day passed. She’d kill for some kind of time telling device, and a saying like that hardly made any sense–everyone down here was already dead. Time only mattered to the living, as it only affected them. Truth be told, if Penny had gotten to choose the age she died at, it would not have been seventeen. She was too old to be considered entirely a child, and too young to be considered an adult. Penelope yearned for something to do besides wander around and people watch, some kind of purpose.

There were no wounded animals to take care of in this place, as when she was young she loved to take care of them. Nor were there trees to climb and places to explore, she had already seen everything. Penelope, while living, supposed she had sometimes liked to listen to people and help them with their problems but the thought struck her as useless now. How was it fair to anyone to offer help when she felt so odd and out of place? Not to mention she’d have to trust someone on some kind of level to do that and when she searched for the motivation to try, she found none.

So she remained restless, wandering around having the distinct feeling that soon she would go mad and fade away for real while entertaining the thought that if she did, she would be let go. Of course, she wouldn’t be. Whoever ran this place seemed intent on keeping the dead here, following certain rules. Would it lose meaning if someone was allowed to move on, still having unfinished business? Even now, she thought with the tiniest bit of amusement, I wonder too much.

Penelope rubbed at her forehead, pulling the jacket tighter around herself. Since arriving in the Underworld, her hair had indeed dried but now she always felt cold no matter what. Rubbing at her arms did little to warm herself, so she was grateful to have the jacket. She had fallen into the habit of seeking out her mother when it got too much to handle, and she was grateful that Victoria was here as well. Without her, Penny would be alone. Loneliness was much worse than the cold.

She returned her attention to the woman, an admittedly beautiful one with red hair. The smile she was given startled her only a little, and no matter how much she tried she couldn’t manage to smile back.

Hello." Penelope eyed the lady, called Evanna, and slowly nodded her head in acknowledgement. “Penelope Scarlet, and no…not exactly. I’ve been here for awhile, though I couldn’t exactly tell you how long. You?” That last part remained unanswered, she doubted anyone could really harm her.

Evanna
PM
^
Evanna
 Posted: May 9 2017, 05:09 PM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 90 posts

Evanna smiled warmly and moved a bit closer, now that she knew that the girl was less startled and more comfortable with her presence. So many years of finding new souls lost in the Underworld, such a large place sometimes people could be down there for a long time before they crossed paths with Evanna and other times she met people after they'd just arrived by being in the right place at the right time. Penelope seemed young but not quite as young as many children that ended up in the Underworld, that Evanna would take in her care. The girl seemed upset though, and Evanna wanted to do her best to make the girl feel better.

"Oh, I've been here for a rather very long time, it all rather blurs together after awhile, my best guess is nearly a few centuries perhaps, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more. Time feels different here, where there's no changing seasons or weather, gets a bit dull sometimes. Most that end up here it's because of some sort of unfinished business, I've heard others talk of a better place and a worse place where people go if they figure theirs out and work through it." Evanna didn't want to pressure the girl about her death or anything that might upset her, she just did her best to be a comforting presence and allowed the girl to open up at whatever pace she felt like

"Do you have a safe place to stay? Usually there isn't too much to be too terribly frightened of here, except when Hades is in an angry mood or someone does something to upset him, but we don't always get the nicest sorts here. I always tell the other children I look after to be careful and always go out in pairs."

Penelope Scarlet

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Penelope Scarlet
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 05:58 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Lime is online

17 years old / 35 posts

If Penelope hadn't met her mother again, her heart would have ached at Evanna's warm smile. She could always do with more friends, though--if no one minded her reserved nature, of course. Penny stayed still as Evanna moved closer, now feeling less like running away like a startled rabbit. Before she had reunited with Victoria, she probably would have. And anyway, dead people couldn’t be hurt anymore. She tried standing taller, appearing and acting like she was older than seventeen. How old would she be now, if she hadn’t met her death? How old was her brother now? Perhaps many years had passed, so she wondered if he was happier. If he had someone to keep him company.

Forgetting what was ailing her, Penelope tilted her head–brown locks tilting with her. “A few centuries is a long time, I don’t think I’ve been here nearly as long.” What unfinished business did this woman have, after being here for so long? Loved ones? Were they even still alive? Then again, it would be rude to pry. So she held her tongue, listening politely. “I’m waiting for my brother, Will. I want to say good bye to him.” It could be many years before she saw his smile again, feel his protective arms around her. Those arms that promised she would be safe and taken care of no matter what, when they were left all alone in the world. “I’ll agree that it is rather dull, though. There’s not much to do to pass the time.” She paused, frowning. “I suppose lack of time fits better, doesn’t it?

Penelope nodded to her, expression calm. “I’m staying with my mother, Victoria. Do you know her?” It would make sense for the adults to know each other. Her eyes widened as she spoke of the moods that the lord of the Underworld went through, deep down she hoped she would never really meet him. “Are there many children here? Do you take care of them?

Evanna
PM
^
Evanna
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 07:07 AM

Rumple's Mother

Enchanted Forest

Bach is online

43 years old / 90 posts

Evanna smiled warmly, it was always nice to meet someone new, especially those that were friendly and good, though it did make her a bit sad when she met people so young. Sure the girl didn't look to be as young as many of the children in Evanna's care, but she couldn't be too old either. Not that Evanna had been terribly old when she died, only forty-three, but still she'd lived at least a couple of decades or more than this girl had been allowed to live. The name Victoria didn't immediately sound familiar, but she'd been in the Underworld so long, all the names blurred together after awhile, and Evanna's focus had always been mainly on any children who ended up there, not the adults.

"I don't believe so, but I fear I've always been better with faces than names. Though if she raised you I am sure she's remarkable. As far as children, there's more that end up here than I'd like. Though so far I have yet to see a child under the age of four or five here. It seems fate is kinder to babies and toddlers, or perhaps they are just too young to have unfinished business." She wasn't sure if it was fates or the gods or just blind luck, but the most common age for kids always seemed to be more like age ten and up. Just the same, they were often lost, confused and had no one to look after them. Evanna had found it her personal duty to make sure they were all looked after, and even tried her best to help with any unfinished business that she could. Sometimes just being there for them and helping them was enough for them to be able to move on.

"I was actually on my way making the rounds, checking some places that I've found children are most likely to go once they end up here, scared and alone, they look for places to hide. Would you like to join me? I could always use an extra set of eyes, and you're young, the children will trust you."

Penelope Scarlet

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine