New Poll

Cash-ew Quest, Open! ^.^
Frisk
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 08:23 PM

N/A

Hub World

Frisk is online

N/A years old / 8 posts

Another day, another twenty-four hours of frustration. Sure, returning to Mt. Ebott and resuming her old life with a hefty supply of gold was a good idea, but it had been two long years since Frisk had been in the company of humans. So, she stayed, and devised a way to earn money in Storybrooke.

Scraping together a few discarded materials from dumpsters and the like, Frisk constructed a meager stand in the park, set down a beat-up wooden chair, and placed several items on the stand. First, she put down a cracked ceramic bowl, and filled it with Monster Candy-one of the only things she had the foresight to bring with her when she fled Waterfall. Second, she drew up a sign that read in all capital letters: "Candy for a quarter! Help a kid out!"

With the stand set up, Frisk took out a book from the Snowdin library and began flipping through the pages, hoping to finish it by the day's end. Even if no one stopped by, constructing the stand had given her something to do, and provided her with an outlet to go people-watching. Still she found herself fascinated by the sight of other humans-the result of living amongst monsters for two years.

However, she knew she couldn't let it show. While she was grateful for the change in scenery and for the change in company, she had to play it safe. She knew she couldn't let on that she was from the Underground-in order to protect the monsters living there, and above all, she knew she had to remember to use her new name: Riley O'Donnell. Monster Candy salesgirl extraordinaire.
PM
^
Granny
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:52 PM

Once Upon A Time

Enchanted Forest

Maria is online

N/A years old / 29 posts

Granny walked around the park, as she tried to relax and breath a fresh air. She still hated the fact that she couldn't talk to her granddaughter. Granny knew that her granddaughter was angry but it was much worse than she thought. Which she understood was indeed her fault not Ruby's. Granny planned to try to make it up to her, one way or another. If it was even possible to do that is.

For the time being Granny tried to think of other things than that, as she walked around the park. She tried to think of other things than that. Granny tried to hope for the best as she loved her granddaughter, she truly did. She considered proving her granddaughter that she is willing to go towards her. Granny planned to apologize for what she did and for her mistakes.

She wanted to do anything to show her granddaughter that she cares and understands her, given that it was the truth after all. Granny was right a lot of times but she was also wrong a lot of times too, which she knew rather well. Just like she knew she was wrong about what she did and said to her granddaughter. Except about the fact that she thought that she was right, that was true, Granny did think that she was right, until she realized that she was wrong and that the way she raised Ruby was wrong. To her defence she did think that she was doing the right thing but it was clear that she was wrong so. Which Granny knew that now and hated herself for all that she did.

If she could do it all over again, she would change things. Except Granny still wasn't sure if she could trust Ruby's dad because she didn't know him and didn't know if she could trust him. However, for her granddaughter she was willing to give it a chance, him a chance if he was willing to give her a chance too. Granny was sure more than anything about that, this moment included. She shook her head to those thoughts as she stopped as she saw a young woman/ kid not too far away with a cart, as she watched her closely. Granny then walked over and gave her some money not too much but not too little. She cared as she was a caring woman to the most part, even if stubborn too. This moment especially. As Granny kindly smiled to the other person.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks Bach for the lovely sig/banner
PM
^
Frisk
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 07:45 AM

N/A

Hub World

Frisk is online

N/A years old / 8 posts

Frisk's eyes bored into her book. It was a good read, albeit about a fairly sensitive topic: the war between humans and monsters. She could picture how conflict would arise between the two factions, as the monsters in the Underground were very much a mixed bag. Some would attack on sight, others would give you a roof over your head. Still, she regretted that relations had ever become so strenuous between them-both parties deserved better.

A little while passed. Still no customers. That was okay, the gentle breeze blowing against her cheeks and the sunlight shimmering through the trees made her moment outdoors a reward in of itself. In the Underground, there was darkness, and darkness, and a bit more darkness. Hotland was perhaps one of the only exceptions to this, but that was hardly a place to vacation.

Storybrooke was different. The town was bright, the atmosphere was pleasant, and it was obviously geared towards humans. In many ways, it reminded Frisk of her life before having traversed into the caverns of Mt. Ebott.

Hearing the sound of money hitting the counter of her stand, her heart skipped a beat, and she looked up to see the face of an older woman. Frisk had become so wrapped up in her book and in the scenery, she had forgotten why she was there in the first place.

"Oh wow, thanks miss!" she said excitedly, looking down at the money on the table. She then reached into her ceramic bowl and pulled out two pieces of Monster Candy. "Here you go! You can have a little extra, since you're my first customer and all."

She gave the woman a smile, pushing her book aside. Noticing the smile on her customer's face, Frisk beamed with joy. While still remaining cautious, she knew she should at least try to make friends in Storybrooke, and what better time was there then the present?

"I'm Riley! Riley O'Donnell, at your service," Frisk said happily.
PM
^
Granny
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:03 AM

Once Upon A Time

Enchanted Forest

Maria is online

N/A years old / 29 posts

Granny watched her closely, as she could tell that the other person was busy with her book, so she waited for her to notice her. She figured that the book was very interesting to get the other person's attention. Which was alright, especially since it usually worked that way with good books. Or that was what Granny thought, given that otherwise people won't be reading books and they did. Granny was sure that it was the same case at that moment. She had no doubt that the person would notice the money sooner or later, as it was right in front of the person. There was no way that the person won't notice, as she herself noticed that too. So there was no doubt that good books could be distracting and it definitely seemed to be the case, Granny could tell or so she thought, at least.

She didn't mind that though. Granny could get distracted herself, so she knew how that was like. However, she wasn't upset or such. Granny made mistakes like anyone else but she was a good person all in all. She wasn't hurt by the fact that the person took sometime. Especially since the person did notice her when she put the money down. Also, not when she held it but it was fine or so she thought . At least eventually the person did. At least it seemed to Granny that it took the person sometime to notice her, but she cold be wrong, even if she doubted that she was wrong.

This place wasn't like an enchanted forest but to Granny it was still home, even if she tried not to think of that either. However, as far as Granny could tell the person in front of her wasn't from the Enchanted Forest, or it seemed that way to her at least. As the person didn't seem familiar to her after all, which made sense to her or so she thought.

She watched her with a smile, as she listened to her when she spoke. "Call me Granny,
everyone here does, or most people do at least. And you are welcome,"
Granny said to her. "Well, first for now but sooner or later there would be more, just have faith," she said after she heard what the person said next. Granny took it from her. "Why did you decide to sell those things here and not open a store or something, unless you have no one to he;you wish? Probably the later, am I right? Well you could get another job to help with this place, just an idea," Granny said to her over sudden.

She watched her with a smile, as she then looked around and back at her. "By the way,
how long do you live here and do you like it here or not?"
Granny asked a few minutes later out of curiosity. She looked down and back over as she waited for a reply as she wondered what would it be.

Granny listened to what the young woman said, as she kindly shook her hand. "Nice to meet you, Riley O'Donnell, I am Granny. Well, that is how I am mostly known around here, so I do have another name too, Amelia Lucas but I go by Granny mostly,"

[ooc: I hope you like it]

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Frisk
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:07 AM

N/A

Hub World

Frisk is online

N/A years old / 8 posts

[OOC: Its great! Thank you ^.^]

Granny. She seemed to be the kind sort of person. Frisk appreciated meeting someone who demonstrated a lack of poor intentions, and allowed herself to lower her guard a bit. Frisk thought about the possibility of more people stopping by and was excited to think more people might happen along with spare change, but, she also counted herself lucky just to have one person stop by. That in of itself made her day.

"Maybe you're right," Frisk replied before Granny asked about selling goods at a shop. She gave a passive shrug, and relaxed in her chair a bit. "I don't really have a lot to sell. Not enough to open a shop, at least. Getting a job sounds like a good idea. Do you of anywhere that's hiring?"

Frisk's heart warmed up. It felt like it had been ages since she had the chance to interact with another human being. A sense of nostalgia washed over her, and Frisk thought about her days before climbing Mt. Ebott, until Granny's next two questions snapped her out of her stupor.

"Oh...I uh, just got here recently," Frisk said, smiling through her teeth. "Storybrooke is awesome. I haven't really met too many people, but I still think its nice, just being here."

Frisk hoped her response would be enough to satiate Granny's curiosity. While she was predisposed to liking the townsfolk, Frisk still preferred to remain cautious while around them, and greatly preferred to steer them away from discovering the whereabouts of Mt. Ebott. The monsters in the Underground had already been at war once with humanity. The last thing they needed was the temptation to go to war with the people of Storybrooke.

"Where are you from, Granny?" Frisk asked, attempting to redirect the focus of the conversation. "How long have you been in Storybrooke?"
PM
^
Granny
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 08:52 AM

Once Upon A Time

Enchanted Forest

Maria is online

N/A years old / 29 posts

Granny was only angry at herself for the fact that she hurt her granddaughter, Ruby but she tried to avoid thinking of that, as she tried to calm down and relax. Which was also why she tried not to think of that. Granny planned to try to talk to her granddaughter after she left the park. For the time being, though, she continued to think of other things. As Granny watched the young woman in front of her with a smile. She meant it when she said that more people would come to buy from the young woman, as she truly believed that, no questions asked.

Granny spoke as she smiled at her. "I am right, just don't give up, ok?" she answered after she heard what she said, as she then spoke again. "Maybe not but then again, your shop doesn't really have to be big, it van be small too, you know?!It is, isn't it? Having a job is always great, isn't it?Well, If you know how to cook well having another cook in my diner, won't hurt or you can be a maid in my bed and breakfast, or a cook there or waitress or such, which would pay well as well, up to you, really. You choose and it would be fine,"Granny said to her.

She liked the young woman as a person, and in some way she saw her as a granddaughter she never had, despite the fact that she loved her actual granddaughter a great deal. Granny watched her as she then asked what she asked next, as she still watched her even when she asked her the new questions. She then listened for a reply before she herself replied back to her. Granny smiled kindly once more as she listened to her and nodded to her in understanding. It made sense and it seemed rather interesting. Or so Granny thought at least.

"Oh, I see. I figured that much! That is nice. Welcome to Storybrooke! Are you by any chance from a different world or are you from the world outside of Storybrooke, like some people in town? It is nice to meet you and see you here either way, dear," she said to her kindly. "Yeah it is. Despite some crazy things happening here, it sure is. It is and you will but be careful not everyone are as they seem! Some are good like me but others are evil. Some are even between good and evil, as they are both so be careful about that too, alright?" Granny said to her.

She looked around them, then she looked back at her as she wondered what did Riley hid but didn't ask, as she knew it wasn't her business after all. Granny just hoped that she was alright and that no one hurt her because if someone did then Granny planned to do something about it, as Granny was a good person. Only if the person was bad then she planned not to help the person at all, as she only helped good people and not evil. Which won't ever change, as she refused to let it change. Granny could tell that Riley was good and that was all that mattered or so she thought as well as believed, as she had a gut feeling that told her that.

Granny listened as she spoke to her again and sighed. [b]"Originally? The Enchanted Forest and you?"
she said to her. "For a long time, even if in the Enchanted Forest I live much longer than here,"

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Frisk
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 11:42 AM

N/A

Hub World

Frisk is online

N/A years old / 8 posts

Frisk was inclined to give Granny's propositions a decent amount of consideration. She needed money, and wouldn't be making a living selling Monster Candy any time soon. Granny's words of encouragement drew her to take heart in thinking she might sell what was left of her candy stock-but the most pressing thing on her mind quickly became the woman's job offers.

With a nod, Frisk gave Granny a wide, toothy smile. "The cook position for your bed and breakfast sounds interesting. I have a bit of experience, not a lot, but I know I can pick up what I'll need to know along the way."

Already, things were looking up. A job would provide her with a steady income while she stayed in Storybrooke, and with an income, she could perhaps rent a room somewhere. The mood changed as Granny asked her following question, about coming from a different world.

"I come from...a small town. North of here," Frisk offered.

A cold chill ran up her spine. She didn't like lying, but it was for the good of Storybrooke, and for the good of the Underground. She knew that, and so she clung to her reservations and continued.

"I don't really want to talk about it, if you don't mind. It's in the past, and I just want to leave it there."

Frisk looked up at Granny, hoping she would understand. Her statement about people not being what they seem struck a chord as well, and Frisk immediately felt like she'd fit well into that category, with the lie she now had to live up to. Pushing aside her worries, she gave a confident nod.

"I'll be careful."

Granny's recounting of her time in the Enchanted Forest peaked Frisk's interest. "That's really cool. I haven't heard of the Enchanted Forest before," she replied, hoping for more insight. "What was it like there?"
PM
^
Granny
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 01:21 AM

Once Upon A Time

Enchanted Forest

Maria is online

N/A years old / 29 posts

Granny watched her closely when she offered her what she offered her. Which was job offers. Granny meant it. However, it was up to Riley to take it or not. It was fine either way or so Granny thought but she thought that offering that to her won't hurt. She did think that Riley would sell all what was left in her store. As there were kids in town as well as adults so it would make sense that more people would but from her, or so Granny thought at least. Despite the fact that she had no idea for sure. Granny still had faith and believed it as it seemed to her that there were people who would love the candies, even if they were different than the people were used to. Well different than what some people were used to. But still. Granny was sure it was possible but for the time being she thought it would do Riley some good to have a job. Which was why she offered her the jobs that she offered her.

(Not done yet)

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine