Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What the hell, OPEN
Merida
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 12:41 AM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida rolled her eyes at his words, ”I know what tobacco is.” She waited as he opened the door for her, the courtesy not going unnoticed as she headed inside, immediately greeted by the smells of cheap tavern food and alcohol. She removed her bow from where it was slung across her chest and propped it by the door, unbelting her quiver and leaving it aside the weapon. Storybrooke was reasonably safe, most of the time. She wouldn’t need her bow in the taver…bar, Merida, it’s a bar, this evening. Billiards sounds from across the room made her head move to see who was playing. People she didn’t know, but that could be remedied another time. She followed the man to the bartop. She still had her dagger in her stocking – if something did happen, she’d be able to defend herself with less if needed. She let her eyes slide back to Constantine, listening closely to his order, then jerking her head to the bar tender, she told him, ”Ah’ll have tha same.” After all, John was paying. She might as well enjoy free drinks while she could. Lord Above knew it had been some time since she had a good pint of ale.

She leaned back against the bar then, setting both elbows up on it, taking in the rest of the patrons. It was late enough in the evening in the sleepy little town that there weren’t many about, but she still liked to keep her back to the bar and keep an eye on anything that may get out of hand quickly. She grinned to herself, head rolling to the side to regard her companion this evening again. ”I dunnae ken if they got cottage pie, but it’d be grand if they did.” She didn’t really know why the craving suddenly struck her. She hadn’t recognized the names of the other foods he had said earlier, except for bacon and fish, and try as she might, she had no context to put the word butty, or chips with. What she knew of chips was the fried potato slices that came from the crinkly sounding bags that were in the shops around. Not exactly a fitting meal. But mashed, creamed, and covered in cheese atop simmered meats and vegetables, baked in a crust – now that was a meal.

Satisfied that the few patrons left out at this time of night weren’t going to cause too much of a stir, she turned back to face the bar, leaving an amicable distance between herself and her companion’s shoulder. She eyed the paper that he was holding as the bar keep poured shots and filled large glasses full of beer, knowing that it was money, but the concept of paper over gold, or one’s word was still confusing for her. She’d ask someone trusted about it later – if she bothered to come back into the town any time soon. As soon as she could hand John over to Emma or the Charmings, she was back out to the woods. Town had nothing to offer her right now, except bad memories, and an itch to get back home every time she thought about magic. The smell of food hit her again, stirring her thoughts back to the moment at hand, and her stomach growled to punctuate just how hungry she was. Out in the woods, she had caught a few small animals, spit them over an open fire, much as she was used to. But nothing compared to an actual warm meal, followed by a good sleep. Apples and roast rabbits only did so much to stave off the true hunger that abundant food caused. She grinned as the glasses were set down, and she finally slid into a bar stool. Might as well get comfortable.

”Ya think ya can keep up? She asked John with a huge grin as she plucked the small glass out from in front of her, turned to him and held it for a moment in toast, raised it to her lips and downed it all in one large gulp. She sighed happily as the familiar burn started to warm her from the inside, the tartness left on her tongue followed by the slow waft of properly aged whiskey rose up to her nose from the inside. Her lips parted in appreciation, the puff of air she let out completely involuntary as she slammed the glass back down on the bar top, her grin growing wider. Now that was what she needed. Warmth, burn, and for more of that to find its way to in front of her. She was sure the ale…beer…damnit all, beer!, would be like pale piss in comparison, but the old saying was that beggars couldn’t be choosers. ”Och! Thas tasty!” Merida exclaimed as her hand moved to wrap around the cold glass that held the beer.

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 03:19 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

John shrugged and downed his double shot of whiskey like a man dying of thirst might drink down water. It had been a long few days back in his realm, an even longer night that didn't seem to have an end in sight. He wasn't even sure if he was going to be able to get a room at that Bed and Breakfast place Merida had mentioned at this late hour. Assuming he'd even be able to sleep, sure he was exhausted, he'd barely slept much the last few days while tracking down that bloody demon, but the worried feeling he had about his friends back home, it was too strong and too nagging, maybe a lot of whiskey would drown it out for awhile, make him relax more. He slid the empt glass back indicating he wanted them to keep coming, and then he downed half the beer nearly as quickly as he'd downed the double shot, but then slowed a bit and set the now half full glass of beer back on the bar. He asked the bartender if they had a menu for whatever foods were available and they slid one over to him and Merida.

"Love, there are only a few things in life I'm sure of, and holding my liquor is definitely one of them." He said with a sly grin and a wink, then he opened the menu so that she could read it as well. Most of it read as usual pub type foods. He didn't see cottage pie on it, then again he'd have preferred shepherds himself, he typically preferred lamb over beef, though when hungry he'd eat just about anything within reason. (menu). He did see both fish and chips on the menu, as well as bangers and mash which surprised him, gah now he'd have to choose and it was all starting to look tasty as his stomach started to make gurgling angry hungry sounds that were probably audible to anyone standing close to him.

"Well, I don't see anything about cottage or shepherds pie, but they've got a decent selection of food, not sure if any of it will be good or not, but at this point I'm hungry enough to eat this bar, or perhaps a hunger demon, though they are nasty things, probably wouldn't taste so good." He turned to the bartender and ordered the bangers and mash with a poutine appetizer. Then motioned to the bartender to take whatever order Merida wanted.

Once the food was all ordered and John had downed another double shot of whiskey, he turned his attention back to Merida, he had to admit despite the attitude and fierceness, she was quite attractive, though he wasn't about to underestimate her tolerance for men hitting on her, so for now he played it relatively cool, trying to keep his mouth reigned in as best as he could, which was probably shit by some men's standards.

"So love, how long have you been in this town any way? This isn't the whole realm is it? Honestly I've never put much thought to studying the realms, always got up to enough trouble in my own without going realm hopping. For all I know there are realms out there the size of a small town, and others as large as a galaxy. "

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 06:39 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida slid her small shot glass forward to receive a refill of the whiskey as well. It was going to be far better than the beer, she already decided after she had raised the glass to her lips and taken just a small sip of it. One red brow quirked up, as a half grin spread across her face. So, he thought he could hold his whiskey and ale, did he? Well, challenge accepted – Merida would never back down from a challenge, be it a fight, or a drinking contest. Her tongue darted out to wet her lips, picking the beer back up and taking another large gulp as she waited for the whiskey to be refilled. It was piss, like most ale after whiskey, but she hadn’t drank in quite a while, and she wasn’t about to let him get an early start on her. She finished off the rest of the beer, setting the mug down with a happy sigh. She was back in the lead again, her beer mug empty finally, and she was starting to get the light-headed feeling of quaffing down so much alcohol so quickly on an empty stomach. She watched as the menu was slid forward and John cracked it open, leaning over so she could read it better.

If she had been nervous about leaning against his shoulder so she could read it, her face was a mask, but in all honesty, she was hoping that he didn’t immediately turn into some sort of ogre bent on wrecking the village. The night had been eventful so far, but she didn’t want to leave a bad impression – not on someone who was getting her food and alcohol, and well, he was kind of nice to be around. He wasn’t demanding anything of her – no use of her skills with the bow, he hadn’t even expected her to take him to town, he seemed fully capable and willing to do that on his own from her impressions of him. It was refreshing for once to not have to be fourteen different things at once to appease every one. And, he hadn’t even batted an eye at how fast she had downed her whiskey. She felt the blush rise in her cheeks as she continued to remain leaned against him, her eyes scanning over the list of foods available to them.

Merida had no clue what buffalo wings were, but she was pretty certain that she wasn’t going to like them based off the description provided. Nuggets, corn dogs, chili, fries, poutine… the list kept going with words that she didn’t recognize and sometimes the descriptions weren’t helpful at all. She had no idea what it meant to be curried, but onions she recognized, oysters, crab…. These were things she knew. Her eyes swept over the words bangers and mash, and she nodded her head, reading the description. “No pies on there, but ah’d no be lying if ah said the “bangers” and mash looked about the tastiest thing on there for me. ah’ll have that too.” She smiled to the bar tender, and then leaned back over to her own seat and off John’s shoulder, the momentary chill returning to her arm before she warmed back up. ”And as fer ya holdin’ yer liquor, we’ll see how well ya do as tha night wears on.” She teased him a bit, but it was easy for her since she had grown up with her da and younger brothers. She felt more at ease around the men-folk than she ever had around the other female in the castle, including her mother.

She listened to his next words, filing each question in her mind to answer them all for him. She knew how it felt to be thrown into another realm, even if the one here was filled with people that had originally been from the same realm as her, maybe not the same area, but the same realm for the most part. They could all travel between the different kingdoms easily enough back there. She scratched the back of her head a moment, frowning. How long had she actually been here this time? A couple weeks already, and before she had been here before too. ”Ah’ve been here a-fore, a while ago, ah was forced ta try and make a cowardly man inta a hero. And I succeeded – he became a hero, just I wasn’t able ta help him as much as ah wanted. He was actually able to do that all on his own come ta find out. This time though, maybe a couple weeks? Give or take a couple a’days. Been out in tha woods fer tha most part.” The glasses were finally refilled and Merida took hold of the double shot, starting to count in her head how much she was having. She was no-where near the most she had ever drank at once, but she wanted to keep her wits about her for the bulk of the evening as well.

”Nah, this isnae tha whole realm, we’re trapped in tha town and surroundin’ area, mind ya, but, ah’d say it’s a small bubble off yer realm maybe, I dunnae ken if its tha same or no, but ya look like yer from here.” She nodded along with him, knowing that the bulk of the realms around varied in size depending on what ever limited them in whichever way, but some of them had to go on and on. Raising the shot glass over to him, again in toast, she arched a brow. ”Well, John Constantine, here’s ta ya. Ya fall from tha sky and still buy a lass dinner an’ drink, ya arenae bad, and fer tha, a toast ta ya.” Merida waited on him this time, her lips curving again into that little half smile. She really should have thought about betting him something before she started drinking him under the table.

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 02:35 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Making a cowardly man into a hero didn't sound like much fun to John, despite his work helping people over the years, he wouldn't have considered himself a hero for any of it, especially after what happened with Astra. He wasn't even sure what made a hero a hero, since a lot of people he met back in his realm didn't seem to like embracing that title for various reasons or another. He always felt it seemed stupid getting all sorts of attention for doing something that anyone with a decent bone in their body should do. You see someone that needs help, well, even he wasn't a big enough arsehole to walk away, even though there were plenty of times he'd like to have. Times he tried to ignore what was going on, or pretend he didn't read about some cases going in in other cities where he was from that clearly sounded more like occult activity or possession and wished he could just ignore it and go about his life.

"Heroes are overrated, being seen as a hero means having something too large to live up to, nope, me I'd rather the shock of it, when people are bloody amazed I did something when no one else would. Being a hero means being known, being seen, being recognised, sure some blokes from my world are smart enough to come up with a secret identity to protect themselves, but not everyone has that luxury, and being known means that as quickly as you rise, you can fall down in the public's graces just as quickly, I've seen it happen. People will go from practically worshipping the poor sod that saved them to fire and pitchforks, nope, that is a life I don't ever bloody want........"

He'd seen it happen over and over, he'd seen organisations rise and crumble all for public opinion. SHIELD often took the brunt of public opinion wavering, and he could list on and on the number of vigilantes and heroes and organisations that could go from glorified heroes one moment, to hated vigilantes another moment. So much drama, drama that John had always done his best to avoid, which also meant having as little to do with those organisations as possible, and even turning down offers to join in the past. He didn't need that in his life, he had enough of his own problems.

John wasn't sure that it was good to know that Storybrooke wasn't the entire realm, or if that was a bad thing that the way Merida mentioned it seemed as if that there wasn't really any travelling beyond that town. Not that he could see any reason to want to travel the world beyond Storybrooke, until he could get back to his own realm, the town seemed the most reasonable place to stay since this was where the portals were dumping people, no point in going off further into a world he didn't know. He wasn't really the exploring or adventurous type, after all, why go looking for trouble when it always found him.

"Well, for the most part this place looks a bit a small town north of where I grew up, sat on the coast just like this one, nice big beach, had more people in the summers than any other time of the year, quaint. Boring though, really fucking boring....." John had the bartender do another round of double shots, after he downed that one, he finished off his beer and had the bartender fill that as well. He smiled when she complimented him, the way she did it, with her accent, he wasn't sure if cute was the right word, but it did make him smile for some reason.

"Well love, it's the least I could do since you didn't shoot me full of arrows. So, what's it like in your realm eh, since you seem more comfortable out in the woods with a fire and use a horse to get around, I'm guessing it's nothing too modern, no cars or electricity?"

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 09:32 AM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida was starting to feel the pleasant effects of all the whiskey, her mental tally being shot to the wind as she felt the muscles in her shoulders start to relax greatly with each drink. As another full glass was slid to her, she hurriedly finished down her beer to have that refilled too. Her stomach grumbled in protest of all the alcohol in such a short amount of time, but it had been a while since she had felt at ease, and even if she paid for it the next morning, she was going to be happy tonight. She deserved it after all the events of the past couple weeks, and well, the company wasn’t all that bad. As John talked about the heroes and their tribulations in his realm, she nodded. She knew about what he was saying, a little too well at times.

”It may not be the same, but where a lot o’ us are from, all it takes is one mistake for the masses ta start eventually turnin’ against ya. Yer face on a wanted poster for crossing the wrong monarch, or a gammy witch or wizard comin’ after ya after a deal gone wrong, or ‘cause ya got somethin’ they be wantin’ for their own. I ken it no the same, but in a way, similar.” The smell of food was getting stronger, and the slight feeling of being a little bit more loose in the joints started to work its way through her. She had some ways to go still, before she’d start getting first giggly – completely out of character for her – and then the all-encompassing desire to have a fight set in. It was part of her nature, as it seemed to be with most in her clan, that alcohol brought about the fight sooner rather than later. ”But that no tha point. Ya do it ‘cause its tha right thing ta do. ‘Cause if ya dunnae then somethin’ else bad’ll happen, or ‘cause someone cannae do it fer themselves. Bein’ a hero, bein’ brave, just, and kind, ya dunnae stop doin’ it ‘cause they turns on ya, ya do it in spite o’ that.” Merida turned the shot glass up on her lip downing the refilled glass, before pulling the fresh beer over and taking a large gulp from it.

”Storybrooke no like where ah’m from, no. And Ah’ve not been outside it, some spell or some such that prevents those here from leavin’. ‘Sides, could ya honestly see me in your realm – even here ya though ya’d gone back in time, chust ‘cause Ah look out o’place ta ya. And even though Ah’ve been here, Ah ken the rest o’yer realm, or tha ‘thers Ah’d look chust as out o’ place as Ah do here.” Merida listened to his home, and how he deemed it boring. She had seen beaches before, but since her home wasn’t very warm until the end of the summer months, no one had flocked to the shores, like she now knew they did in this realm. She took another drink of the beer, smiling at the bar tender as her shot glass was refilled. A quick mental tally put her at this being her 5th drink of whiskey, and her third beer. She needed food. Soon. Otherwise she was certain that her head was going to be pounding like crazy in the morning, and she would still have to hunt for her breakfast once she woke up. When he called his home boring, she laughed, a wide smile crossing her face. ”Borin’ can be nice though, after a while, somewhere ta go home ta, ta be at peace with yerself.”
Home. Merida’s eyes slid closed as she thought of home, and then he asked her about her home. She paused, her smile fading slowly as she up-ended the shot glass, letting out a contented sigh as the liquid burned a path down her throat.

Merida didn’t put the glass down right away. So often than not, with alcohol, it was easy to slip past the happy, toe-tingly stages of inebriation and straight into the sadness that memory would bring. Home. She missed her home so much – had broken into the Dark One’s store trying to find some bauble or artifact that would take her home, anything, even if she had to make a deal to get there, if she had to sell something of value, like her soul. Anything, she would give anything to be back there right now. To hug her brothers close to see her mum, to go talk to her da at his grave…. Anything, just to see Jamie, hell, even Wee Dingwall, MacGuffin, and MacIntosh, she’d be happy with their ugly mugs, as long as it was someone from home. She rolled the glass across her bottom lip as she thought, before clearing her throat and setting the glass down on the bar top with a quiet “tink”. A small half-smile crawled back over her face as she finally looked back over at him, the smile widening back out to the cheerful one it had been before.

”Och, no, there’s no cars, no electricity, but ya can see a million stars at night, all across tha sky, the waters are crystal clear and almost sweet ta tha taste, an tha wind carries tha scent o’ peat an heather for miles and miles…” Home. If Merida ever got back there, she’d never leave again. Of that she was certain. ”Tha rain is warm on ya skin, an tha forests speak with tha swayin’ o’ tha trees. It’s beautiful, an’ wild, an’ free…”

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine