New Poll

Did someone order a pizza?, tag Eli/Twin
Phoebe Bennett
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 11:03 AM

OC

Land Without Magic

Bach is online

29 years old / 73 posts

Phoebe normally worked inside at the Storybrooke Pizzeria, cooking and doing various managerial tasks, but it was the afternoon and school had gotten out and her driver for the afternoon shift to deliver had called out sick. Something about recovering from the trauma of having spent April Fools day as, what had they said, a girl, whatever she didn't really have time to pester James for questions, so she just went in to cover his shift.

A call came in for a delivery to the school, though the kids shouldn't be around the school unless they had things like detention or extra school activities, she assumed maybe it was a teacher working late that had ordered the pizza. Perhaps if she'd been working inside she might have taken a closer look to the order, but since she was delivering she didn't stop to look at what had actually been ordered. A large double pepperoni, double anchovies, extra garlic, money to be paid in cash upon delivery. She also didn't actually look at the person's name yet, just that it was going to the school, she figured she'd look at the other details once she was at the school.

Once there Phoebe took the pizza and headed into the school, a lot of, well no, most of the classrooms were empty. She kept looking, one after another, and finally found a classroom with someone in it. She poked her head in and finally checked the name on the slip.

"Did you order pizza, someone named Ben Dover.................. Fucking hell, never mind I think it's a prank, it would definitely explain why someone thinks pepperoni, anchovies and garlic are a good pizza topping combination......"

Eli Wallace

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Eli Wallace
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 10:48 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

20 years old / 84 posts

Eli hummed merrily as he worked. It probably wasn't appropriate to be humming after all the crazy stuff that had been happening recently, but he couldn't help himself- he was in a good mood. He had made friends in Storybrooke and he was actually starting to feel like the place was home. Maybe it wasn't the Destiny, and maybe it had just as much danger as space seemed to have, but it was pretty and nice and on earth, where there was no worry about running out of food and water. The company was great, too. Even Rush wasn't so bad.

Having Amanda there seemed to transform him. Well, sort of. He was still an asshole, and to anyone else he probably looked like the same jerk who would push you in front of an explosion if it proved a useful experiment to him. But to him? He could see Rush was opening up to people. Participating more. Being a member of the community. He even graded some homework every now and again.

Not today, of course.

Eli was sitting at the teacher's desk, finishing up grading the last few exams that had been turned in that day. They were, on the whole, a lot better than they had been and he was starting to suspect that it wasn't just that they were improving, but that Rush was making the tests less impossible, too. He was adjusting things for them.

More proof as far as Eli was concerned.

He looked up from his work when he heard someone speaking to him, his eyebrows raising. He let out a laugh almost immediately. "whoops!" He laughed lightly, "guess one of the kids decided to play a prank on you- I wish I could help you out, but I don't know who might have put that call in. But, uh, if you want I could still pay for the pizza? I mean... I'm willing to try anything once..."

Phoebe Bennett
PM
^
Phoebe Bennett
 Posted: May 4 2017, 04:00 PM

OC

Land Without Magic

Bach is online

29 years old / 73 posts

Phoebe just sort of stood in the doorway to the classroom for a moment, staring at the man at the desk. He was being super nice about it of course, not that she had expected anything less, but since she felt pretty stupid for not having caught the prank before she actually get out the door with the food, well it should have been obvious. Since deciding to stick around Storybrooke she had heard all sorts of crazy names though, and so her internal monitor for picking up on prank names had dulled slightly. There was a man named Rumplestiltskin after all, and an alien named Oh.

She moved into the room and plopped down on a chair next to the desk, not that he'd asked her to come in, but it hadn't occurred to her to ask. She was still holding the pizza and the bag it was being kept warm in, she couldn't ask him to pay for it. It wasn't like her boss was actually going to make her pay for it, and besides, she was the manager, she really didn't even have to tell the owner if she didn't want to, so they'd never know it happened.

"You'd really try a pepperoni, anchovies and garlic pizza? Seriously? I mean you like really don't have to pay for it, it's not going to come out of my pay or anything, and I'm the manager so, it would be stupid for me to charge myself. Though I feel rather foolish for letting the prank even get this far, usually I catch things like that, guess I was more distracted tonight than I thought. But hey, if you want to try it, I'll even try it with you. I've had garlic on pizza before, but never anchovies." She paused for a moment, as if suddenly realising she'd pretty much just invited herself into the classroom and taken a seat without even asking, oops.

"Oh, dude, sorry, you don't mind if I sit do you? It's been a crazy day. I wasn't really supposed to work today, and usually I just run shifts, I don't deliver, but our driver called out so I had to cover his shift and I'm really not happy about having to work on my day off......" She smiled and took a deep breath, the sort of breath someone took when they were having a stressful day and were trying to just calm down and take a few minutes to chill.

Eli Wallace

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Eli Wallace
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:43 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

20 years old / 84 posts

Eli smiled and watched as she came in- he wasn’t particularly bothered by it. It wasn’t like this was his house, it was just a classroom, and totally open for people to come in and use how they like. Granted, he would probably be annoyed if she started playing music or setting off fireworks, but he imagined that wasn’t likely to happen. She just looked like she needed a minute after the realization that she had totally been pranked. He wondered which of the students would send her here, and why they had done it.

To prank her, or to prank him for being the one stuck with the pizza? Maybe it was meant for someone else entirely, like Dr. Rush? He had so many questions!

“Sure,” he replied with a grin when she asked about the pizza, “I’ve tried worse. I mean, I came from a ship in the middle of space and we ate all kinds of crazy plants and animals. Some of them almost killed us. Even our water was poisonous at one point. So I’d totally risk a tummy ache for some pizza, especially since I’m still making up for lost time being without it for so long.” He chuckled lightly and waved a hand as she apologized for barging in.

“I don’t mind! It’s not really my classroom, I’m just the TA. Besides, I totally get needing a break when something doesn’t go right. Sounds like you’ve had more than one problem today. Not just the prank, but having to cover, too! I don’t mind if you hang out for a bit if you want to- I won’t tell anyone.” Though, if she was the manager, there wasn’t really anyone to tell, anyway. He chuckled at the thought and looked at the bag holding the pizza once more.

“Anchovies are pretty good on pizza. Salty. I’m not sure how they pair with Garlic and pepperoni, though those two are great together on their own! I’m kind of hoping all the stars will align and it’ll actually be a really good pizza. It’s still possible, right?” He was definitely a glass half full kind of guy.

“Oh! I’m Eli, by the way. I’m probably going to be a regular for you guys pretty soon. I normally order pizza a lot, since I can’t… really cook.”

Phoebe Bennett
PM
^
Phoebe Bennett
 Posted: May 20 2017, 09:50 AM

OC

Land Without Magic

Bach is online

29 years old / 73 posts

Phoebe supposed it made sense, people coming from all sorts of other realms, they'd have different foods and such, and it seemed wherever Eli had been, well the way he talked about it at least, sounded like he'd been forced to eat foods unusual for him. Poisonous things and things that nearly killed them, that sounded frightening to say the least. Though in some odd way it also intrigued her, she heard all sorts of stories of people in the realms where they came from, but somehow his story sounded like it would be rather dark and dark usually interested her.

"Wow, really, that's kinda cool and not cool at the same time. Worst I've ever had is when I was in high school, I went to a boarding one, and the dorm I was at had sulphur water, so everything out of the tap tasted and smelled like rotten eggs. I don't really understand why it was like that, something to do with where the something was, or I really don't know, but we couldn't drink the water, not that anyone would want to considering how gross it smelled." She imagined her rotten egg story was nothing compared to water that could kill you, but for some reason it had come to mind at the moment, and as often happened when things came to her mind, they also went flying out of her mouth, something that sometimes got her in a bit of trouble or awkward situations.

She nodded, she'd heard anchovies were just really salty, and it wasn't so much that Phoebe was opposed to having fish on a pizza, since she'd had shrimp on a pizza once. Still something about the combination of the three things sounded a bit iffy. Garlic wasn't salty but it was very strong, and the pepperoni were both a bit spicy and salty, so all that together on one greasy pizza, well for the most part Phoebe would try anything once, and there was little she didn't like at all, Brussels sprouts not withstanding. She shrugged and smiled.

"I figure the three together will either be really gross or who knows, it'll definitely be strong. Oh and I'm Phoebe. So, a TA huh, do you want to be a full teacher ever or is this just something you're doing since you're stuck here?" She imagined a lot of people from other realms ended up having to take jobs that may not be their first choices back in their home realm, she'd imagined maybe teaching one day, if she hadn't gotten into Social Services and child counselling, though she'd never have the patience to teach anything less than university age students. She took the pizza out of the hot bad it was being kept in and put it on the desk between them, it was fortunately only a medium sized regular crust pizza, so at least it wasn't a whole large or bigger being wasted if they didn't finish it.

Eli Wallace

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine