Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 10:08 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

32 years old / 1259 posts

just some lyrics
Vanellope Von Schweetz   •   notes go here. Just don't stretch it
It still felt weird for Neal to have a full time job, and, a permanent place to stay. Yes, he'd had both of those things back in New York, but, there was always the small chance he was going to have to run away yet again before he truly got settled. But, the place here was different. Here he had people that he wanted to stay for.

A lost boy finally had a home.

Neal liked his job here at the mechanic's though, since he had always been good at improvising how to fix problems on cars, and, it had all started with that garage he had reached, when he ran away from the system for the first time. They had given him something that no-one else did, they gave him a job in exchange for a place to stay.

He had used that brief knowledge, plus his own tricks from later on to truly get through all the problems that came up in the bug, before he met Emma. Mainly because he knew that the moment he took it to a mechanic's then they would know it was stolen, and, then the police would find so much more then that on his record.

Neal had been brought a car today, and, he knew that with Mr. Tillman doing something with his kids, and, Rikku not being on shift until later, he was pretty much working on this stuff himself. Which he didn't mind, he still wasn't the best at relying on other people.

He was fiddling around with something on the engine, when he heard someone walking into the garage. Standing up, Neal cleaned some of the oil off of his hands before he moved his gaze towards the door, and, noticed a woman standing by the door. "Can I help you?"

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 08:10 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

Having her own shop, having her own small business, surely did felt weird for the woman, She had never had a job, she had never had to work to earn what she needed! I mean, come on, she was the character from a well-known video game!. Well, now that she though about it, maybe racing would have been qualified as a job, but could it really be considered a job if you liked it? Anyhow, she still could not get used to her, to little old herself, having her own job. Tuning cars in her own little shop, and may I say she was good at it, which was weird, since she didn't have a lot of experience with cars itself. I mean- she was a racer, but that did not mean she knew how to fix cars, though she had learnt quite a lot with Ralph. Not to mention, that, well, tuning and fixing cars was also in her code!.

Everything to do with cars was basically in her code, written in her veins. Anyhow, she had been enjoying having that small business, mostly because when people brought their cars for her to tune, she actually took advantage of that opportunity and drove them through all the city. Okay, maybe their respective owners did not know anything about that, but those were just details! I mean, she delivered them the car as beautiful as possible, which basically was what they had asked for, so where was the problem? If they didn't know she actually drove their cars, there wouldn't be any kind of bicker, ever.

Though, there more or less was one problem. She had heard about other shop which also fixed car, and that didn't exactly please her. I mean- she tuned cars, but also fixed them. Sometimes. Did that really matter? Though it did felt exciting to have some kind of opponents! It reminded her of her races back home, when she had to race against her own friends in order to win the prize that was given to you if you crossed the finish line first! May I say, she was the one which most races won, but hey, not like she bragged about it again and again and again and again, not at all. Though she did like to remind people about it.

Anyhow, Vanellope decided to visit the shop, since it seemed like the most logical decision to her. So, with a smile painted on her lips, she made her way to said shop, though upon arriving she stood on the door, without entering, waiting for someone to notice her. And ta-da, it worked!. A man, who stopped doing whatever he was doing with the engine, had noticed and talked to her. "Oh, no, I don't think so. I'm just popping by to see my competence!" she happily commented, now walking into the garage. "I was worried for a second, you know? But seeing what I see, well, now I know there's nothing to be worried about!".

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 12:40 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

just some lyrics
Vanellope Von Schweetz   •   notes go here. Just don't stretch it
THE PAST

Neal didn't know where he was going, and, heck he really didn't care. That group home, as they had called it, wasn't really somewhere he felt wanted, so he wasn't really in the mood to stay there. Neal didn't really have much in the way of stuff, aside from the stuff that he came to this world with, there really wasn't much else. He had taken a small amount of food and stuff to drink, but, that wasn't going to last him long.

Entering a convenience store that he was passing along the path, Neal began to examine some of the shelves. Keeping his backpack close to him, Neal grabbed a few packets of stuff off of the shelves, and, looked around making sure the security cameras couldn't see him, before he placed some items in his backpack, and, then placed a couple more in a shopping cart, knowing that it was the best way to avoid people getting suspicious. After paying for the items in his cart, Neal made his way out of the store, and, kept his grip on them as tight as he could while he continued to walk up the path.

When he'd rounded the corner, Neal placed the bag into his backpack, knowing that would cover him for a while. Neal noticed it was getting dark, and, soon the foster home would notice he was gone. He kept his hands in his hoodie pockets, while he walked along the path a bit further. Soon, he noticed a mechanic's shop, and, he slowly walked towards it. Pulling his gear out of his pocket, Neal quickly picked the lock, opening the door. Neal slowly made his way inside, and, closed it, before he moved over to the couch that was there, and, lay down on it.

THE PRESENT

Neal knew that this car didn't have much else to do in terms of work on it, and, he just continued to focus on the engine of this car making sure that it was finished within the time that he had told the owner, and, only looked up when he heard someone walking inside. Keeping his hands in his pockets, he gave the woman a soft smile. “Well, I'm sorry we don't match your obviously high standards.” Neal said, with a slight sarcastic tone in his voice. “This is a small town, we don't really have a lot of everything here. Not compared to where I grew up anyway.”

danke!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 10:43 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

"No one matches my high standards. Just me" she answered, a quick smile crossing her face. Honestly, she hadn't seen many garages in the city, or in her life, to make up some standards, but still. There was some kind of garage in Sugar Rush, but there cars were not arranged, they were created. It was a mini-game in which you could create the car of your dreams. She had created her own with Ralph, and the truth is that she had not completed it exactly well, because both had broken the game, although the result was something that she appreciated more than anything in the world. Her kart had turned out to be an explosion of colors and chips! The best of them all, if anyone asked her.

Surely that's why she had decided to create her own garage in that new town, to have at least something which could remind her to her house. Apart from all the sweets that there apparently also were sold, which were a good thing to remind her of home too. I don't know, she simply just needed something that could tell her where she really came from. "Oh, seriously? And where did you grew up? In Garageland?" She questioned, sarcastically more than anything else, while her eyes inspected all over the place. It was not especially a place that she liked. Clearly, we could not compare the two premises. Her local was full of glitter and pink, and it looked more like an store for children than one for tuning cars.

Honestly, she didn't even act like a teenager. In the majority of cases, at least. She still retained with that spirit of a small, annoying and stubborn girl. But she liked it, even if apparently others did not agree. Well, Ralph, had been the one who had not agreed with her attitude, though he had not been a ball of love either!. He had lied to a kid! Come on, that must be one of the worst crimes that can be committed, or something. She did not know, but even so, his attitude was not the best.

And Vanellope knew that after everything that had happened, she could become a little more... Friendly, but nope. People had to earn her kindness, because she didn't gave it away, she wasn't going to be friendly with everyone she found because thus it was not how the world worked. Although it is not that she knew exactly how the world worked. The whole world thingie was quite confused, if she had to be honest.

Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, amazing, astonishing... Running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 04:29 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

You have no idea what I've lived with

“Well then I'm wondering what you're doing here?” Neal asked, since obviously this girl had other expertise on this stuff then what was here. This garage obviously wasn't a big one, but, Storybrooke wasn't exactly known for their glamourous businesses, the town was tiny enough to not really have more then one for them to be in competition with. But, that had never bothered him, even if that did happen to be the case. Neal would just do the job he needed to do, and, worry about everything else later. Being a foster kid, Neal was kind of automatically put into competitions due to being with mostly boys in the homes. But, that wasn't his style, everyone just automatically became a competition.

This place was pretty much a reminder of the first real people who took a chance on him. Aside from working with the horses, this is the only connection that he had to the only happy parts of his childhood. It was a reminder of home in a small way. “Look that's not important. I grew up in a life where I didn't have a lot, but, it's not any of your business.” Neal said, as he looked at the girl. Whoever she was, obviously she had come here for a reason. Neal just didn't ask her that though.

Neal knew that he had grown up too fast, so he was used to handling sarcasm, and, knew how to stand his ground with it. He'd been a kid for too little, and, a part of him was still that closed off little boy who was just full of sarcasm. Emma was normally the one who told him when to knock it off, and, turn him back into the adult he was supposed to be. Even if she was not much different at times. Everyone was a kid at times, and, that made things a lot more fun in life. Even if others didn't see it that way.

Despite everything he'd been through, Neal was still able to have a laugh and everything else. And, a lot of the time he was closed off, until he could prove that he could trust them, since he'd been let down a lot in his life. Neal knew that the world was full of people who were un-trustworthy and will let you down. The world was harsh, and, that was the truth.

Vanellope Von Schweetz

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 12:59 PM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

"But haven't you heard me the first time? I told you at the beginning! I have come to take a look at the competition. What is it? You have wax in your ears and it's preventing you from hearing well?" she asked, a smile quickly appearing on her lips. Vanellope had not had the opportunity to visit more garages, mostly because she had been quite busy decorating her own, but she had not yet visited other garages which were also in the city. Perhaps because she was not interested, or maybe because visiting other garages would be like to enter in the field of the enemy, or at least from her point of view. But there she was, essentially invading the space of that man, man she still did not know the name of. Nor is it that she need to know his name for what she was doing at that time, but... Well, names are like your essence. It was important to know them. "Have you ever raced?" it was perhaps a very direct question, she would have to develop it more. "I mean, do you know how to drive well?".

She imagined that most of those who worked in garages knew how to lead a car, but there were always some exceptions. Anyway, she had raced with the cars that she had arranged and tuned, but it was not the same. Van needed an opponent, someone with who to run against, someone who she could win. And she was considering to ask him. I don't know, he seemed just like a fair opponent. He was evidently older than her, but age made no difference in races. Oh, just the thought of returning to run against anyone, although it couldn't be compared at what she felt when running against her friends in Sugar Rush, made her all excited. The adrenaline, the wind playing with your hair... Was there something better? Ice cream, perhaps.

"I didn't grow up with a lot either" she said, to hear his words. Okay, he was right, it was not within her business, and perhaps she shouldn't have encroached him just like that. But she thought that if she said that she had not grown with riches to her around she could... Pave the ground, right?. "But practically I didn't grow up... So, in general, I haven't lived with a lot" of course, a video game character can not exactly grow, unless perhaps you have been updated with full backstory of your childhood. Or maybe you could grow if you were one of those characters who have the opportunity to evolve! She had never met any, but it should be cool. To grow.

"Anyway, do you race? Yes or no. I don't have all day" she asked again, trying to get rid of sentimentality and vulnerability that had invaded her for a moment.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 08:07 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

You have no idea what I've lived with

“You know what you little brat. If you're going to have that attitude you can just leave right now, because I'm not in the mood for whatever attitude this is.” Neal said, as he looked at the girl who had entered the garage. Whoever this girl was, he had dealt with her type before, the rude foster sisters who think they are better then someone like him. Neal honestly thought he had seen the last of them, when he walked away from the system for good. If this was who she was, then he wasn't really interested in hearing the name of this girl, even if it may come in handy later on. But, he wasn't really going to ask for it anytime soon. “Yeah, once or twice I have.” Neal then looked at her again, before glancing at some of the cars. “I drive fine. Not that it should be your business.”

Neal didn't work in a garage because he did or didn't know what to do when he got behind the wheel of a car or a bike. Neal just knew that he took the cars out to make sure that they worked, and, were fixed properly, before giving it back to the people who were waiting for them. Neal wasn't really the type to use these cars for anything else, but, that's because it wasn't his cars. But, then again if anything did happen, he was engaged to the Sheriff, and, he's the one who would end up having to fix it. But, he still wasn't going to risk hurting someone if something went wrong. Neal had kept his racing to video games mostly, because it was easier to avoid hurting someone for real if they were virtual or not real. Not that he had ever had any real friends to race or play with. Maybe in this town, he could find someone to do that stuff with.

“Well, then I guess we have one thing in common then.” Neal didn't like talking about his past, he was finally settled down and getting past that. It was nowhere near this strange girl's business either way. Although he was sorry to hear that this girl was in that boat as well. “I had the opposite problem. I didn't grow up for a long time, and, then I needed to grow up too fast you could say. But, still didn't have a lot either way.” The magic on Neverland had caused him not to grow up for two centuries, and, then when he had escaped and then ended up in the system, he had needed to grow up way too fast if he was going to survive on his own.

“I do race. But, I haven't done it in a while.” Neal wasn't going to be vulnerable or open that can of worms again.

Vanellope Von Schweetz

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 09:41 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

i wasn't supposed to exist
The words of the man who obviously wasn't enjoying her company only achieved to make her smile broadly, because somehow, his attitude towards her had vaguely reminded her of Ralph. At least when he had mentioned the part where he included the word 'brat'. It did not bother her at all, as it was obvious, the truth is that that it only encouraged her to continue bothering him, even when she knew that man could get angry. It wasn't as if it worried her.

"Okay, okay, let me recapitulate, smarty pants. You have said that if I'm going to have that attitude I can just leave right now, but then you somehow questions in subtle manner what my attitude is? clarify yourself" the young woman chuckled, not knowing herself if what she had said made sense, before slowly nodding to his confirmation of driving just fine. Course then 'well' was a pretty relative term. Many people referred to drive well as not to crash their cars, so... "No, it is not my business, but something not being of my business does not mean that I'm not interested in that something".

Vanellope enjoyed tinkering with cars, she liked arrangements and tune them to then give them to their owners with a smile painted on her face, but fix them couldn't compare with driving them, and indeed that was what Van wanted and wished with all her soul, to compete against somebody, wear out the wheels on the road... oh, just by thinking about it made her tummy began to get dizzy.

"It sucks. At least you seem to have finished in a good place, uh? In this garage, with the smell of gasoline around!" and she didn't say it in a bad way or something like that, because it seemed that the boy had not had an easy childhood, but as far as she could tell, he had ended quite well.

"And would you be up for doing it again?" whether they raced in video games or in real life, she'd be up for it.

tag: Neal Cassidy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 04:24 AM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

“Oh you know. Cocky, rude and think they know more then they do” Neal said, but, not looking up at the girl. Neal ran the cloth through his fingers, before continuing to examine the engine. Neal never really thought about how well he could drive or not. At the beginning he usually had to drive with caution, so as not to get himself stopped by police, and, them figuring out that he was driving a stolen car, among other things of course. “Yeah I've heard that before.”

Neal enjoyed fixing cars. It was one of the first things he'd ever done since coming back to this world. He had run away from the system, and, hidden out in a place. It was a good way to disguise himself, and, hide his face from being spotted by people, by being hidden underneath a hood. It was something that was able to allow him to help people, with something, even if it was something as simple as fixing cars for people. But, then again, it allowed them to get away when they needed to. It was easier for all of them.

“Yeah, I did end up in a good place. I got used to it, but, yeah guess it's not a bad smell.” Neal knew that his life hadn't been easy growing up. But, now he was kind of back to where he started. Working in a garage.

“Depends on who's asking? And, what the circumstances are.” Neal said. He didn't race for just anyone, and, certainly not for some girl who had just randomly walked in here.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 09:18 AM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

Vanellope smiled amused, and quickly made a small bow. "That's me. Those three words are incredibly fitting to describe my perfect person" she replied, nodding. It was not the first time that someone called her rude or any of those other adjectives, but honestly she didn't care anymore. Although it sounded horrible, she enjoyed being rude, because she got to rage people, got to see the darker side that they hid inside themselves, and that amused her greatly.

Although clearly, being rude nor was something that she would like to at all times. Sometimes she didn't try to be rude, it just happened, without notice. For example, when she had met with the waitress at Granny's, she had been slightly rude, but once again again it had not been her intention, those words had left her lips as a natural instinct, and they were a natural instinct, more or less.

After having been all her life trying to protect herself from other racers, she had learned to perfect her words so they could get to be hurtful, but unfortunately Taffyta's words were always higher, stronger and impervious , those that always managed to break her down. She had never been able to fold her down, and perhaps for that same reason she had practiced her rudeness, something that now was natural.

"I'm the one asking, doi!. President Vanellope Von Schweetz is requesting for a race with... What was your name again? Mister Boring? Stinky Face? Uh, whatever, names are not important. We could make a bet, it could be a normal race... we could create our own circumstances". she just wanted to race, no matter how or why.

notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 04:48 PM

Enchanted Forest

Em 'n' em's is online

“Great now that that's established. Get out of here.” Neal said. He didn't have time for arrogant little kids, he was trying to work after all. Neal wanted more then anything to just be left alone to do his mechanics stuff in peace. He was sure that this kid was trying to rile him up, Neal had seen it a lot, and, he wasn't going to give into that side of himself again anytime soon.

Neal had been fighting a darker part of himself for a while, something Hades had seemed to want him to give into. Give into the anger that he had been building up through the years of being abandoned, betrayed or left behind. Neal just remembered that he had people who hadn't abandoned or left him behind, and, it had stopped him doing that. So if he wouldn't put up with it from Hades, then he wasn't going to for this kid.

He wasn't going to be anything aside from the person who he was now. Yes, he had learnt retorts thanks to all of the kids in the foster homes, and, also from the kids at the schools he went to. It had become something that bounced off of him these days, so the retorts kind of became built in.

“Don't really care brat. But,you're right it is not important. But, if I agree to race, will you leave me to do my work in peace?” Neal could do this back and forth all day, but, it wasn't going to get his work done any faster.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
user posted image
PM
^
Vanellope Von Schweetz
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 06:28 PM

Wreck-It Ralph

Hub World

Avril is online

18 years old / 108 posts

"Someone seems to have risen on the wrong side of the bed..." she muttered, shaking her head as if she were disappointed on him. She loved people who were easily annoyed, they were the easiest to annoy, and watching them get more and more exasperated was quite fun. Perhaps she should stop bothering the poor, innocent people around her, perhaps she should even try to be nicer to them and share interesting, innocent, friendly conversations instead of practically forcing them to compete. Even though she didn't consider it forcing him, either, because she wasn't forcing anyone, it was just an offer she had let hang in the air.

Neal, her beloved new friend, or enemy, or simply acquaintance, had the option of accepting or simply kicking her directly out of the store, something he had asked her to do about a thousandth times now. And hey, it would be easy to admit defeat and leave the establishment, lock herself in her small garage and wait patiently for a customer to show up, with a motor problem or something like that. But that wasn't her style, she wasn't someone who gave up so easily, she would stay there and keep insisting until the poor man agreed to compete against her. It wasn't that she was asking too much of him, just a small race that wouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Whatever he was doing right now could be finished without any trouble when they were done, it could wait. The race instead, no.

"Is brat my new nickname? Not very original, but I will gladly accept it" they had called her much worse, not that she cared how the mechanic could call her. Though her eyes gleamed with enthusiasm as she heard his next words, her head shaking energetically in a gesture that meant yes ten times. "Yes! I won't bother you at all, you won't see me ever again! Pinky promise!".

notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine