Aziraphale
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 02:49 PM

Good Omens

Other Realms

Jessica is online

6000+ years old / 119 posts

Heaven has no taste
AND NOT ONE SINGLE SUSHI RESTAURANT
A big thump. He’d heard a big thump a little while ago. Was it a little while ago? He couldn’t remember it being hours ago, so it had to be recent. Or maybe it had been a few hours. It was ever so hard to tell. The noise had been at the peripherals of his mind, somewhere dim in his subconscious where the wiring wasn’t so good and the lighting was dodgy. Like an old warehouse - yes; like an old warehouse, one that the investors had wanted to do something with before other things got distracting and their atten -

The rest of him had been buzzing away at the current project, of course. It was a restoration of a pretty interesting book - a manuscript of something that Agnes Nutter may or may not have written. The old witch hadn’t just written prophecies about the apocalypse and betamax, apparently. He’d paid a pretty price for it but it was worth it, if it was another Nutter original. If the first book had managed to have nice and accurate prophecies in it, ones that were actually true, what this book had in store was going to be even more interesting.

That had taken up his evening. And his night. And his morning. And whatever day or week he was on. Aziraphale squinted up from his workbench. It was even darker in the back room than it was everywhere else in the shop. He was nearly done restoring this. The spine was now almost as good as new and he’d used special binder’s sellotape on some of the tears.

...But even from his little window, polished to a shine, he was sure he didn’t have a house next door like that. The angel blinked a few times, and in the end settled for rubbing his knuckles into his eye sockets and looking again. Yes, that was….that was rather different.

“...Right.”

His voice broke the silence as he got up from his book and went through to the front of the shop, flicking on lights as he did. The electricity spluttered into life as he went, lighting up the old shop aisle by aisle as he staggered up to the front door and opened it.

..To find a totally different world outside. And Aziraphale, for the first time in his life, thought he was being very, very literal. The angel stopped, looking out towards the building opposite.

“I knew I shouldn’t have touched the Chateau Lafitte last night.”

ADD.: Open! | WORDS: 417 | NOTES: OPEN!

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Bach!
PM
^
Chey Phillips
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 01:01 AM

Renegade

Land Without Magic

Maria is online

44 years old / 25 posts

Chey walked around with her daughter as they talked among themselves about things. As they did many times that they spend time together. Especially after they came to town. They stopped over sudden as they saw a building that wasn't there before show up, out of the blue. They exchanged looks confused by that. They knew that the town was different than any other town but until that moment, they hadn't seen a building show up out of the blue. People and such yes but not a building. That was new. Or so they thought at least. They just stood there and watched. Not sure how to react to that. They blinked as they saw the door open and someone look out through it. They watched the person and sighed to that. They looked between themselves once more and then back over at the person. Then they walked closer to the person. "Hello there," Chey said to the person with a kind smile, as her daughter just watched the guy and kindly waved at him. They didn't want to be rude, not only because it wasn't like them at all but because they could tell that the guy was also confused by the fact that he and his building arrived there out of the blue. Which meant that he had nothing to do with that. As both Chey and her daughter felt bad for him about it.

It didn't ever happened to them before but they had no doubt if it had then they would be as confused by that as he was. They had no doubt about it. They had no idea how to make the guy feel better given that they weren't sure how to cheer a person in situations like that. So they decided just to be nice to the person and hope that would cheer the person up. As that was the only thing that they could do. Or so they thought at least. Chey looked at her daughter who looked at her then back at the person as she herself looked back at him too. "Welcome to town, sir" Chey's daughter said to the guy as Chey smiled to that. Truly proud of her daughter as she was all the time or almost all the time. "As my daughter just said, welcome to town'" she said to him. "We have no idea how you got here but there is no doubt that it has to do with this strange town. As this place is a mystery! If it thinks you are meant to be here then you will and looks like it thought that way with you, as it did with us," Chey added. Her daughter was younger than 13 and 12 etc. But she was smart too. Given that Chey's daughter wasn't a 4 or 2 years old but much older than that. Especially since she was over 5. Chey was over 30 but that was besides the point. They wondered what would he say or do. They noticed before that he spoke and heard him because they weren't that far from him but neither of them understood what he meant except the fact that he touched something the night before, and he shouldn't or so he thought, which wasn't much but they just let it be.

At least for the time being. They looked around and back at him. "This town is called Storybrooke, as far as how long it is here and all, not really sure. We live here for a while but I guess the town was already here before that, before we arrived," Chey said to him and sighed. She just figured that she should tell him that. Chey knew that her not knowing the town that well would help any but she felt like she should be honest with him, as it helped more that way. She looked around and back at him. "As for how is it to live here, it is ok but could definitely be better so but it is better than living in some places at least. But it feels more or less like home, if you get me," Chey said to him a few minutes later and after that she just sighed, and waited for him to speak, as she wondered what would he say. Her daughter waited for a reply too and also wondered what would it be.

At the moment, Chey of course was with her youngest but she didn't think much about it as before, because of the same reasons. One of those was that it hurt her to do that. Chey looked at her daughter and back at him. "Sorry for talking that much, didn't mean to," she said and laughed rather embarrassed by it. Chey and her daughter both by chance moved their own hair from their eyes, while they continued to watch him with a kind smile but also with a sympathy look in their eyes.

They looked at each other, as both felt horrible that he had to go through what he was going through, and if they could help him with understanding things more they would but so far they didn't know much, which was the problem or it was for them at least. As they wished that they could help him but they couldn't unfortunately, not yet but then again by the time they would be able to he would already have the answers he needs, just like them, or Chey was sure of it at least as probably was her daughter sure of that too.

[sorry it is short but the next post here would be much longer, and hope it's ok]

AZIRAPHALE
PM
^
Aziraphale
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 09:39 AM

Good Omens

Other Realms

Jessica is online

Heaven has no taste
It was somewhat worrying that Aziraphale had to figure out whether or not he’d drunk a lot of wine last night. Of course he didn’t have a hang over, naturally. Angel immunity, or the ability to magic away hangovers, took that away. But it did mean that when he did wake up somewhere he shouldn’t, for example a particularly saintly rubbish bin or, say, a totally different neighbourhood very very different to that of the typical London Soho background, it was quite difficult to put together the gaps that remained.

He stood out on his porch for a moment, blinking in the sunshine and looking understandably rather confused. Although his shop was certainly the same, and the porch he was standing with that came with the house was the same too, the rest of the outside world - even the road his shop was placed on - looked very different. There were no grimy little stores here selling questionable practises. There were no dingy coffee shops, the only place where the Black Death still thrived in Britain. And there were, to his disappointment, no further second hand shops which he relied on for his regency snuffbox collection. In fact it was the furthest thing away from the street that his shop had resided at for the past several hundred years…

And people were watching him. Well, that was a tad unspecific - like there was a whole army of people watching him. Who was watching him was a woman and a girl, who he only really clicked onto once his gaze went past them, thought better and looked back to see them. He’d evidently been spotted.

"Hello there."

The angel jumped. "Er, good.." He squinted at the sky. "Afternoon." He didn’t wave back at the child, instead regarding her like a curious specimen of something that really should be back in an enclosure somewhere - before looking back to the woman. "I see. Thank you. I think." Town? He glanced around at his surroundings again, trying to work out exactly which town this was or how he came here. Apparently the same occurred to the woman, too. "I think it’s safe to say I’m not in Kansas anymore," he said dryly, at least safe in the knowledge that he was, to some respect - regardless of what happened - he at least retained some knowledge of pop culture.

Then again, his knowledge of pop culture ended around the year 1950.

He listened to what the woman had to say about the town. That the town had decided he was to be here was a bit unsettling, and he would’ve interrupted if it were polite. As it was it certainly wasn't, and it was only when she apologised for talking so much - and she and the child she was with acted in almost complete synchronicity - that he spoke. "No no," he murmured. "I'm not too concerned about living conditions." Aziraphale wasn't going to be staying so long as to find out. He looked around at the town. "I must say the town - Storybrooke - " Was that a pun? " - Will be disappointed." His tone was firm. "I'm not a fan of mysteries. I hate to break it to you, but I’m not meant to be here. I’ve got a job back home." He looked to his house. From the outside it just looked like an ordinary bookstore, but for the faded panelling over the door. But his thoughts were back home, and it wasn't just an ordinary job he was talking about. The whole reason for his existence was wherever home was right now - quite literally. It was more than just a job. It was his life, give or take.

The angel lifted his chin. "So you can tell the mayor, or whoever it is who's made this decision," he said, assuming that by 'town' the woman meant someone in charge and not the literal town, as he looked to her, "That he or she has picked the wrong person and I'd like the route back." Aware he probably wasn't being polite, he added a disgruntled, "Please."

How his house had even moved in the first place was something that Aziraphale wasn't even questioning right now. That he had moved was obvious, and honestly he'd seen far worse. But what was bad was the prospect of not getting home.

ADD.: Chey Phillips | WORDS: 417 | NOTES: It’s alright! <3

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Bach!
PM
^
Chey Phillips
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 11:18 AM

Renegade

Land Without Magic

Maria is online

44 years old / 25 posts

Chey and her daughter were only planning to spend time together as mother and daughter that day. They had no idea that they would meet someone new in town or that the person would arrive together with a building. All they thought was that it would as normal a day as any. Which clearly wasn't the case at all. As it turned out. Not even close. The town was different than any other that they knew, or at least that Chey knew. However, other than that they still had no idea much about the place. That the place got people appear with buildings was definitely something rather new to them, for the time being at least. They both knew what they saw was real, as they hadn't woken up or anything like that, even if a while passed, which meant it was all real and they knew that rather well. They were both very curious about the place. Even if Chey missed her step brother and Reno, as well as her other family whether step or biological but she still loved the place she lived in just the same. She still had no intention of going back as it was way to risky, which she knew rather well. For the time being, though, Chey tried to think of other things than that. As she continued to hang out with her daughter but what they saw in front of them over sudden, definitely confused them a great deal.

When Chey left while she was pregnant, she had no idea that not long after the birth of her daughter things would change. As she left Bay City, California and her place as well as her job, and partners and her boss Step brother, Bobby Sixkiller and Reno Raines, she thought that things would be the same as always but it clearly wasn't the case at all, as she quickly found out. Even if not right away. As her daughter grew older she ended up moving them to this town where they lived at since. Also so far they weren't in town long but they knew that they weren't even leaving, which was fine by them or so they told themselves at least. The town wasn't the kind of town Chey thought that they would end up at but that was good enough for them. As it was home, at least since they arrived it became home. It was a new home but still home. Also, they still had a lot to get used to about that place. About that town. There was no doubt there. They both one day at a time to get used to that place, as that was how it worked after all. As they both knew that rather well. Both her and her daughter wise. At the moment, they only concentrated on that moment, no more nor less.

They watched the guy for a while as soon as they saw him and the building with him. They noticed him look around and sighed to that. They looked around and back at him, as they continued to watch him. As soon as he looked at them they both smiled at him, as Chey's daughter waved to him. Chey looked at her daughter, and back at him as she smiled at that. Once she saw that. Chey thought as well as hoped that the guy was a good, as did her daughter. They both hoped and thought that he was a good guy. Both hoped that they weren't wrong, but for the time being they tried to be nice, until they saw a reason not to be. Which so far they hadn't. Despite the fact that they both tried the best they could to be as careful as possible just the same. Chey kept her daughter near her, just to be on the safe side, as her daughter stood by her just to be on the safe side as well, which was a good thing or so Chey thought, at least.

They watched him closely, as Chey spoke as they were confused by the fact that the guy jumped when she spoke to him. They both looked at the sky and then back at him. They were really confused by the fact that he jumped, as they didn't expect that reaction at all. They never actually thought that talking to someone would make the person jump. That was definitely a new one. At least it was new to them anyway. They listened as he spoke as they were confused. He seemed timid and shy, which was rare. At least as far as Chey was concerned it was rare and it seemed to Chey that he looked timid and shy. Granted, she could be wrong but it was how it looked to her. In away, strange way he reminded her of herself a bit and of Reno, the father of her daughter. Which was interesting, as their weren't that many people who were like Reno, the father of her daughter. Chey and her daughter sighed to that, as they continued to listen to him. "Good afternoon to you too," they both said to him together. Chey smiled as she heard what her daughter said to the guy. After that, Chey spoke once more. They listened to him and sighed. "Are you alright, sir?" Chey heard her daughter say as she looked between her and the guy, as truth be told she wondered the same thing. They looked around and back at him.

They listened to what he said next and shrugged. "This town is like that. Brings all kinds of people here! If it believes that the person or people are needed to be here. This town is rather mysterious, odd, confusing and perhaps somewhat scary at times! Me and my daughter were heading one place, just to a town, any town to start a new life and all, and we ended up here. Just lie that, without even knowing about it before that. So I guess that statement fits us all," Chey said as her daughter looked between the guy and her. Chey looked between her daughter and the guy. She then looked down and back at him. "People show up here just like it a lot, not sure why or such but still they do. Also, whoever created that town or such, didn't plan to get others here, even if it clearly backfired on them, whomever they are," Chey said to him a few minutes later.

She looked at her daughter for a bit, who looked at her and then they both looked to the guy once more, as they continued to look at him once more. Chey understood the guy, in away as did her daughter as they ended up in a town they didn't plan to arrive at, as they had no idea it existed until they got there. It was still strange to them that it happened, even if they both knew that it did but it was very weird situation, to say the least.

Chey spoke again as she watched him and sighed. She had no doubt that it sounded unsettling and such, or at least she believed that it did but unfortunately it was the truth, at least as far as she knew it was but it was also the truth. Which Chey truly believed that he had to know about that. She refused to lie because that would be wrong and she knew it. Chey if it was the other way around would have rather known the truth than be lied to. They watched him as she spoke again and then they listened to him as he spoke again. "Well, there is a small problem with your plan, I am afraid. There is no way out of here, like literally no way! Good luck but don't count on it!It isn't the kind of town you would expect it to be. You might try to find away out but it is hard to do, as this town would drag you back just as fast, if you actually manage to get out, but that is only if you do," Chey said to him. "Well, good luck but seriously don't hold your breath on that," she said to him. "Not many are fans of mysterious but this town is not the kind of town you see everyday. It's not even a normal town!If you weren't meant to be here then you wouldn't be here but you are here because you are meant to be. I am not your enemy but this town has a mind of it's own, which me and my daughter are still trying to get used to it!It is not a normal town, I guess you can call it a magical town or something like that. Most people do and yet this town doesn't seem to care, don't ask me how it works as I really don't know," Chey said to him and shrugged. Not her nor her daughter understood the town at all.

"You can hate it all you want but the town is the way that I told you. Not the best news, believe me I know but it is the truth! Believe me if you do get home I will be happy for you but don't count on it because this town does what it wants,
which is odd I know, believe me but it is the way it is, there is nothing any one can do to about it, unfortunately,"
she said to him a few minutes later as she looked at the building that arrived there with him and then she looked back at him.

Chey looked around and back at him, and sighed as she listened to him and sighed. "No, you don't get it. I mean the town as in this town not the person in charge is behind your arrival, our arrival! As in you, me, my daughter and others that are here. Whomever created this town has over did it but this town, as crazy as it sounds is kinda alive, in away but not just because of the people here but literally, it just doesn't talk or move, not that I noticed but it does other things as some of the town people were confused by my arrival and if I got it right the Mayor of this town doesn't want strangers in here, so she at least by what I understood it's a she, had nothing to do with our arrival but it's the town that does," she said to him. Chey knew how crazy it sounded but as far as she knew it was the truth which was why she told him that. "I would like to help you, I really would but I can't. The Mayor doesn't seem to have anything to do with it, honestly," she explained to him.

"If I could do something to help you get home I would, but I can't. I have no idea how, and since I am not originally from here and got nothing to do with the town, except live here, I can't really help you! I think I saw the Mayor once or twice but I have never talked to the Mayor. I don't even know where the Mayor lives even, in fact,"

PM
^
Aziraphale
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 04:44 PM

Good Omens

Other Realms

Jessica is online

Heaven has no taste
"Are you alright, sir?" "I can't say I am," the angel replied with increasing irritation, only to cool it down somewhat as he remembered who he was speaking to. She's trying to be nice. Unlike him. "I mean," he hedged. "That's nice for you and your daughter, if you're trying to find a new life and you come across this one." He looked between the woman and the small child again. "That's a lovely twist of fate. But it's rather different for me. I'm needed back home. So, if you'll excuse me..." Home - where he, as the only heavenly agent on earth, was meant to be. That thought alone settled it, and he looked around at the town he'd found himself in with a set jaw. "...I've seen enough, thank you." Arriving wasn't the problem. It was exiting that was.

And he was all prepared to do so when the woman sighed. He looked to her. He wasn't angry at her - if anything grateful that she was willing to educate him about where he landed. "There is no way out of here, like literally no way!" "I'm sure you think that," he said very reasonably, and went as though to speak on but she was already one step ahead of him. In fact she seemed very impassioned in wanting to tell him he couldn't go anywhere. Was she speaking from experience? He couldn't exactly butt in even if he wanted to, even if it was in any way remotely polite. "If you weren't meant to be here then you wouldn't be here but you are here because you are meant to be." Aziraphale frowned, mouthing the words as if trying to work that sentence out. "...Right." He felt like he'd stepped inside a Lewis Carroll book. Fortunately nothing gyred and gimbled in the wabe, but that didn't stop him from feeling confused.

He didn't blame the woman, though. She seemed to think he would. "I know it's not your fault," he assured her. "It must be magic, if it works that way. It's unlike any other I've seen before, but we'll see." We'll see, because he was determined to do something with it.

And then the town itself. Well, he'd been beginning to think that it was the town - and honestly he'd seen worse. The angel put his hands up in a peacemaking gesture. "Alright, I believe you. I do. Honestly." Really honestly, given it was against almost every atom of him to lie. "it just doesn't talk or move, not that I noticed - " "Reassuring!" "but it does other things..." Surely talking or moving was just the start of what a town shouldn't do, alive or not, but she still went on. He crossed his arms. "The mayor? She isn't a part of this?" The woman seemed not to think so. If he had a beard he would've stroked it. Alright, he had serious respect for the mayor all of a sudden. A town that just picked people up from nowhere? It was bad enough on his count having customers in his shop, let alone having people in your town just show up and be expected to have to look after them.

But right now he'd had enough discussion. "I can't wait for the mayor. And with all due respect," he said, very patiently, "While I thank you for your explanation, madame, why you're stuck is because you're not me." The arrogance flew over his head with a faint whistling sound, if you listened very carefully. "It's time for me to go home. Now, let me see..." He looked back to his house. He experimentally extended his hand in a gesture, trying to test out his magic. A sort of shimmery silver light appeared just in the hollow of his hand. But as he tried to push it outwards, to do anything with it, all it did was rebound into his hand. He frowned. "Come on," he muttered. "This is easy." But no matter what he did his magic did...nothing. It didn't seem to want to respond.

ADD.: Chey Phillips | WORDS: 677 | NOTES:

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Bach!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine