New Poll

The Old Still Young, Tag: Merlin
Freya
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 05:16 PM

N/A

Fantasyland

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

She’d been there since the castle appeared. It seemed that she took her first breaths just as the last bricks were put in place and the dust settled. Days passed, no more than 3 or 4. Time was meaningless in this dark, dank space. No windows allowed moonlight or sunlight to stream in. There was a door, but no one tried to enter. It seemed she was in the middle of the castle and forgotten. Or perhaps anyone who might be living here was afraid to come to her quarters. She wouldn’t blame them. She would to. Every night she transformed into a gigantic cat prepared to fight anything that came her way. Every morning she turned back again. It seemed death and rebirth did not destroy her curse.

Freya was starting to get hungry and thirsty, but she was afraid to leave the room. What was out there? She didn’t know. What if she turned and attacked someone? She didn’t want to think about it. Maybe this was her fate. Perhaps she would live here for all of eternally. Perhaps she wasn’t really alive. Maybe this was her purgatory. Maybe she was here for her sins and at some point she would move on. Something in her thought that seemed wrong. She was warm. Her heart beat. Her lungs breathed. She was alive and she was stuck. At least that was her hope.

The silence was maddening. The silence was deafening. To fill the hours and the quiet, she sang. She sang every song her parents and the druids taught her. She sang them in her native language and in English.

“My dashing darling is my hero
My dashing darling is my Caesar
I have had neither sleep nor good fortune
Since my dashing darling went far away

I am perpetually worried every day
Wailing heavily and shedding tears
Since my lively boy was released from me
And there is no word of him, alas”

She forgot the next lines. So she stopped to think as she sat curled into a tight ball in the corner of the room. The lyrics reminded her of Merlin. Oh how she missed him. She missed his warm smile and hopeful eyes. She missed how he made her feel and how he treated her.

There were sounds outside the door. Head darting up, she stared. Lips parted, Freya’s breath came out in quick huffs. Heart pounding, Freya gripped her knee. What if the person opened the door? What if the person was bad? What if she got hurt or what if she hurt that someone in return? She wasn’t sure if it was time for her transformation. She was afraid and so she cowered.

Merlin Emrys
PM
^
Merlin Emrys
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 11:44 AM

BBC Merlin

Fantasyland

Avril is online

+1000 years old / 56 posts

Being in that town was more pleasant than he might have thought at first. Of course, it's not like he originally knew he was going to end up trapped in a city you couldn't seem to get out of, with a Horned King just around the corner, kidnapping people randomly from different universes and different parts of the world. He wanted to stop him, of course, although he wasn't sure how to do it. He didn't know who or what exactly the Horned King was, so he couldn't have a clear idea of how to even stop his feet, which in case you hadn't noticed, frustrated him enough. Merlin just wanted to... protect Storybrooke, just as he had long ago protected Camelot. Of course in Camelot he had received help coming from Gaius and Kilgharrah, but minor details of little importance. Now, however, it is not that he had much help to turn to, and from what he could understand, whoever the Horned King was , he was not one of the magical creatures that he had found himself with more than once in Camelot. All those had become extinct, like dragons, like magicians... everything had been lost, nothing had prevailed, and it hurt. He was a Dragonlord where dragons no longer existed, and he was a sorcerer in a land where people had stopped believing in magic. It was sad.

But it wasn't all bad or sad. After all, he had managed to get Arthur and Gwen back, which was enough for the boy after losing both of them. At first, looking at Gwen had hurt him, for he was aware of what he had done when they were still in Camelot. He had abandoned her, he had left, he had left the castle when she had surely needed him most, he had left without even thinking about her feelings. Oh, he had been so selfish. He could not have stayed, he knew he could not have endured the pain that would have invaded him every time he walked the halls, every time he went to clean the quarters that had once been occupied by a happy couple, not by a widow he had left behind. He repented, regretted his decisions, regretted not even having warned her, told her the reason why he would surely not return to Camelot. He hadn't said anything to her, not a single word... and yet, Gwen didn't seem angry or annoyed, just happy to see him again, and being honest, that was enough for the boy, because her smile, the one he had sometimes even forgotten, could make him forget all the sorrows he had been carrying on his shoulders for all that time, now... everything felt easier, more normal.

Even walking through a castle that had appeared from nowhere seemed normal to him. For the third time. He had entered the wolf’s mouth three times, and maybe he was risking himself too much, but what could he say, life could not be lived to the fullest without risk. The boy was opening every door he found, to see if there were any prisoners or people who had gotten lost inside, but certainly what his blue eyes found when he opened a certain door... he would have never expected it. When he opened one of the doors located at the end of the corridor, he was able to see a pale girl, with black hair like the night, in a fetal position, as if she wanted to become a ball and disappear in a blink, the curious thing is that she looked familiar... because he recognised her. "Freya?" He could not help but ask, for he was not sure whether it would be some strange illusion created by the Horned King, something that could not be real, because it could not. But he had heard that there were people coming back from the death, so it could be possible... but she, she... it couldn't be true, it was too good to be true, he was recovering many people who he had loved so as not to fear that something terrible would take them away again. But at the time he was just concentrating on her, checking to see if she was the girl he wad watched die in his arms.

Freya <3

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the awesome, astonishing... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Freya
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 08:34 PM

N/A

Fantasyland

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

Freya stared into the darkness. Her thin frame shivered from cold and fear. Her mind was a flurry of activity, though. Questions upon questions built. Where was this place? What Kingdom was this? Had death taken her to a different realm of the underworld? Was this a place of sin? It surely was not a place of relief and solace. It was too dank. It was too grungy. Was this home for the next millennia? That seemed likely, but dreadful. Perhaps there was a better option. Perhaps life claimed her soul instead. Perhaps life replaced death. She felt alive for the first time in a very long time. Death was not cold or hot or fearful or hopeful or painful nor did it cause pulses to thrum and send poofs of cold breath clouds with every exhale or inhale. There was no passage of time, not even moments of hunger pangs or dry mouth. She just was. She just existed. At least not in her encounter with death did not go that way. Others may very well have found a different experience. It was not an experience that Freya wanted to experience for a very, very long time. She knew, of course, that death was inevitable, but it ought to come in old age after having had a family and grandchildren and a full, fruitful life. With this second chance, she hoped to make the best of this world (after escaping this dungeon).

When fear washed over her she slept. When she could not sleep she tried to think of positive things. There was nothing positive about this moment except that she was alive once more. But she thought of strawberries. She thought of bright blue eyes that crinkled with mirthful smiles that came often and lit up the room. She thought of mountains and wild flowers and the pines that whispered and whistled with the winds. She thought of skipping stones on a smooth lake and dancing barefoot on a mossy knoll. She thought of bits of flame floating overhead. She thought of soft kisses. She thought of her happiest memories. They kept her calm and happy. They brought hope. They brought back the will to continue living, although that rarely faltered. Would there be other happy memories to add to the reservoir? There must be. There must be good and happy times ahead. Freya was certain that there would be. In her heart and in her bones she was certain of it. Freya wouldn’t have it any other way. She was an eternal optimist that way. Even before meeting Merlin she was a hopeful person. When Merlin met her, she had been fearful, but she had never lacked hope. Merlin was the only other person she had ever met who had as much hope in heart as herself. That had been utterly refreshing.

Right then, balled into a fetal position, she thought of Merlin. How had the rest of his life gone? Had he been happy? Had he found support and love and friendship? Had he gotten everything he deserved and more? She hoped that. She hoped that so much. I must be hearing things or maybe this castle is tricking me. Merlin can’t be here, can he? she wondered when his voice broke the silence. She uncurled herself from the protective ball she’d furled into. The ball had been to protect herself from whoever ran this castle. She feared what they would do. But they did not know her name. She knew it was safe. Standing, Freya went to the door. “Merlin? Is that really you or am I dreaming?” she asked. Her breath came quiet and soft. Reaching out, the woman pulled Merlin to her. Wrapping her arms around him, Freya hugged him as tightly as possible and showered his cheeks with kisses. “Oh Merlin. You’re alive. I am alive. I never thought I would see you again. How are you here? I don’t understand. I don’t care though. But I do care that you are alive. You are alive, right? Please tell me you are and do not lie. I could not take it.” Tears of joy streamed down her smiling face, but she paid them no heed. Merlin being here was all that mattered. The tears would soon dry, even if it might make her face a bit itchy for a little while, and no one would be any wiser. She couldn’t believe how glorious this new life was turning.

Merlin Emrys
PM
^
Merlin Emrys
 Posted: May 25 2018, 08:18 AM

BBC Merlin

Fantasyland

Avril is online

+1000 years old / 56 posts

Frankly, Merlin was not sure what he was doing there, crawling through the dark halls of a magical castle that had appeared out of nowhere. He didn't know if he was expecting to find anything, even when he had found nothing the first few times he had visited the castle. Perhaps he did not expect to find anything, perhaps the castle was just an excuse to do something. In truth, it was a good distraction, and distractions were what he needed now that he didn't have much to do. It was strange for him, having so much free time in his hands, being able to do everything he could not do in Camelot when he was too busy to even take a break. The problem was that he didn't really have much to do, all he had wanted to do when he was doing all that Gaius and Arthur so kindly asked him to do was to rest, have a day to breathe and close his eyes, but now... the days off seemed to him abundant, and he didn't know what to do with them.

But... he had been alive for a long time. He had seen civilizations evolve and progress, battles being fought and lost, he had seen too much for one life. And... even though at times he felt empty, without anything to do, without purpose, without any kind of motivation, without any hope for a better future... he had always continued to struggle, he had always moved on with his life. Merlin had helped several people, the underdogs whom no one seemed to want to help. He had given them food and shelter, and in some situations he had even healed the sick, although he still could not boast of his healing abilities, for they were not yet the best. Merlin had improved, everything had to be said, but the road was long if he wanted to perfect them. And he wanted, believe me, he would love to be able to heal people without fear of harming them in return, but... let's just say that the art of healing was more difficult than he had originally expected.

Back to the main point, Freya. The woman who had seen him die in his arms, the woman who had not stopped appearing in his thoughts, the woman with whom he had not been able to stop thinking. She was there, she was alive, and he could confirm that it wasn't a hallucination, he'd know if it was. But she was alive, and she was there, and he was standing by the door like a fool. Hearing her voice, feeling drawn to her, feeling her grip, the warmth he hadn't felt in years... it was too much, it seemed like a miracle. And the wizard wasn't sure how to react, he didn't even know what he could say, exactly. Merlin was... confused, and happy, and surprised and so euphoric. "I'm alive, and you-you too" formulating coherent phrases was a rather difficult job, when he was not yet able to accept this new reality, the one in which Freya was involved. "How are you here? I thought that--" that when you died you'd stay that way. It might sound morbid, but the dead did not rise from their graves every day.

Freya <3

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the awesome, astonishing... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Freya
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 08:05 PM

N/A

Fantasyland

Kay is online

N/A years old / 15 posts

She could scarcely believe her eyes. How could Merlin be here? She hardly could believe her hands. How could she be holding him? She hardly could believe her lips. How was it possible she could shower him with kisses? This felt like a dream. She had dreamed and dreamed and dreamed of this moment. However, Freya never imagined being in his presence again. She never imagined that she would be reunited with him and in his embrace. “It’s a miracle,” she whispered. Freya did not know how else to explain this situation. “You’re here. I’m here. We can be together. Finally, we can be together, Merlin. I don’t know how I am here. I don’t know how I have gotten this second chance, but I have. I do not want to waste a moment of it. Fate or destiny has brought us into each other’s presence. It seems we are meant to be together, Merlin. Doesn’t it?” She hoped that was the case. She loved Merlin the day they met. She died loving him, then. She lived loving him, now. She couldn’t imagine never loving him.

She reached out for his hand. Taking it, Freya gave a squeeze. It was real. He was real. He was really here with her. This was remarkable. Freya had been certain, but of course it all seemed so fantastical. It was all so hard to believe. Assurance and verification was needed. This may be one of her happiest days of Freya’s life. For once it seemed things were positive. Perhaps finally a family and perhaps finally romance. Of course, it depended on Merlin. Did he want that? “We can be together, right? Do you want to be together?” Freya whispered, hoping he understood she meant in a romantic sense. She decided she ought to clarify. “We can be together, romantically? I…I would understand. It’s been a long time. I don’t know how long, but it has been. You probably moved on. I bet there were many who fancied you in the past.” Who wouldn’t? He was kind. He was caring. He was sweet. He had the loveliest blue eyes. He had an infectious smile. Merlin was a dream.

She pressed her lips together while clinging to his hand. She waited for him to speak – to say something, anything. Blinking away tears, the woman nodded. “I am. I am very much alive,” she whispered, moving closer to Merlin. “I don’t know how I am here. I remember being in your arms and staring up into your beautiful, beautiful blue eyes and just passing away into another time or place. Then after a time I found myself here. I don’t think I’ve been here long. Maybe a week at most. I’m not sure. I tried to keep track, but I couldn’t. I thought I would be in this place… this castle for the rest of this life. But you saved me, again. Merlin, you saved me. Thank you. But how are you here?” Freya pulled in closer. She let go of his hand and then wrapped both arms around him. Holding the warlock tight to her chest, she breathed in his familiar smell and smiled through her joyous tears. “I missed you. I missed you so very much.” While she had no thoughts in the afterlife or wherever she had ended up, she knew in her heart she had missed him there, too.

Merlin Emrys
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine