dance to the song of the sea [past], tag: Nerissa <3
Arista
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 01:54 PM

The Little Mermaid

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

22 years old / 74 posts

not all stars belong to the sky

Neverland was a curious realm. She had visited millions of kingdoms trying to find her sisters, and each of them had their own oddities, those curiosities that made them unique and precious places, just as that kingdom had. It was just an island, an island surrounded by tides that apparently seemed to be most of the day strong, something that made the sea look incredibly threatening. The island was quite pretty, if you saw it from a considerable distance. It was huge and full of trees, and it was inhabited by children. She had met some of them, though she hardly ever saw them again. Although, she didn't understand what could such young children be doing on an island.

It was none of her business either, but she found it rather curious, although the mermaids around the island seemed to be more curious. It had only taken her a few days to figure out that they were not exactly like the ones she had met and lived with back in Atlantica, they were different. They acted differently and had different views and opinions about humans. Of course, Arista's family did not accept humans, because Triton dictated that they were dangerous and should be exterminated, but they did not usually drown men either... she did not understand why anyone would want to do such a thing. Perhaps men were dishonest and deserved punishment, but she doubted that drowning them was the solution.

Even so, Arista had not ruled out the possibility of at least trying to make a few friends among them all. She was sure that at least making friends with one of the mermaids might be possible. She was nice, for what she knew, and they were all mermaids, which already served to have some things in common, she just needed others to see it the same way she saw it. The princess breathed a sigh, watching as everyone else gathered near some rocks, gossiping about anything. The only good thing was that Viv was there, and she was a familiar face, since they had met back in the Enchanted Forest. The problem was that she also didn't know if she should get close either, as Viv spent a lot of time with another redhead mermaid.

And don't get her wrong, she was always on the side of making new friends, the problem was that she didn't want to interrupt them while they were talking, but she wanted to talk to the redhead, meet her and try to get along with her, something she would do if the world sided with her. So Arista waited until the redhead wasn't talking to anyone, and swam towards her, hoping that the confidence that had invaded her wouldn't leave her so soon. When she was close enough, she smiled softly at the redheaded woman, accommodating one of her wet locks behind her ear. "Hi! I'm Arista, princess of Atlantica, nice to meet you" That was an acceptable way to introduce yourself, wasn't it? "I love your hair, by the way, it reminds me... of someone" Ariel... even though Ariel's hair was more red, and less orange.

Nerissa tell me if i need to change something ♥

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the astonishing, awesome... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Nerissa
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 07:30 PM

Peter Pan

Neverland

Luna is online

100s years old / 21 posts

oceans daughter
beauty in the water, angel on the beach
Nerissa loved to watch the waves. The way they drew in and out, crashing against each other and anything that thought it could conquer them was always relaxing. The rocks that jutted out closer to shores was always rather nice. It always gave for a good seat with a nice view. Not every day had to be full of a want for adventure or trickery. Sometimes, when the sun was just right and she found a place where the trees didn't cast their shadows down, it was just nice to be able to bathe in it. The way it touched her skin, the way it spread it's warmth throughout her body, it was always a delight. She knew, without a doubt, that she'd have a good sunbathing day that day. The air was warm, though not so much that it could ever be deemed uncomfortable. Then again, could the weather ever be deemed as such? Viviane was off doing her own thing and some of her sisters were scattered about the island having their own bits of fun. It was all just perfect.

As she found her spot, she hadn't been expecting to find one of her sisters there. That didn't stop her from moving up to sit on the rock with a smile. The other seemed to be full of things she wanted to talk about. Tales of the fun she'd had without Nerissa and questions of what Nerissa herself had been up to. There were the questions about the lost boys as well. If any of them had attempted to come close to the shore again and, well, Nerissa wasn't one to spare any details. With excitement she seemed to respond. They so happily traded their own stories back and forth, they hardly noticed that there was someone else close by. However, when she did catch notice of her, she hushed her 'sister'. "Hey, why don't you go back to the cove. It's your turn to get us something to eat anyway." She offered a bright smile. Her sister nodded in response and, after a small hug, she was off.

Nerissa's bright eyes went to stare out over the water, curious as to if the person out there was going to join her. If not, she was all too happy to get comfy on her rock and let her skin and scales take in the warming touch of the rays. Unfortunately, it seemed that once she managed to just get a little bit comfortable, the other mermaid approached. Or maybe she'd just been waiting this whole time. Seeming a bit surprised, she sat herself up and looked to the other before offering a smile. A princess, huh? Well, no royalty truly governed Neverland. She hoped that the other mermaid didn't expect such a title to mean much. Not to mention, she seemed like a sweet thing. The kind of mermaid she met more often in the enchanted forest once or twice. Nice, sweet, probably didn't have a mean bone in their body. In other words: fun. "Atlantica? I've never heard of such a place." There was a genuine look of curiosity when she said that. It wasn't a total lie. She'd never actually heard of the place, though she was certain that it might have been said in passing by someone else before. "I'm Nerissa, of Neverland." Okay, she was being a bit snide in replying like that, but how could she not?

She looked down with a tilt of her head. Her smile widened a bit at the compliment, but she couldn't help but wonder who she was talking about. "Lost someone, I take it? You know, the lost tend to end up here."

Arista #new friends? hope this reply is okay

--------------------
user posted image
Bach is da best ♡
PM
^
Arista
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:51 AM

The Little Mermaid

Enchanted Forest

Avril is online

22 years old / 74 posts

not all stars belong to the sky

Okay, there was no turning back now, the other mermaid had answered. At least she hadn't chosen to ignore her, which already counted as a victory in her book. The mermaid, Nerissa, seemed quite nice, and Arista only hoped to be able to bond with her. She didn't look much like those mermaids that she had met back in Atlantica, there was something about Neverland's mermaids that somehow differentiated them from those that inhabited back in her home. Maybe it was their nature, the one that led them to be a little more... mischievous, or maybe it was because they had been raised in different ways, she wasn't sure. She didn't care either, the differences were what made people special, and Nerissa in her eyes was definitely someone special, someone who deserved to be known.

"Well, I assume not everyone will know about the reputation of my city. It's far from here, deep in the sea. It is reigned by King Triton, I don't know if you have heard of him" many people had heard of Triton, son of Poseidon, even some humans had heard of the myths. She would be surprised if Nerissa had never heard of her father, but would gladly explain everything she needed to know if the situation called for it. "Nice to meet you, Nerissa. Can I call you Rissa? I'll understand if you don't like to have your name shortened, or if the right to do so is only reserved for close friends" and they weren't friends, she reminded herself. Not for now, anyway. She wouldn't mind calling her Nerissa, she loved her name, but calling her Rissa would feel like they were friends and well, that was her purpose. 

At Nerissa's question, she didn't know how to answer "Well, I haven't lost anyone, technically. Two of my sisters ran away from home a few months ago, and I've been looking for them ever since. As you can see, I haven't been very lucky," she shrugged, sighing heavily. She had asked every sea creature to see if they had seen her sisters, describing them with hairs and signs, but she had achieved nothing, not a clue. Ari had visited Neverland in the hope of finding them, but like all her other journeys, it seemed to have been in vain. At least she was traveling through different parts of the world, and she had to say that she loved it. Traveling was one of her favorite things, after singing.

"Still, I like your island. Is nice, although it can get a little creepy when night falls" night made everything around seem creepy, it was inevitable. "What about you? Were you born here? or did you find this island and decided to stay?" going on with the conversation was something she had to do now, her social skills weren't that bad, after all.

Nerissa it was perf!! ♥

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the astonishing, awesome... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine