Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 12:41 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

codswallop,
in my opinion
Contrary to the rhyme, the old man definitely wasn't snoring.

Old men everywhere snored, but this particular one wasn't. Hagrid approved of naps, but not in the middle of the day and, indeed, in the middle of town. That would draw a few eyebrows even in Storybrooke. And who decided to go for a nap in the middle of a rainstorm?

He was hurrying along. The rain was slanting sideways, darting across his vision. Or what he could see, anyway. The half giant lifted an arm to wipe the water out of his eyes, squinting through the screen of cascading silver to the dim forms of buildings beyond - identifiable in broad daylight, maybe, but reduced to shadows of their former selves amid the deluge. He was bent down, almost hunchbacked as he ran, as if he could make himself small and the rain wouldn't notice he was there. Fat chance of that. The wind was as freezing as the rain was deafening, whipping around him and nipping at his clothes. They clung to him, heavy with bogged down water and sloshing with every long stride. The leaves were slickly slippery but with each hit of a big boot into the puddles water splashed up over him, flecking his beaverskin coat with tiny beads of water.

Well, he thought to himself, the rain's the same as back home. That's one thing.

The flight through the deluge wasn't helped by what he was holding above his head. The umbrella wasn't really Hagrid-sized at all, or enchanted to keep the rain off. It was straggly, small - and was also bright pink. It was a speck of bubblegum amid a grey screen, bobbing to and fro as the keeper of keys lurched through the storm, and almost blown out of his hand. He yanked it back, tugging it into shape before jogging onwards. Fang wasn't helping. Whining in long, sad strains the boarhound was trotting after him, almost getting underfoot. "Outta the way, Fang!" Hagrid could barely hear himself. This wasn't a patter of rain - this was a drumbeat, incessant and rapping against the pavement. He risked a glance upwards, looking at the brooding clouds overhead.

But that was when he spotted it. There was a store, a little further up - bright lettering showing up in the gloom like a lighthouse. Putting on a burst of speed Hagrid barged through the door into a brightly lit space with aisles and shelves and dryness. He shut the door behind him, taking a sigh of relief. Water plopped down onto the floor, running off his clothes in rivulets. "Phew." Fang shook, sending but more in his direction, but he was looking outside. Water droplets raced each other down the window, condensation from the heating in here clouding up the glass - but the keeper of keys could still see the wave of trees blown by the wind. It was only getting worse. "Got 'ere just in time," he muttered to himself, wiping the back of his hand across his forehead and leaving a streak of water there.

That wasn't the only thing getting worse, though. A weird noise like the spark of electricity came to his attention and he looked down. His umbrella was shaking, a sort of metal smell coming from it. "Oh no," he muttered to himself under his breath. He tried to knock the umbrella against the ground, like knocking a TV remote to try to get it to work. If anything the opposite was what he wanted now. "Come on," he urged it. "Don't do this to me now..."

But it was. It was sparking away to itself like a small pack of fireworks, little specks of bright light erupting from it's tip. In fact waving it around seemed to make it worse. It only cracked louder and louder, one spark red, another a vivid blue. Fang got one on his nose and sneezed. Hagrid waved it around, until looked around a little helplessly. Water always upset this thing. God knew why. Probably just the indecency of being snapped and shoved up an umbrella, but that was no excuse to be so stroppy. "Stop it," he muttered to it, like it was a disobedient dog. "Bloody thing. Stop it, or I'll - I'll do something," he threatened, knowing absolutely nothing about what he that something was. "Shh." But the umbrella was still firing colours, and with one blast of what looked like a miniature rainbow some pill boxes came off the shelves.

ADD: Open! | WORDS: 754 | NOTES: OPEN TO ALL!
PM
^
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 01:24 PM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 40 posts

Why was she at a pharmacy, that was something that surely the small rodent could not respond. She had decided to investigate every store that existed in that city, and so, she had not yet entered the shop which she found herself at that time. And believe me, she was glad of having decided to go to said pharmacy even when she didn't need anything because outside it was raining pretty hard. Although Gwen was a big fan of rain, if she had to be completely sincere. She loved to watch as raindrops slid through the windows, she liked to listen how they clashed on the ground. I don't know, the sound had always managed to reassure her.

Although it is not that she had had many opportunities to be sheltered from the rain when for example in Wonderland it began to rain. Oh, normally with the only thing that she could protect herself back there was for example with huge leaves that could be thrown on the ground, or if she was lucky perhaps she could get into some trees, it depended. But now she would no longer have to worry about this, because she was now the size of others - and somehow that made her feel oddly important.

It was not something that could be explained, because you see, being a Dormouse and not as big as other people never had molested her, but now... I don't know, being like others in one way or another, managed to make her feel different, it made her feel accepted, in a way. Although everything she was thinking was interrupted when someone entered where she was. I mean, Gwen was in the back of the store, simply exploring it, but someone had entered, probably to protect themselves from such drizzle.

Mousey decided to move to go and discover who was the new person who had entered, but just when she went to open her mouth and introduce herself, she realized that the man who had entered had an umbrella, but an umbrella that... seemed to be firing colors in all different ways. Oh, and there was a dog! She liked dogs! more than cats, that for sure. Mousey decided to be quiet, a few seconds watching as the man was trying to turn off his umbrella. Ha, it was amusing, really. "It seems like your umbrella is pooping rainbows".

--------------------
user posted image
Sig made by the lovely, astonishing... running out of adjectives, uhm, Bach <3
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 01:16 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

codswallop,
in my opinion
Wait, was he being watched? The half giant looked up to find someone looking at him. He froze. "I can explain," he just about managed. No, no he couldn't. The umbrella suddenly made another blue-sparked lunge and he was off again, trying to rein it back like it was a wild animal. "Look out!" A bolt of white magic burst from the umbrella's tip, narrowly missing the woman and instead going for a nearby sign before exploding into tiny rainbow fireworks.

Hagrid was now holding onto his umbrella with all his strength. It was tugging itself out of his hands, wriggling like a living thing and shooting sparks all over the floor. They didn't just sit there, though - the little darts of colour bounced off towards the walls, and then to the door, and then inevitably to more of the things on the shelves. Bottles and boxes of things flew from their places but he couldn't put them back - as soon as he aimed to put one bottle back his umbrella went and displaced others down the aisle, sending little cartons of things flying in various directions. A bottle of NyQuil had the most exciting night of its life as it was chucked to the next aisle over.

"Enough," the keeper of keys managed, "Is enough." Hagrid brought the umbrella right up to his face. "Wha's gotta inter yeh?!" he demanded in a deep bellow, squinting at it. The umbrella didn't seem in a very conversational mood. It only sparked up an extra dose of fireworks in his face, making him splutter. He went to frantically pat his beard, patting over and over to make sure no sparks caught. But even as he did this the umbrella took its chance, pouncing to the floor and rolling around. It aimed sparks randomly - red then orange then blue then green.

Even Fang, at this point, was cowering. He whined pitifully, moving towards the nice lady who, in Fang's mind, seemed safer. Hagrid, still dripping wet - he hadn't even managed to take his coat off yet - went to go after the umbrella before looking to the woman. He smiled hopefully, his umbrella bouncing around behind him. This isn't what it looks like, his smile said. Totally in control. Unfortunately it was exactly what it looked like. "Yeh wouldn' happen ter know magic? Maybe?"

ADD: Gwendolyn Bashmath | WORDS: 365 | NOTES: AND A WILD AVRIL APPEARS!<3
PM
^
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 04:46 PM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 40 posts

"You don't have to explain a thing to me, whatever you and your umbrella to do in your free time is your problem" said the young woman, shrugging blithely. After all, the light issue of an umbrella being literally spitting colors in all possible directions didn't worry her at all, it looked like something peculiar, all had to be said. The woman simply laughed when the next launch of the umbrella almost hit her, but it failed!. "ha, you missed!" she acted as if that was child's play, although come on, it was an umbrella with fireworks! what kind of child wouldn't enjoy that?.

Gwen smiled during the show, observing how bottles fell, observing how the man seemed to want to keep his rebel umbrella under control. It looked like magic, what said umbrella possessed. Perhaps it had been the victim of some magical spell? Perhaps a joke? Oh, if she had a magic she would prank so many people... some of the jokes she was thinking about may cross the line, but it was not something that worried her.

"You should learn to control your little girl here. It seems that it does not want to obey Daddy" she said, laughing slightly while the stranger argued with his umbrella, as if he were waiting for it to answer him. But let's recap, the umbrella was at that same time spitting colors, so it being also able to speak would not surprise her. She would like to hear an umbrella talk, if she had to be sincere...

Gwen smiled towards the dog when it slowly approached her, sighing. She and dogs had a decent relationship, because at least they didn't use to eat her like cats did. Seriously, cats should forget about that strange diet which included only mice. To hear the question of the stranger, Mouse shook her head. "Nope, no magic around me. Although perhaps you should calm your umbrella as everybody would. With caresses! It could work, uh?".

tag: Rubeus Hagrid | notes: come on, it was inevitable <333.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 03:21 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

codswallop,
in my opinion
Hagrid would've responded somewhat snippily to the woman's comment, if he had been able to. As it was the umbrella was still snapping into sparks and it was taking up all of his attention just stopping it from having the roof fall around their ears. Whenever he went to follow it to stop it in its tracks, it just leapt forward like some kind of wild animal making a bid for freedom. For a moment it went still. He scrambled to get it. "This - isn't - my - idea - of - free - " But then it hopped away, almost delighting in stringing him along. Hagrid's hand closed around empty air and his face contorted in anger. "Time!"

Really, did she think he was doing that for fun? They had some very funny ideas in this town, the half giant thought to himself in less than sympathetic tones as he watched the umbrella hop gleefully away. They all were too familiar with magic for muggles. Magic, in broad daylight - and no one said a word! Was this normal? It couldn't be, he thought. But they didn't seem to bat an eyelid - any of them! At least his other worries about muggles seeing magic were unfounded, because he couldn't subdue his umbrella no matter how he tried. For something that wasn't meant to have any sort of sentience it was doing an awfully good job of seeming alive. Some sort of spell - but what? Something he must've set off accidentally. Mind, his wand was very sensitive to that kind of thing. He could barely think of sparks before -

Okay, Hagrid thought as he watched the umbrella erupt with more little darts of colour. Maybe stop thinking about sparks.

Fortunately he had more to deal with - this woman, for one. The fact that he was being watched was, quite frankly, embarrassing. But she was having fun too! "Jus' stay outta the way!" he called over to her, as she apparently dodged the next jet of colour. For all of her saying what he was getting up to in his free time she seemed to think this was all some marvellous joke. His face became crisscrossed with the jagged lines of a frown - especially when she started going on about children. His face must've been a picture. Kids? "Lil girl? Where?" He looked around with horror, as if little girls suddenly appeared and pounced on unsuspecting adults. Fortunately there didn't appear to be any - until he looked down at the umbrella. Oh. That was what she meant.

The umbrella was still on the floor and he made a move to grab it when the woman spoke again. What was she saying now? "With wha'?" Hagrid looked at the woman with confusion. He was so puzzled the umbrella slinked away from him without him even noticing, sneaking across the floor as if to target the Q-Tips on the lowermost shelf. "With hugs? Is that what yeh mean?" He chuckled in grim amusement. Blimey. Like that was going to work. Skeptically the keeper of keys lifted his hands and put his fingers into quotation marks. "Like 'Come on yeh big softie' - oh!"

He cut himself off, as, immediately after he said these words, the umbrella leapt back into his hands like a faithful pet. With a final eruption of red sparks it settled in his arms.

All of the sudden chaos upon entering the store suddenly fell flat as soon as the umbrella stopped. The silence rang in his ears. He stared down at it with a kind of dumb realisation. Wait. Hugging it had worked after all! He cleared his throat, red creeping across his throat. "Well. Um, wasn' expectin' that." What kind of magic - actually, he wasn't going to ask. No one had to tell him his magic was as unstable as it got. "That - that worked. Blimey." He looked over to the woman, something like actual respect across his face. Now that she'd managed to fix this problem he looked to her like she was some sort of magician. For all he knew she was. "Never mind what yeh said abou' magic. Yeh some sorta wand whisperer or somethin'?"

ADD: Gwendolyn Bashmath | WORDS: 709 | NOTES: OPEN TO ALL!
PM
^
Gwendolyn Bashmath
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 02:21 PM

Alice in Wonderland

Wonderland

Avril is online

21 years old / 40 posts

Gwen simply shrugged, an amused grin appearing on her lips. "Well, everyone has different ways of spending their free time. For example, the Queen of Hearts had this weird obsession with cutting heads off, and I'm 101% sure that she spent all her free time decapitating her dolls, if she had any dolls..." she said, as if it were a normal and ordinary conversation, and as if the man who was fighting with his umbrella wasn't actually battling with his umbrella. Gwen had seen millions of strange and unexplained things, after all, she came from Wonderland, so seeing an uncontrolled and rebel umbrella did not seem to surprise her.

Now, seeing how the umbrella expelled small darts of colors made her smile, for some strange and unknown reason. It just looked so cheerful, those bright colours, and Gwen, although it didn't look like it, loved joy, although she herself did not feel happy half of the time. That did not change anything. But colours made people happy, and it made everything look more alive... and Wonderland for example had always had incredibly colourful landscapes. And while her old house was a prison for others, to Hatter for instance, it was home for her and she relatively missed it.

"I'm staying out of the way! I'm right here, just watching the show, and enjoying" she wasn't bothering, was she? She did not possess the gift of magic, nor no other gift, so she couldn't exactly help the man to domesticate his rebel umbrella, the only thing that she could do was enjoy and keep quiet. Yes, probably the 'keep quiet' thing would not work as planned.

And ta - da! He did it, he managed to calm his umbrella down, thanks to her advice. Mouse smiled proud, shaking her head slowly, as if she could not believe that truly such stupid advice could have worked. Sheer luck. "You're welcome, Mr. Whiskers" she bowed a little, before arching an eyebrow at his words. "Wand whisperer? Perhaps, perhaps not. This is the first time I hear of magic wands, let me tell you. But maybe I have a bit of magic in me, uh?" Mouse smiled pleased with herself. "My name's Gwendolyn Bashmath, or Dormouse, whatever floats your boat, but you can call me your saviour".

notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 01:54 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

[
codswallop,
in my opinion
Okay, maybe his umbrella was a big softie, for all that. Hagrid looked down to the umbrella in his arms with disbelief, not quite sure whether to let go in case the little scoundrel was going to leap away from him again. But as it happened it seemed perfectly fine in his arms. He squinted at it suspiciously. "Hmm," he muttered under his breath - in case it decided to pull a fast one on him again. Maybe it could get away with looking innocent, all pink like that, but Hagrid knew better.

Or rather the young woman who’d gone and saved him did, anyway. Very clever of her to work that one out, and he could’ve sworn she had to be some sort of witch herself. She certainly didn’t seem surprised by the fact his umbrella had apparently decided to leap into life and wreak havoc on the store. Hagrid for one was just glad that the owner of the store, whoever that was, hadn’t come out into the front to see what was going on. It was hard enough trying to get his wand under control as well as trying to explain what was happening to be a very angry store owner. The half giant cast a glance around the store just in case. At least his umbrella hadn’t done too much damage. He rubbed away at a scorch mark on the floor with his shoe, trying to look innocent. Ahem. Not too much damage.

But his bushy eyebrows made a leap for freedom as the girl said she had no magic at all. "Are yeh sure?" he blurted. "This yeh firs’ wand?" He clapped in a small show of appreciation. "Blimey. Yeh got some sorta talent, if not magic." He chuckled. "More than me anyway, an’ it’s my wand. Colour me surprised," he said, "Bu’ I never knew they responded like tha’. Thought yeh needed some special spell or summat." He had to admit, he was impressed. And a little bit embarrassed, of course, that he wasn’t sure it would work in the first place. Well - at Hogwarts they did all sorts of things, didn’t they, with special words in Latin and all that. His own umbrella apparently responded to humble English. "Er, good boy…?" He patted it like he would a pet, albeit with a bit more wariness than he would any furry creature in real life. Animals could definitely be trusted - wands, on the other hand, definitely couldn’t. In fact he’d prefer an acromantula in his arms right now. They were quite honestly less scary. And at least an acromantula told you it was cross or upset before it did something.

But Hagrid had an instinctual liking of anyone who had a name like an animal. Honestly he’d never met a bad person named after an animal, and looked to Gwen with warmth now as well as awe. "Ello, Dormouse, saver o’ wand owners everywhere." He would’ve offered his hand, but he was too preoccupied with holding his umbrella and stopping it from flying off. Even now he squinted at it and he was sure, sure, that with its nonexistent eyes it was looking beadily across at the toothpaste aisle. But he smiled nonetheless. "I’m Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper o’ keys and groundsman of Hogwarts." Not that he was at Hogwarts right now, but Hagrid still went by the title. It was a matter of pride. He smiled up at Dormouse. Or down, considering his height. "Just got outta hand. Still a beginner, yeh see. Jus’ started."

ADD: Gwendolyn Bashmath | WORDS: 593 | NOTES: OPEN TO ALL!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine