Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

To watch and protect me, I don't have to be scared
Milah
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 11:17 PM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

N/A years old / 138 posts

Everything had changed over the course of the last few years. Looking at her son now, it was still hard to comprehend how she could have don this. How she could've hurt him the way that she obviously had. "I know my sweet boy. No, I know it doesn't make it better. And I know you're not the same little boy, either but you're still my little boy. I--I wanted to, but I didn't want to make things harder on you. And I had written a note."

She trailed off, knowing it wouldn't make a bit of difference but with him she just had to try. "I don't know Baelfire. I really don't. Things have--changed. You cannot tell your papa I'm here. At least for now." Killian was still on the Jolly Roger which was docked at port. He and the others had gone to do whatever it is that they wanted to do while they were here. And she--she had come to find her son. She had to. She needed it. She knew that no matter what she did or how she went about things that it wasn't just her life that was affected it was his. Her son's too. She felt bad that he was obviously in pain because of her absence. It didn't make her feel well at all. The pain that she'd caused was not something that would ever be remedied no matter how she apologized for it. Apologies wouldn't change the hurt that would follow.

She keeled down in front of him. She loved her baby boy and that was the only reason she'd even bothered to leave the Jolly Roger. She smiled towards her son, hoping he'd not freak out on her. "I was going to leave that up to you. I don't know how much time we have, son. I'm not expected to be back for a while. They know where to find me if I'm needed. All I know, all I want and need is to spend time with you." She replied, of course being first-mate when the time came to leave. Though now, having seen her son it would be harder to leave. Harder to walk away again.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 06:42 PM

Original [Rumpelstiltskin. Peter Pan]

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

32 years old / 1017 posts

Everything had changed over the few months that his mother had been gone. He was getting past the pain of losing his mother, no matter how slowly that was happening. But, now she was back. “You could've fooled me, about still being your boy. What's harder then you leaving in the middle of the night? Well, I didn't see any note.”

Honestly Bae wasn't sure it would make anything better. “I don't know either. You mean keep a secret from papa? I'm not sure I can do that.” Bae had no idea where his mother had been, or would have to go again, but, he wasn't sure he could keep it from his father. His father had never lied to him or kept things from him. And, so he was supposed to keep this now. How was he supposed to keep the secret if his father noticed he looked sad and hurt because she was gone again. The pain that was starting to disappear had suddenly come back again, and, also more on top of that, because his mother hadn't died after all. He didn't know whether that pain would ever completely go away, no matter how many apologies that came from her.

Noticing his mother kneeling in front of him, Bae moved himself back a little bit more. He missed seeing that smile, no matter how much pain had came and gone. “Well papa isn't going to be back for a few hours, and I do want to spend time with you. But, I don't know if I can handle it. If you say goodbye again.” Bae had no idea if his mother would actually choose to walk away from him a second time.

| tagged: Milah | notes and stuff | thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 01:13 AM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

Being gone for the last few months had taught her quite a few things. Losing her family made her realize just what she had missed out on. Not a day went by that she did not think of her son. Of what she'd lost and missed out on. Taking a deep breath she looked at her son. "You'll always be my boy, Baelfire." She replied with a soft smile. "I was selfish leaving the way that I did. Even if I wrote one. But--regardless, I left even if it hurt doing so." The truth was tricky in its own unique way.

It scared her in knowing what could and could not be done. Regardless of what had happened, it wouldn't be a safe endeavor. "Yes, Baelfire, it's imperative you do not tell your papa that I'm here. I know that it's hard to think about doing but you have to. Your papa won't like it if he finds out you know the truth. To him, it's better if you believe I've died than to know that I left on my own accord. I want to ensure our safety and to do that I need him to not know I'm here. At least--not for now. Not until I can figure out where--and what I'm doing. Your papa won't like that I'm back. He'll be angry you see." She worried on what he would do if he found out and that was perhaps why she was so adamant of her son not telling his papa.

The pain that she had caused her sweet loving boy she knew would not ever go away. And she couldn't help but give him the same warm, and loving smile she always had. "Good. I'd rather him not be around while I'm around. And I want to spend time with you too. There are things I'd like to share with you. You're strong my sweet boy. You can handle anything that you put your mind to. Even if you don't think you could. I love you, Baelfire." She had no idea what the future would hold but she had faith that it would all work out. It had to. She wanted to spend time with her son, for as long as she could. Even though in the end it might lead to more heartbreak. And that was something she didn't think she could handle.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 03:58 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

With his mother being gone, Bae had realised that he had missed out on something that everyone else here seemed to have. He had missed having a mother by his side. Not a day had gone by that he hadn't wished she would come back. “You could've fooled me.” Bae said, with a sad look on his face. “It hurt me too.”

Bae didn't know how he felt about keeping a secret from his father. He'd never done so before, and, he didn't feel right about keeping it now. “So just keep the illusion of the story going that he told me, and, we can see each other.” Bae hoped that this would be the case, because otherwise he didn't see what the point was with keeping a secret from him.

The pain he felt was something that wasn't going to disappear, whether she was here now or not. Bae sniffled gently as he looked at his mother. “A part of me wants to be with both of you at once, but, I'll take what I can get. At least we can spend some time together now. I want to be strong, I need to be for papa sometimes.” Bae wanted to say that he loved his mother too, but, he didn't want to say it and then watch her leave again.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 08:40 AM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

Being gone, was not exactly what she had originally planned, at least not for that long. It was nice to be back. Even though she wasn't for sure how long she had. She had to follow orders, to do what the Captain, her Captain suggested. "I know it seems that way. And--I know how I hurt you. Far more than I ever wanted to." She did not like hurting people, particularly her son.

She had done a lot of things independently. Perhaps that was her downfall, instead of just accepting the way things were she sought something else. Sought someone else. Was it right? No. But it was what she had done. And while she did not regret being aboard the Jolly Roger, she did miss her son a lot. More than he could ever hope to understand. That was why she had come back. It wasn't for Rumple, it was for him. It was always for him. She missed her son.

She missed waking up every day and doing the very simple things like singing and playing with him. It hadn't been very long that she had been gone. And she knew soon enough she would be expected to leave again. And it would hurt a great deal. She hated being the one to bring about so much pain to him. Normally she wouldn't suggest lying to his father but for now it was important. Because the last thing she needed was her former husband to try and make things worse for her. Or for their son. "Yes, it's only for a little while, until I figure things out on how to talk to him myself, alright? But I need some time to do that. And I don't want you telling him before I have a chance to talk to him myself. Or to have someone else tell him before I can."

It wasn't actually the case. She had no real intention of facing her ex-husband at least for a while. She wasn't sure how long they'd be in Port. But she was sure Rumple would find out sooner or later. She normally wouldn't have asked him to even think about lying to his father because he'd never done that, that she could ever recall. And she'd never lied when she was still living in this village. She remembered the last conversation she'd had with her ex-husband it was about her staying. And she would have had he made an effort with her. If he would have tried, maybe she could have tolerated it more.

But he refused to at least acknowledge that they might have a second chance if he was willing to relocate. He didn't want any of it. And she was sick of it. She didn't want to stay in a village where all people would say was just negative. And she didn't want that to impact her, or their family anymore. Particularly for Baelfire's sake. And she knew that when she left it had caused her son pain which was not something she wished for. She felt bad just watching her son carefully. In reality, she would have stayed had her ex-husband decided to be brave and not let fear dictate him or the choices in which he had made. Or had tried to make choices for her. "I know you wish for all of us to be together like it used to be. But for now, I'd like to keep things simple and for it to be just us two for now. Yes, we can spend some time together. You can be strong, I know you can. But you don't need to be strong for your father. He'll be alright." She didn't expect him to respond to her by telling her that he loved her too, she knew he did but that he didn't want to say it only to be hurt again.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 04:25 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

Don't you worry
Bae didn't know where her mother had disappeared to, or why she may have to leave as suddenly as she was making it seem. “You're right you did.” Bae said, with a soft sniffle.

He was used to being on his own for a majority of the time since his father was away a lot. But, he was ok with that, because he had friends at least. But, there was still something that had been missing from his life here. But, now that he was seeing her in front of him, he was realising that it was his mother that he was missing. More then he had ever understood at the time. Bae missed her so much.

Bae missed everything about her. Seeing her face and hearing that lullaby as he went to sleep every night. While he knew it hadn't physically been that long in the way of time, to a 5 year old it seemed like it had been forever. The woman in front of him had left, and, obviously was going to leave him again. He wasn't sure that he was ok with lying to his father, since he was the one that had always been there. But, he also didn't want his mum to get hurt either. “Alright I won't tell him. But, I don't think I can keep it from him forever.”

Yes, he was going to be able to keep her secret for a while. But, Bae knew that eventually it would probably come out. Since, not only the guilt about the fact that he was lying to him, when he was sure he hadn't lied to him, but, the pain for his mother leaving again would probably weigh on him eventually. But, Bae wasn't sure that his father would be ok with it, and, he didn't want him hurt. Or his mother for that matter either.

Bae knew that maybe he would've been ok with moving to a new place, but, he was also happy with being here in this village with his father, and, his friends. Well he was almost happy, there was the pain of his mother leaving that was probably going to stick with him no matter where they went. “I don't think it matters what I wish, because you left in the first place so maybe it isn't possible. I would like that myself. Just the two of us. That's just it, I do need to. He isn't as good with this stuff as he seems to be.” Bae said, looking at his mother. He had no idea about anything right now, so he just stood there and looked at her in silence.

don't you worry child

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 03:09 PM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

Being a mother wasn't an easy thing. She wished it could have been, or that being Rumple's wife would have been enough. But it wasn't. She hadn't been happy for a long time. She had damaged her own mind enough and hurt others in the process. Something she didn't want to keep doing. "When you were born, all I wanted--all I want is for you to be safe. To be happy, and protected. I've done more than my fair share of damage. By not being there. Even though I wanted to be. I just I couldn't make things better. I didn't want to hurt anyone. Least of all you. I'm sorry that I haven't been there for you. The way that I should have been. I hate seeing you upset even though that I'm the one who caused it." It made her cringe. Because she hated hurting others that way. Hurting others was not something that she was remotely pleased with doing. Being away from her son hurt. But she didn't have a choice. She was happy aboard the Jolly Roger.

Being on the sea made her feel alive, but a piece of her was missing without her son being with her. But she knew she was missing her son. She missed her son so much, and wanted to be there for him. Being back here only reminded her of just how much. Seeing him now, made her be reminded of just what she missed most. Having that sweet and innocent little boy wrap his arms around her and hold her tight. Like he used to, when she was at home with him and her former husband. It wasn't to say that she wanted to be back with her ex-husband but she did want to be there more for her son.

But how was she supposed to do that? Without breaking her oath to her Captain and to herself? It was a hard life lesson sometimes. To follow one's heart meant that sometimes you had to have it broken in immeasurable ways. If it wasn't important she wouldn't have asked her son to lie to his father. But she did that because she feared what would happen if Rumple knew. If Rumple knew she was alive and that she had voluntarily gone with the pirates.

Had voluntarily gone with Killian, the way that she had, because she had loved him too. "I promise you, you won't have to hide it forever. Just for a while until I can talk to him myself. I don't want you telling him and then him being more angry with me for not being honest and talking to him myself. It's--better if he learns I'm back from me than from you. Because I don't want you dragged through an argument unnecessarily. And there's some--some issues with your father that you don't need to deal with. And I'd prefer your father learned the truth from me, because it'll be better all the way around. I just I need a little time in order to get things ready so I can go see him." And to do that she wanted to ensure her crew were safe from his wrath, Killian especially. She didn't want anyone to get hurt, physically or emotionally.

And for that, that was why she was taking it slowly. If she had to, she would confront her ex-husband without anyone else around. Because it was safer that way. She didn't want her son to see or hear that. Not that he probably hadn't heard them arguing before but it was different. Because now she was no longer living in the small village, like she once did. Arguments now could be quite dangerous. And the last thing she wanted was for Baelfire to see them fight as she knew how nasty it could be. Especially since Rumple would never understand why she left in the first place. He'd never understand how she could want to leave him. Or their son for that matter. And while she hated herself for leaving her son she did not feel the same way towards her former husband. But that being said, she had only wanted to help people.

She didn't want to hurt anybody. And yes she knew that she had hurt people in the past. She wished she could have been entirely happy in that village. Because she had wanted to be. Until she just didn't. "It is. Your father will be alright. No one is ultimately good with everything. One day you'll understand just how important it is to follow your heart and trust your instincts. Even when times are hard. And I know it's impossible for you to understand how you can love someone and not be with them. It hurts that I haven't been able to be there for you. Being back here, it feels like nothing has changed even though everything has. All I know is that I just want to spend as much time with you as I can." She explained with a soft smile upon her face. Her tone was a calm and loving one. She was happy now.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:14 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

▲ Never tell me the Odds
Milah ▲ notes

Being a kid was hard, especially since everyone thought you were too young to know the truth about anything, or need to be protected from pain at an early age. The fact that his mother was back, made him think that his father had lied to him. But, this probably wasn't the time to think about that. “Well I guess I felt safe. Not that it was easy for me to feel love from a mother. It did hurt, and, I was... am too young to fully know what was going on or happening. I just knew that my mother was gone one day. Papa probably just wanted to prevent me from feeling the true pain. I didn't even know what that meant at this time.” Bae sniffled softly. Not having his mother around hurt, and, it wasn't making things any better the fact that she was here now, and, was probably walking away.

A part of Bae had been missing for the past few months, and, he hadn't even remembered what it truly was, until just now with his mother being here. He missed her more then she would probably ever truly know, but, he didn't feel right being honest about that if she was only going to leave again. He remembered that she used to sit next to him and read him stories until he fell asleep with him in her arms. It wasn't always the ideal situation, but, for him he liked the idea of having her next to him allowing him to feel safe and loved. Bae wanted that feeling back, and, he didn't even know why he had lost it in the first place.

But, he knew it wasn't possible to have it back though. Since obviously his mother wasn't going to stick around this time. The worst part was being torn between keeping the promise to lie to his father, or telling him and risking harm to his mother. Not that his father would do anything? Would he?

“Ok mama I won't tell him. It'll give you an excuse to come back.” Bae said, giving his mother a sad smile. He would obviously tell him if she didn't show up and tell him eventually. Because his loyalty was always going to truly be with the parent who stayed.

Bae wasn't really new to hearing arguments with his parents. One night when he'd had nightmares he had gotten to the top of the stairs and had overheard every word in the argument. Luckily his parents hadn't spotted him, and, he'd just gone and headed back up to his room. Bae wasn't sure he wanted to hear all of that again, because he was sure this might be different. In fact he knew it would be, because his mother had been gone. And, supposedly dead.

Bae didn't want to be the cause of his family being torn apart again, or anyone getting hurt. So he knew that he would probably be stuck in the middle in some way. Something he really didn't want. “You're right. I don't, and, probably wouldn't ever understand. But, I don't really want to focus on that. Or any of this stuff. I just want to spend time with you.”

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 07:36 PM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

It was hard. All of this was too hard. She hated hurting people. Particularly the ones she loved most. Her son more than anything. She had hurt her family. Torn it apart in all honesty. Of course, she wasn't fair to her son, more than anything. The pain that she had caused would not and could not go away over night.

She didn't understand how Rumple had told their son that she'd died. It hurt. A lot. So much for him actually caring about her. Or their son. Perhaps he did it so to ease the pain of her being gone, she wasn't sure. Either way it made things more awkward than it needed to be now. She hated that this separation hurt her son. But she couldn't live a lie. Killian was great, he made her feel well alive. Much more than Rumple had in recent months. With him she not only had her love for traveling fulfilled but also to have a love that fueled her soul. The only downside was that her son hadn't been with her.

Taking a deep breath, she listened to her son. "I--I never wanted you to feel like this. You know, it wasn't your fault I left. It's--my biggest regret knowing you were here without me. But--I, I did something that I shouldn't have. Your--your father and I, we struggled....a lot. Fought too often. And I--I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to watch you grow up only hearing your dad and I argue. Yes, it was--a horrible thing to do. Leaving you the way that I did. To just up and vanish in the middle of the night the way that I did. Your papa is one of the few people that I can say without a doubt is the most difficult person to live with. I--the night that I left, I was taken to a ship. And I didn't--I didn't know what to expect. I--I live with the pain of what I caused. Of not being here when I should have. And that's what I'm most sorry for. That I hurt you." All she wanted to do was make her son stop sniffling even though she couldn't. Because the pain was there, and couldn't be stopped overnight.

It wasn't right what she continued to do to her son. To have walked away, what kind of parent does that, willingly? It was that thought that plagued her most nights. Even though that was exactly what she had done. But a part of her had been missing for months now. And Baelfire was that piece that was missing. He always would be missing if she wasn't able to bring him with her. But she couldn't do that by force. She missed being around him. The memories of the earliest years of his life, of when she had sat next to him in that hovel, their old home together, when she'd sit there and read stories to him until he fell asleep.

Or had even sung the same old melody that had been taught to her. It was--the feeling of the not knowing, of what was to come that plagued her mind. As well as her heart. She wanted, more than anything to have the same kind of feelings she once had, of the security and warmth that was so needed and desired; of love. She wanted to be able to spend this time with him. To hold him and to show him that she still loved him. It wasn't right that she had caused him to lose that sense of peace, light and warmth on top of the love he'd once known. It could be possible. Anything could be.

With just a little bit of faith. She had to do what she had to do. Because she did not want her former husband to stop her from seeing their son. She knew full well that Rumple could and would hurt her if he was angry enough. It was horrid to think of it that way but that was just how she felt. She knew it was asking a lot to have her son lie to his father, and normally she wouldn't encourage it. But it was for her safety and his, that he keep it that way. "Yes, of course."

She smiled, as she could tell how much he needed her to return. And part of her wanted that. Even though she liked the high seas. She liked the life that it represented. The open sea, the freedom it entailed. She hated the fact that her marriage had imploded the way that it did. Because when she'd initially married Rumple, she had meant for it to be forever. She didn't anticipate that five years after their son's birth that she would have left him entirely.

She knew that even if she went back to that village, went back to that Hovel that things would be different and she was as good as dead. Rumple would never understand. How could he? When she barely understood the calling herself? She didn't want to make her son go through the pain of having to pick between her and his father, but she knew it had to be done. There was no way in hell that her former husband would give up sole custody, or that Baelfire would ever leave his dad. Which was in part why she left Baelfire with his father to begin with. Because she couldn't break that bond. And did not want to force it upon him. She didn't want Rumple hurt, or her son hurt.

And she didn't want to get hurt herself. But she also knew there were risks, by her being there at that moment. "I know. I just want to spend time with you. What would you like to do?" She asked her son softly. As long as it did not entail going to see Rumple she was fine. Because she did not want to make things far worse than what they could be. She didn't want to only believe in the worst--of her former husband. She had still hoped for there to be some good inside.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 07:28 PM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

▲ Never tell me the Odds
Milah ▲ notes

Bae just looked at his mother for a moment as he heard her try to defend herself. Bae didn't really want to hear that or even knew what to say, so he just blinked away the emotion coming to his face before looking down at the ground for a moment. The sad sniffle coming from him as he stood there with his mother.

He couldn't understand how his mother had been able to leave him so easily. Had he done something wrong that she wanted to just leave? He'd had a piece missing from his heart for the last months since she left, and, it was slowly starting to fade. Until now. Because the real-ness of seeing his mum back, knowing that she wasn't dead, was bringing the pain to the surface again. Bae just wanted her to stay, but, from the sounds of it that wasn't going to be an option. Since she obviously was going to take off again. There were memories there that he had of the two of them in their cottage just sitting next to each other, and, having her there while he fell asleep.

There was still that song that he casually hummed to himself on occasion when he walked around the village, and, while playing. Bae did still feel somewhat secure while he was with his father, but, he missed the security and the feeling of having a mother. Like so many of his friends that he saw with both of their parents. He didn't like that he wasn't able to have that, because someone had taken his mother away from him. But seeing her here, all he felt was unloved and unwanted. When you're only 5 that was a hard feeling to have.

The idea of lying to his father wasn't one that Bae liked, but, he would do it. If it meant he could spend time with his mother. He didn't know whether his father would do anything if he found out, but, he made his mother a promise which he would keep. Unless she didn't keep up her end, then he would say everything. “Good.”

Bae gave his mother a soft smile. He more then anything wanted his mother to stay, or at least return more often. He liked the idea of having both of his parents with him, but, as his mother seemed to have implied she liked her new life, and, couldn't leave it that easily. Which kind of hurt he'd have to admit.

He wanted to take his mother back home, to just remind her of what she had here. With hope that he would be enough to get her to stay. But, at the same time he didn't know if his father was home, and, if he was then he would break the promise and she would never stay. He didn't want to have to make a choice, but, if his mother wasn't staying or didn't come back then at least the choice would be made for him. He was happy here, and, he had been happy with his father, when he thought that having his mother as well wasn't an option anymore. Now he wasn't sure what he would do if his parents made him choose.

Bae would hope that they could work all this stuff out together for his sake. “Hmm, well there is something I want to show you.” Bae said, holding out his hand for his mother to hopefully take. There was a place in the Forest he liked going when he needed somewhere to hide out. His mother may like it though.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 11:40 AM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

Defending herself shouldn't be what she should have to do. It was wrong. There were no words that could be expressed to make any of this right. No, she had screwed up their family. She'd torn it apart, not Killian, not Rumple. Not Baelfire. Her. Everything was her fault. It was pathetic really how she had hurt the people that she was always supposed to be there for. She could understand his pain. It wasn't easy walking away from her son. She regretted not being there for him. To not being the kind of mother he needed, and outright deserved. He deserved more than she had given him.

She hated seeing him so upset even if he had a right to be. She had missed her boy and more often than not had talked to Killian about going to get him. She wanted her son with her. Always had, always would. It was, difficult to put it simply. Could she stay? Did she want to stay? No, she wanted her son to go with her. She wasn't in love with Rumple anymore and going back would be, difficult, if not impossible. On some level she still loved the man, and perhaps always would. But the strength of that love had faded. Because of his being, in her mind, too much of a coward. Now her relationship with Killian wasn't perfect, by all means but it was filled with adventure. Which was what she'd always dreamed of. Had Rumple been willing to do half of the things she wanted to do, perhaps their marriage wouldn't have gotten so far off of the beaten track. But Rumple wanted to stay in one place, he always had, even before Baelfire had been born. And he knew how much she loved the idea of exploring places. To see the world and to experience things first hand instead of just hearing about it.

Taking off again was something that eventually she would have to do. Only because it was requested of her captain. Plus, her being in the same village as her former love was only going to make things worse than better. Even before she'd left Baelfire had clung more to his dad than he had to her. So she knew that he'd be alright. That he'd be safe. Rumple was a lot of things but he'd never let anything happen to their boy. That much she did know. Of course it wouldn't matter. She had left of her own volition. Even if Killian had sort of tipped the scales in his favor when he began to talk about the things he'd seen.

The things she would see if she was on the Jolly Roger. And it had grown tempting. Turning it down at fist was hard, because her curious nature called out to seeing the possibilities. But at the time her responsibility came first. What had changed, she couldn't really remember. She knew the lying to his father wasn't something she'd normally encourage, but at this point, she had to be careful. Rumple had a temper sometimes, as did she. But, she wanted her visit to be a calm one, and she didn't trust that her ex-husband wouldn't try something. Because he easily could. She also knew that if she didn't keep up her side of the bargain that her son wouldn't keep his. And he needed to, they both did.

She gave her son a soft, yet warm smile. She knew more than anything that Rumple wouldn't find her being back to be the least bit of good news. And she really didn't want a fight between them, nor between him and Killian. Staying was really out of the question, wasn't it? And still it was tempting. She had seen the world, or at least had a good taste of it. But she couldn't disappoint Killian. She loved her life as a pirate. The adventures, and the love she'd found. But, that being said, she missed being a mother. She missed being able to just hold onto her son and to tell him that everything would be alright. And that she could prove just how much she loved him. It tore at her, the possibility of it. The possibility of leaving her life behind, the life she had grown to love so much. It wouldn't be easy. And Killian wouldn't understand. Nor would Rumple. So she couldn't bring herself to have that happen. She'd do what she could to visit more often. Even if she had to persuade Killian.

Of course, she liked her life now, but it didn't mean that she didn't miss her son. Or that she didn't want him near her. A part of her missed the old family home she'd lived in, in this village, but she knew that was also out of the question in case Rumple was even close by. He'd probably murder her on sight. Especially if she told him she wasn't staying. She didn't want to make this harder on her son then necessary. Part of her wanted her son to just go with her.

To travel the seas with her, even if it was only for a few months at a time. Was working with Rumple really what she would have to do? It didn't make things better in her mind, only worse. Could Rumple actually understand why she left? Without it leading to a miserable fight? Did she really want to take that chance? Should she? Taking a deep breath she listened to her son as he said he wanted to show her something. "Alright, I'll follow you. Lead the way." She chuckled as she thought of where he could take her. So long as it wasn't him leading her back to Rumple, she'd be fine. They both would be fine.

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 04:47 AM

Enchanted Forest

Emma is online

▲ Never tell me the Odds
Milah ▲ notes

Bae looked at his mother and returned her smile. He wasn't sure if his mother would be happy or sad to see his mother back, but, right now he was glad she was. At least the part of him that wasn't confused about it. He just hoped that she would stay, even if it was for just a while. At least he could build some memories before she left again. Not that he wanted her to leave at all. He missed her. He missed having a mother. Not that he didn't love his father, but, there were certain things that he just couldn't give him. Bae wanted to feel the love of a mother again, but, he knew that he probably wouldn't be able to keep it forever, since his mother had made it clear she wasn't going to guarantee she would stay.

He liked his life, having his father with him and being at home. That cottage was his family home and the one he'd been in all of his life. Which made him happy, because it gave him a sense of security. But, he couldn't take her to the cottage, since the promise meant that he couldn't risk his father being home. Bae didn't want her, or him to think of anything that involved keeping secrets or breaking promises. Bae just wanted things to be normal.

Bae wanted them to all be able to be together. Even if not in the same house, but, in the same village so that he could visit them both easily. Then maybe she wouldn't have needed to have left. But, he couldn't help, but, wonder whether it had been because of him that she had left. He was changing the subject hoping to just show his mother what he had in this place in terms of a hideaway. It helped make things easier for him at times. “Ok I can do that.” Bae said, taking his mother's hand, and, slowly leading her through the forest.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Bach
We are Infinite
PM
^
Milah
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:08 PM

Rumplestiltskin

Enchanted Forest

Milah is online

There were things she missed. She missed the happiness that her son had helped to bring. He'd brought a light into her life. A light that had never dimmed. A light that had never gone away. Ever since she could remember, he was the reason she had stayed so long. Things between her and Rumple, at first they'd been good. Great even. And still, there were a lot of things that had occurred. Some that were his fault and some that were more her own.

Being a parent, she had never anticipated a day would come where she would even think twice of just disappearing into the night. What happened? How could she have felt that was the right way to go about it? She wasn't sure. It was nice being back in the little village. Knowing of course she wouldn't have long. Not until Killian came looking for her, and she would be told to return to the ship. And then, then of course she would have to make a choice.

A choice that had been as hard the first time as it would be again. In a perfect world she would have never doubted a second about spending eternity in this little town. But, her heart yearned for things not seen. It was strange to think of how much had really changed. It was disheartening just how separated she felt from her son. It was entirely her fault why that was. She knew he'd hoped she'd stay. And it was beyond tempting, because she missed her son but at the same time, she didn't think she could handle living once more in this village. The memories she had of her son had never faded.

No matter how much time had passed. As a mother, the last thing she wanted to do was to leave her son. But she also didn't think she had the courage to stay. She was just taking it all day by day. She couldn't promise to always be here, even if she wished in a way she could. But she had made a promise to Killian too. That she wouldn't abandon the Jolly Roger, or him. It may have been wrong but she loved both of them. It was nice being back in its own way, so she could see just how much had changed. She was reminded of the cottage that she, and Rumple had once had a home together along with Baelfire. She had made lots of mistakes but she did not regret a bit of it. Sure she hated herself for hurting her son, but she didn't regret what brought her to this point. She was for once in her life willing to cop to the fact she'd made those mistakes. And to learn how to correct it. But, despite being open and honest about her failures wasn't easy. And she didn't want to go back to the cottage. As it reminded her of how she had once felt so confined. A fact she'd hated above all else.

It wasn't right to ask her son to do this. To keep a secret from his father. But it was for her own safety and his. Because she wasn't sure what her former husband would do. There was no telling. Sure she knew he was angry. But he'd never come to find her. There was nothing normal about any of this. Perhaps she had left because it was easier than to admit where she'd failed. A marriage wasn't meant to be easy. But it also wasn't meant to give up on. The reason she'd left had nothing to do with the little boy she had given birth to. And it killed her every day to have hurt him the way that she had. But it was hard to love someone you didn't understand. And still her instincts kept her in line as her son grasped hold of her hand. Her breath caught as she followed him. "Where are we going son?" She asked, as she couldn't help but be curious. It was in her nature after all. Was he trying to convince her to stay by showing her things that maybe should be familiar to her?

Neal Cassidy
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine