New Poll

Through the Words, Open
Dorothy Gale
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 07:16 PM

Wizard of Oz

Oz

Kay is online

30 years old / 17 posts

There was a change in the air. She could feel it. She could sense it on the winds. However, she couldn’t put a finger on it. What was changing or how it was changing, she couldn’t tell. That worried her. Usually, she was in tune with her surroundings. That wasn’t happening now.

Perhaps it was because she found herself in a different area of the woods; one that she’d stumbled upon and couldn’t work her way out of. She didn’t recognize the disturbances in the underbrush. The shadow patterns from the tree boughs were foreign. The sounds and smells were off. Nothing was right.

She wanted to go home. She missed her friends and fellow warriors. She missed her usual meal and the usual chatter that went with it. Here those things were missing. Here she was alone. Here she was vulnerable. She needed to go home. She just didn’t know how.

It was annoying. Not knowing how to navigate was bad in the wilderness. It was dangerous, too. As soon as she found her way back to her camp, well her home, she would study the art of tracking. While she was certain she would never become a master at that particular skill, she could become adequate at it.

A rustle in the background startled her. Head going up, the woman’s hand went to her weapon. She stayed quiet. She waited. Who could it be? Was there another lost stranger?
PM
^
Zelena
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 01:42 AM
Zelena

is online

years old / N/A posts

.zmbox { width: 320px; background-color: #252628; padding: 20px 40px 40px 40px; }.zmlyr1 { font-family: la belle aurore; font-size: 25px; color: #7da26c ; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; }.zmlyr2 { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.zmmain { height: 200px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid #7da26c ; border-bottom: 1px solid #7da26c ; }.zmpb { height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding: 0 10px; line-height: 125%; color: #ccc; }.zmbb { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.tcred { text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; width: 400px; }.tcred a {font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 1px; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #7da26c; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; background-color: #252628; } and then, my prettyyou’ll have nothing She had rather hoped to sneak up on Dorothy, but maybe all those years rambling around in the wilds of the West were paying off. "Doesn't look like you're in Kansas anymore, Dorothy." Zelena came out of the undergrowth, grinning. Her white teeth flashed with predatory delight. She held her broomstick in one hand, lifting it up to show it to the so-called ‘freedom fighter’. "You really should be more careful," she chided, as she would a disobedient child. "You never know who's watching, and all kinds of things can be seen from above. Especially little girls far from home. And how far from home you are..." She tsk'd. "Shame." The witch set her broom up against a tree. No need to carry it - not when she wasn't planning on going anywhere. Not yet. Not until she'd had her fun. "Well well well. So the famous Dorothy Gale's made her way to Storybrooke. You and your little dog too!" Zelena couldn't see Toto, but she was sure the little rat would be found somewhere. Blasting the yappy mutt into next week back in Oz would always be a missed opportunity. Ugh, dogs. As if this particular hero didn't have a saviour complex wasn't enough, she had to have a bloody mascot. But yet the witch didn't seem stunned by her arrival, nor speechless. Pleasantly surprised, maybe, but nothing more. And it showed, with her smile and even tone. With Cordelia now in Storybrooke it was like every young woman who had a personal grievance with the eldest Mills sister was crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches - god knew there were enough of them to expect a few more. It was almost enough be suspicious; maybe the portals were going through a 'Who Pissed Off Zelena' list. God knew Storybrooke would need a lot more homes for that listing. She was in Storybrooke. So? Sorry dear, but someone beat you to it. Everyone worked their way to this godforsaken town eventually. Even little girls from a land far far away, pledging to protect their precious little friends from a big bad wicked witch. What had happened to Dorothy, and why was she away from Oz? Zelena herself didn't care. This wasn't the way she'd wanted her day to go - nor her broomstick flight, only her second outing on it since she'd gotten it out again - but it was a twist she could roll with. On one condition. The witch examined her nails, her blue eyes, glinting with sly cunning, flickering up to her arch enemy. Her red hair tumbled freely down her shoulders. "Tell me you're not here to kill me," she said dryly. "It grows tiresome." ADD.: Dorothy Gale | WORDS: 451 | NOTES: ♛ Ames xx
^
Dorothy Gale
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 05:50 AM

Wizard of Oz

Oz

Kay is online

30 years old / 17 posts

When Zelena spoke, Dorothy glared at the woman in front of her. She raised her bow and arrow and aimed, but she didn’t shoot. “I haven’t been in Kansas for a very long time, Zelena,” replied the brunette with a huff.

She kept her gaze on the Wicked Witch as the woman moved closer and closer. Feet planted, only magic could budge the woman from her spot. Steady and stoic as a tree, Dorothy kept her ground. This was her territory, for now. She claimed it (at least for the night). “I am careful. I might not have gaudy magic, such as you do, but I have my ears and eyes.” She raised her bow up a little bit more. She pulled the string a little bit stronger.

When Zelena moved, Dorothy’s eyes followed the woman. At all possible, she was not about to allow that woman out of her sight. Granted, at the little line about her and her dog, she rolled her eyes. “You really need to come up with a better catch phrase. I happened upon a movie about you and I. They called it the ‘Wizard of Oz’. You know what was in it? That exact phrase. ‘You and your little dog too!’ the witch cackled,” she replied. They’d done an okay job with depiction of Oz, although she never saw one of those color-changing horses while there.

Dorothy was only slightly surprised to see Zelena in the quaint little town of Storybrooke. For a awhile the brunette warrior had wondered what happened to her greatest opponent, the Wicked Witch of the West. The woman had disappeared from Oz – probably in a in a puff of smoke – and had not been seen since then. Rumors swirled about her whereabouts. Some had been right, Dorothy noted (as realm hopping had been one of the most prominent of the rumors passed amongst the people of Oz), and some had been outrageously wrong (turned into a gigantic bunny rabbit, seriously?).

At the comment of murder, Dorothy rolled her eyes yet again. Of course she’d make that threat. Sometimes, Zelena could be so predictable. The statement of it growing tiresome could be applied to their situation. “Are you trying to try my patience, Zelena? I am not here to kill you. I attack only if attack back. I suggest you do not make the first move,” Dorothy advised, lowering the crossbow to her side. She kept it loaded, but did not keep it aimed. “I have greater purpose than to see you melt. Besides, I really do not want thrown in prison. It would be quite counterproductive. So, why are you here in Storybrooke? Why are you out here in the woods at this time of night? Please tell me you did not bring flying monkeys when you arrived.” She could not deal with that.

Zelena
PM
^
Zelena
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 03:17 PM
Zelena

is online

years old / N/A posts

.zmbox { width: 320px; background-color: #252628; padding: 20px 40px 40px 40px; }.zmlyr1 { font-family: la belle aurore; font-size: 25px; color: #7da26c ; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; }.zmlyr2 { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.zmmain { height: 200px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid #7da26c ; border-bottom: 1px solid #7da26c ; }.zmpb { height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding: 0 10px; line-height: 125%; color: #ccc; }.zmbb { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.tcred { text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; width: 400px; }.tcred a {font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 1px; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #7da26c; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; background-color: #252628; } and then, my prettyyou’ll have nothing Oh, Dorothy. So predictable. She was no more than a passing amusement now that Zelena had moved on from Oz, and what a little piece of entertainment she was. Still so prosaic, so...heroic. A bow and arrow? Really? "Now now," Zelena smiled down the shaft of the arrow, her hand that was trailing at her throat now dropping to her side. Other witches would be begging, screaming, for mercy. She, conversely, was eerily at ease. Some unhinged part of her was enjoying this little meeting. What was redemption compared to this? It was a marvel she had ever considered the prospect. "No need to be so rude. You know," she said, taking a step forward regardless of the arrow trained on her, "I knew a little girl once. Looked like you. Very sweet, very killable. She wasn't rude, was she?" She paused, as if trying to recall something. "Where did that little girl go? Maybe you can look with those ears and eyes of yours." In truth it reminded her of how old she was. Storybrooke and Oz may have conserved her young body but she was older than she appeared. Even she wasn't sure of her real age, what with the realms' different way of measuring time and the other complications. All she knew was that she was certainly old enough for a little girl, once beloved by the sisterhood of Oz, to grow up into a rebel in her own right. Zelena was like some sort of little guardian angel, really; there from when she was a child. Only guardian angels usually weren't so murderous, because if it were up to Zelena Dorothy wouldn't have gotten any older back in Oz. "I'm not here to kill you." The witch raised her eyebrows. "Says the woman levelling an arrow at me. You've never been very original." It was so sweet of her. So naive. Did she think a humble bow and arrow would be able to fell the Wicked Witch of the West? Others had tried. Others had failed. "I suggest you do not make the first move." She chuckled. "Oh, I don't want to kill you. I prefer you alive and a failure than victorious and dead. I thought I made that quite clear." Back at the cottage with the Scarecrow, when she'd taken his brain. The memory was a happy one and her smile grew wider, grinning grotesquely. Maybe she'd used Rumple's brain instead of the Scarecrow's, but the day had still been a victory. A similar flash of triumph glittered in her blue eyes as the woman lowered her weapon. "What greater purpose is that, then? Not sure I want to know, if you want me alive - for once." The witch was only going off past experiences. Most people who actually, actively wanted Zelena alive had other purposes for her in mind, Emma wanting to dispose of the darkness inside of her being a prime example. Wouldn't Dorothy want her dead at the first opportunity? Zelena used her as an opportunity to show Oz that resistance was futile. What use was Zelena alive to Dorothy, her arch enemy? She couldn't help feeling somewhat uneasy that her greatest enemy from Oz didn't want her dead at all - had suddenly changed her tune. Funny, that they'd gotten to the point when they didn't even want each other dead anymore. Whether that counted as progress depended on your point of view. "I did have the monkeys at first but they're so hard to keep," she said dryly. "Such a pain to manage. You have no idea." Her voice sharpened. "You might've noticed I actually live here in Storybrooke, if you paid attention. But I don't have to answer to you, Dorothy. I don't have to tell you anything. Now you're trying my patience, so I suggest you stay out of my way during your 'greater purpose'." Her tone turned mocking. Greater purpose. So what? "My plans are my own. Yours, though, I'd very much like to hear." She inclined her head to one side. "Consider it professional interest." ADD.: Dorothy Gale | WORDS: 681 | NOTES: ♛ Ames xx
^
Dorothy Gale
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 08:04 PM

Wizard of Oz

Oz

Kay is online

30 years old / 17 posts

She held tight to her weapon. It might not be much and it might not be a match against a magical spell, but it served its purpose well. Not only did it offer protection, but a means to hunt.

“Arrows aren’t funny things. I hope you’re aware of that. They can slow an injured down,” she warned. Releasing an arrow was not the plan of the night. That would only happen if the need arose and preferably as a last resort. “Me - being rude? Hardly. I think the word you search for is civil.” Dorothy listened as Zelena prattled on about Dorothy’s childhood. Her lips were pursed into a tight line and eyes squinted into thin slits of concentration. The brunette had to repress the urge to roll her eyes at the attempt at sarcasm. “That little girl saw things and grew up. She found a purpose and she serves it well. Perhaps you ought to find such a purpose for yourself. You might find helping those in need much more enjoyable than antagonizing them.”

How many years ago had the two of them first came face-to-face? It had been a long time. At the oldest, she had been 8 or 9 on her first arrival to Oz. She came with no knowledge of anything but Kansas farm living. She had no knowledge of magic or flying monkeys or witches or anything of the sort. But she learned fast. Her naïve outlook on life had become jaded. The hardships of Oz had hardened her. She knew it. She would not deny that fact. Sometimes, she wished she was the little girl again with no awareness of the darkness that the world held. However, did she regret growing up and learning the lessons of the world? Hardly not.

“Why is that so hard to believe? If I had had that desire, the arrow would have long left the bow. I level my arrow merely out of protection. If you couldn’t tell, I am in the midst of a camping trip,” Dorothy retorted. Technically she was camping and on a trip. She was not out here for enjoyment prospects. Zelena did not need to know that information, though. “And I heard a noise. It seemed only prudent to prepare for an attack. Getting carried off by a wolf is not my idea of a fun evening. I do not think it is against the law to protect myself, it is not?” With that question, Dorothy expected some sort of sarcastic retort from Zelena. The witch might surprise her though. “And as for me failing, that will never happen. Even after I am long gone, the world will remember what I have done for the Munchkins. Who did it and why may be forgotten, but that doesn’t concern me in the least. As long as the Munchkins live, I’ve won.”

“I can raise this weapon in a second if you’re not careful,” Dorothy warned as she spotted the glimpse of felt triumph in Zelena’s eyes. “That greater purpose is for my knowledge and my knowledge only. This is more of a solo mission. Rest assured I do not want anyone to die because of what I am doing.” She did not want anyone to die under her watch or by her hand. That did not mean she would not protect herself. There was a considerable difference between going after someone in cold blood and reacting to an attack. She didn’t want anyone hurt. She wanted happiness and peace. She believed it was possible, but Zelena had no clue. Part of that little girl the Wicked Witch first met was still in her heart. As the saying goes, (for the most part), you can take a girl out of Kansas, but you can’t take the Kansas out of that girl.

Her lips flickered at the thought of the monkeys. She hated those things with a passion. They were utterly terrifying. “Well, it’s no wonder. I doubt people really like being turned into giant blue monkeys with wings. How would you feel if it happened to you? Where did you even come up with such a ridiculous creature anyway? If you wanted something more inconspicuous, go with squirrels,” she asked. “Oh really? How… charming. I haven’t been in Storybrooke for very long. I’ve been making my preparations. Do you really think, though, that I will so freely tell you what I am doing here? Why should I trust you? Huh?”

Zelena
PM
^
Zelena
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 09:57 AM
Zelena

is online

years old / N/A posts

.zmbox { width: 320px; background-color: #252628; padding: 20px 40px 40px 40px; }.zmlyr1 { font-family: la belle aurore; font-size: 25px; color: #7da26c ; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; }.zmlyr2 { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.zmmain { height: 200px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid #7da26c ; border-bottom: 1px solid #7da26c ; }.zmpb { height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding: 0 10px; line-height: 125%; color: #ccc; }.zmbb { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.tcred { text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; width: 400px; }.tcred a {font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 1px; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #7da26c; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; background-color: #252628; } and then, my prettyyou’ll have nothing Such hard, mean little eyes were looking back at her. Dorothy had certainly lost her softness, Zelena would give her that. She'd been through something, hadn’t she? The witch could see it in her eyes, a tough exterior built up around that soft little centre. Someone did a number on you, didn’t they? Taunting aside - really, what had happened to that little girl? She could see it because she knew it herself...and maybe had one just like it, built up from bad experiences and a life where the freedom of choice had been taken away, replaced by fate and destiny and what lay inside that bloody Book of Records. What caused that change in Dorothy she didn't know, and she didn't care. Dorothy had decided to see her as a one dimensional tyrant of a realm worlds away from her own - and for a while that had been the image Zelena had preferred to show, anyway. But if the obstinate little girl in front of her wasn't going to put in the effort neither was she. The witch listened to her rhetoric without batting an eyelid. This was turning out to be less fun than she'd thought, honestly. She wanted to give her a good fright, not be subject to a morality lecture! It got boring after a while - she'd suffered through enough of it while she was living in the Emerald City and a bit more of it wasn't particularly life-changing. Clearly she was going to get the same thing here whether she liked it or not. Dorothy took all of this dreadfully seriously. As if she was going to listen to her! Change, for her! It was laughable. Zelena went to consider her words for a moment, only to shrug. "Yeah...but I still prefer kiddy Dorothy. You know, back when you still suited gingham." And didn't come out with speeches. Did it take a long time to make these speeches, she wondered? Were heroes up at all hours of the night, reciting things they wanted to say to the people they thought were villains - the ones that they decided they were going to misunderstand, while saving their empathy for the ones they liked? Did they rehearse these quaint phrases, shouting 'line' to their spunky assistant and/or adoring partner whenever they forgot something? Between looking fresh-faced and beautiful for their fights with people like her and composing these little liturgies Zelena wondered how they got any rest at all. Or was it all spontaneous, coming to their heads like some sort of fountain of eternal bitchyness and eau de 'holier than thou'? At least kiddy Dorothy didn't make threats. The witch looked to the younger woman, considering her argument - genuinely, this time. She had a point. Zelena could've blocked the arrow easily, but that wasn't the detail that needed attention; she hadn't flown an arrow the Ozian had had to deflect. Maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe. If she was telling the truth, it was almost like they were going full circle. Kiddy Dorothy hadn't wanted to kill her either. Not that it had mattered, in the end - she had, in her adult years. Probably still did. Then again, she could join the club and go to the end of the queue on that. She wasn't the only person wanting Zelena dead anymore. There was a ticket system and a waiting room now on that front, complete with magazines and a vapid receptionist. "Camping." Zelena grimaced. "Of course you would like camping." Naturally. It sounded vaguely truthful, though, regardless of her own personal tastes. "I do not think it is against the law to protect myself, it is not?" "I've been trying to use that excuse for years, but take it for a spin." She looked to Dorothy, studying her. "Maybe you are telling the truth. There's no wolves in Storybrooke, though." She pulled a face almost to herself. "Unless you count people like me." What that would make the heroes she didn't know. Lambs? Speaking of which - Unnamed God, maybe she was right about the heroic speeches. She smiled, chuckling to herself. "I'm not going to compete with you over munchkins." She almost laughed - did laugh, for a moment genuinely amused. "They're munchkins, Dorothy. You think I care?" Munchkins! They were the most ridiculous group of people to ever live! Why Dorothy had gone to their aid she didn't know. Zelena couldn't care for them, personally. They couldn't give anything back in return. They couldn't reward Dorothy for her protection, couldn't give her anything she'd want. Yet there she'd been, their champion through thick and thin. God, it was just pitiful. The witch almost preferred being the villain in this particular story than being stuck fighting for anyone like the Munchkins. And besides, she was sure they would remember her just as much as they did Dorothy. The piles of ash they'd swept up following her every visit to the villages surely stuck in their little minds. The witch raised her arms in mock surrender for a moment, before letting them drop to hang by her sides. "I don't want to hurt you, Dorothy. Really, I don’t. I never did," she added coldly, "Until you decided to get in my way." Until she'd been the little replacement for her seat on the Sisterhood. Until she'd wormed her way into Glinda's affections. Until she'd whipped up the monkeys, protected the Scarecrow...the list went on. Zelena had needed her throne back in Oz - needed it, while she was preparing to take on Regina - and Dorothy had challenged all that. Now Dorothy wasn’t threatening anything. Or was she? There was this greater purpose she kept mentioning. Her expression subtly changed. That was unnerving. Maybe she could've believed what Dorothy was saying, but she wasn't saying why - and keeping back why she was doing what she was doing was making Zelena cautious. Why wasn't she not dodging arrows right now? What did Dorothy think was so important that people could die from it? It wasn't like the witch to be scared by what some do-gooder was saying but Dorothy had always wanted her dead, or unseated, or presumably something bad happening to her. To be honest Zelena had never sat her down and interviewed her about what would happen if Dorothy ever held the upper hand. She didn't....not yet. The fact was that, for once, they didn't have a land as large as Oz to fight each other in. Still, the thought that Dorothy was still unknown in Storybrooke, hadn't been in the town long...it meant she wouldn't be missed if anything happened to her. The thought occurred to her for a moment, lingering at the back of her mind like a quiet whisper of a suggestion. That was something that couldn't be left alone. "I can't help if I'm good at what I do," was her own glib response, rolling off her tongue automatically. No one appreciated talent in the dark arts, did they? But that wasn't the point. Monkeys weren't the point. "I'm telling the truth. I live here. But I wonder if I should trust you." An edge crept into her voice, and she reached behind her for the broom she'd left propped up by the tree. "If you don't want me dead, what do you want me for? I don't trust you to leave me alone. You never have - why would you now?" She took a step forward, pinning Dorothy with an intense gaze. "If you're not going to tell me what you want here in Storybrooke, maybe I'll just have to make you. Why aren't you trying to kill me?" ADD.: Dorothy Gale | WORDS: 1286 | NOTES: SORRY FOR LENGTH :C ♛ Ames xx
^
Dorothy Gale
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 09:20 PM

Wizard of Oz

Oz

Kay is online

30 years old / 17 posts

Dorothy glared at Zelena. Well, glare was not the right word for the how Dorothy stared at Zelena. Her gaze was hard. Her brow was furrowed and eyes crinkled into small slits. Eyebrows puckered inward and her lips pursed into a frown. Perhaps examining would be the best means to define her gaze. She had a tendency to gaze and to study others as she attempted to figure out what they were thinking or what they wanted. People, Dorothy learned from past experience, often had ulterior motives. It was wise to be wary. Letting one’s guard down was unwise, too. She’d done it once and had even fallen in love with that woman. But the fates intervened and she hadn’t seen her in years. She missed the woman and hoped to someday get back to Oz and find her. So it was wise to be careful. So she studied. She watched. She kept her secrets to herself. She worked alone for the most part. It was safer that way. She didn’t want to see anyone hurt on her mission for the shoes.

“I didn’t really choose the gingham. You know that, right? My aunt chose it. We had extra from the curtains she made,” Dorothy retorted, wrinkling up her nose. She didn’t really like the dress. But she had worn it dutifully. It was, after all, just about all she had at that time. Who was she to complain? It was warm. It kept her dry. It was easy to work the farm. “What does it matter who you liked better, anyway? I can’t go back to being that little girl. I don’t want to.” How had they even gotten to discussing which version of herself was better anyway? It was a futile discussion that was meant to fill the air – pointless because Dorothy could not change back time nor could she become that naive girl all over again.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other so that she was more firmly planted in her spot. She arched her shoulders backward far enough for her quiver’s strap to dig into her skin and she raised her head a little higher so that she seemed taller. Dorothy was not the tallest of women. She was definitely shorter than Zelena. But what she lacked in height, she made up for presence and determination. “Why are you so interested in me, Zelena? Why have you always been so intrigued by what I do?” she asked. “I did not ask for any of what I’ve been allotted. I didn’t want to be your enemy. I don’t know if you’re aware of that. I am not a lover of chaos and I don’t think you are either.”

Dorothy wasn’t cruel. She wasn’t vengeful. She wasn’t a murderer. She just wanted to protect her friends and the munchkins. “I really don’t know why you have a beef with me, Zelena. You attacked my friends. You attacked the munchkins. None of who tried to hurt you. Have you forgotten I even declined a seat at the witches table? Do you know why I did it? Did it ever occur to you? I knew you wanted it more than anything and I… I was a little girl who wanted to go home,” she continued, shaking her head a bit. “But home was never what it was chalked up and I knew I had to go back to Oz. It wasn’t because of you, but because of the munchkins. They needed me. They needed me far more than that farm back in Kansas. What did you have against the munchkins anyway? I never understood.”

“Yes, I was camping. It’s peaceful. It’s quiet. Look up, Zelena. Look up at the stars. Then, just close your eyes and just listen. There are crickets and owls and an even a wolf calling out,” she whispered the words and did those actions as she spoke. A true smile curled her lips upwards; the apples of her cheeks blossomed. “And you are wrong about Storybrooke’s wildlife. There are wolves. I saw the tracks the other night. They can be dangerous creatures if you’re not careful. So, yes, I was trying to protect myself. I don’t fancy being some beast’s dinner.

She lowered her head as Zelena laughed at the notion of munchkins. She huffed and glared at the red-head. How could Zelena be so heartless? “Yes, they are munchkins just like you and I are human. They are people who care and love. They are people with jobs and families. They have their own culture. They are remarkable beings with the gentlest of souls I have ever meet. You and I and all humans could learn from them. They are more human then you or I could ever think. They are what we should be. What do you have against them? They just want to live and work and enjoy their lives. They don’t want to live in fear. They don’t want to fight. They don’t ask for much, but you seem to be asking so much from them. Why? What did a munchkin ever do to you?” She had never seen a munchkin fight. They were a bit fearful to do so, anyway. It’s why she stepped in and tended to their protection needs. They deserved to have their homes, their jobs, their enjoyments, and their safety. At least that’s how she felt. She didn’t understand why Zelena didn’t feel the same way.

That phrasing was surprising. “Oh really? You don’t want to hurt me? That’s news. Ever since I came to Oz it seemed as if you were hell-bent to get me out of the way. I don’t know what I did except exist. I can’t help that. I was a child when we met. I wasn’t a threat. I never was,” Dorothy counted. “I was a child who did as she was told and it pleased others. Auntie Em taught me my manners and to respect my elders. She also taught me to stand up for those who need it. Neither of those things seems like bad reactions to the world.”

Dorothy could not help but notice the slight change in expression. It was small, but still notable enough. She’d learned long ago to look for the minute details because they could tell much about the situation. She was not quite sure the shift in Zelena’s demeanor though. What did the look mean? Dorothy knew her words were intriguing. Perhaps that was all it was – nothing more and nothing less. “Why are you interested in what I’m up to? Camping really isn’t interesting. Plus, shouldn’t my business be my own especially since it won’t hurt anyone? In fact, if I succeed I will help many. Isn’t that a good thing? Shouldn’t we work to help others?” Dorothy inquired with a little bit of a smile. She really did want those shoes in order to help others. Help finding them would be great, but asking Zelena seemed out of the question. She might want them for herself. It would not be the first time the two women fought over those magical shoes. Dorothy would much rather skip that dance this time around.

She rolled her eyes at the comment. “I can’t help it if I’m good at what I do, either. But my good helps others. Yours helps yourself. What do you think it would be like to help others? How do you think it would feel?” she said. “Okay. Forgive me for doubting you. Storybrooke just didn’t seem like your cup of tea. And I’m telling you the truth, too. Have I ever lied to you?” She couldn’t recall a time she lied. At the comment about what she wanted with Zelena, she shrugged. “Not to be killed or hurt. That’s what I want. I don’t think we could ever be in an alliance, but I think we could not hurt each other. As for leaving you alone, well… I don’t mean to butt into your business. It just happens. And as for not trying to kill you I really don’t want to. I don’t want any blood on my hands and I don’t want to hurt you. I still believe there is good in you, as foolish as that may sound.”

Zelena
PM
^
Zelena
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 02:31 PM
Zelena

is online

years old / N/A posts

.zmbox { width: 320px; background-color: #252628; padding: 20px 40px 40px 40px; }.zmlyr1 { font-family: la belle aurore; font-size: 25px; color: #7da26c ; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; }.zmlyr2 { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.zmmain { height: 200px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid #7da26c ; border-bottom: 1px solid #7da26c ; }.zmpb { height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding: 0 10px; line-height: 125%; color: #ccc; }.zmbb { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.tcred { text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; width: 400px; }.tcred a {font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 1px; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #7da26c; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; background-color: #252628; } and then, my prettyyou’ll have nothing Didn't she have a lot of questions. The which exhaled sharply. It was the first time they'd really met and had time for questions like this, she supposed - now that they weren't actually trying to kill each other for a change. But she wasn't here to answer questions. There was more on her mind, and the fact that they were having this conversation at all was suspicious. "I'm not going to answer those," she retorted, crossing her arms. "So don't bother. I want to know what that plan of yours is." All of that talk? It was a distraction, she was sure. Zelena was sure this was some kind of witch hunt, and the idea of Dorothy for once not being against her made her only feel that the girl obviously had something else up her sleeve. So she stood there, arms crossed and a skeptical look on her face as Dorothy clearly used all in her arsenal - from curtain chic, fashion-police-worthy pieces of clothing to pleads about how innocent she was. How innocent the Munchkins were. How innocent the whole bloody land was. God, this was tiresome. Why are you so interested? Oh come on. Like she didn't know. Zelena wasn't going to get pulled into some sort of debate when she was concerned about what Dorothy's purpose was in this land. This was all a distraction - an attempt to make her lower her guard. "Nice of you to notice that I'm not actually for chaos," she commented. But that was all she said. All of that bloody nature malarkey, the endless questions. Why on earth would Dorothy let her go in peace? Help many. Yes, she knew what that meant. With Zelena gone maybe it would help many. But there was one thing she couldn't let pass. "Yes, you were." She looked to Dorothy, incensed. "Yes you were a threat!” She was meant to end it there, but somehow she kept talking. Dorothy couldn’t be that clueless. “You always were!" Zelena jabbed a finger towards her chest and her face contorted. "I wanted the seat at the table. It was the only chance I ever had. Someone chose me. Chose," she emphasised. She was almost shaking. The bloody table! The bloody Sisterhood! "The first thing all to myself. Mine! Mine to have!"The words came out of nowhere. She really should stop by now. But she couldn’t stop. "I'd been told I was special and then you came along. Perfect little Dorothy! Another little girl with everything I never had. Living off other people’s cast offs!" She raised her hands, almost spitting out every word like venom. She smiled but it was mirthless and bitter. "Oh yes. I was foreseen in the Book of Records - until I wasn't. And Glinda loved the bloody book! Practically worshipped it regardless of what it’s true meaning was. She probably only took me on because she thought I was special and then thanks to you, thanks to some little girl from Kansas - " she dug her nails into her palms, "- Everything got taken away! I was nothing in the eyes of the Sisterhood. Nothing!" She looked to Dorothy, all the ugly jealousy coming out once again. Because it still lived, to an extent. It had always lived. Even now. But her eyes gleamed with moisture and her voice had a strained edge. It was more frustration than anger, now. It was all over, and there was nothing she could do. But it still hurt - just being cast aside as if she was worth nothing. "She told me to turn my back on Regina. Said I could have a new life as an actual Sister. But then you turned up. You were more innocent than me. More spunky. More everything. The people who rose me up just dumped me -" She stopped, her voice breaking. the words she'd said so many years ago echoing. Because they were the same now. Or...or where they? She gritted her teeth, forcing herself to pull herself together. She blinked rapidly, turning away out of almost embarrassment. She took a moment to recover. "I hope," she said softly, "You're telling the truth. I don't want to fight you. I've got enough on my mind." She looked to Dorothy and wrapped her arms around herself. "I want, and wanted, nothing to do with Oz.” She shook her head. "Did it occur to you for all of your moral sprouting that I always thought I was good?” She went to go on, only to stop herself, words dying on her tongue as she looked over Dorothy scornfully. “Not that you’d understand. But I suppose I'll just have to trust you." Always put on a good face. And she did, the armour shielding what for a moment had been revealed. "But don’t you dare proclaim ignorance. Innocence, but never ignorance of what happened back in Oz." ADD.: Dorothy Gale | WORDS: 822 | NOTES: ♛ Ames xx
^
Dorothy Gale
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 09:06 PM

Wizard of Oz

Oz

Kay is online

30 years old / 17 posts

Dorothy gawked at Zelena. What in the world was Zelena thinking? What was the older woman planning? She always seemed to be up to something and that something was often unpredictable. It made her a bit nervous. “Why do you have to be so stubborn Zelena? Why do you have to be so evasive? It does no one any good. Besides, if you don’t answer questions how can anyone trust you? This is a give or take world. If you don’t answer my questions why should I answer yours? Where is the logic in that, huh?” the young woman answered. “I am curious about you. I never understood you. I never understood what you wanted or didn’t want or why you always seemed to assume what I wanted. Why?” The mystique and the assumptions about her (Dorothy) were a bit infuriating at times.

With the sarcasm, Dorothy rolled her eyes. “Very funny, Zelena. You really could be a brilliant standup comedian. Did you know that? You have perfect timing,” she retorted. “You using such colorful retorts are a coping mechanism. I’ve noticed that over the years. When you are uncomfortable or displeased you turn to it with any response. It’s like a wall or a safety net.” At least that was what she assumed. She assumed it because it was her own coping mechanism. It worked well. It led to a reply to any sort of uncomfortable question and it allowed her to hide anything she didn’t feel comfortable sharing. It allowed her to keep parts of her soul hidden so as to not be hurt. It meant people couldn’t get close to her. If people got close she might lose them and Dorothy hated losing people. Sure, sarcasm could be infuriating, but at least it gave an answer. At least Dorothy didn’t merely grunt.

It seemed, though, that Dorothy had broken through the sarcasm and a bit of the wall. She triggered something in Zelena. At the outburst she raised an eyebrow all the while cocking her head to one side. “I was a child unwilling brought to a land I did not understand. All I wanted was to go home. I didn’t want that seat. I didn’t want to be part of the Sisterhood. I just wanted to go home. I just wanted my aunt and my uncle,” Dorothy explained, dropping the bow to the ground before crossing her arms over her chest.

She rolled her eyes. “You were no less special when I showed up. I have no affect on whether or not you are special. I was never special. I was just a little girl in a strange land. Yes, I was nice and I was kind and I was polite, but I wasn’t perfect. I just wanted to survive. I just wanted to get back home,” she said, not raising her voice. “Every day I searched for a way home. I found one and took it. Nothing stopped Glinda from inviting you back into the Sisterhood except you. Are you listening to your words, Zelena? Even now you were jealous of a nice farm girl who wanted nothing to do with magic or being powerful. You sought to destroy me and you destroyed yourself and your chances. Maybe if you hadn’t been swayed by your own thoughts things could have gone differently. Everything in life is a test. Everything has two choices. You do not have to be jealous of me or see me as some sort of threat, not if you don’t want to.”

“Well, I was a child, Zelena. I was nine or ten years old. Of course I was more innocent. I hadn’t seen much of what you had. So what if I was spunky or a little bit of everything? I lived on a farm with pigs! If I didn’t have a little extra knowhow I could have been trampled by a dozen of creatures weighing nearly 1,000 pound each. I don’t know about you, but the threat of 6,000 pounds squashing me is kind of terrifying,” Dorothy countered. She adapted to her surroundings. From the animals at the farm, she learned to be quick and sharp so as to not get herself killed. From her aunt, uncle, and the farmhands she learned to be kind and patient. From Zelena and the wilderness, she learned to be firm and cautious. “If I hadn’t chosen to be how I am, I could have gotten killed. You can choose who you want to be too.”

She shrugged at the comment. “Why would I lie? I have no use in lying. I have no use in fighting. I will defend myself, but would you expect anything less? I would defend you, too, even though I know that you would not offer me the same favor,” Dorothy assured Zelena. She thought about the question. “Mmm, perhaps you were. I did consider it. I also was very always very confused by your actions. I was always confused about your placed jealous. It seemed so weird. It still does. And I am not proclaiming ignorance or innocence. There is a difference in ignorance and confusion. Trust me I am confused about everything that went down in Oz. I don’t know how, in your mind, I became the enemy. I don’t want to be an enemy. I never did.”

Zelena
PM
^
Zelena
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 03:37 PM
Zelena

is online

years old / N/A posts

.zmbox { width: 320px; background-color: #252628; padding: 20px 40px 40px 40px; }.zmlyr1 { font-family: la belle aurore; font-size: 25px; color: #7da26c ; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; }.zmlyr2 { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.zmmain { height: 200px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid #7da26c ; border-bottom: 1px solid #7da26c ; }.zmpb { height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding: 0 10px; line-height: 125%; color: #ccc; }.zmbb { font-family: abel; font-size: 11px; color: #ccc; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; }.tcred { text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; width: 400px; }.tcred a {font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 1px; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #7da26c; }.zmpb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; background-color: #252628; } and then, my prettyyou’ll have nothingZelena just about managed to pull herself together. She hadn't intended to let go like that - and definitely not to Dorothy of all people. Talking about it brought it all back to her. All of the paranoia, all of the jealousy...all of the injustice. Everything, even though it was years ago, had suddenly leapt into vibrant colour. Almost like a rainbow. She was a full grown woman, she was in front of her archenemy and she was the Wicked Witch. God, she was better than this. Much, much better than this. But there were years of feuding and frustration at how this had escalated. "You'd defend me?" She looked to Dorothy incredulously, eyeing her bow. Dorothy would sooner put an arrow through her chest, she was sure. But she'd listened. She'd listened to what Dorothy had to say, and Zelena knew she couldn't win against this woman who would swear blind she'd done nothing wrong until the day she died. And..she wasn't sure...ten minutes ago she could've said that little problem could be arranged and that theory tested, but for now she just stood there. A little girl on a farm...she closed her eyes for a moment. "I was a child. I was a child." Shut up. I was young too. Younger than she looked and was. But it was true - Dorothy had been a girl. Zelena at least had been older than that...and oh, the witch was listening to her own words. She felt hollow. Tired. Pathetic. "Trust me I am confused about everything that went down in Oz." Zelena looked to her. "Confused?" It felt so odd to talk like this. She just stared. "You thought I - " She stopped. What had Dorothy thought? She seemed almost perplexed for a second - until the spell was broken. "Let me spell it out. You were special." Zelena's tone was brusque. "Don't say you weren't. That's the way prophecies work. You don't choose to be special. You are or you aren't. And when you are..." She shrugged pointlessly. "You push everyone out of the way. Even if you...you don't mean to." Two young women dragged to extremes and prepared to tear a realm apart all because another had thought one of them would hold the key to unseating the greatest evil that the realm has ever seen. They'd both been caught in the quagmire of would be and might be and should be and must not, for no reason other than they were born at the right time and sent to Oz at the very point when all of factors converged. "I bet no one told you about me, did they?" She almost laughed. "I didn't. Glinda didn't care." Zelena looked down at her hands and, in her mind's eye, saw green skin. "Look - my mother cast me aside." God, this sounded pathetic. She was old now, too old to make excuses. She said quickly, "I understand why now. I can forgive." That was pointed - barbed, to a comment Dorothy had never actually made. But she knew what they all thought of people like her. "That isn't the point. But I was still taken to Oz, just like you." And that was when she explained. She explained the spell, Rumplestiltskin, Regina. It was private but this girl didn't understand - and never would otherwise. The whys. The hows. The missing parts of the puzzle that must've seemed so confusing to Dorothy - out they came. Because somewhere the madness had to stop. Even she realised that. Maybe that message was sinking in.When she finished, her shoulders slumped. "I was just trying to find those ingredients to...make my mother keep me. You got in the way. The munchkins? Them too. And then you were so infuriating I - " She stopped, exhaled. "But we'll be here all day if we try to compare. Now you know. Safety net's off. It's not because I do any of this for fun." She sent a dark glance over to the broomstick. "Well, sometimes. And sometimes became always. And I made mistakes. I wanted to be happy, same as you. I thought going back in time would make me happy, but it didn't...go to plan." That was a whole other story. "That's it. That's all of it." She looked to Dorothy, confused. "I thought you knew who you were standing up against." What else didn't they know? ADD.: Dorothy Gale | WORDS: 726 | NOTES: ♛ Ames xx
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RP Lovers Top RP Sites

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine