Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What the hell, OPEN
John Constantine
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 05:37 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

John blinked a few times, his brain was having a hard time processing the new information he was seeing. One moment he had been on a roof top preparing to do battle against the demon Furcifer, everything was in place, the demon had shown up. At some point during the fight he felt himself falling backwards and then suddenly there was no longer ground beneath his feet. He had sat for several minutes looking up at the portal that had dropped him as it disappeared, and all that was left was a slowly darkening sky as day turned to dusk.

Suddenly realising the grass was a bit wet and starting to soak into his clothes, he stood up and looked around. He had to get back to his friends, but it didn't look like that was going to happen any time soon, and although he was no stranger to the idea of there being other worlds and realms, he knew he did not have what would be needed to summon a portal. Maybe his friends had been able to dispatch with the demon themselves, or maybe the demon just went on its merry way, he just hoped his friends weren't dead.

With no other idea what the hell he should do, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out what was thankfully a still half full pack of cigarettes. He lit one up and took a few deep breaths, ok, time to really figure shit out. He started walking, a graveyard, how pleasant. He didn't really trust graveyards, no telling what might be lurking, whether it be ghost, demon, beast or just some idiot looking to cause trouble.

tag @ OPEN // notes: When John first arrived in Storybrooke

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 06:04 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Dante stood alert some ways off from her camp, the small fire just enough to keep the chill of night off her, as Angus had once again moved to allow her to use him as a welcome bed. Fiona’s head rose from Merida’s lap as she too started to alert in the direction of the Graveyard, a small rise and some steps away. Merida had found that the best place to sleep under the stars had been the graveyard. The residents were quiet, and as far as she knew, no more of the living dead were shuffling about. But both dogs were quietly snuffing the air now, and even Angus seemed to tense behind her at some unseen occurrence over the rise.

“Och! Wha’ now ya wee beasties?” She asked the dogs as she pushed off from Angus, picking up her bow and two arrows from her quiver as she made her way up the rise to look down proper into the graveyard. Ahh, someone was down there probably paying respects to…no, that blasted swirling in the air. A new arrival. She narrowed her eyes as she pointed, Dante and Fiona heading out on a wide circle to come around to the other side of the newcomer. It wasn’t that Merida didn’t trust people innately, much like most of the folk from the Enchanted Forest seemed to – okay, yes it was. It was very much that Merida didn’t trust the influx of new people into the town, some of them arriving from far off places in the sky, and from lands that had worse than their normal woes. And it stood to reason that not everyone arriving would be “good” or not have a bone to pick with the biggest and the badest in town, and since one of her favorite people happened to be a mix of both, she was a bit protective. She saw the dogs move into position, before she rose to her feet and announced herself.

“Ain’t from around ‘ere, no?” She said rather loudly to the back of what she could now see was a male. Her bow was in hand, she could draw and have an arrow in his eye in a few moments if he started flinging magic all around the place. She wouldn’t like that, but there were good people here, and even if it wasn’t home, she wasn’t going to let some incomer cause problems for people who were still trying to figure out their own messes, let alone someone else's.

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 06:41 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Well, this was new, and coming from his realm that was saying something, since he'd been witness to all manners of creatures, superheroes, demons and even aliens. Looking at the woman in front of him he felt like he'd travelled back in time. Had someone done a time spell of some sorts, they were dangerous, but the girl here looked like someone out of the Scottish Highlands from a few hundred years ago. Or perhaps he was in some Norse realm, was that even a thing. One thing that he did not appear to be was worried about the arrow aimed at him. He just took another deep drag off his cig and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. He'd landed rather hard, good thing it was on a nice grassy surface.

"Did the flashing portal in the sky give that way, or the fact that I'm not dressed like a bloody Scottish Highlander. I'm not quite sure if I should be asking where I am or perhaps when I am. " He paused and took another drag on the cig, quite calm, not that he didn't fear death per se, but he really wasn't interested in dying by someone wielding a bow and arrow. "Mind pointing that arrow somewhere else love, you're likely to put someone's eye out if you're not too careful. Then it really would be helpful if you could tell me where the hell I am, because I really hope I didn't travel back in time, I'm much too attached to cold beer and indoor plumbing to go back in time."

He took another drag, his cig burning down very nearly to the filter, though it still had at least a couple of puffs on it, though he still hadn't introduced himself, though he wasn't sure how important his name was, if he was in some other time or realm, his name wouldn't do anyone any good, no one would know him.

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 07:02 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

“Look here ya tosser, I got half a mind ta put this through yer eye for such cheek. Bloody Sassanach ye are.” She spit on the ground, the word dirty in her mouth. What a bastard! She hadn’t even drawn the bow yet either! Oh and how little did he know. “Tha’ there portal, aye? Ya ain’t in Scotland, where that may be, no. Storybrooke, Maine. Now, how about ya kindly divulge which realm ya came from so I can git ye ta one who might ken yer mug. Och, you’re a right bastard, aye.” She didn’t know why he had made her so angry so quickly, but maybe it was the fact that she was bad at meeting new people. She had a rather rough meeting with the others of the town when she had first met them too, and she was beginning to wonder if it wasn’t just her being upset over not being able to get home any time soon…if ever. Her face was flushed red in anger as she stared at the man, her lips nearly curling back from her teeth as she tried to look threatening in case he was some sort of spell-chucker.

“Beer, aye, and an outhouse that ain’t no walk from the house, we have that here. Now, are ya a gammy wizard, demon or other some such that nonsense that requires me ta call me hounds on ya?” She whistled sharply as Fiona and Dante came stalking out from the shadows, the large deer hounds seemingly slinking forward from the shadows. They looked intimidating, but they were rather large lapdogs when it came down to it, and poor Fiona was the first to break, trotting forward and pushing her large head under the man’s hand, a small whine coming from her as she looked back at her master.

“Aww hell.” Merida cursed as she spat on the ground again, and then slung her bow so that the string was taught across her chest, the two arrows she had been holding tucked into her belt for the moment. She still had her dagger, in case Fiona was wrong, but she had never known her dogs to be wrong before. The beasties even liked the Dark One, which had been a good enough indication to her that he had changed – if they didn’t view him as a threat then he wasn’t one, at least not a large enough one that she wouldn’t be able to handle on her own. “Tha one’s Fiona,” she nodded back at the larger male. “And Dante. They seem ta think yer safe, so I trust tha.” Anger was quickly replaced with embarrassment as she looked the male over again. He wore clothing like they had in the town, so he was probably from a realm with no magic, right? “I’m Merida.” She added quickly, stalking the rest of the way down the hill to hold her hand out to him. “Some of the ones fallin from the portals arenae safe. I hav ta check.”

John Constantine

PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 07:42 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Well whoever this girl was, she had sass and sarcasm in spades, he rather admired that, if she hadn't had him at arrow point he'd have admired it even more. He took another drag on his cigarette and just sort of watched her yammer on with a rather amused smile on his face. Not that John was all that fluent in Scottish, in all honesty he found most Scots to be a tad incomprehensible, then again some could have said the same about him back when he was younger and had a much heavier Scouse accent, though years of travelled he'd managed to tone it down a bit. Bastard, yep that about summed him up quite nicely, she seemed to be an astute judge of character for only having just met him, but he did tend to rub off on people like that, from the very start of things.

"Now now love, flattery will get you everywhere on most days, but fraid today we'll have to leave the flirting to a minimum...." Yea so she wasn't flirting with him, but the whole tough act was kind of a turn on, or at least if he weren't in some other realm with his friends in danger where he'd just come from, he might feel differently. Granted he imagined the girl probably didn't see her words as anything but flirting, but John was a sucker for punishment. He took a final drag on his cigarette and then put it out on the grave stone that was closest to him, not seeming to have any reverence for the dead.

He was about to say more, but then one of the dogs had taken an interest in him, bloody hell. Not that he didn't mind animals, but he'd never been one for putting down roots, and generally having pets meant roots. He kind of grimaced slightly but then gave in and pet the dog's head a bit, sort of in an awkward 'there there' manner, like he didn't really know how to pet a dog, or maybe just didn't really care to pet the dog since he didn't know them or the girl. He sighed, damn he really needed another cigarette.

"Well your dogs like me apparently, don't tell me Dante is named after that bloody book Dante's Inferno, though I s'pose you might not even have that book where you're from." The dog didn't seem to want to leave him alone, he just sighed and kept petting it, it was growing on him and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. "Name's John, John Constantine, and I understand that, believe me I do, I fight bloody demons for a living, not always easy to trust in my line of work. Thing is, I was a bit busy when I fell through that portal fighting a demon that has been trying to kill a very dear friend of mine's daughter, someone i promised i would protect, and so being here isn't really very convenient for me right now."

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 12:11 AM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

“Inferno?” She questioned, her face masking a look of confusion as she filed the word away to look up later. She had been trying her best to learn the names of the things in the town, and she was certain that he didn’t mean inferno like an out of control fire. “Aye, rotten luck that.” She flipped her hand over checking to see if it was dirty, before swiping it across her dress a time or two, turning and whistling for Angus as she large horse came trotting into the graveyard. “Gammy witchcraft isnae takin’ us at opportune times, no. And I have more bad news for ya, John Constantine.” She rubbed Angus’ face as he bumped into her, the large horse snorting at the new person, Merida’s brow raising a bit at the action, before she pulled an apple from an inner pocket of her dress, feeding it to the horse.

“Them portals are a one way trip. Yer friends, I hope they can fight yer demon on their own, ‘cause there’s a big possibility yer not getting back any time quick.” She hated being the bearer of bad news, but she took some small delight in telling him since he obviously had a very high opinion of himself. Flirting, that was nae flirting, and the cheeky bastard as going to earn a slap if he called her love again. The man damn near radiated some sort of smarmy confidence that made even some of the clansmen back home seem tame in comparison, and she didn’t like that one bit. Merida realized that she wasn’t going to get her wish this evening – if the man fought demons and the like then it could be reasoned he was not there to start any trouble, she’d let Emma and the rest decide that thought – if he was here, then she was going to need to take him into the town because no one really wanted to be out in the middle of the forest behind the graveyard if they were used to the indoor outhouse. Toilets, she reminded herself, having learned that word last week.

She suddenly felt bad for the man, remembering how upset she was when she found herself back here for the second time. She had screamed, but Hook had been there, had smiled and been charming in his pirate way. Dante had trusted him, and she was starting to rely on the dogs and Angus more and more as new people seemed to be arriving daily. She tried to keep away from it all, her temper was too much for most people, but John here had thought she had been flirting. What sort of place was he from that an angry woman yelling at you was considered flirting. Fiona finally came to stand next to Merida, a small whine rising from the deerhound as Dante padded closer and sniffed at John’s coat in a curious fashion. “Come on then, I’ll ride ya ta town, beer is there, aye, and food, and probably a room where ya can sleep.” And as soon as she handed him off to the normal contingency of folk who normally dealt with the incomers, she’d make her way back out to the forest to sleep under the stars for as long as she could, not content to spend too much time in the town yet, as she herself still hadn’t come to terms with the “there’s no real way home unless you want to start jumping in portals and hoping for the best”.

She swung up on Angus’ back and then put a hand down to him, to help him up. Reason told her that it was silly to help a man on a horse, he should be able to get his own damn self-up, but if he was from a realm that horseback wasn’t the mode of transportation, but the cars – she was pleased she remembered the word for the horseless carriages – and other means, then he might not have a clue on how to swing up on horse back behind an already seated rider. She could only hope for the best. “Come on now, I dinae have all night ta wait on ya.” Even riding into the town, it’d take several minutes to get to the tavern – diner! It’s called a diner! – and get someone there who was more familiar with the ways and workings of his realm. Och, and she had just about been asleep too!

John Constantine

PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 08:21 AM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Bloody hell, John was going to need another cigarette. He sighed and fished in his pocket for the crumpled half-pack and fished one out, holding it loosely in his lips as he lit it up and took a long hard first drag. Stuck, well he couldn't say he was all that shocked really. He might not have ever taken any trips through portals in the past, but he knew enough about magic to know that the bloody things weren't supposed to just open up out of the blue sucking people in. That could mean only one thing, something was wrong, somewhere, somehow, with magic. The girl didn't even seem shocked about portals dropping people, she seemed to expect it, which also pointed to a bigger problem somewhere. He knew there was no point in getting worked up, in getting angry. He felt fairly certain that before getting sucked into the portal the exorcism was nearly complete, his friends easily could have finished the job if they kept focusing on the demon and not John disappearing. He wondered if he'd ever find out.........

"Well isn't this a right cock up, well I suppose on the bright side you aren't the shoot first and ask questions later sort, last thing I need right now is any extra holes where they don't belong." He had to admit, he admired a girl who could handle her own, and there was something almost sexy about the whole Scottish vibe she had going on with the bow and arrows and the red hair. If he wasn't quite so disoriented and in a pisser of a mood he'd probably put more effort into flirting. Granted sometimes the flirt just oozed off of him, along with the snark and sarcasm.

He definitely could go for a pint, maybe even something stronger since he had a headache coming on. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but there was no point standing around sulking. He nodded, gave Fiona one last head scratch and moved to follow Merida in the direction of the town. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised that his life had just taken another complicated turn, could anything ever just be easy in his life, apparently not. His cig was already half gone, he hadn't flicked the ashes in awhile, so it was just hanging loosely in his lips at the moment, the tip of the cigarette hanging precariously, the red glow of the burning embers getting more pronounced as the sky got darker.

"Lead the way than love, a pint sounds pretty good right about now."
As they walked he kept up the conversation a bit. "So, this place has beer, food and shelter, what else does it have. I've never been much for realm hopping. Heard of portals and all in my line of work it does well to know and study all sorts of magic. Never seemed like something I cared to bother with before. Maybe I should have paid more attention after all." Realms, in his line of work he had enough to worry about in his own realm with demons, aliens and all sorts of villains, he hardly had time to go off on holidays to other realms.

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 09:34 AM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida’s face went bright red with his comment – it wasn’t a bit of slang that she had heard before so her immediate thoughts were not what the phrase actually meant, and then his comment about shooting him. To prove a point, she quickly pulled the bow, nocked an arrow and shot at the cigarette he had put out on the gravestone, the shot so close that the parabolic veins of white feather even swept the ash off the top of the stone as it screamed past, pinning the butt to the soft earth on the other side of the stone. She arched an eyebrow at him, before slinging the bow back across her chest and sliding off Angus’ back, taking his reins in hand. Fiona and Dante darted around Angus’ legs when her feet hit soft earth, her face set in a disapproving frown as she glared up at him from her shorter stature.

“If I wanted ya to have holes in ya, ya would. And tha was rude ta the dead.” The man was infuriating and she couldn’t figure out what ever it was that made her so angry at him. Probably because she now thought she was in sore need of a bath since he had refused the offer of her hand twice. Maybe people where he was from didn’t touch one another. That was a strange concept, but then again, he had thought she was from the past at first, maybe he was from a realm that was further advanced that here even, and a lot of realms had weird rules. Maybe it was his disregard for the grave marker. She stalked around to grab the arrow from the ground, knowing the point was still sharp and could be used again. Steel into the loamy ground of the grave yard wasn’t enough to dull the point. She tucked the arrow back under her belt after she had checked the shaft and veins that it was still workable. She used the excuse to make sure that her hands were in fact clean, they were, and that she didn’t stink, she didn’t. She smelled of earth, and pine, and heather – and anyone who didn’t like the smell of earth was a right bastard anyway. She returned to Angus’ reins, taking them back in hand as she turned to swing back up on the massive horse’s back once more. That was, until he called her love again.

Merida’s hand was in flight before she could stop herself, opting for an open palm instead of a fist, as the pet name “love” passed his lips once again – all that rage started to bubble up once again. “Now look here bastard, I ain’t yer sweetie, nae yer love, I am Queen Merida of DunBroch and I am about two seconds from gagging ya and dragging ya into town by rope whut with all this cheek from ya!” She stomped her foot, the red flush of skin clearly visible across her chest and up her face as she continued to glare at him. “Now, unless ya wanna walk or be dragged ta town, I suggest ya come on, get on the bloody horse, and lemme take ya ta the town, or I can leave ya here on yer own, and ya can find yer own way.” Actually, that was beginning to sound like the better option. Far better indeed. “Bloody right bastard fallin’ out o’tha skies…”

She stalked off over the short rise to go put out the small camp fire she had been sitting at before the portal, scuffing the flame easily with her boot as she lifted her skirts up to her knees to make sure they’d not catch on fire too. She was cursing the entire time, under her breath as she wrapped her tartan shawl around her head and shoulders as she fastened her quiver to her belt, sliding her earlier two arrows back in among their brothers. Bloody bastard with his smug smarm. Bloody bastard that didn’t back off her anger. Bloody bastard who was actually an incomer and she really did need to work on getting him back to town. She stomped the ground and growled out her frustration before stalking back over the rise to where she had left him with the horse and dogs. Angus wouldn’t budge without her, so she had been quite certain that they all four would be right where she left them.

John Constantine

PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 01:18 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Horses, ugh. John didn't trust horses, didn't like the way they smelled, didn't like the way they looked at him, didn't way the odd noise they made when they ate, nope, John didn't like one thing about horses. He sighed and stared over at the beast, a look of clear distrust on his face, like it was some ugly monster that might bite him if he got too close. It certainly wasn't that he didn't trust Merida or that he didn't want to be close to her, she was a pretty lass and he did like the pretty ones. He looked down at the horse's head as it went about doing whatever horses do when they are just standing around, minding its own business.

"Not that I don't trust you, but horses and I don't really get on well, I think they can smell the fear and disgust oozing of me." The horse shifted slightly towards John and so he stepped back rather suddenly, trying to keep a reasonable distance in between himself and the horse. Granted he definitely didn't want to be dragged to town, and at this point he didn't even know how far town was, perhaps riding on the horse behind her would be quicker, ugh. He sighed and took a few long drags on the cigarette, wherever this town was, he sure as bloody hell hoped that they had cigarettes, because his pack was almost gone.

"OK, fine fine, I'll ride on the bloody horse with you if it'll make you happy, I sure as hell don't want to be dragged behind the bloody beast.........."
Bloody hell, could this day get any worse, wait, he probably shouldn't have thoughts like that, with his luck it could and most certainly good get a lot worse.

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 07:43 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida slapped her forehead with the open hand that had been meant to smack him, and then drug it down her face, sighing in exhaustion at the man. This was what trying to be nice to someone was earning her. A much larger headache that she cared for, and besides that, a waste of her night and sleeping time. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself down enough that she wasn’t tempted to just knock him out with a good punch and drag him over Angus’ rump into town. It would make things far easier for her, and she could just drop him off with the proper people needed to take care of him.

He didn’t like horses, did he? Flora and Dante seemed to like him enough, and Angus hadn’t tried to bite him yet so that was a good time. Forget it, it would take too much time to get him on the horse and the walk would do her good. “Follow me, since you don’t like Angus, he’ll probably not like you on his back.” She took off in the direction of town, getting a good bit down the row of the graveyard towards the road before she turned to look and see if he was following. “He’s not a bloody beast, his name is Angus.” She finally gave up on looking to see if he was following and started off towards the town again. It would take them longer to get there on foot, but at least he wouldn’t complain the whole way, and his smoke didn’t smell good to her. She didn’t want her traveling tartan to smell like it after. Pipe smoke smelled so much better.

“Most people here know magic, so it’ll be best if you do have bad intentions to just forget them now.” She continued talking, not knowing if he was behind her or not, it made it easier to talk when she wasn’t looking at him, especially since she hadn’t actually spoke in more than a week, having spent the large majority of her time out in the woods. Her first trip into town when she arrived had made her wary of going back. Too many things had changed, and too many people couldn’t be reconciled in her mind for her to trust them yet. Eventually she would return to the town for good, but for now, she was better off on her own.

“Many will ask you several questions and suss you out, so better be ready for that.” She had no idea why she was warning him about everything, he was an adult, he could take care of himself. Of course, part of that was that she was certain he knew nothing about the place he had arrived in. Her first time hadn’t been the best either. “Granny’s should have a room you could stay in, and there’s a store in town where you’ll be able to find most of whatever you need.” She stopped, finally looking behind herself to see if he had been following or if she had been talking to herself this whole time.

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 11:53 AM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

John sort of just shrugged and started following Merida, he tried not to act too happy about not having to get on the horse. He was sure her horse was a great horse, as far as horses went, but John was a city kinda bloke, and in the modern world you didn't really see horses around cities as much. Sure you'd see them here or there pulling a carriage or with a copper riding a top them, but that was about it. He'd probably feel the same way about cows, donkeys and other rather large four legged beasts that stood taller than him, but there weren't any cows or donkeys around right now, it was just the bloody horse of Merida's whose name was apparently Angus, how very Scottish sounding. He rather liked the large dogs though, not that John had ever really been much of a pet person, but dogs were loyal and these dogs seemed well trained and very loyal to Merida. He always admired anyone who could train their dogs so well, John had never had a pet but he imagined that he'd have a hard time just potty training a pet, let alone the cute commands of like sit, stay, roll over and such.

Bad intentions?, he suddenly focused back on what the red head was spewing on about, bad intentions, seriously how could he bloody well have any intentions considering he'd never meant to end up in this place, whatever this place was. He absolutely did not want to be here and was quite keen on getting back just as soon as he could find someone to help him make a portal. Just his luck, all those years studying magic and he'd never bothered with magic on portals, never imagined it would end up relevant to something he'd need to know how to do.

"Well, I guess than it's fortunate I don't have any intentions besides finding someone in this bloody place that can hopefully portal me back to where I belong, you see I've left some friends in a bit of a sticky situation, friends that need me, friends that may die if i don't get back........." The longer time passed, the more he imagined that whatever was happening back on that roof top, either hopefully his ritual had worked and the demon was sent back to hell, or his friends had managed it themselves without him, because he sensed he wouldn't be getting back any time soon, at least not in the next few crucial hours that would make the most difference for him getting back home. He sighed and once his cigarette was down to the last drag, he flicked it a few feet in front of him and made sure to step on it as he walked past, so that it was completely out, no embers, after all starting a fire on his first night in the strange new town wasn't a way to greet people.

"Granny's, is she your grandmother? What does she run some sort of Inn? You lot here seem to have quite the routine for people that came through portals, does that happen often?" As they moved beyond the graveyard John could finally get a glimpse of the town beyond, looked like a normal small town from his world, they even seemed to have electricity here since he could see lights in the distance, he could even see some vehicles parked on the side of the roads further down. Though he didn't quite understand if this was such a modern looking town, then why was Merida riding a horse, camping by a fire and wearing clothes that looked like something he'd expect to see at a Renaissance fair. "Well, at least this place has electricity, the way you we dressed I thought maybe I'd arrived in the dark ages."

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 07:30 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

“Already told ya, ya are no getting back. Least not till someone figures it oot, them portals.” Merida muttered as she started to walk again, sure now that he was following. What would have taken four minutes on horseback was turning into a rather long walk, one that had her surprised for the most part. Flora and Dante trotted off ahead, loving the interesting smells that the town held, and the promise of a treat if they begged from the right hands. But the two made good on their purpose, swinging a wide arc out from John and her, checking in all directions for any unseen bad that may be coming to them, or hiding in the deep shadows of night. Merida rubbed the back of her head as he continued to talk.

“Nae, she no mah gran. Just called tha by all.” As he continued she nodded her head, actually starting to feel a bit more comfortable as he talked. The dogs had been alright with him, so he assumed that he was okay for now, and he had assured her that he had no intentions of causing havoc in the town. Her own immediate gut feeling that he was a special type of danger was easing, but the thought didn’t leave her. He was a special kind of trouble and probably the type she wouldn’t want anything to do with. As soon as he was in the careful hands of the town, she would come back out to the woods. Even knowing now that what she had experienced and known before being brought back here, she still wasn’t quite ready to face that she was trapped. Let alone people that had done things that had made her question her own sanity.

Merida felt like an ass. Rude from the go to him, and while he was cheeky, he hadn’t exactly been rude to her. She should have been nicer. “Aye, she has a….bed and breakfast? I think they’re called here.” She supplied finally, thinking over his next question. “Fair regular. Ah'd say at least one or two every couple a’days, ifnae more. Ah hav’ no ben ta town lately.” She left it at that. He didn’t need to know all the troubles she was dealing with on her own, he probably wouldn’t even care. He had friends and loved ones that he had been ripped from too, something she knew all about. “Nae, ah come from a place tha isnae like here, older, ah think ya call it.”

Merida slowed some as they drew closer to the town, not because she was tired, she could walk a great deal faster and further, even run if she had to, but as they walked she realized that in the past few minutes she had talked more to a stranger than she had any of the people she knew from the town. Maybe it was because she didn’t know him. No, it was because he wasn’t from here. Didn’t have any knowledge of her or where she had come from, or what she was going through. He wasn’t telling her everything was going to be fine, that her brothers would be fine on their own – he probably wouldn’t even care about that, and Merida was fine with that. He was talking to her like she was a human who’d drawn a bow on him, even if she hadn’t knocked and drew arrow to him. A small chuckle rose up then, as she shook her head.

“Ah've no taken on modern-ish clothing yet. Ah'd have to be in town longer than a couple a’minutes at a time ta do tha.” She was already starting to yearn for the quietness of the woods again, but she was going to see him to the diner at least. At least she could do that for him. Dante and Flora darted in front of them, a couple feet ahead, changing sides as they continued their sweep as Angus trotted happily beside her, being lead along by his bridle. She’d ride back out into the woods later and curl back up under the stars happy…soon. She had slowed more she noticed, as the first traces of the town were upon them, and the dog’s claws started to click on the side walk instead of digging into soft ground.

“We’ll be there soon enough, John Constantine. And if ya find a way ta get back, come tell a lass so she can find her way back too, aye?”

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 04:23 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

Merida kept saying there was no going back, like he was indefinitely stuck in this random little town, but his brain just was still in denial. Of course it didn't help that he was also exhausted from the last couple of days demon tracking, trying to help his best friend's daughter like he promised he would do. Now, now he wasn't even sure if he'd succeeded, if she was safe, had his friends finished the ritual, were they all dead. Damn it, John did not like feeling this not in control of his life. It was bad enough his life was usually a giant chaotic roller coaster, but this, this here felt like more than he could really handle.

He just shrugged and grunted a half arsed acknowledgement, yea yea, no going back, he'd heard her the first time, he just didn't want to believe her. Not that he could tell her that, she probably heard this a lot if others were ending up here the same way he had, being swallowed up by portals opening up in the middle of nowhere, just sucking them in. She hadn't even seemed all that shocked about some bloke appearing from a big portal, so it must be something normal around here. Still, he wanted to hear that from someone who actually knew magic eventually, until then he just resigned himself in following the fiery red head, he did his best to keep up with her, since the last thing he wanted was for her to get tired and decide to drag him behind the horse for laughs.

"Well, I'm sure where or when-ever you're from love is just lovely, but I'm quite happy about being in a time that will hopefully have electricity, cold beer, cigarettes and soft beds, oh and indoor plumbing would be a plus, not that I have anything against finding a tree, but just the same, there are some things better done behind closed doors in comfort and privacy." Of course he was talking about going 'number twos' not that he was crass enough to say that out loud, he could be a jackass at times, but he did have a bit of a filter on his mouth, as small as it was. He paused as they walked and he looked her up and down a moment, then smiled and shook his head slightly as he took the last drag on the cigarette he had in his mouth and then flicked it away, making sure to step on it as he walked by so that the ember went out. "Though, the clothing where you're from is quite flattering, looks rather fetching on you. The green really brings out your hair."

They walked a bit further and John was beginning to really feel how tired he was, he'd been so extra vigilant the last few days, hardly sleeping, hardly eating, now it was all crashing down on top of him. He rubbed the back of his neck and grabbed at his cigarettes, only had a few left, but at least now he felt confident that he'd more than likely be able to get more in this town. He slipped one out, lit it, took a long drag. Well, whomever in this town usually spoke to newcomers, it was late, and he didn't imagine they were eager to talk to someone new tonight, and it wasn't as if he was going to try and cause problems, he just wasn't that sort, even if he didn't see himself as a hero. What he really needed was a drink, or two, or ten.

"So as late as it is, I imagine these people that would need to speak to me aren't exactly in the office, does this Granny's you spoke of cell beer? It's been a long few days, and that portal trip wasn't exactly relaxing, I could really go for a pint right about now. My treat."

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Merida
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 07:01 PM

N/A

Enchanted Forest

Sedation is online

N/A years old / 20 posts

Merida raised one red brow as she swept a hand down the crushed velvet of her dress. The emerald was a color her mother had always favored on her, and like he said, it did have a tendency to bring out the reddish-gold of her hair. She had a sky blue one packed in Angus’ saddlebag – something had had gotten into the habit of doing when she went running out across the country side back home. Take an extra change of clothes because you never know who is going to be waiting for you at the castle when you come back – and woe be if you come back covered in mud and trail dust. She chose to let the comment pass, it wasn’t really a bad thing, him complimenting her. He was new to town after all, he’d figure out soon enough that she had a wicked temper and learn to give her wide enough berth when she did make her way into the more populated areas.

She rolled her eyes as she heard the town clock chime the hour and then his comment. ”Ya be right ‘bout tha. Emma and the others willnae be round till tha mornin’.” And Granny’s was going to be closed now too. ”Shite. I dinae think bout tha.” She stared over at the closed diner, groaning and then stamping her foot. ”I hate this shite.. I really do.” She thought about his offer of beer, which she was certain was ale. Ale would be good about now too. She knew there was a bar a little bit further into town that would be open at this time of night. It’d be open well into the night, which was about the best she was going to be able to do as far as alcohol. After that, well after that he was on his own. Plus, there was the added bonus that he offered to pay. Free ale was always the best ale.

”There’s a bar, right up tha rode here, they’ll have beer and whiskey, and yer...” She paused, motioning to his cigarettes. She didn’t know the word for them yet, the best she could figure was miniature pipe, but she knew that wasn’t right. ”What e’er those are.” Merida finally finished, still walking down the middle of the street. She wasn’t on horseback, she really should move to the edge of the roadway in case any of those crazy horseless buggies started to come down the road. ‘Car.’ She reminded herself harshly. They were called cars, for goodness sake. Shaking her head, she chucked at herself. She really needed to start remembering these words sooner, especially if she was going to be trapped here in a realm where all these things were normal.

”Not quite sure o’tha name o’tha place, but I ken its right up here a bit. They’ll have food too, I reckon. Not anything too fillin’, but enough ta take the edge off if yer hungry.” She fell silent as the approached the bar, the clomp of Angus’ shoed hooves on pavement one of the only sounds in the late night, underscored by the thump of music from the bar, and the chatter of glasses being stacked. She let go of Angus’ reins and let him wander to a grassy patch to munch to his content. She threw a hand out to release Flora and Dante from their duty of scouting and the pair ran off to play around before they’d come back to sit by the door and wait for her to return. Merida looked up at the sign above the door and shook her head. What a name. Rolling her eyes a bit, she looked back over her shoulder to him.

”This is the place.”

John Constantine
PMEmail
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 05:08 PM

Constantine

Sector 2814

Bach is online

34 years old / 23 posts

As they stood outside the clearly closed Granny's, John wasn't exactly surprised, somehow a place named 'Granny's' just didn't sound like the sort of place that would be open at all hours of the night. Then again maybe he only thought that because typically any time someone referenced grandparents or elderly, one had the images of people retired, playing shuffle board and going to bed before the sun was down. Of course he had no idea why the place was called Granny's or if a grandmother ran the place, he just wanted something to drink and to really just wrap his head around everything going on. He was out of the frying pan, but he still wasn't sure what he was in. So far the red head Merida seemed nice enough, and the town seemed quiet, so it wasn't as if he'd been tossed into the fire, but that didn't make him worry about his friends back home any less, and he desperately needed to get them out of his mind before he went stir crazy, considering at the moment there was clearly nothing he could do to get back to them.

"Ah, well beer and whiskey both sound brilliant to me, you just lead the way love, I promise I won't stray......." What was that saying his friend had taught him, beer before liquor never sicker, liquor before beer in the clear. Well, it was all the same to him, but he didn't need to go off getting pissed and sick in a strange new realm on his first night, he'd start with a couple of shots of whiskey and chase them down with a pint o' the good stuff. He followed her along, staying closer to the dogs than the horse but keeping up just the same. Seemed an odd sight really, girl dressed like Merida was, with two big ol' dogs and a horse trotting along beside her through a town that appeared to be as modern as where he was from.

He nodded, food would probably be a good idea, best not to drink on an empty stomach, though that wasn't a strict rule with him but eating would curb the potential hangover the next morning at least a bit.

"Ah well I did work up quite the appetite trying to exercise the demon I was fighting before the portal swallowed me up, could really go for a bacon butty, or perhaps some fish n' chips, though I doubt they have a proper chippy around here, but I'm used to settling for crappy American food so, no loss there..........." He shrugged and then noticed she'd seemed confused about his cigarette, though in all fairness back in London he'd have called it a fag, but he found out early on that using that term across the pond got some not so happy comments and stares due to the language difference. "Ah, well this here is a cigarette, bit like a smaller version of a cigar, some people call it a ciggy, across the pond we call it a fag, but don't call them that on this side of the pond love, some won't take too kindly to that word being used. If you're from an, older time, or less technologically advanced place or whatever the bloody proper term is for where you come from, blokes over there might smoke this out of pipes, it has tobacco in it, a sort of dried plant that can be smoked."

John shrugged and when they got to the place he raised an eyebrow at the name, Rabbit Hole, what the bloody hell kind of name was that. Not that he hadn't heard his fair share of funny bar and tavern names, London had more than its fare share of odd names, but this name just sounded like either a really bad pun or a distasteful joke of some sort. Presuming that the establishment didn't allow smoking inside, he finished up the last couple of puffs while Merida got her dogs and horse in order and then opened the door for her. John might be a jackass most days, but he wasn't a complete loser, he figured he could at least be polite enough to get the door for her, not that she seemed the type to need a bloke to do that.

"After you love, so, what'll you be having, whiskey? I think I'll start with a double shot of whiskey with a pine of whatever's on top to chase it down with........" Once they got to the bar he pulled out a couple of wrinkled looking twenties out of his pocket and slid them across the bar.

Merida

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine