New Poll

Not In Kansas Anymore, Tag;; Amanda
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 11:47 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

The day had started out well enough. He had wandered off to meet up with Amanda for a nice, romantic dinner and, while he had been very nervous, he had been anticipating a good evening. He never would have thought that all those weird rumors would actually come into play while he was with her. There were rumblings around town about how portals were appearing randomly, sucking people into various other worlds without warning. Some people found their ways back home, but others were apparently trapped in new, unwanted homes. Something he could relate to, at least.

But he hadn't fallen through a random portal- he had walked through a stargate. A stargate that had, apparently, crossed paths with one of these portals and had planted him somewhere entirely new. Still, he couldn't really believe that magic was responsible for everything.

There had to be something more scientific to blame than that.

So it had come as a bit of a shock to him to have a first-hand experience with magic. With portals, in fact. He had just picked Amanda up and had been walking together when, out of nowhere, this purple vortex had just appeared under his feet. Before he could react, he found himself suddenly falling, and though he could do nothing about it, he knew Amanda had been falling along with him. There was no way he could push her out of the way or attempt to save her. It was already too late for that.

It had all happened so quickly, it was over before he had been given a chance to even think about things.

When next he woke, he found himself lying in a field of grass, not a building in sight. It felt like they must have fallen from quite a height, as his whole body moaned in protest as he pushed himself up from the ground. He groaned and moved a hand to his forehead, wincing slightly as his fingers brushed a cut running along his scalp.

Pulling his fingers back, he observed the blood on his hands. Thankfully, it didn't seem like a large cut, and he had probably obtained it hitting a rock or something when he'd landed.

With no other apparent injuries, he got himself to his feet, panic quickly striking him as he remembered that he wasn't the only person who had landed in a strange place.

"Mandy?!" He all but screamed, looking around the clearing frantically. "Mandy!"

Amanda Perry
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 10:55 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

They were doing it, it was really happening, a romantic evening with the man she loved, with the man she had never imagined she'd see again, let alone be with him and have a body not confined to a chair. No computers, no chairs, no help to breathe, no one having to feed her, not being in someone else's body, just her and Nick.

Things seemed to be going well at first, she had worn a nice flower print flowy knew length dress that she had borrowed from Lorelai. It was a nice evening, cool but not too cold. She certainly had imagined expectations for this evening, ways it could end, what would they talk about, but one thing she had certainly not imagined was being sucked into a portal while walking down Main Street.

Granted, it shouldn't have been a complete shock, it wasn't as if the town wasn't accustomed to portals opening up all over depositing lost and confused people into the town, but it had never crossed her mind that it could go the other way as well, to take people from Storybrooke and deposit them into yet another realm.

She yelped out in shock and surprise, but before she could do anything else they were falling through the portal. For a few moments it felt like they were falling forever, like it might never end, but eventually she felt the ground meeting her quite violently. Though she had been spared a knock to the head, Nick was unconscious. Amanda's foot hurt, from where she had landed a bit awkwardly on it, she suspected it might be sprained, but for now she was focused on Nick. He was breathing steadily, his pulse beating if not a bit erratic, but definitely alive.

She had no idea where they were, but she didn't see anything resembling buildings, just a forests in the distance, mountains, but nothing like where they had come from. She couldn't wake him up, so she decided to explore over the top of a hill not far from where they had landed. She figured she could get a more clear picture of what was around from a higher vantage point. There were some large boulders on the top of the hill, nothing as massive as the place called Stonehenge where she was from, but fairly big.

She was up there looking around when she heard Nick frantically calling, she hobbled over and looked down the side of the hill.

"Up here......" She called down, it wasn't a very large hill, or that steep, but they were probably a good fifty meters apart.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 12:13 AM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Rush whipped his head towards her voice when it broke the air, the man's gaze coming to rest on the woman. Thank god for that- he had been worried that he wouldn't get to see her again. That maybe they had both been sent to different places, or something had happened and she hadn't survived the trip. Seeing her alive got his heart beating again, as he was pretty sure it had stopped in his fright over potentially having lost her.

However, his joy over seeing her was short lived: she was limping.

"Mandy!" He gasped again, apparently capable of saying only one thing for the time being. He quickly made his way up the hill to join her, making short work of the trek up the grassy area. Without hesitating, he moved himself towards her, moving a hand instantly to the side of the chest in case she wanted the support. His other hand went to her cheek, his thumb brushing over her soft skin as his desperate eyes searched her face for injury before moving down to examine the rest of her body.

"Are you alright?" He said, finally breaking his inability to say more than just her name, "your foot- is it hurting you? You should sit down. Let me see it." Not that he was anything remotely close to a doctor beyond having a doctorate. When it came to the human sciences, he was not no better than anyone else. Give him math over anatomy any day. Still, he wanted to help her, even if he wasn't sure what to do. The pounding headache bouncing his brain around wasn't helping things much, either, but he knew it would pass.

His head had met the ground before the rest of his body- that was bound to give someone a headache. At least it hadn't been worse. He knew he couldn't feel any other injuries to be concerned about on his own body. However, there could still be something wrong with Mandy that he just couldn't see.

Still, in spite of all his worry, he managed to look away from her for a moment. Just long enough to look around the area around them.

"Where... where are we?" He asked, though he knew she had no answers for him. He doubted she had been the one responsible for sending them to this strange place.

But he was going to be the one to find them a way back- he had to.

Amanda Perry
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 09:44 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

She smiled, it was cute seeing Nick worried about her, granted she'd find it far more amusing had they not just been sucked into a wayward portal. It was a different experience for her, since that hadn't been how she left the Underworld. Her trip from the Underworld to the land of the living had been far less violent. It made her wonder if that's how Nick had come into Storybrooke, violently through a portal like that, had it felt like that, had he been injured.

"Nick, I'm fine, I think I jut twisted it a bit when we fell through, it's not broken, sprained at most but I'll be fine." In some ways it felt good to have such a minor injury, at least she could feel, after spending most of her life stuck in a wheelchair, feeling anything some times felt good.

She looked where he was looking, not that climbing up here had helped much, she didn't see any tall buildings in the distance or anything that resembled technology. Though by the looks of the sun they only had a few more hours of daylight.

"I don't see anything resembling technology, but I have no idea what realm this is, obviously not Storybrooke, I mean a portal wouldn't drop us in the same realm but a different location would it? And I have no idea how many realms there actually are. I've heard of a few from some of the people I've spoken to, but who knows how many there actually are." She shrugged and leaned on him for support so that she could take some weight off her left ankle.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 12:33 AM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Rush frowned. He was not what one would consider an "outdoor person". He was the kind of guy who spent his days locked in a lab or office, working away on his various algorithms, theories and problems. There was always something science-y that could be done, and he was more than willing to be the one to do it if it meant putting off associating with the real world just a little bit longer. He couldn't remember the last time he had been camping.

About the only outdoor time he'd gotten recently was on the Destiny, when they explored other planets, and even then it was usually only for a few hours at a time before they needed to get back to the ship. He hadn't been on a planet over night, save for the one he had been abandoned on by Young. And even then, there'd been a spaceship to hide in.

Not that it had worked out for him to do so in the end, but the point remained- he didn't know the first thing about surviving in the wilderness, and he doubted someone who spent her life confined to a chair knew much more than he did. That meant they were both likely in a good deal of trouble.

"We... we need to find some kind of village or something. I can't see anything from here either, but that doesn't mean there's nothing out there. Perhaps a road or something." He sighed when he felt her lean against him, doing his best to support her.

"In the meantime, I do see a stream from here. Why don't we go there first and get some cool water on that ankle? It might help with the swelling," he suggested, slowly starting to move with her.

Amanda Perry
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 08:16 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

Amanda smiled and looked all around them a bit more, it wasn't exactly the highest vantage point in the place, she could see taller mountains in the distance, but it was the tallest hill around them. She could see the stream, it wasn't far and at least going down the slope of the hill would be easier than it had been going up, at least she assumed, it wasn't as if she had lots of experience hiking, let alone having a sprained ankle. She remembered very little of her childhood before she became paralysed, bits and flashes, but nothing of what it had actually felt like to run and be free, then she could move in other people's bodies and in the computer, but it just wasn't the same and had been inside a spaceship.

"That seems best, maybe we should follow the stream once we're done, it has to go somewhere, if we follow it maybe it let's out into a larger body of water, and no matter the realm I imagine that people anywhere develop outwards from the best sources of water, especially if this is a realm without technology."

At least it would give them a starting point, she also made a mental note to look for some sort of branch or stick long enough that she could use as a walking stick. Not that she couldn't lean on Nick of course, but there might be times they have to separate, plus she didn't want to over tax him as well, no it would just be easier all around if she could find a walking stick to help with the sore ankle.

"Assuming that the sun is the same here, it appears that west is towards those mountains, at least that's the direction the sun has been moving towards since we fell through, whether that's actually west or not, we can just call it west, at least that way we won't end up walking in circles. "

As they made their way down the hill towards the stream, she tried not to put too much weight on Nick to support, but the more weight she put on the ankle, the more it hurt, after awhile she was beginning to feel less enthusiastic about feeling pain.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 08:11 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Once they started to walk, it didn't take long for Rush to notice that Amanda was not having an easy time. No doubt the longer they went, the more it hurt her, and he really hated to see it. Eventually, he just decided to do something about it. He paused for a moment. Long enough to dip one arm under her knees while the other moved to support her shoulders. He hoisted her off the ground, offering her a slight smile as he did so. He might not have been the largest guy around, but she wasn't exactly heavy and he could at least carry her for a little while until they got to the river.

"I don't think I've ever gotten to carry you like this," he commented as he walked, though he wished the circumstances were a bit different. Like they weren't stranded in some unknown realm, just the two of them.

That would be great.

Eventually, he walked them to the stream, moving to the rocky bank before setting her down on one of the smooth, dry stones that lined the sides of the flowing water. They looked almost like they were meant to be seats, though as far as he could tell there was no one around to have decorated with them. He let out a soft sigh, before looking at the water. It looked clear and clean- you could see everything happening within it.

It was quite beautiful, but he wasn't smiling. He looked down the river, frowning. "I hope this does lead somewhere," he mumbled, before looking back at Amanda.

"Do you need help?" He offered, in case she needed someone to steady her while she dipped her ankle in the cool water. He was, of course, hyper concerned about her and pretty much ready to do whatever he needed to help her.

Amanda Perry - I hope you don't mind him carrying her! I can change it if you like!
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 07:04 AM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

Amanda was relieved when Nick took the initiative and picked her up, part of her had wanted to just outright ask him, but another part, the part that had spent well over two decades confined to a wheelchair, didn't want to ask anyone for help any more, no matter how bad the pain was, if she was stubborn before, she sometimes ended up even more stubborn since she came back from the dead with full use of her body. Once she was in his arms she let out a very clear sigh of relief, it felt good to be off the ankle and at least they didn't have that much further to go from the stream, otherwise she'd feel guilty about being carried.

She smiled at his comment about never having carried her like this, though it was entirely correct, any time they'd really spent any time together they'd either been on Destiny while she was either in someone else's body or in the computer, or before that when she'd been in a wheelchair and they'd always been in public where there'd have been no reason for him to carry her.

"That's true, you haven't, though I have to say, of all the situations I've ever imagined you carrying me, this was not one of them."

Once they finally made it to the stream it felt good to be sitting on the rock with her ankle in the cold water, from the layout of the land she imagined the source of the water some somewhere in the mountains, the water was cold, but it also felt good.

"I hope so too, unless this is some realm where there's no people, and that could be a problem. Charlie described her realm to me once, sounded much like ours, only I do believe they aren't quite as advanced, far more advanced than this realm appears though."

No large buildings on the horizon, though she supposed even in their world there were places one might not see cities on the horizon, but something just felt off, something she couldn't quite put her finger on, instinct perhaps, just something didn't feel like this was a world like where they'd come from. The air smelled different, cleaner almost, everything just seemed more vibrant, like a world untouched by technology that often came with the side effect of polluting the world.

"Maybe if you could find something I could use for a walking stick, I appreciate being carried, but we have no idea how far it might be until we come to some sort of civilisation."

She didn't want to be a burden, if they knew how far they had to walk she might feel less bad about being carried, but for all they knew they were a hundred miles from anything resembling a village or city, and there was no way he could carry her that far.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 12:13 AM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Rush couldn't help but wonder what other situations Amanda had pictured him carrying her, but he decided it was probably better to ask about it in a less dire situation. Perhaps he could come up with a few reasons of his own in the meantime.

He sighed faintly, nodding as she talked about this realm's potential to be lacking in people. "I certainly hope there are people here. At least... I hope there's something here. Some means of figuring out a way back. Being stuck in that town was bad enough- I'm not going to be trapped in some patch of dirt with nothing to offer." He frowned at the very thought of it. It reminded him a little too much of when he had been abandoned on a planet after, you know, framing Young for murder. One tiny little prank and suddenly you're left to die on a desolate planet.

At least this place had greenery.

When she asked for a walking stick, he nodded again, taking a few steps away from her, "yeah, I'll see what I can find you- call if anything happens." Because he was definitely a hero and would be able to fight off any threats this realm might offer them. Sighing heavily, he moved a little further away from the water and back towards the trees, as it seemed the most logical place to look for a walking stick. Near the wood, right?

He searched for a bit, and eventually managed to find a thick fallen branch that still seemed to have a lot of its integrity still, despite having broken off from a tree who knows how long ago. He tested it by leaning against it, as he knew he weighed more than Amanda, even being a wee guy, and if it survived against him it would be fine for her to use. It didn't bend under the pressure, and nor were there any sounds of cracks.

It seemed like a winner.

Quickly, he made his way back towards the water, though as he moved to give the stick to Amanda, a screech suddenly broke out above them. It sounded almost like an eagle of some kind. A large creature appeared over the trees, the size and shape of a lion. Its large wings carried it easily to the ground, where it slammed down on thick back paws and narrow talons at the front. As a lion's tail whipped around, the piercing eyes of an eagle watched the two of them, another wild screech bursting from its long, sharp beak.

Amanda Perry
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:01 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

Amanda smiled and chuckled a bit at Nick's comment about hoping they'd find people and being stuck back in Storybrooke, though it didn't surprise her in the least. Sometimes she felt like she knew Nick better than he knew himself, and she knew it must be driving him nuts being in a town that favoured magic over technology in a world that was, although similar in many ways, yet so different and backwards in other ways. In a world like the one they appeared to be in, lacking any technology whatsoever, he'd probably pull his hair out trying to find a way to get back to any realm at all that had some semblance of the technology he favoured.

"Oh come on Nick, it wouldn't be that bad, you and I could build a little cottage overlooking the sea perhaps, or maybe near a pond, plant a garden."
She said in a clearly teasing tone.

As he talked about going off to find something that would work as a walking stick, she nodded. She wasn't really worried, maybe not as worried as she should be finding herself in a strange realm, but as much as she'd been through in her life, she had a tendency to just take things as they came. She was quite sure she'd be able to scream loud enough for him to hear if something did happen. She just hoped they hadn't found themselves in some pre-Jurassic like world with dinosaurs big enough to eat them each on a bite.

While she waited she kept looking around, her watch of course said it was 9pm, but of course that was back in Storybrooke, here it was day time, maybe sometime after noon by the looks of the sun, and that was another thing, one sun in the sky. She looked all around on the horizons, and was beginning to wish she had some type of binoculars or looking glass to see further off into the distance, after dark they might be able to see more if there were lights, but she wasn't too keen about being out here after dark with no idea where here was.

For a moment she breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Nick making his way back to her, but as he got closer, her relief was quickly replaced by a racing heartbeat and fear. The creature that appeared looked, well, it looked a bit like the mythological beast she'd read about in school, a griffon, although there was nothing mythological about this, it was there in flesh and blood and quite upset. Maybe they were in its hunting grounds, or maybe they were just on its food menu.

"Nick!" She wasn't sure what else to say or do, she sure as hell couldn't run fast enough to get away from a monster that could fly, and they were a good distance from the treeline, not too far away, but not close enough either.

After a few moments that felt like an eternity, shouts could be heard coming from the treeline, sounded like at least two or three voices in the mix, a hunting party perhaps, maybe going after the beast.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:20 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Rush didn't want the creature getting close to Amanda, the man quickly moving to pick up a large rock from the ground. He frowned at it for a moment, as though silently telling it not to miss, before looking over at the large bird/lion hybrid. Without waiting any longer, he hurled the rock at the beast, letting it sail and smack the creature right on its shoulder while it had its head turned. It screeched again, looking directly at Rush this time around.

Swallowing a knot in his throat, Rush readied himself, holding to stick like a weapon even though he doubted it would do much to help him if he had to fight this beast. Oh God, he was going to die. He wanted to run, but he couldn't just leave Amanda there.

He had to protect her, even if he was usually a total coward.

The creature might have come for him, too, had it not heard the shouts from the trees. It screeched and looked over again, watching as a small group of men burst through the brush and moved towards it. Instantly, the creature was focused on them, allowing Rush to escape and make his way over to Amanda. Which he did as quickly as his feet would carry him, of course.

"Amanda!" He gasped once he reached her, out of breath, "are you okay?" He didn't even know why he was asking- he knew the creature hadn't come close to her. But he felt like he needed to ask anyway. He held the stick out to her, before looking over his shoulder back at the group attacking the creature. They didn't seem to be defending them from it or anything like that- they looked like they were hunting it. Possibly for meat, or just for sport.

He wasn't sure he liked that thought- these people potentially weren't noble at all, and would turn on them once they were done with the creature.

"So you think you can walk with that stick?" He asked after turning his head back towards her.

Amanda Perry
PM
^
Amanda Perry
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 01:45 PM

Stargate Universe

Tomorrowland

Bach is online

33 years old / 70 posts

Amanda wasn't sure if it was time to really be relieved, at the very least the people going after the dragon seemed far more interested in it than they were her and Nick. From the looks of things the dragon was keeping them quite busy, so whether they would turn out to be friend or foe, there was a fairly good chance that Amanda and Nick could be headed in the opposite direction by then with a good head start. Question was, what direction did they head. Did they head in the direction the hunters had come from, perhaps that led to civilisation, but if they were a threat, then perhaps going in the direction they had come from was a bad idea. Granted, as they'd been hunting the dragon, there was no telling what path the hunt had taken them, and heading in that direction could mean nothing at all, granted it had been generally from the direction of down the stream like she'd originally suggested, following a water source, so maybe there was indeed some sort of civilisation that way.

Amanda laid a hand against Nick's cheek briefly.

"Nick, it's fine, I'm fine, but we should go. We have no idea who those men are, and even if they are friendly, that dragon is putting up quite a fight, if they are killed it could come back after us."
She took the stick he had gotten and stood up, at first she kept a hand on him to steady herself, test out her ankle, see how well the stick worked. The cold water had certainly helped. The ankle hurt still, and it was still a bit swollen, but she was going to put on her best effort at a brave face and move on as far as she could on the ankle.

She flashed Nick a reassuring smile.

"It's good, but what direction should we move, are we still heading towards down stream? That's roughly the way those men came from, there could be more of them, but they could be friendly for all we know....."

It was odd seeing a dragon like that in the wild, she'd heard there were dragons in Storybrooke, but they were people that could take the shape of dragons, any time she'd seen anyone, they all looked human to her, so seeing a dragon up close like that was quite the experience, and one she did not want to repeat if those hunters couldn't kill it.

Nicholas Rush

--------------------
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Nicholas Rush
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 02:15 PM

N/A

Tomorrowland

Twin is online

N/A years old / 42 posts

Amanda managed to calm Nick down with her touch- his mind had been running a million miles a minute, as it often did, while he struggled to figure out their best plan. This wasn’t his element. He wasn’t the nature guy. He had no idea how to help them survive this. But he was also not an idiot. Because he wanted to protect her, he would do everything in his power to try and figure things out. His brain, while geared more towards math, was still processing all the information in front of them, formulating ideas and theories. They weren’t in numbers, perhaps, but that didn’t mean they weren’t deep and complex.

He felt his thoughts start to simmer down, though, as he looked in Amanda’s eyes, the frantic nature of his own softening in unison to his shoulders drooping.

“You’re right,” he breathed, “we should go. I don’t want to wait to see if they beat that thing or not.” They could kill the griffon, or be killed by it. Either way, they needed to escape and find some kind of town. If there was a city or something, maybe a kingdom, it would be a heck of a lot better than some kind of bandit camp. Might shed some light on who these people were and if they could be trusted, too.

Then again, with their clothing and appearances, it was highly likely that they would be the ones questioned for their trust worthiness. They were the odd ones out in this situation.

They needed to be careful.

He frowned, looking back over at the men, then over at the river. They were so wrapped up in what they were doing, they didn’t even seem to notice the pair. Surely they had seen them, though, right? No one had come over to them- the beast was the focus of all. Perhaps that meant they didn’t care about them one way or another, good or bad. “Let’s follow the river,” he said after a moment, “I think, whatever community these people came from, might be a good place for us to find. These people didn’t try to keep us from escaping. We’re not their focus. Perhaps we can find less distracted, but more helpful people where they came from.” He moved next to Amanda, there to offer her support even with the walking stick. He started to walk with her, leading them down along the waterfront. Just follow the water downstream- that seemed fairly harmless.

He sighed. “One day we’re going to have a life together that doesn’t also involve wandering unknown worlds,” he promised, only half-joking.

Amanda Perry
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine