Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Who's a Pretty Boy Then?, Open!
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: May 29 2017, 02:59 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
“C’mon Fang, make some friends.” Hagrid turned around from the cage to his own pet. The poor boarhound didn’t particularly look like he wanted to make friends, but with a little tug of his lead he was sniffing between the bars at a rather scruffy looking border collie, who wagged his tail excitedly and nosed through the bars. Hagrid looked on fondly. “Aww. This place isn’ all bad. This...Storybrooke.” He frowned a little, looking down at the umbrella still hanging limply in his hands.

Fang wasn’t the only one who was well and throughly spooked.

He hadn’t used his umbrella yet, not really. He had never been a huge user of magic, given his restrictions back home that, if no longer enforced by law, were now just a habit. He was used to doing things manually - getting down and dirty and all that, down with his Blast-Ended Skrewts and his pumpkins and what have ya. But ever since he had managed to transport himself here seemingly on a fluke he had done nothing but look at his umbrella, and the wand fragments contained inside, suspiciously. What if he got himself into another world after this one? What if he grew further and further from home?

So what had Hagrid done? Make his way towards one part of town that looked friendly. And by friendly, he meant filled with animals. Storybrooke Pet Shelter. That sounded nice, didn’t it? Loads o’ animals. And that was how he’d found this cheeky chappy here, this little collie. The dog licked his fingers as he stroked it through the bars. Unfortunately there didn’t seem to be anything really magical here. There seemed to be magic, but none actually in the creatures. He couldn’t help being a little disappointed. Still, it did something to calm him down.

Hagrid turned to look at his dog, who gave him a wag of his tail. “Good boy.” Fang woofed softly. “Oh, Fang...what’re we gonna do then? Got any ideas, ya daft dog?” The boarhound, for his input in this rather one sided conversation, snuffled into his coat. He rummaged in the pocket and brought out a rather lint-covered dog treat which he gave without a moment’s thought. “Least yeh’re here, with me. Not home alone.”

ADD: OPEN! | WORDS: 377 | NOTES: FREE FOR ANYONE TO JOIN

PM
^
Athena
 Posted: May 29 2017, 04:32 PM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

feel the fire cause it's all around

burning for forever and always

Athena walked down the street, the tall woman looking amongst the small quiet streets of Storybrooke. The undead had been running fairly rampant since she arrived, which was certainly no surprise-- however, it was quiet that unsettled her the most. Quiet was reserved only when one was waiting to play their ace, and she certainly didnt want the abomination Horned 'King' to be given any advantage. One advantage she had? Her own war strategy. She began to build thoughts in her head, wishing to destroy him with the least casualties.

That was why she was sent over Ares. He certainly could cast his dice in war, bu he was messy and undifgnified. He cared only of winning, not of the cost it meant to take the 'easy route' to victory. Frankly, he disgusted her.. As well as his lover, Aphrodite-- neither gave true pride in their roles or truly knew the importance of love and war. They were too self absorbed to.

She noticed a giant walking into the animal shelt, catching he attention. She needed champions, and giant, even halfling were strong. Not always the brightest, but if he was part human-- perhaps it wasnt completely insane dealing amoungst the unpredictable. She listened as his dog seemed rather skiddish. Animals? Perfect. She could do animals. She could make this work. "Hello," She greeted, fairly close in height to the man as she put out her hand. "New to town as well?" She smiled warmly, only a pinch shorter than the half giant himself.

Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 03:14 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
Hagrid regularly talked to his animals. It wasn't really out of loneliness. He had plenty of friends who came round to his hut and other staff members of Hogwarts, of course. It was more because he felt they could understand and wanted to be talked to. Granted the Skrewts didn't seem to really care if they were being talked to, and the Nifflers only really wanted to be given lots of earth to swim through like water, but he talked to them anyway. And Fang and his other pets liked the company. The thought of Fang alone in his hut, not being fed, not being checked on...ugh. It was a horrible feeling, one that made him shiver where he stood. His massive hand, the size of a dustbin lid, went to touch Fang's fur in long even strokes.

But he hadn't expected to be overheard. Hagrid glanced up from his position by the collie's cage as a woman suddenly glided in. He couldn't help but have a split second frown in just sheer surprise. Eh? She was tall - almost as tall as him, and close in height. He was used to being the tallest person in the room - in the castle, usually. Certainly towering head and shoulders over the rest, wherever he was. It was just part of who he was, where he came from - just something he got used to over time. But here was something almost as tall. A thought occurred to him then of a woman just a little taller...

Hagrid had a moment's hesitation before he got up and took her hand in an almost bone-crushing shake. It wasn't that he was being aggressive; he just didn't realise his own strength sometimes. "'Ello." There was a trace of wariness in his thickly accented voice. Nothing was what it seemed here. Just talking to someone of a similar height to himself was odd, a funny feeling when he was mostly looking down at people. She was smiling but since the war he had been less open - a little more wary. And, of course, he was a long way from home. Speaking of..."New to town as well?" Hagrid nodded. "Yeah. Jus' dropped in." It was the easiest way to explain. He crossed his arms.

Fang stepped forward, nosing at the woman cautiously with little, nervous wags of his tail. The half giant stooped to pull him back gently by the collar. "Sorry," he said, automatically going to apologise. Not everyone liked dogs like he did - or other animals, for that matter. How they couldn't he didn't know but it was easier to get the apologies out of the way. You know, before the screaming. "Fang's just bein’...friendly." The surprise was evident in his voice. Fang didn't usually warm up to people like that, or at least enough to sniff them. Normally he had to prise the dog out from behind him. Or at least now, he thought sadly, in this new world.

Which made this woman even more strange.

"Rubeus Hagrid," he added, eventually giving up on moving the boarhound. Where Fang wanted to go he went. "Hagrid," he clarified. He cleared his throat. "Came 'ere a few days ago, smatter of fact." He raised his bushy eyebrows in uncertainty, adding, "Who're you? New s'well, did yeh say?" Maybe she came into town the same way. The pink umbrella was still heavy in his hand, uncomfortably reminding him of his dodgy spellcasting or whatever it was that had brought him here. He still didn't trust it - or himself. But he couldn't be the only one to somehow cast himself here, could he....

Could he?

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 570 | NOTES: LOVE ATHENA!
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 05:19 PM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

Athena smiled, returning the same firm hand shake. The gods were know for their strength-- at least the gods who worked at it, "It's a pleasure, Hagrid," She replied, a kind smile. She even chuckled a bit as the dog even seemed to take a shine, petting fang atop his head before giving him a scratch behind his ears. " here.. some business and such," She chuckled. She just gave reassuring gestures as she patted Fang," It's quite alright. Ive been known to bring out the bravery in others. Even big, timid dogs," She joked. "I adore animals. Cats, dogs, serpants, spiders, dragon.. the lot. But, I tend to prefer the owl over all others," It was her most loyal species after all, along with the snakes.

"Rubeus.. as in Harry's Rubeus. It's indeed a pleasure," She replied quite excitedly," Harry was incredibly brave, and the same could be said for you." She realized in her excitement it was best to properly introduce herself," My name is Athena, i'm charged with war strategy,

Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 02:11 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
Hagrid was a little surprised to recieve a firm handshake back, but he was even more surprised to see Fang being so friendly. "Well, what do yeh know," he said with a chuckle, watching as the dog wagged his tail and made little happy grunts at his ears being scratched. "He’s never usually so friendly." Suddenly realising he’d painted Fang was unfriendly he added hurriedly, "At least people he doesn’t know. He’s always friendly to me. He’s jus’ a bit shy." Normally, that was. Now he seemed to have taken a bit of a shine to this woman - which in turn made Hagrid look favourably at her as well. Took a nice person to get the best out of the usually quiet boarhound.

And someone who liked animals, evidently. "Me too," he agreed. "Animals, big an’ small. I like the dang’rous critters. Dragons, acromantula." Hippogriffs, three headed dogs…he did have a penchant for the creatures most likely to kill. But Hagrid’s old maxim was that these people had no idea of what danger really meant. You just had to raise them right and they didn’t want to harm you. The only exception was Aragog’s children. There had never been a part of the forest Hagrid hadn’t been welcome in before, but there he had to make an exception. But everything else? Nah, those ministry people didn’t know the meaning of the word ‘danger’. Wasn’t everything a bit dangerous?

But what he hadn’t expected was for this woman to know him already - or someone else he knew. "You know Harry? Is he here too?" He looked around, almost expecting Harry to turn up from around the corner. "The same could be said for you." Oh. She knew about the Battle of Hogwarts? Hagrid turned around and reddened a little. "Nah, it was nothin’," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "Harry did all the important things." He wondered where Harry was now. He could’ve sworn Harry was back home in his realm, whatever realm that was, but maybe he’d been taken here too if this woman knew him. Or maybe this woman was a witch too?

She introduced herself then, and Hagrid nodded. "Oh. Tha’s nice." But his forehead creased as he thought it over. War strategy… "Never heard of that job." Not even in the Order of the Phoenix had anyone been charged with war strategy - though he supposed that post would have gone to Dumbledore if there had been that vacancy. He had been the one masterminding the whole thing, telling them all how to defeat Voldemort and hold back the Death Eaters. He gestured around them. "Yeh must be out of work here." He didn’t see any wars in Storybrooke. He’d only been here a small amount of time but it seemed peaceful enough. Still, he was sure he’d heard the name Athena before; he just didn’t know exactly where. Nice name, though. Sounded something like Greek, he found himself reflecting.

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 517 | NOTES:
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 08:28 AM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

"Acromantula are quite facinating, though I must confess, spiders tend to hate me," She was somewhat responsible for the hatred spiders carried towards her given what she did to their mother spider, Arachne. But, it was a taste of the punishment the goddess was not above dealing to those whom disrespected her. She felt some regret for it, but Athena's pride at times outweighed her sense of turning the other cheek. "Though I couldnt very well blame them in their feelings towards me," The woman admitted.

"Oh no, not personally," She admitted," Id only seen the battle.. My brother Ares and I were there for the final battle of Hogwarts," Though no one would have seen him. She and Ares were at odds as to whom would come out victorious. As usual, Athena knew that a real love would win, not to mention sheer brilliance on the heroes behalf," Alas, Harry is not.. Though, I wouldnt sell yourself short on the role you played in Harry's life.

"Actually, Im here for quite the reason of work. Family business and such," She smiled a bit, petting the sweet dog affectionately. Though the dog was cowardly, he had heart. Most people couldnt even boast the same attributes," I go where needed, and only appear when it's deemed absolutely necessary. The gods tend to be fickle in mortal matters after the blood sheds of ancient times. Too often has my brother jumped into wars and made a mess of bloodshed even our father Zeus couldnt see undone." That was why she was here-- the favored child who actually knew the strength in restraint and compassion. Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 01:58 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
"Aww." Hagrid looked positively heartbroken at that, his bushy eyebrows leaning heavily on his beetle-black eyes. What bad news! "They're alright when yeh get ter know them," he said, feeling obliged to stick up for his eight legged friends. They got a tough rap anyway - and God, did Hagrid know about that. Even if Aragog's children weren't so friendly to him anymore, he still felt like he owed it to Aragog. Bless him. His best mate at school, good old Aragog was...he was so busy thinking about his past pet than to consider what this Athena was saying. At least, below the surface. He nodded. "They're more scared of yeh then yeh are of them, yeh right. They just wanna be left in peace, really. They're good 'uns." The sound of him missing the point made a whistling noise as it went over his head.

What didn't go over his head was a mention of Harry. Hagrid was like a bloodhound himself when his young friend was mentioned - either to talk at length about the Potters and how bloody marvellous they all were or to defend him with all his hot blooded loyalty to the young man. "Oh." He sobered up, going to wipe his nose with the back of his hand before, completely forgetting hygiene, went to extend it for a handshake. Comrades in arms - an acknowledgement of the fact they'd been at the same battle. And what a battle it had been. "Then yeh know 'ow it was, Athena," he said gruffly. "Bloody massive fight. Glad yeh got out safe and sound." He bit his lip. "Lots didn'. But yeh know tha', if yeh were there." He hadn't seen Athena there, but that didn't mean anything. The battle had been so chaotic he had barely seen his friends or the rest of the Order of the Phoenix - it had all been a blur of incarnations and death curses and all the rest. And then he'd been taken by the Death Eaters...the half giant couldn't help but colour a little and look down at his shoes as the woman went on. Did he really play such a big part?

He felt better already knowing there was someone here from his own realm - or someone who he assumed was from his realm. If she had been at the Battle of Hogwarts she must've been. Having a fellow magical person here made all the difference. What he was surprised to hear was that Athena had chosen to be here. Had she not been carried by portal here, like so much driftwood? "Oh. Righ'." The puzzlement must've shown on his face, which only became more pronounced as she mentioned something about the gods.

"Wait, wha'? The gods?" Suddenly the keeper of keys got the sense that he'd missed something, something very important. "Yer a god? Goddess?" he corrected himself quickly. He looked her up and down, as if trying to find some sort of 'I'm a goddess' badge. Somehow he thought goddesses would look different - if they existed at all. Apparently they did. "Yeh don' look like a goddess. I mean," he added, suddenly getting tongue-tied and worried he'd insulted her, "Yer pretty. Sorry. I jus' meant yeh don' look....goddy." Goddy. it was the best he could come up with. Fang, sensing his owner's confusion, looked up at him and whined. "Yer broth...yer Greek," he realised, partially thinking aloud.

Somewhere far, far away, every time Hagrid realised something a horse grew wings and became a pegasus. This was in part why there are no pegasi.

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 599 | NOTES: SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I DIDN'T GET THE ALERT
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 07:19 PM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

"Oh, no. I believe theyre not all bad whatsoever. It's a bit of a long tale, but the short version being i'm part of the reason there are spiders. Well, mostly. But it wasnt a creation under the best circumstances, so we find its better to avoid strained relations any further," She remarked a bit apologetically," Im not perfect, and my imperfections have resulted in many beautiful mishaps." She found spiders beautiful, as any creature with a noble heart and purpose. However, things would never be subtle in terms of relations with herself and the spiders.

"Well, you'd be surprised how true that statement is on the fear front," She couldnt blame the spiders for their fear and hatred of her. It was warrented, after all.

"I was regrettably not as involved in your fight as one would find," She remarked, given she was more of an unseen bystander that bared witness. She didnt trust her brother not to tip the scales unjustly, of course. "It was more of a restraint venture on my brother, Are. He isnt one for subtle scale tipping." She patted Fang as he wimpered a bit, offering a smile to the kind hearted dog, before giving him a scratch behind the ears.

She chuckled a bit as he seemed a bit thrown at what she was," Yes, I'm an Olympian. I usually prefer it to the 'goddess' prowess. Im less of the float on a cloud above all' type," She chuckled as he flattered her with his adorable loss of words," Thank you, dear. You gracious, lovely creature in your own right," She smiled kindly," I suppose you had more of the Aphrodite in a clam shell image in a drapped robe in mind," She chuckled a bit. "Ive always preferred armor above all myself."

Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 01:05 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
The half giant was finding himself very, very confused. All he thought he was doing was talking to a nice lady who liked dogs at the pet shelter - not talking to an actual Greek goddess. Where had that come from? It was certainly a curveball and not one that Hagrid had foreseen coming in advance. Not that he saw many things coming in advance, for that matter. He was just staring at Athena. Did all gods and goddesses just hang around in pet shelters?

"Now all that yeh were sayin' makes sense!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Bou' the spiders." He frowned. "Sorta. I don' know many myths. Didn' study 'em at school." But he soon brightened, suddenly realising what that meant. Because there was something very important he was forgetting. "But yeh made one of my fav'rite animals! Thanks fer the spiders," he added enthusiastically, like a superfan talking to his favourite author. He grinned broadly. "Didn' know they had stuff ter do with yeh, but love 'em ter bits. Yeh know? Bigger the better."

He was all ready to tell Athena just how much he liked spiders and how the invention of spiders was one of the best things to have happened ever (and ever, and ever, and ever...) but what she said next about the war made him pause. He glanced at her as she spoke, saying nothing as she said how very little she'd done. If she had been there at the Battle of Hogwarts as a normal person, as an ordinary woman, he would've thought her brave. Everyone who was there had been brave. But she was a goddess.

To think that a Greek god and goddess had been at the Battle of Hogwarts...and had done nothing.

She was chatting away as if there was nothing wrong. The half giant's mood shifted subtly, something like a great tide beginning to build up inside of him ready to crash on a shore. He didn't know what 'Olympian' meant, nor how to even spell it, but he didn't ask. Ironically it was Fang who was perfectly at ease. He seemed happy to be getting all the attention, as he was given a scratch and as he nosed at Athena's hand. "I suppose you had more of the Amphrodite in a clam shell image in a draped robe in your mind." Hagrid's answers were monosyllabic. "Yeh. I did."

He had to say something. It was that or letting it all build up inside. "Yeh didn' help, though." His voice was a low growl, like the rumble of an earthquake. "Yeh didn't help, Athena. Yeh were at the Battle. Yeh jus' said. But what did yeh do? Just. Watch."

His anger was hard to restrain and suddenly it all came out. "People died, Athena! Harry almost died. Some of my friends died!" He looked up at her, at the slight height difference that divided them. His beetle black eyes had gone dark. The keeper of keys knew it was probably a bad idea to stick up two fingers to a goddess, but by God he was doing it anyway. His beard quivered like an animal about to leap to life. "An’ you! You with yer armour," he said angrily, jabbing a massive finger in her direction. He took a step closer to her. "Maybe yeh are the 'float on cloud' type. Yeh could've done summat!"

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 564 | NOTES:
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 09:17 AM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

"You didnt truly need me, Hagrid," She said softly, knowing such words would sound bitter, no matter how she said them. "I wish I could have came in, but fate isnt for me to decide. It's a lesson we learned long ago. If the gods overtsep, fate returns ten fold, and often worse for it. Blood runs thicker, death is far more rampent.. All because we try to control the uncontollable force that is mortal life." She knew it wasnt easy to accept, given this wasnt the first time she explained herself in mortal matters.

"Some gods, like my brother Ares, do not respect the balances. I do. That was why I was there. Making sure my daft brother didnt take his choice in sides too far," Her brother sided to Voldemort, though that wasnt what mattered. What mattered was that he didnt get involved and make things worse," I never had a doubt in your cause, your people. The heroic heart always takes the war, even if the dont take the battle. Harry wouldve won, because of you and all the others who stood with him not as the Boy Who Lived, but as a family. One heart for a single noble cause. Believe me, Hagrid, all of you were the strength you needed. You never needed us."

"Im sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear, but I stand by my decisions, regrets and all. I wouldnt have changed my decision, because I know I made the one you all needed. As a god you know when to step in, and when to yield." She held her hands together, offering a small smile to the giant, taking his hand a moment and offering a squeeze comfortingly," Im sorry, Hagrid, but I believed in all of you, and my faith I will always believe was well placed. Even I couldnt have saved everyone. I could only restrain a worse fate..I believe, good-hearted giant, you know that Im telling you the truth. I did all within my power without causing more damage than good." Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 06:15 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
All thoughts of being with the pretty doggies and new pals he could've gained at the pet shelter were well and truly of the past. Hagrid was looking at Athena with open derision. His eyes had darkened and his hands were in fists. It seemed so unfair. How could anyone just stand by and let a battle happen, if there was a way to stop it - or allow the great and the good to win? He just didn't get it. It was for people like Dumbledore or Lupin - the academics, the bright ones - to discuss ethics and morals and the true nature of people, but Hagrid didn't need to be a professor to understand that if there was a way to stop suffering you stopped it. Surely there were no ifs and no buts in that.

But Athena disagreed. It was hard to actually listen to her and have to put some thought into what she was saying. To Hagrid it seemed simple, and he was tempted to not listen at all but tell this Greek goddess what-for given the way she'd let everyone down. And let everyone down she did, surely. It had to be an open and shut case. But in this instance the keeper of keys landed his heavy gaze on her with a thin line for a mouth, his expression doing all the talking for him as he kept his sullen silence. If he didn't listen he wouldn't know how this woman was actually defending herself. He crossed his arms, shifting his weight from side to side. Fine then.

"Fate?" He gestured to her vaguely, as if trying to point out her godliness. Or goddessness. There really weren't words to describe divinity, were there? Hagrid was working with what he had. "Thought yeh was all powerful. Isn' that the point of being a goddess? Doing what yeh want ter do?" Maybe they all had less powers than he thought, but he couldn't help being skeptical still. It sounded just like what someone who was trying to get out of it would say. Gods were meant to get involved with mortal life all the time, or so he thought. Hagrid had never been the scholar type. Even if they didn't need immortal help surely it was a good thing to have it anyway! Who would turn down the help of a goddess?

If they were warlike, apparently. "So yeh weren't there...fer us. Yeh were there fer yer brother." No. That wasn't right. He shook his head, aware that somewhere he'd made a mistake. "Yeh were stoppin' yer brother." What was he then, he wanted to ask? The God of Actually Getting Things Done and Helping People? "Can' remember what Ares does now." There was a certain accusatory note to his tone in there somewhere. He shrugged. "Somethin' about war." Maybe he was the War Betterer God. Or something. He better not be, if this Athena had been trying to tug him away from the Battle of Hogwarts. As she went on about how they didn't need her, he snorted. "We had a few close shaves, believe you me." Maybe as the Goddess of War Strategy she knew how wars would turn out or something. But to Hagrid the war had nearly ended up very differently.

Did that excuse his outburst? Contrary to Athena's brother, it wasn't in Hagrid's nature to be violent. It didn't always gel well with him and it didn't now. Lots of people thought it would, because of his giant heritage and because of the nature of that particular people. Any wizard with two brain cells to rub together knew that 'peace' wasn't a word in the giants' vocabulary, 'truce' something they didn't even recognise. People crossed the road from Hagrid for a reason - judging him for how he looked, not how he behaved. His mother's race were warlike and dangerous, the reason behind multiple wizard deaths and the fairytale villain every time. But the half giant was half for a reason. Sometimes he was violent, because his emotions got carried away with him, or because someone had been disrespectful to one of his friends.

But she wasn't disrespecting the dead, or those who had fought in the battle alongside Hagrid. She was being complementary, praising them all. She wasn't insulting those who had died, or the living, at all. And her kindness and calm even when under question stumped Hagrid. He'd been expecting outrage. "Mhm." He felt a bit embarrassed now, withdrawing his hand from hers. "I see." The half giant didn't, not really. Privately he still thought that having a goddess of war strategy would've been pretty useful on his side, might've stopped people from dying. But now he wasn't sure if anyone had really died at all, given people he thought had died were turning up in Storybrooke. Lily Potter, Lupin, Dumbledore...those were people who he'd thought had gone and died and yet here they were. Did that mean no one had died, and they had just ended up in places like these? Storybrooke had changed his perspective. And besides, he knew she was telling the truth. Something about her just told him that, without having to really understand why.

"Yeah, well," he said gruffly. He sniffed, fidgeting where he stood. The fire from his eyes had descended to that of a cinder. "Yeh know. It was hard." Hard. Any word he could've used would've let down what the battle was like, really. "Fer all yer going on about how great we all were. It was dirty. It was ugly. It was hard. Just hearin' that....yeh know. Yeh were there. It's hard, 'cause I think about what coulda changed an' what coulda happened." And he couldn't look at her that favourably, either. Once the thought had occurred to him that someone could've done more it was hard to ever put that thought away. "Jus' thought yeh could do something. Send a lightning bolt on You-Know-Who or somethin'." He laughed a little mirthlessly. "Picked 'im off before we even begun. But...that's the second wizarding war I've bin in. An' I don' wanna see any more." He looked to her, not able to fully apologise. It stuck in his throat. "We won. I know that. But we didn' think we were." He cleared his throat. "I didn' think we were. I was taken captive. I 'eard all their plans, see. They all thought they'd win. You-Know-Who, all the scumbags he called followers. 'Spose it didn't feel like we were gonna win at the time. That's all. Maybe yeh right. I don't know."

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 377 | NOTES:
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 07:31 PM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

She understood his hurt-- or at least she liked to hope she understood. But could she really? She thought a moment, and honestly, she wasnt sure if she could. She furrowed her brows a bit, knowing one thing. She didn't know," You're quite right, Hagrid.." She said with a soft sigh," I say I understand-- but i'm not mortal. I-- couldn't. But I've always wanted to. It's never been a question of faith or belief, but I can't say I personally relate to you all as much as I wish that I could," She contemplated the thought a moment, before looking at the man again. This had meant so much. It was pivotal in his life, and for her? It may have been interesting, and in a way, important. But what was pivotal to an immortal life? How unmeaningful she felt..

"Ares-- The god of War. A very blood-thirsty, misguided tyrant. I love him as I would anyone, but-- It doesn't mean that I would stand at his side. Honestly, I almost never have. Maybe that makes my a horrible sister by most standards, but your kind has always been my first priority. It may seem unfair, but I am a goddess of wisdom and war strategy. Sometimes, the best thing one can do is stay back. If I stepped against the side my brother deemed the superior side-- Voldemort's side, What do you believe he would have done? It would have been I on your side and him on theirs. Do you believe that a battle amongst gods as well as wizards would have held a greater outcome? Saved more lives?"

"I'm strategic-- I may or may not have favored a certain young witch that helped you all," As if Hermione wasn't one of her favorites? She was an intelligent witch with a Greek name? As if none of the God's cheated in that. "I helped in the ways that kept peace. Though, I would certainly deny cheating if Ares ever asked," She doubted that Hagrid would ever tell her brother that she helped Hermione (especially given her brother was a Voldemort supporter).

"I don't know everything-- A lot, but I'm no fate. I can only do what I know.. I knew from past experience with Ares that I wouldn't have in your best interest in the second wizarding war. Maybe I was wrong, but I can't say I regret the decision, because I truly believe it was the right one-- And I always had faith in your cause. Not just Harry, but all of you. There is a reason the light magic is stronger than dark. Voldemort's mistake was believing that because he won the battle, that he couldn't lose the war. Love wins out." Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 09:27 AM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
The half giant cleared his throat again. The noise seemed uncomfortably loud after the goddess’ explanation, the air heavy and burdened with talk of war. He shook his head, bristly beard rustling from side to side. "Nah. Nah. Suppose you, er, wouldn’. Wouldn’ know what it’s like ter be one o’ us." He chuckled mirthlessly. "It’s not very excitin’. Things happen and yeh don’ know why. Yeh see things happen an’ can’ do anythin’ about them." He gestured with hands the size of dustbin lids. "They jus’ do," he said, "And yeh left to cope. Gotta wait fer things ter come, good or bad." He considered it. "Like we don’ know what it’s like ter be a goddess."

What did he know about gods and goddesses? If he'd been asked he would've thought deities of every kind would be lording it over the rest of them. But Athena's different. Different, but in a good way. And standing here now the half giant looked well down at Fang and the other dogs in the animal shelter and felt the first tinges of embarrassment. Hagrid had said those things expecting to get something back - wasn't she going to stand up for herself? And when all he got was...that, it took the wind out of his sails. It wasn't that he felt like a student caught out by a teacher. He wasn't feeling talked down to. In all honesty he was just suddenly aware that maybe - just maybe - he'd said the wrong thing. Jumped to the wrong conclusion.

It would've been better if Athena had shouted and screamed. But she was the goddess of strategy, and he supposed that it wasn't strategic to go around shouting at people.

Mind you, it didn’t stop Hagrid doing it every so often.

But he’d never thought of himself as a mortal before. He certainly hadn’t thought from the perspective of anyone who could have power over wars, and things like that. Even Dumbledore - great man, Dumbledore, great man - hadn’t been that good. Sometimes Hagrid had, in his quiet moments, wondered what was in that man’s head. But he hadn’t been a god. What was it like, to see all of those possibilities? To have to weigh them up like that? To know that you could change someone’s fate - change the fate of a nation, even? Or to prevent another god from doing the same thing, even if he was your brother?

"Suppose," he said, "That’s my problem." He looked down at the floor and ran the sole of his shoe along the tiles. "I don’t know. Don’ know anythin’." He was just a groundsman. Keeper of Keys. Somehow, despite his height, Hagrid felt very small. He looked to Athena, his beetle black eyes losing their usual glow. "We woulda lost more, wouldn’ we? With yer brother messin’ up stuff." More of them. More people who Hagrid hadn’t even considered. Weasleys, maybe. Good ol’ Neville. The thought of losing even more people than those he’d had to mourn over made him sick to his stomach.

"Thanks." He cleared his throat. "Fer explainin’. Didn’…didn’ think," he murmured. Hagrid chuckled under his breath mirthlessly. "Great. Sayin' that to the goddess o' wisdom, but I didn'. Thought yeh knew more than yeh did, ‘pose. Yeh right. Love wins out. An’ it did, in the end. Didn' think it would, but it did." The half giant coughed again. "Sorry, Athena. Jus’…jus’ came over me. Sounded like yeh did nothin', and I..." He shrugged hopelessly. "I son't wanna think it could all be stopped. That somethin' could've changed." But she didn't do nothing. If anything - what would have happened, Hagrid wondered, if Ares really had been left unchecked? Thanks to Athena they'd never know. He looked to the goddess with a small smile - apologetic, wincing a little at his own...ineptness. He scratched at the back of his head. "Yeh better than that. Shoulda known." The war had changed him, though that was no excuse. He'd much marched into it, like the oaf people thought he was.

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 682 | NOTES: LOVE ATHENA!
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 12:09 PM

Percy Jackson

Olympus

KAT ! is online

N/A years old / 26 posts

She couldnt help but chuckled lightly at the half-giant's demeanor. He was fierce, yet incredibly gentle. Those were fine qualities, and all his reaction stemmed from love and loyalty. "No, no dear Hagrid. You need not apologize. I may not completely be able to understand mortality, but I do understand loss. It's never easy, but you can be assured that those deserving and finished of their mortal weights get to move on to a far better place than you could ever imagine," She smiled with the warm of the sun as they stood chatting, enjoying the company of the animals and Hagrid. She pat the big, slobbering Fang, ruffling and scratching behind the sweet dog's ears.

"I'm here with my father's blessings, but I still somewhat worry that he may show. There's little chance given he's a bit preoccupied-- but I can't imagine what would go on in my brother's head. The Horned King is very powerful, so there is a good chance he could feel it if I can." She hoped that she wouldn't have to deal with Ares on top of everything. Of course, Athena could certainly handle her own against him, but that hardly was the best of circumstances in such a small town with two gods trying to destroy each other.

"You know what counts, Hagrid. Don't be too hard on yourself," She smiled," I have strength of mind. I may not know all, of course, but your strength of heart is greater than I could ever aspire for. It's truly an admirable trait." Mortals felt a love she could never even compare to. To have such a fleeting time on this Earth, then to inevitably lose it all? That was both horrible and beautiful. It brought on such an appreciation for every moment that she could only wish for. Mortality however inevitably doomed in a way, was far more beautiful than that of an immortal life.

She simply nodded when said they would've lost more," Unfortunately, circumstances of history are all the proof I would need-- he's not something I would wish on any mortal."

Rubeus Hagrid        

&    
PM
^
Rubeus Hagrid
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 02:04 PM

Harry Potter

Other Realms

Jessica is online

88 years old / 49 posts

I am what I am,
AN’ I’M NOT ASHAMED
Hagrid hoped, prayed - if there was anything to pray to, he supposed now there was - that Athena knew he was genuine. Honestly, here he was trying to make out he was civilised - that he did deserve to live with people, because he was half human too, because he had feelings and he loved and he cried and he just wanted to - well, like that muggle film, be part of that world - and here he was doing things like that. Acting just like his giant relations did, just as his relatives settled arguments by grabbing a chunk of boulder and lobbing it at an opponent. What was the difference there? How was he any different to the giants that wizardkind hated so much, had driven to the mountains in a bid to control them?

Sometimes his anger overtook him. He was still grieving, the wounds still…still raw. And Hagrid didn’t know if it really was just his own personality or some part of his giant ancestry coming out, some element of giantness making itself known or what, but sometimes he found it hard to stop. Before it had always been about Dumbledore, or Harry - someone disrespecting them, someone daring to say they had a lesser character than they did. How dare they suggest such a thing! Now it was about so many people that it was hard to remember all of their names - but he had to, because to forget was even worse than the alternative. People shouldn’t ever disrespect the names of those who died that day, and he got angry just at the thought of someone lessening what they did or what the battle was like. But it was a matter of knowing when to rein it in - that anger that rose in him, wherever it came from and whatever its root cause was.

He’d have to remember that.

But the Keeper of Keys, rather than being struck down by some sort of divine magic, only heard a chuckle instead. She was…taking it rather well. She believed him! Rather than risk saying anything further incriminating - or anything else he would have to apologise for - he simply nodded. Strength of Heart. It was all a bit too lordly for the groundsman. "Thank yeh," he said quietly. "But yeh know. Felt like I had to." It didn’t feel right, almost screaming at someone demanding that they explain themselves to him when he didn’t understand, whne he didn’t have any of the proper facts. Like he said, he hadn’t thought, hadn’t stopped to consider. At least now he’d set things right. It settled his conscience.

It was good Athena had been there, really. It was nice to know there had been people watching out for them - for Dumbledore’s Army and the Order of the Phoenix and the rest.

"I’m glad." He wiped at his nose. "I’m glad tha’ they’re happy, in the end. They should be." They’d done enough to be happy, didn’t they? Maybe the rest of them would have to live on, and would have to recall everything that happened - but the ones who died deserved peace. Of course they did. He thought back towards them all, the faces that would never be seen around Hogwarts again. But a goddess’ word was the best he was going to get, and if she said they were happy then he was willing to believe her. She’d have to know out of anyone, so he thought. "They deserve it. They really do." Some of them had only been kids. Kids, in a war that they shouldn’t even have been a part of.

"It’s truly an admirable trait." Hagrid blinked. "Nah." His ears went pink and he flushed a ruddy red. Maybe it would’ve looked like he were Santa Claus, beyond the dog the size of a small child next to him, the definitely not white beard and not a reindeer in sight. "It’s just, er, er…" He tried to think of some way to lessen what she’d said. It couldn’t be right, any of it. She was just being too kind. "Yeh know. Well," he said, covering a little and quickly changing the subject, "I hope he never comes. Yer brother. Got enough war goin’ on, thank yeh very much." He smiled a bit. "I’ll tell ‘im that if I see ‘im. Tell ‘im to buzz off an’ find somewhere else ter cause trouble." Where was Ares now? Hagrid didn’t know enough about Greek mythology - was it mythology if the gods and goddesses in it were real? - to really know. If he was the god of war, though, he had to be at a war somewhere. He’d stay somewhere he was the god of, he supposed. That was what Hagrid would do, anyway. Which made him wonder, of course, why Athena was here in the first place; a pet shelter wasn’t exactly the best place to look for wisdom. Maybe she was the goddess of dogs as well. She was getting along perfectly fine with Fang.

"He’s enjoyin’ that, yeh know. Yeh handle him well." Hagrid smiled fondly at his dog. "He’s a bloody coward, so he doesn’t go fer just anyone. Yeh special, Athena." Special not for being a goddess, but for being his dog’s friend. Hagrid valued that above anything else. But he frowned, then. He was sure he could remember something. "Yeh know," he said, tugging at his beard (and waking up some earwigs as he went), "I could swear one of my friends was named after yeh. Lovely woman. Not Athena. Can’t have been that, I’d have remembered. Hers was Minerva. Minerva McGonagall." His voice warmed. "Wasn’t half clever. Wonderful woman, bu’ I swear that’s one of yeh names, too. Yeh would’ve liked ‘er." Probably a bit more than Athena liked him, not being that intellectual as he was. But he shook his head. "Anyway. Glad ter meet you, Athena. Really. No ‘ard feelin’s. Are yeh looking for a dog o’ yer own?" He gestured around at the dogs. Fang went up to sniff one of them tentatively through the bars, a little unsure. "I’m assumin’ that’s why yeh here. Not bein’ accused o' war crimes."

ADD: Athena | WORDS: 1056 | NOTES: I'M SO SORRY YOU'VE BEEN WAITING AGES FOR THIS D:
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine